[Shadowgod] Living in Surreality

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, CJ!

You know Matt's from Mars, Val's from Venus, and Jacob's from Jupiter! It's so obvious it's LOL funny! :lol:

Colin :boy:

Colin, I think you have it! Those first letters matching are just too much of a coincidence... And I think Steve's "spoiler" was misdirection!

So, I just found that "Jacob" is a hebrew name that means "Supplanter". Matthew means "Gift of God", and Valerie means "Strength".

Uhoh.... Supplanting the human race with godlike strength. I knew it!!! So what is their fiendish plan?

Ohhh Goat, or shall I say left wing Capra Fundi... you sullied Colinian...

FOR SHAME!

:P

I'm just trying to be helpful... 0:)

But what I really want to know is, what is Jacob's mom up to in Sacramento!?!?!?!? And, how will the affect Jacob, Matt, and Valerie?

Oh, and will we ever find out about the embarrassing story behind Mr. James, the teddy bear?

I do hope you have Josie in the story again, she is one of my faves!

Colin, I think you have it! Those first letters matching are just too much of a coincidence... And I think Steve's "spoiler" was misdirection!

So, I just found that "Jacob" is a hebrew name that means "Supplanter". Matthew means "Gift of God", and Valerie means "Strength".

Uhoh.... Supplanting the human race with godlike strength. I knew it!!! So what is their fiendish plan?

I'm just trying to be helpful... 0:)

But what I really want to know is, what is Jacob's mom up to in Sacramento!?!?!?!? And, how will the affect Jacob, Matt, and Valerie?

Oh, and will we ever find out about the embarrassing story behind Mr. James, the teddy bear?

I do hope you have Josie in the story again, she is one of my faves!

Will Josie return? Hell yeah! who elese can deliver the shocking photos of Jacob and Mr. James?

So yes those qustions and so many more... Including the intergalactic fate of Earth, will be answered... eventually

Will Josie return? Hell yeah! who elese can deliver the shocking photos of Jacob and Mr. James?

So yes those qustions and so many more... Including the intergalactic fate of Earth, will be answered... eventually

Mr James? Hmmmm... I'm very suspiciuous there...

That's great news on Josie!

BTW, I'll let loose here with a major spoiler! (sorry, Steve): The title of the next chapter begins with a "C".

:devil:

So no one found out the secret/ oddity of the Keats family yet? Dang, this author likes to keep us waiting and wondering. I'd guess he followed the Fiction Marketing Course at Caprine U.

Yes, I agree, what is this oddity of which he speaks?

I can only think of one really odd thing (exra-terrestrial matters aside) and that is they seem to all be Californians, and californians are definitely odd (understatement alert!).

I can only think of one really odd thing (exra-terrestrial matters aside) and that is they seem to all be Californians, and californians are definitely odd (understatement alert!).

beh...

you wish they could all be california boys...

ok that was just terrible...

In fact yeah Bondwriter figured it out their names do all start with J, what can I say its been a slow news day. You know the type stupid work meeting that took all day. only to leave a two hour commute in the end :blink:

Hrrmm... smack dab in the middle of the Special Anthology...

Happy Valetines day to all you out there in reader-land. I hope the day was good even if it is a Hallmark Holiday :lol:

So I made it sound like more was up with the Keats family then met the eye, sorry, it was a bad ploy to get you all to re-read all 15 chapters thus far.

Fear Not!

Chapter 16

Maybe something new will stick out in that one :P and yes CJ predicted correctly, this chapter did infact begin with a "C" someday He will share with us his mysterious ways. I personally believe its that tail that swishs back and fourth nervously when someone mentions spines... Do you think there is a humane way to remove it?

After you've read through chapter 16 and you find yourself at a loss of quality things to read...

I suggest Seraph by Camy, I first stumbled onto Seraph in mid December whilst I was at work and, you know, working 0:):PB) , Anyhow he had four chapters posted at the time. I read all four and got nothing done. Seraph is addicting, from its manageree of characters down to the techono-thriller that drives the story forward. I warn you though you will be confused, but the confusion aide's you as you wait for each chapter wondering if your and the Characters questions will be answered...

till next week...

Steve

So I made it sound like more was up with the Keats family then met the eye, sorry, it was a bad ploy to get you all to re-read all 15 chapters thus far.

Sneaky, sneaky!!! (and it worked, too!) :lol:

Maybe something new will stick out in that one :P

Lost of new things! Althouh for sticking out, I think Jacob's handling caused Matt to fit that description the best while in the diner.

and yes CJ predicted correctly, this chapter did infact begin with a "C" someday He will share with us his mysterious ways. I personally believe its that tail that swishs back and fourth nervously when someone mentions spines... Do you think there is a humane way to remove it?

ACK!!!! First I get threatened with echidna spines, then being BBQ'd, and now tail amputation!!! And all because I made an accurate prediction! I'll even go double or nothing and say that the next chapter will begin with a "C" too!

