[Shadowgod] Living in Surreality

Chapter 9 is veeeery good :)

Though Richard is someway stereotyped: he acts as we could think a monodimensional perv parents would, no deep in him; well, he's just a perv after all.

Great story, as always with you :-)

Bleh, Too true, there is no surprise in Richard. Though having him welcome Matt and Jacob with open arms would be way out of left field.

all hail king steve :worship: great chapter!

i feel sorry for Jacob, all that hard work on getting matt to uhm.. climax just went down the drain. :thumbdown:

on a more serious note, someone please smack the hell out of richard.

and of course, :2thumbs: for Viola.

thanks for the great chapter ;)

Bout time someone recognized my greatness... :king: ... :P Just kidding... I'm glad you enjoyed tracy!

But pulling the rug out from under the readers is part of the Job! 0:)

Good point mEis:

My thoughts on Richard are that sometimes, people just aren't deep. All too often in fiction a villain is explained as having had all sorts of things make him or her into what they are. But, in real life, I find that sometimes, people just are, whatever they are, be it nice, or (like Richard) scum. Anyway, tha'ts my half-baked analysis. :D

Poor Jacob! He has such a knack for getting caught in the act!

That interruption was downright eeevil! Poor Matt and Jacob!!

I wonder just how much hot water they are in now?

:blink: is that sulfur i smell??

I never read a bisexual story before. I hope matt & Jacob make it though.

Maybe I skipped several descriptions. But is Matty supposed to be popular? Or a nerd? Or somewhere in between? he seems a bit timid, so I'm not sure. And I don't remember how his other friends are.

hrmmm... I'd honestly say neither. For the most part he has Valerie and their circle of friends, doesn't see much else beyond that.

As for the first Bisexual story part, well yeah There is an undercurrent of that. Hopefully it wont dissuede you from reading further zapthestarz. i know its a 'grey' area with alot of readers, and probably a few will have stopped reading upon its introduction. i cant say much more else about it though without revieling trade secrets :)

on a side note, I just returned from a whirlwwind weekend in Florida, it was nice... lot of walking... very little writing :( combine that with the fact that I have quickly run of of chapters pre-written due to the wonderful insanity brought on by the holidays and we have what amounts to a slow down in posting :thumbdown: . I know it sucks, truely 10 has been finished and sent of to Viv for editing, so that should be posted tomorrow on schedule. 11 is mostly completed, pending a few timeline adjustments... and I have rough drafts all the way through chapter 15. After that i'm thinking a possible 10 additional chapters to cover the story with one final summation chapter.

Add to the mix a anthology submission that just won't cooperate, no matter how hard I beat it and order it to call me master... :devil: , I just need to break its will a little more. So i'm thinking after posting 10 this week it will be probably two weeks before you guys see 11...

Sorry :(

Steve

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:blink: is that sulfur i smell??

Yep, but you should be used to it, as evil as you are... :P

on a side note, I just returned from a whirlwwind weekend in Florida, it was nice... lot of walking... very little writing :( combine that with the fact that I have quickly run of of chapters pre-written due to the wonderful insanity brought on by the holidays and we have what amounts to a slow down in posting :thumbdown: . I know it sucks, truely 10 has been finished and sent of to Viv for editing, so that should be posted tomorrow on schedule. 11 is mostly completed, pending a few timeline adjustments... and I have rough drafts all the way through chapter 15. After that i'm thinking a possible 10 additional chapters to cover the story with one final summation chapter.

Add to the mix a anthology submission that just won't cooperate, no matter how hard I beat it and order it to call me master... :devil: , I just need to break its will a little more. So i'm thinking after posting 10 this week it will be probably two weeks before you guys see 11...

ACK!

It is hard enough waiting a week!

Seriously though, sorry there will be a small delay, but the good things in life (like living in surreality) are well worth the wait!

I just hope you don't leave us with one of your patented EEEVIL cliffhangers! :P

BTW, anyone have any guesses on how much hot water Jacob and Matt are in? Will they still be able to see each other?

And poor Jacob! He got caught again! And poor Matt, what a way to end your first BJ! That was just plain EEEVIL! :devil:

Steve

:o no new chapter for two weeks? maaaaan. well, it better be good then ;) though, knowing you, im sure it will. and as for the bisexual undercurrent, it makes the story that much more interesting. just make sure that its actually Matt and Jacob in the end, and not Val and Jacob ^_^

Yep, but you should be used to it, as evil as you are... :P

ACK!

