[Jack Scribe] Domes and Teapots is out!

I seem to forget history faster than I learn it, so I reviewed the "Teapot Dome" scandal before reading Domes and Teapots 1. That first really big scandal of the 20th century was all about oil. Hhhmm... No matter what's behind this scandal, I know I'm going to enjoy this story. Back when I still had TV, I enjoyed The West Wing. A favorite thread of mine concerned an affair between a staffer and a lobbyist that caused a lot of trouble. It took TWW most of a season to get to this point. Domes and Teapots is well into it after only one chapter! :2thumbs:

Edited by knotme
Jeez, after the plot twist early in Chapter 2 threw me, I'm no longer even thinking about Kyle's boss! :blink: Unfortunately, the biggest effect of Chapter 2 was to make me hungry for Chapter 3. :(

Hey KM,

There will be other twists...as Margo Channing said, "It's going to be a bumpy ride (or flight) tonight." :P

Jack B)

Seems like Dex has a decision to make soon about how he unwinds his lies to Kyle. I see four options:

1. He can blow his cover promptly and unilaterally. I think this is a terrible idea (fittingly a felony carrying serious jail time :angry: ), but I'm not the author, so we'll see. :read:
  2. He can cool the relationship for a few weeks until he can unwind his lies legally. He should be able to say something like "There are some things I cannot discuss that force me to conclude that we need to be more friends than lovers for a while. This has nothing to do with any other relationship; it's a business matter." With some skill, that might hold for a few weeks. But my guess is, FBI rules gag Dex for a year. Then this is no good. :(
  3. He find some lever to use on his boss (who's been set up unsympathetically) to force an exception to the gage rule. ;)
  4. He can string Kyle along until things fall apart, like they always do in the end. :thumbdown:

Doing nothing much amounts to choosing the last option. Let's see what he does. :unsure:

Edited by knotme
Seems like Dex has a decision to make soon about how he unwinds his lies to Kyle. I see four options:
  1. He can blow his cover promptly and unilaterally. I think this is a terrible idea (fittingly a felony carrying serious jail time :angry: ), but I'm not the author, so we'll see. :read:
  2. He can cool the relationship for a few weeks until he can unwind his lies legally. He should be able to say something like "There are some things I cannot discuss that force me to conclude that we need to be more friends than lovers for a while. This has nothing to do with any other relationship; it's a business matter." With some skill, that might hold for a few weeks. But my guess is, FBI rules gag Dex for a year. Then this is no good. :(
  3. He find some lever to use on his boss (who's been set up unsympathetically) to force an exception to the gage rule. ;)
  4. He can string Kyle along until things fall apart, like they always do in the end. :thumbdown:

Doing nothing much amounts to choosing the last option. Let's see what he does. :unsure:

If I was the author 0:) I'd look at the first part of #2 and then go to #5. :P

Great job on chapter 2, Jack! :2thumbs:

First off, I must say that it's really refreshing to read a story involving adult men rather than male adolescents. Some things are just easier when you have your own apartment. 0:):P

I really enjoy your humour. I agree. Why come out of the closet when you can just as easily come out of an armoire? :lol: It's so much more gay.....and international. I also loved Dex's thoughts on Bingo's romantic life. :lmao:

The plot is quite intriguing. Looking forward to the next chapter. :read: Thanks. :worship:

Conner :boy:

First off, I must say that it's really refreshing to read a story involving adult men rather than male adolescents. Some things are just easier when you have your own apartment. 0:):P

I really enjoy your humour. I agree. Why come out of the closet when you can just as easily come out of an armoire? :lol: It's so much more gay.....and international. I also loved Dex's thoughts on Bingo's romantic life. :lmao:

The plot is quite intriguing. Looking forward to the next chapter. :read: Thanks. :worship:

Hey Conner,

I appreciate your addition to the forum and nice comments. :worship:

My stories are almost exclusively about adults. The one story that veers into male adolescents, Professional Courtesy, uses the adolescents as support characters to the adults. I write these stories for (1) adults, and (2) for younger readers who are curious about the challenges of young adults who also happen to be gay.

I hope that you'll continue to like the story. You will certainly get to know the four main characters.