I loved this chapter... Jacob is, as usual, priceless, and the shop scenes are perfect! (I'm being vague here to avoid spoilers)

I will give one away though: Jacob, Male Stripper. I do hope this a recurring theme? :devil:

Go read this chapter!

Excellent, Steve!!!!!!!! :2thumbs::2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Oh, and BTW, LiS is just a few comments away from being the #1 most reviewed story in EFiction. If you really want to make Steve's day, leave him a comment there (the little white box at the bottom of the chapter) as well as here. :2thumbs:

Do I hear Episode 17? :P

Aww, trying to foil my prediction, eh? :P

You could always start naming your chapters. Start with Chapter 13, "The Deli". :devil:

Hmm, that whole scene with Jacob being a little careless while driving the Mustang scared me. One little scratch and it would have been fatal. (Val would have killed him on the spot!).

Hmm, that whole scene with Jacob being a little careless while driving the Mustang scared me. One little scratch and it would have been fatal. (Val would have killed him on the spot!).

I wonder if all this motorbike/ car interest is foreshadowing for further drama. I hope not. I don't have the means to kidnap all the eFiction writers to get them to rewrite their stories (and California is way further than the UK).

I wonder if all this motorbike/ car interest is foreshadowing for further drama. I hope not. I don't have the means to kidnap all the eFiction writers to get them to rewrite their stories (and California is way further than the UK).

There is a theme of mechanical issues running through LiS, and I fear for the safety of the Mustang.

OK, it is time to blow the lid of this issue once and for all. I share below a direct cut-and-paste from the beta of LiS 13, that occured during the 3-way. For reasons unknown (I suspect a sneaky author) it did not appear in the final posted version, but it was indeed in the beta!! (and I will mention again the spaceship dream seqence that DID make it into the posted version of Ch 15).

Now, without further ado, here is the scene from LiS 13:

OK, it is time to blow the lid of this issue once and for all. I share below a direct cut-and-paste from the beta of LiS 13, that occured during the 3-way. For reasons unknown (I suspect a sneaky author) it did not appear in the final posted version, but it was indeed in the beta!! (and I will mention again the spaceship dream seqence that DID make it into the posted version of Ch 15).

Now, without further ado, here is the scene from LiS 13:

"We appeared over here before we dissapreared from the bed. I thought I told you to stop renting flying sucers from cosmic Sam's rent-a-wreck?

That last line was a statement and not a question... that one, minor, gramatical flaw cuased the passage in its entirty to be ruthlessly eschewed from the text. in hinsight if it were worded "Didn't i tell you to stop renting from that cosmic cheevo, Sam?" it may have just been kept.

Then, was the cheevo really Sam? Or a nafarious attempt by caprian factions unknown to weasel themselves into the naritive?

Does anyone else find it strange that everytime Cj points out a conspiracy it twists around and leads to those devious Caprians??

**note, Cheevo is not taken out of context. LiS is set in Southern California and the regional dialect tends to spin towards the spanglish at odd moments. For those of you out of the loop where spanglish is concerned cheevo has but one meaning, GOAT**

Man, was I reading a Thomas Pynchon novel without even being aware of it? The whole conspiracy aims at confusing readers, doens't it? Factions, foreign languages, flying saucers... I'm WAAYYY lost now. I'll go back to reading the story (and decipher it with a new numerology grid).

Man, was I reading a Thomas Pynchon novel without even being aware of it? The whole conspiracy aims at confusing readers, doens't it? Factions, foreign languages, flying saucers... I'm WAAYYY lost now. I'll go back to reading the story (and decipher it with a new numerology grid).

That last line was a statement and not a question... that one, minor, gramatical flaw cuased the passage in its entirty to be ruthlessly eschewed from the text. in hinsight if it were worded "Didn't i tell you to stop renting from that cosmic cheevo, Sam?" it may have just been kept.

Then, was the cheevo really Sam? Or a nafarious attempt by caprian factions unknown to weasel themselves into the naritive?

Does anyone else find it strange that everytime Cj points out a conspiracy it twists around and leads to those devious Caprians??

**note, Cheevo is not taken out of context. LiS is set in Southern California and the regional dialect tends to spin towards the spanglish at odd moments. For those of you out of the loop where spanglish is concerned cheevo has but one meaning, GOAT**

Hey! I don't see why y'all keep blaming me . Anf Cheevo means "goat", eh? Hmmm... "Cabra" is "Goat" in spanish, but any slang terms are way beyond me.

I do notice that there is a lot of "California" is this story, which makes the Alien stuff far from the most bizzare aspects. I note this line from Ch 16: ""Large pepperoni and pineapple,"

If that isn't bizzare, what is???

Beware of the author's devious tricks. He's even been known to use cliffhangers on occasion. :o

Ohhh, the meaning of life!