It is hard enough waiting a week!

Seriously though, sorry there will be a small delay, but the good things in life (like living in surreality) are well worth the wait!

I just hope you don't leave us with one of your patented EEEVIL cliffhangers! :P

BTW, anyone have any guesses on how much hot water Jacob and Matt are in? Will they still be able to see each other?

And poor Jacob! He got caught again! And poor Matt, what a way to end your first BJ! That was just plain EEEVIL! :devil:

I dont think they're in that much hot water. i mean, from what i've read, both Joanne and Viola are great parents, and as far as i can tell, only Richard has a problem with homosexuality. I do think that Viola will need time to adjust to this new revelation about her son, but eh, just my opinion as always ;) though im sure steve would come up with something we would never expect. he's that talente... i mean, evil. :P

good luck with your anthology though! :)

I'm not evil! only quasi evil :devil:

Chapter 10 is up in efiction or can be found by following the link below....

Chapter 10

Enjoy and leave a review!!!

Steve

psst... dont forget to tell all your friends....

Nope, you are Evil! Very Evil! You let Matt and JAcob be interrupted in the middle of having sex, now that is evil!!

I love Ch 10!!

Sponge Bob? Ok, Jacob is a little strange! LoL! But in a sweet way!

That scene where they were stressing out when they heard the yelling was an absolute classic!

I loved Joanna's recount of Jacob's "coming out".

This was hilarious!!! I loved it!! It was also poigniant in places, and you mix the two very well.

Oh, and that line about Jacob's timing, that is my favorite! LoL!

Of course, the big fly in the oinment was glossed over in this chapter, but I expect it will come roaring back in Ch 11: Jacob has feelings for Val, and he hasn't really fessed up to Matt about it yet, but Val knows! I suspect BIG trouble when Matt finds that out!

I'm not evil! only quasi evil :devil:

Chapter 10 is up in efiction or can be found by following the link below....

Chapter 10

Enjoy and leave a review!!!

Steve

psst... dont forget to tell all your friends....

like i said, its a really cute chapter, steve! i loved the interaction between the 4 of them, and im glad both moms took the news well :)

"Oh, and stay safe, and if you ever," Viola stressed, "ever... need anything that you're too embarrassed to buy, just let me know..."
haha. i loved that part :lol: made me feel embarassed for Matt and Jacob. oh, and before i forget, you just had to let the boys get interrupted again? now that is evil :P

Nope, you are Evil! Very Evil! You let Matt and JAcob be interrupted in the middle of having sex, now that is evil!!

I love Ch 10!!

Sponge Bob? Ok, Jacob is a little strange! LoL! But in a sweet way!

atleast he didnt say oprah ;) . but yeah, i think Jacob needs to update his list of favorite television programs. i mean, there are tons of other shows that are better than a talking sponge :P

great job steve! :wub: i've already started the two-week countdown, so write write write! :)

"Sponge Bob?" Matt asked, sucking his tongue back into his mouth as his eyes widened. "It's never going to work for us..." Matt continued shaking his head with regret.

"What?" Jacob asked, feeling more relieved then burdened by Matt's apparent dislike of Sponge Bob.

Just to dissuade this nasty rumor before it gets going... please reference the second sentence above :P

Just to dissuade this nasty rumor before it gets going... please reference the second sentence above :P

Hmmmm, well, that's assuming that Jocob's emotions were reliable at that moment. He may very well, come the light of day, decide that he can't give up his Sponge Bob fetish after all. 0:)

I am only to chapter 5 so far, so I did not read any of the above so the next 5 chapters are not spoiled.

I have a few comments on this story.

First of all, this is becoming one of my favorite stories.

Also, you know that you are reading a great, quality story when you can relate so well with a character. In this story I relate to Matt, in quite a few ways.

This story is like one of my dreams, and it portrays it brilliantly.

Steve, you are an amazing author with some great talent.

Thank you, very much. :hug::hug::hug:

Kurt

(This post now makes me the tenth top poster. Cool!)

I am only to chapter 5 so far, so I did not read any of the above so the next 5 chapters are not spoiled.