Jack B)

Aloha Connor! I agree with your sentiments. I also liked the "armoire" reference, and I enjoy visualizing various characters padding around in tassel loafers--exotic footwear by local standards.

km

As soon as I read this opening line from Chapter 3, I thought to myself, "Hmmmm....I wonder if this is Dex's idea of foreplay?" :P It really works if you use Stallone's voice from Rocky. :lmao:

But then the dialogue would read, "Yo, Kyle. You awake?" :P

There will be some twists but I'm basically a romantic. In my stories, the man gets the man. :2thumbs: I'd say "in the end" but that's too metaphorical at GA. 0:)

I appreciate your support.

Jack B)

When I want to come out to someone, a good move can be to give them a reason to bring the subject up first. My question for Chapter 4: Did Dex deliberately let a little extra info slip to get Kyle thinking? If so, it worked! Gutsy move, but definitely in character for Dex. :D

I plead guity to letting Dex give Kyle some info to create an open door for a deeper friendship. :P

Jack B)

So, a few comments on Chapter 4. First, I hope I'm not giving anything away to someone who read the subtitle of your announcement when I divulge that this chapter struck me mainly as a sexual interlude. ^_^:P And a hot one it is! :thumbup: (And you already know I'm a hard sell in this department. ;) ) I'm impressed with Phil's efficiency in the Cobalt bar. Get in, stay on message, do your business, get out. :pickaxe: Score! :2thumbs: If I could have been that effective, I'd have made more use of such places when I had the chance.

Kyle and Dex's conversation didn't go quite as I had expected. For one thing, Dex seemed surprised by the amount Kyle had been able to infer. Did Dex underestimate Kyle?

Looking forward to more. B)

km

Edit: Nice sig! (as of 10:37AM HAT Oct 3) :2thumbs:

Edited by knotme

Did Dex underestimate Kyle?

Looked that way to me.

Sharon

I look at the two guys and their beginning relationship as a give and take. Dex definitely didn't think that Kyle could put the pieces together. Respect was won the hard way.

Jack B)

Well, I guess you could say that I really wanted things to go well between Dex and Kyle. Very early in chapter 4, the story reads, "He motioned Kyle..." My brain read, "He mounted Kyle..." 0:) It only took a few secs for me to go back and straighten that out but I did spend the rest of the chapter chuckling to myself. :P:D I wonder if they ever ate the spagetti. :wacko:

It was great to see Phil get some. :2thumbs:

Another great chapter, Jack.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know DC real well, but I'm enjoying the details: the restaurants, the neighborhoods, the paintings, the clothes, and of course the sly references to current events. :D (Will anyone remember "Dubbya" in 20 years? The nickname, I mean.)

I'm glad to see relations between our four protagonists perking right along. :P TexOil has faded into the background with so much else going on, but given the name of our story, I expect we've not heard the last of it. ;)

Just how exclusive is "Alpha" anyway? It seems more select than the Pink Elephants. I wonder whether they'll have anything more to say about the "Republican congressman from Florida who tries to keep his sexuality secret".

It would be interesting to see AOI and FBI team up against Big Oil. Talks about strange bedfellows! :P

Just how exclusive is "Alpha" anyway? It seems more select than the Pink Elephants. I wonder whether they'll have anything more to say about the "Republican congressman from Florida who tries to keep his sexuality secret".

When I started this story in July, I had no idea how much fodder there would be to massage into a story.

The timeline in the story is April/May right now. Alpha makes the "Velvet Mafia" look like summer camp. (I was going to say "child's play"...but under the current political climate...)

I'm really enjoying writing this story. Unfortunately, the reader base keeps shrinking. I can only conclude that a story with current events and politics (However unbiased) just doesn't draw and maintain interest. :(

There will be a chapter posted every weekend. I just won't announce it...it's too embarrassing to see how few are reading this. FYI, I just finished Chapter 15 and going strong.

For the few of you who are following D/T, thanks for the support. :worship:

Jack B)

I'm really enjoying writing this story. Unfortunately, the reader base keeps shrinking. I can only conclude that a story with current events and politics (However unbiased) just doesn't draw and maintain interest. sad.gif

Jack -- Your stories are all great!!! I'm looking forward to reading Domes but I wait 'til stories are complete -- :wub:

• 1 month later...

Sorry I'm late to the party!

I only got around to starting "domes and teapots" last week, and I'm only up to chapter 5. I love politics, so this is right up my ally! My favorite scene so far was when Dex chewed out his supervisor, Bingo.

Oh, I REALLY loved the line about "a new recipe for stuffed salmon".

I'm staying away from the more recent threads until I catch up to them, for obvious reasons, but just wanted to weigh in here and say how much I love the story! :2thumbs: