Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

For The Love

Ah yes, you are...you must be a really bad parent then. :D Tsktsktsk maybe I should call the social services now since goats can't be legally parents of a human child.

Please showe me a cite in the law where it prohibints Goats from being parents to human children? :P

Certainly he might have good reasons for what he did. In fact, I believe he definitely had good reasons for what he did. The question is if those reasons were good for Eric, or for the greater good. I'm confident they were good for Eric (a few thousand dollars extra in his bank account -- that has to count as good). I have sincere doubts that he had Steve and Chris's goodwill at heart. Any good that befell them as a result of his actions is likely to have been completely accidental.

PS: I have also yet to see any concrete evidence to suggest that Eric is human....

But perhaps Eric, out of the goodness and generosity of his heart, sinply wanted to spare Chris and Steve the headaches involved with money managment (be removing the money)?

Damn you...just when I was about to make the call...

But it's sad, CJ has an imaginary son. :)

Humph :P ... Only in the sense that all authors feel paternal towards their characters... (How do you feel about Steph or Ben, Jack?)

Actually, CJ has an imaginary universe. I guess he
  • Site Administrator
Hmmmm.. Emoe, does that mean you think ALL authors should be paid a visit by the men in white coats? :devil:

MODERATOR! I NEED A MODERATOR!

C James is giving out state secrets and needs to be shut up. Can a moderator please revoke his posting privileges? Immediately? Please?

Nothing much really...I'm planning to kill them off anyway close to the end of the story.

I hereby predict that you won't live this one down anytime soon. :devil::devil: :devil:

MODERATOR! I NEED A MODERATOR!

C James is giving out state secrets and needs to be shut up. Can a moderator please revoke his posting privileges? Immediately? Please?

Sorry Graeme, but there is never a moderator around when you need one. 0:)

Ummm, Emoe, does this mean that all of you are figments of my imagination too? If so, beware, because that means you cease to exist if they cure me! :wacko: :lmao:

Than again, I have never claimed to be sane... :lmao:

Hmmmm.. Emoe, does that mean you think ALL authors should be paid a visit by the men in white coats? :devil:CJ, I never said GA was your imaginary universe. Obviously we all exist or you have one HELL of a split personality disorder going on now

When I first read your post, I read it as: "Could Eric have been blackmailing himself?". :blink:

Well, ummm, I can't answer your actual question, but I can answer my mis-read of it: Eric was not blackmailing himself.

This is somehow giving away the answer to the question that, properly phrased, should have been "Could Eric himself have been blackmailed?" Echidna! Echidna!

• Site Administrator
This is somehow giving away the answer to the question that, properly phrased, should have been "Could Eric himself have been blackmailed?" Echidna! Echidna!

I'm here... :D

Technically, all he's implying is that yes, Eric could have been blackmailed. Anyone, after all, could be blackmailed. The correct question is "Was Eric himself also blackmailed?"

Sorry. He's safe from the spines... for the moment. :devil:

Well, ummm, I can't answer your actual question, but I can answer my mis-read of it: Eric was not blackmailing himself.

I hope this helps.

0:)

ACK!!! NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't get me turned into a pincushion!!!!!!!

The only answer I gave was that Eric was not blackmailing himself. (I hope that isn't too much of a spoiler, or I'll be a pincushion yet...)

I'm here... :D

Technically, all he's implying is that yes, Eric could have been blackmailed. Anyone, after all, could be blackmailed. The correct question is "Was Eric himself also blackmailed?"

Sorry. He's safe from the spines... for the moment. :devil:

Whew!!! Thank you, oh spiney one!!

I will say definitively that Eric either was, or was not, blackmailed. I'm also saying categorically that he was not blackmailing himself.

As for whether or not Eric has been blackmailed by someone other than himself (eyes the spiney one nervously) I can't say.

Hey Jack, I was going to once again point out that with enough $$$ you can be taken in or out of any place, but then I see Old Bob posted and tells us it is even easier than I thought! Thanks for the 'heads up' Bob! :2thumbs:

Hey everybody

You are all welcome :2thumbs:

If anyone needs an help in this matter, dont by shy and ask :whistle:

I could help, living not far from the border and having some experiences from WWII (bringing refugies through barked wires) :P

I can! :devil::funny:

ACK! Editor leak!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :huh:

Just for the fun of it, I predict that Eric will cause another trouble when he comes back in the next chapter. o,o

Poor Eric, always doubted... :,(

Congratulations on your One Year Anniversary, CJ!