I have a few comments on this story.

First of all, this is becoming one of my favorite stories.

Also, you know that you are reading a great, quality story when you can relate so well with a character. In this story I relate to Matt, in quite a few ways.

This story is like one of my dreams, and it portrays it brilliantly.

Steve, you are an amazing author with some great talent.

Thank you, very much. :hug::hug::hug:

Keep reading, Kurt, the story only gets better and better as it progresses. Steve (shdowgod) has long been one of my favorite authors, ever since I discovered his wonderful "shot of Bourbon" several years ago (yep, Steve is a true old fossil in in net writing! :P )

Seriosly though, he's damn good, and I've always loved his work.

(This post now makes me the tenth top poster. Cool!)

POSTAHOLIC ALERT!!!!! :P

Now, now, I didnt just say Fossil... I put a nice modifier right in front of it. :whistle:

Why of all the flea infested .... :P

anyhow back to the topic!

I should have posted 11 yesterday, The union of computer gremlins Microsoft employ's Decided to dispute their standing contract with the Software giant by taking out my working copy and making all those background a quick saves and auto recover files useless... I Have to start again, and sincerly appologize :angry::(

Steve

I should have posted 11 yesterday, The union of computer gremlins Microsoft employ's Decided to dispute their standing contract with the Software giant by taking out my working copy and making all those background a quick saves and auto recover files useless... I Have to start again, and sincerly appologize :angry::(

That really, really stinks! I HATE haveing to re-do something once I've done it, so I really feel your pain. Damn!!!

I was really looking forward to LiS 11, especially as there are some major issues coming to a head.

Thank you for LiS so far, and we will try and wait paitently for 11...

In the meantime, anyone have any ideas on how Matt will react when he finds out that Jacob has feelings for Valerie? Uhoh, train wreck ahead...

Why of all the flea infested .... :P

anyhow back to the topic!

Steve

Bummer!

The two most important rules when writing using the computer:

Rule #1: Backup, Backup, Backup, Backup!

Rule #2: See rule #1.

I don't backup like I should either. Now I will copy my story folder to my USB HD as soon as I complete this post!

Colin :boy:

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone want to join me in some speculating?

We still have a proverbial sword of Damoclease hanging over the plot: Jacob's admitted feelings for Valerie.

Valerie can lure Jacob away from Matt. She has the ultimate bait: That 69 Mustang. She already let him drive it once, and that was AFTER he admitted his feelings for her.

I predict trouble!

Bummer!

The two most important rules when writing using the computer:

Rule #1: Backup, Backup, Backup, Backup!

Rule #2: See rule #1.

I don't backup like I should either. Now I will copy my story folder to my USB HD as soon as I complete this post!

Colin :boy:

I see these rules, but they appear gibbererish through IE 7.0, its a microsoft conspiracy :P

In all acctuality its my own fault Im guessing, I often leave documents open for days as I work on them and rely on some of the tools microsoft has incorperated into word, IE background Save's Auto recover. Sadly they dont work as well as they should, and I really need to get into the habit of hitting that little floppy icon to save my work.

we'll see...

As for my folders, lets just say they are backed up regularly on multiple hard drives and other solid state memory (Ipods are great sometimes, ok alot of the time)

Anyone want to join me in some speculating?

We still have a proverbial sword of Damoclease hanging over the plot: Jacob's admitted feelings for Valerie.

Valerie can lure Jacob away from Matt. She has the ultimate bait: That 69 Mustang. She already let him drive it once, and that was AFTER he admitted his feelings for her.

I predict trouble!

So the horrific death of one 69 mustang would be unnacceptable??

I won't I swear! its to pretty a car to do that to!

On other news... CHapter 11 has been finished, off to the beta and editorial teams, depending on turn around it should be posted by next thursday, if not sooner :P

Steve

So the horrific death of one 69 mustang would be unnacceptable??

I won't I swear! its to pretty a car to do that to!

On other news... CHapter 11 has been finished, off to the beta and editorial teams, depending on turn around it should be posted by next thursday, if not sooner :P

BTW, I think it's a 67 'stang. I was wrong on the year (my bad memory).

Don't you dare kill the 'stang! You are evil, but are you THAT evil?!?!?