BTW, my favorite line from the book is "Floating in the upper atmosphere, just like bricks don't".

However, y'all might notice that Steve does not deny that my quoted text was in the Beta, for, indeed, it was. :sheep:

Hey! I don't see why y'all keep blaming me . Anf Cheevo means "goat", eh? Hmmm... "Cabra" is "Goat" in spanish, but any slang terms are way beyond me.

I do notice that there is a lot of "California" is this story, which makes the Alien stuff far from the most bizzare aspects. I note this line from Ch 16: ""Large pepperoni and pineapple,"

If that isn't bizzare, what is???

Beware of the author's devious tricks. He's even been known to use cliffhangers on occasion. :o

Ohhh, the meaning of life!

BTW, my favorite line from the book is "Floating in the upper atmosphere, just like bricks don't".

However, y'all might notice that Steve does not deny that my quoted text was in the Beta, for, indeed, it was. :sheep:

*shurgs* dunno, Never read the book myself, I'm just chalk full of obscure referances

cult scifi referances aside...

I got an interesting bit of critisim over the weekend, and I was wondering where you guys stand on the subject.

I had a friend read all of the availible chapters (dont worry there is only one more past what is posted) And she relayed to me that, for lack of a better analogy, that Valerie was the gimpy fin. Or that she was more a prop to the story-line than acctually serving the story line itself.

I dunno how to feel about this. In a way I can see where she is coming from. But I also think Valerie is a damn good character in her own right and not just mearly a 'prop'.

any thoughts?

Steve

*shurgs* dunno, Never read the book myself, I'm just chalk full of obscure referances

cult scifi referances aside...

I got an interesting bit of critisim over the weekend, and I was wondering where you guys stand on the subject.

I had a friend read all of the availible chapters (dont worry there is only one more past what is posted) And she relayed to me that, for lack of a better analogy, that Valerie was the gimpy fin. Or that she was more a prop to the story-line than acctually serving the story line itself.

I dunno how to feel about this. In a way I can see where she is coming from. But I also think Valerie is a damn good character in her own right and not just mearly a 'prop'.

any thoughts?

Steve

In a word: Hogwash!

I like Val's character, a LOT. She's fast displacing Jacob as my favorite! She's no more a "prop" than Matt and Jacob are. In fact, in many way's she's much more important to the plot than either one of them. She is also a big part of what makes LiS stand out, and I vehemently disagree with your friend.

If your friend identified with Val, maybe she felt bad about her being left off. But she's not a prop. She's a full-fledged character, essential to the plot, and what makes the story interesting. She's not just a sidekick or a matchmaker. One can have strong feelings as to the way the boys treat her, which can be seen as bad, but that doesn't make her an accessory in the story.

If your friend identified with Val, maybe she felt bad about her being left off. But she's not a prop. She's a full-fledged character, essential to the plot, and what makes the story interesting. She's not just a sidekick or a matchmaker. One can have strong feelings as to the way the boys treat her, which can be seen as bad, but that doesn't make her an accessory in the story.

I think she was Identifying with Val as well... dare I say it

Vagina empathy

:P

Chapter 17 is online now...

...I got an interesting bit of critisim over the weekend, and I was wondering where you guys stand on the subject.

any thoughts?

Steve

Bullbleep! Don't listen to her! LiS is a story with 3 (count 'em, THREE!) primary characters.

• Site Administrator

Once again Steve, you allow me to go to bed tongiht with a warm fuzzy feeling :mace: inside. Great chapter, can't wait to see what happens next.

Steve

Nice chapter, great prom. Jay is going to be pissed all his life about the damn liberals who spoiled his prom. Unless he's so mean and stupid he chooses to retaliate.

It seems the story has reached some kind of milestone, with characters about to undergo new things for their lives. Agree with Steve above, it does give a warm, fuzzy feeling.

Bullbleep! Don't listen to her! LiS is a story with 3 (count 'em, THREE!) primary characters.

I couldn't agree more. This story would in my opinion be far less without Val as a primary character.

Once again Steve, you allow me to go to bed tongiht with a warm fuzzy feeling :mace: inside. Great chapter, can't wait to see what happens next.

Steve

Same here; and that Prom scene was superb, and made even better by the totally unexpected situation with Adam!

Nice chapter, great prom. Jay is going to be pissed all his life about the damn liberals who spoiled his prom. Unless he's so mean and stupid he chooses to retaliate.

It seems the story has reached some kind of milestone, with characters about to undergo new things for their lives. Agree with Steve above, it does give a warm, fuzzy feeling.

I'm wondering what Jay will do, too. He certainly does seem to have the 'stupid and mean' part down to a T, so, I expect trouble from that quarter. I'm wondering though if Adam might bear the brunt of it?

BTW, this is the 200th post in this thread. Congratulations, shdowgod!! :2thumbs:

Edited by C James