Look how far you've come :2thumbs:

You can read my celebratory post here.

Thanks Emoe!!! Hard to beleive it has been a year already. I didn;t think anyone noticed lurkers like me... :ph34r:

Hey everybody

You are all welcome :2thumbs:

If anyone needs an help in this matter, dont by shy and ask :whistle:

I could help, living not far from the border and having some experiences from WWII (bringing refugies through barked wires) :P

Oh Jaaaack, methinks you need a vacation... In Switzerland.

:devil:

I'd pay 100
I'd pay 100€ for Jack if you can deliver him in Mouthe, Jura, France to me. But first, you need to make sure he's got OK skills in filing and housecleaning. I do not need an idle mouth to feed, but some skilled underpaid (or free) help would be more than welcome... I have very little need for any other use. Sorry, Jack, if I thus bruise your ego by not finding any other possible employs for you... ;)

Mouthe, Jura...ah in Franche Comt

Hi Jack

Do you want some help to cross the border ? You are welcome in Switzerland :2thumbs: And i dont need you to clean my rooms :P

Sure! As long as you bring your St-Bernard dog with his little alcohol thingie on his neck (make sure you put in some Swiss chocolate as well). And I might need a Swiss army knife in case Bondwriter runs after me. :P

Having second thoughts on buying Jack. What if he's not up to the expected level of performance? Does Leviticus say something about after-sales service?

I'm afraid you have the wrong idea when it comes to paying him: Paying him would make him a servant, not a slave.

Leviticus 25:48-53 "After that he is sold he may be redeemed again; one of his brethren may redeem him: Either his uncle, or his uncle's son, may redeem him, or any that is nigh of kin unto him of his family may redeem him; or if he be able, he may redeem himself. And he shall reckon with him that bought him from the year that he was sold to him unto the year of jubilee: and the price of his sale shall be according unto the number of years, according to the time of an hired servant shall it be with him."

As long as he isn't one of your siblings, you don't have to treat him as a servant. If one were to purchase his own brother into slavery, laws in Leviticus prevent treating him as other slaves, but rather as a guest or servant.

Leviticus 25:39 "And if thy brother that dwelleth by thee be waxen poor, and be sold unto thee; thou shalt not compel him to serve as a bondservant: But as an hired servant, and as a sojourner, he shall be with thee, and shall serve thee unto the year of jubilee: And then shall he depart from thee, both he and his children with him, and shall return unto his own family, and unto the possession of his fathers shall he return."

As for training him, we have to go to the book of Exodus for that. If you kill him while punishing him, you are in hot water, But, if he lingers a day or two after a beating, you are free and clear.

Exodus 21:20-21 "And if a man smite his servant, or his maid, with a rod, and he die under his hand; he shall be surely punished. Notwithstanding, if he continue a day or two, he shall not be punished: for he is his money."

As for after-sales service, hmmm, Leviticus is silent on that.

BTW, just to be clear here; I'm not trying to ridicule the bible, but I am, definitely, ridiculing those who cite Leviticus or other things in the Old Testament as reasons to condemn homosexuality. As for the New Testament passages sometimes interpreted as condemning homosexuality (oft called the "clobber passages" they are all by Paul, and Paul, as I illustrated in Rev. Mike's sermon, cannot be taken too seriously, for he says a great many things, such as that the entire old testament applies to anyone who is circumcised.

And yes, there will be more of this in FTL, though not the focus of the story. :devil:

"Allez chier, les gars."

Jackicus 21:12-13

Another entry in the Bible. :D

Jack, Jack, Jack... First you defy Leviticus, and now this... For shame!

Ohhh Bondwriter: When you get him, you might need to cut out his tounge. I think Leviticus is fine with that... 0:)

STORY NEWS:

Due to real-life events, Emoe is busy (understatment alert!) and I do not have Ch 14 to post yet. I'll post as soon as I have it. I know it has been quite a while, sorry.

Also, I got off my lazy haunches and wrote two additional chapters, 15 & 16, which Emoe now has as well, so I hope to be able to maintain a decent schedule again. I'm also halfway done with 17, though it is proving to be a tricky one.

Edited by C James

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..