BTW, YIPPEE about Ch 11!!! This is good news! :2thumbs:

Ok so its been forever, :thumbdown: I sincerly apollogize for my lack of posting for over a month. So to make up for it and tide you guys over for 2 days Im gonna post a sneak peak of chapter 11 right here for you all to enjoy and hopefully get ya'll back in the mood for Surreality.

Living in Surreality

Chapter 11 (preview)

shdowgod

-----------------------

"I just can't believe it," Valerie commented, setting her empty fountain cup down on the worn laminate table.

She had just encouraged Jacob and Matt through an umpteenth re-telling of the events last Sunday. It was in this exact booth, in the back corner of 'Christie's' last Sunday, that the pair had first recounted what happened, much to their embarrassment.

Matt had gone inside and had spoken to Valerie when she called, more like listened for the first fifteen minutes as Valerie read him the riot act for running out on her like he had, and scaring her in the process. Not to mention the way the whole thing played out in front of that waitress, a point Valerie took great pains to repeatedly mention and stress.

At some point during Valerie's mind numbing tirade, Matt successfully interrupted, and mentioned the three of them meeting for lunch the following day, an idea which Valerie was quick to shoot down, saying they would be having dinner that same night. Matt tried to fight that notion, knowing that it was a fool's quest, only to ruefully agree to gather Jacob and meet her at Christie's. Why she had to choose the burger joint he worked at was the least of his worries now. He had already dodged a few of her questions on the phone, and he was sure he wouldn't be as successful when face to face with her in person.

Matt and Jacob both readily agreed with Valerie's statement as they picked through a pile of unwanted fries.

The last week had been somewhat surreal. The day itself was a rollercoaster of emotions ranging from anger to joy, highlighted by fear and, at times, embarrassment. The days that followed were highly uneventful in comparison. Matt had half expected his mother to run to the nearest 'friendly' pharmacist and refill her wasted prescription. She however surprised him by stepping out to the local bookstore instead, only to return lamenting the absence of anything outwardly noteworthy on adolescent homosexuality. Matt didn't want to wander anywhere near that conversation, so he let her comment slip away with out a response.

Matt hadn't seen his father since the man raised a hand, ready to hit him. Looking back, Matt knew he would have taken the punishment for, what in the eyes of his father, would have been blasphemy, and that he would have responded in kind. That realization was probably the most shocking to Matt, knowing that he would have hit his father if it had come to that, but it never did. Even their mothers rush to go out and soundly castrate the man who had trespassed on their families died with cooling emotions last Sunday.

Richard was no fool when it came to what had happened that afternoon, and what almost happened as a result, choosing instead to send a group of his campaign staffers to pick up his affects on Monday. Matt really couldn't blame the man for the Houdini act, after all, gay bashing your son's 'boyfriend' on the eve of a big senate run just wouldn't look good.

School, much to Matt's chagrin, settled into something more akin to normal than the battle he had readied himself to face that Monday. Any truths to the rumors were forgotten, lost with the story of someone getting plastered at a party over the weekend and making out with the wrong girl, or something else just as unimportant. Jay was still Jay on the other hand, reveling in the victory that he had pegged Matt right. That didn't bode so well for Valerie as his pursuit hadn't ceased, if anything, it had only increased as he found Matt less of a threat.

"You can't believe it?" Matt half joked. "You didn't get caught with your pants down by your dad." The slight smile that played on Matt's lips slowly faded as the memory raced unbound through his mind.

Jacob, sitting back against the padded vinyl booth, witnessed something he had probably seen countless times in the last few months, just hadn't ever really given any thought to. It was as if Valerie had a keen sense of when Matt's personality was about to go through a crisis, and she acted to head it off.

"Well look at the bright side Matty," Valerie chimed in, her voice laden with a saccharine which only matched the all too bubbly appearance her cheeks had donned. "At least you didn't get caught by your football coach," she continued, patting his arm.

Matt's head perked as she finished. "What?" he questioned as the beginnings of a smile frolicked at the corners of his mouth, his attention turning to Jacob.

Jacob could only roll his eyes and groan, regretting the day he ever told Valerie about that.

"Yup, our boy Jacob here got caught in the locker room, on his knees no less," she laughed.

"Thanks for that Val," Jacob answered, mocking her smile, as he nodded his head in her direction.

