quack if you're gay

Formosa

While I was doing my homework two or three weeks ago, there was a program on TV, probably on Logo or PBS or Animal Planet, I don't remember, about animals that exhibit homosexuality. Like the Bonobos, for sure, and Chimps, and other mammals, but lots of birds too, including some kind of duck, and swans.

I thought it was very funny. I should have checked what channel it was on, but I was being distracted by homework. :P

Colin :boy:

Came across this strange scientific reserach into "homosexual necrophilia in the mallard"...

Leave it to the Dutch to research the strange and weird. :P

So the 2nd duck was trying to rape the first duck, the first duck, in a frenzy to escape, accidently killed himself, and the 2nd duck took advantage of the situation? :blink: WOW

My only question is...was the 2nd duck charged with anything? I definitely think that duck should be arrested! I think perhaps he should even get the death penality...then he'd be a fried duck :boy:

quack

:lmao:

I thought it was very funny. I should have checked what channel it was on, but I was being distracted by homework. :P

haha, Colin :) I love how you concluded that it was the homework that was being distracting! :D

Have an awesome day everyone! :)

Kevin

So the 2nd duck was trying to rape the first duck, the first duck, in a frenzy to escape, accidently killed himself, and the 2nd duck took advantage of the situation? :blink: WOW

My only question is...was the 2nd duck charged with anything? I definitely think that duck should be arrested! I think perhaps he should even get the death penality...then he'd be a fried duck :boy:

:lmao:

But Kevin, you can't arrest a Duck. He would fly the coop! :D

QUACK!

That must have been one HORNY duck!

I suppose without opposible thumbs, it would be 'difficult', to 'self correct'.

I suppose it proves the point... homosexuality is part of all nature, and that even in the animal kingdom, they have their share of 'NUTS".

And on a similar note sometime ago a Dutch zoo organised tours to see homosexual stork couples 'breeding'. So wanted to see that... :blink:

Hmm, obviously I support gay rights, but in the case of storks I must say I'm a bit concerned by these developments. What if the couple wants children? Clearly they can't reproduce on their own and as such they may be tempted to steal one of those babies they're supposed to delivering! :o

I just don't know if we can allow gay stork couples :boy:

-Kevin

(who IS kidding 0:) )

Hmm, obviously I support gay rights, but in the case of storks I must say I'm a bit concerned by these developments. What if the couple wants children? Clearly they can't reproduce on their own and as such they may be tempted to steal one of those babies they're supposed to delivering! :o

I just don't know if we can allow gay stork couples :boy:

-Kevin

(who IS kidding 0:) )

That's just what happened (in Dutch)! 0:)

Apparently at this zoo there are two gay couples and one lesbian couple. Obviously the gay couples can't breed, but what the zoo suspects happened was that the two chased the (biological) mother away from the nest, and 'adopted' the egg as their own. They suspect one of the lesbian storks was impregnated by a male. All three couples successfully bred healthy chicks.

Interesting thing to note is that the zoo has 16 storks (9 male, 7 female). Three homo-couples (6 storks) suggests that 37.5 % of the storks there are homosexual....a very high proportion! :D Fascinating stuff.

I wonder what the other storks make of all this...

Interesting.

Kevin should gay ducks not allowed to adopt kids :P

We all know that cross-racial adoptions are legal and appropriate. Cross-species adoptions are questionable. I mean, gimme a break, how's a duck going to help a kid grow up to be a successful goat? :D

• Site Administrator
We all know that cross-racial adoptions are legal and appropriate. Cross-species adoptions are questionable. I mean, gimme a break, how's a duck going to help a kid grow up to be a successful goat? :D

I'm sorry, but you're pandering to outmoded stereotypes. Just like a pair of gay guys can help their adopted daughter with female issues by getting help from mothers, sisters, aunts, etc., a duck is quite capable of asking for assistance from their goat friends to help deal with those goat-specific issues. However, since a major part of raising kids is simply providing a loving, caring environment, I see no reason why ducks can't adopt kids.

Just my opinion, of course. :P

Well look at this forum.. lol. A bit amusing.

Side note, baby goats or, kids are extremely cute.

And someone said that they watched a show about Homosexual tendencies in animals and wanted to know what channel that was on. It was on Logo for sure, I watched it once at like 6 in the morning.

Krista

I'm sorry, but you're pandering to outmoded stereotypes. Just like a pair of gay guys can help their adopted daughter with female issues by getting help from mothers, sisters, aunts, etc., a duck is quite capable of asking for assistance from their goat friends to help deal with those goat-specific issues. However, since a major part of raising kids is simply providing a loving, caring environment, I see no reason why ducks can't adopt kids.

Just my opinion, of course. :P

Oh, that is sooo wrong! I mean, what would Jerry Falwell and Pat Buchanan say if they found out about mixed-species adoptions? Oh, woe would be us!! :lol::lol::lol:

It would help if the adopted was a kidd rather than a kid. Otherwise, becoming a successful goat might be very challenging indeed. 0:):P

Side note, baby goats or, kids are extremely cute.

People always said I was a cute kidd. :P

I have no problem with cross-species adoptions. :D