"C'mon babe, relax. Take one for the team," she smiled, patting Jacob's forearm, comforting him this time. The whole exchange left Matt, head down on the table top, shoulders quaking as he fought to contain the laughter escaping him in gasps.

Matt's laughter was infectious, and soon, Val was laughing easily with him. Jacob even had to admit that Valerie's comeback was funny. Once the laughter had subsided, Valerie got a serious look on her face.

"So what happened at this gathering?" she questioned.

"What gathering?" Jacob asked, knowing full well what she was talking about.

"Nope... You guys keep walking away from that question, now you're going to answer it," she spoke, raising her head and pushing out her chest in triumph.

"You really want to know huh?" Matt asked, wiping the moisture from his eyes.

Valerie delivered Matt a stern look.

"It was 'the talk' times two," Matt began. "Ya' know the one, birds and bees, although, Mom got a little stumped when it came to the trees and trees part. I don't think she was prepared for that little tid-bit," Matt answered, making a sideways face as he finished.

"You should have seen it Valerie, they way she looked at her two pointer fingers all stiff. She just got all quiet," Jacob smiled holding his pointer fingers up as if he were measuring a slight distance in front of him, demonstrating the point where things went from awkward to worse.

Jacob and Valerie giggled with the mental picture of Viola Porter staring hopelessly at two erect pointer fingers. Matt just looked like he was going to be sick.

"S'all right bro," Jacob said giving Matt a playful punch in the arm. "She'll be pointing cute guys out to you in no time."

"Oh Christ," Matt exclaimed, looking exasperated on top of nauseous as he slumped back into the vinyl clad booth rolling his eyes.

-------------------

Thats it for now keep your eyes peeled to efiction this Thursday for the whole chapter!

Steve

BUAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG, that bit where Valerie comments about JAcob getting caught is just SO hilarious. Perfect!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to see where this is going. I'll also remind everyone that what his Shadowyness posted isn't the full chapter.

So, all I can say is MORE PLEASE!!! :2thumbs:

BUAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG, that bit where Valerie comments about Jacob getting caught is just SO hilarious. Perfect!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to see where this is going. I'll also remind everyone that what his Shadowyness posted isn't the full chapter.

So, all I can say is MORE PLEASE!!! :2thumbs:

Well...

Only because you said, er, shouted please....

Chapter 11

:P enjoy, finally...

Steve

Well...

Only because you said, er, shouted please....

Chapter 11

:P enjoy, finally...

Steve

Glad I shoted! I was about to resurt to whining... :P

That was an awsome chapter!

SPOILERS BELOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF you haven't read Ch 11, STOP and GO READ!

\\\\\\\\

Wow, that kiss was a shocker!!!!!!! Whoa! I think that is big trouble in the works!

But Matt and Jacob make such a great couple! That scenes with Jacob trying to get Matt to go up to his room was wonderful. The phone call afterwards was hilarious!

Brendan is a complex character. I have a hunch we will be seeing more of him.

This is great, Steve, and one heck of a roller-coaster ride. I was expecting Matt to catch Jacob in the act.

:2thumbs::2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

3fer... LOL thats classic. Though there is that old addage that three is a crowd.

All very interesting questions and all I can say for sure is that the next chapter will feature Matt Jacob and of course Valerie. :P

I really should have named my chapters like CJ did, that way I could dribble out chapter names. What does everyone think about Jacob's Ladder?

Steve

Colin, that was one heck of a good review!!!!! You are really good at that! :2thumbs:

3fer... LOL thats classic. Though there is that old addage that three is a crowd.

All very interesting questions and all I can say for sure is that the next chapter will feature Matt Jacob and of course Valerie. :P

I really should have named my chapters like CJ did, that way I could dribble out chapter names. What does everyone think about Jacob's Ladder?

Steve

Jacob's ladder... Hmmmm... That's mysterious! Angels ascending to heaven... OMG, you are going to kill someone in the next chapter?!?!

:o

Or is Jacob getting a job in roof repair, and thus needs to find a ladder?

BTW, I really love Valerie: so strong-willed! :2thumbs:

CONGRATULATIONS SHDOWGOD, for reaching the century mark!

This is the 100th post in this thread!! :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Edited by C James