Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

For The Love

OK, just to be clear, I'm not a hell-bent-fundy preacher, I just play one in CJ's story! Also, I don't work for the IRS, I just have friends who do, and no matter how much I blustered, I couldn't really get them to open up an investigation without some kind of actual proof. Having said that, far too many people have come to believe they are safe in anono-land when nothing is further from the truth. If somebody wants to find you and has the mean$$$ to make it happen, you will tagged in a heart beat. :ranger: 'nough said...

When i was casting about for a name for the Fundy preacher, let's just say I was divinely inspired. 0:)

But, I will note that EMoe is mistaken if he thinks I actually put him in the story: The Reverend is Emoe, while our editor is EMoe. I'm sure it was all purely coincidental. 0:)

I love Mounties! :wub: Especially when they wear those leather mounting boots with the spurs! GULP!

Conner :devil:

So you like spurs, do you? :devil:

Awhile back I mentioned the nefarious goat including subliminal messaging inside of his chapters to have the world do his bidding.

I come before you all tonight with proof that it is happening. I may be more susceptible as I am a natural blond named Steve myself, but I have been noticing side effects which have come up as of late.

Ive been acting more blond. Sending emails with out attachments, sending along emails with the wrong attachments. Pointing out flaws in stories when all I had to do was read the next line to figure out it wasn't a flaw in the first place. :(

Please send any information you have on deprogramming centers...

And be sure to read the next chapter of FTL...

wait I didn't mean that.

Help!

Hi Steve! Fear not, I'm quite sure, just as with EMoe's newfound profession as a homophobic Fundy preacher, it's all quite coincidental. 0:)

I'm already at my millionth heartbeat and CJames hasn't knocked my door yet when I told him to find me. :P

Good, he's getting overconfident...

Jack, your "catch me if you can" number is
  • Site Administrator
And be sure to read the next chapter of FTL...

wait I didn't mean that.

Hmm... which instruction should I follow? To read or not to read, that is the question.... :read:

We know, from Ch 12, that Eric is coming home. How do you think that will go? How will Chris and Steve feel about having him around again?

"Where's that necktie?"

"Now don't be like that. We can't do that sort of thing. We won't stoop to his level."

"How about a few broken bones?"

"That's tempting, but no."

"We could pipe Mozart into his room all night...."

"Done!"

Will Eric behave himself, or will he cause trouble?

ROFLMAO! As if we really need to answer this one... :P

And what about that Sheriff? Will he just forget about Chris and Steve?

Nope. As he has already broken the law (or at least stretched it beyond all recognition), I wouldn't be surprised if there was an attempted kidnapping. He would then claim that they were found in his county and arrested and it would be his word against theirs.

The other possibility is an assassination attempt. Since he's already tried to kill Chris, he may try again. I'm not sure how that works, from a logical point of view (but who ever said the sherrif was sensible), since if they kill him (and Steve) to stop them from presenting evidence against them (whoever 'them' may be), how will they know whether Chris and Steve have passed on the information to anyone else? I think this one is less likely unless it can be made to look like an accident.

The finally possibility is that the sherrif finally listens to his brother-in-law and hear's the part of the bible about forgiving your enemies.... but I haven't seen the flying pigs yet that are supposed to foreshadow that even.

Hmm... are flying goats a satisfactory alternative?

Instead of fueling the feud that has been raging in this thread for a while, I'll follow Graeme's example and comment on Eric's coming back. (How do you like this for being a goody-two shoes, Jack? ;) )

Steve's dad should definitely turn his cellar into a prison cell, just in case, or have bars put up on Eric's window and an iron door to his room. One is never too cautious. But as he's proved to be a good-hearted person, despite the suspicion some have of him being a criminal mastermind, I deem it unlikely.

I'd bet Eric's going to bring some more trouble, which is a shame for the lead characters, but a good thing for us readers so there are more adventures in store.

The Piedmont sheriff kidnapping Steve and Chris? I see him more into murder, unless he captures one to blackmail the other into surrendering the mysterious data stick. And taking pictures for his devious business, if Michael is to be believed, but I'm starting to really think he's right on this one. Only the future will tell us...

Poor Eric... Why does everyone think the worst of him?

Nope. As he has already broken the law (or at least stretched

The finally possibility is that the sherrif finally listens to his brother-in-law and hear's the part of the bible about forgiving your enemies.... but I haven't seen the flying pigs yet that are supposed to foreshadow that even.

Hmm... are flying goats a satisfactory alternative?

Well, you never know... 0:)

I'll even give a very minor spoiler: Either you are right, or you aren't. :P

I hope shadowgod, CJ's sercet betareader, will betaread quickly.

He already has, (and that's shdowgod the anonymous beta reader, BTW). He betas before I send the chapter to Emoe. :read:

He contributes a very great deal to both the wording and the plot. :2thumbs:

For example, the whole "mount the mailbox" thing came out of comment he made while beta reading. And that, incidentally, is why Veronica siad Steve has a dirty mind. :devil:

Instead of fueling the feud that has been raging in this thread for a while, I'll follow Graeme's example and comment on Eric's coming back. (How do you like this for being a goody-two shoes, Jack? ;) )

Steve's dad should definitely turn his cellar into a prison cell, just in case, or have bars put up on Eric's window and an iron door to his room. One is never too cautious. But as he's proved to be a good-hearted person, despite the suspicion some have of him being a criminal mastermind, I deem it unlikely.

The only problem there is that the house has no cellar. He'd have to bury Eric. :o

That, however, might not be an unpopular plan in the minds of Chris and Steve. :P

I'd bet Eric's going to bring some more trouble, which is a shame for the lead characters, but a good thing for us readers so there are more adventures in store.

The Piedmont sheriff kidnapping Steve and Chris? I see him more into murder, unless he captures one to blackmail the other into surrendering the mysterious data stick. And taking pictures for his devious business, if Michael is to be believed, but I'm starting to really think he's right on this one. Only the future will tell us...

Ohhh, I'd love to speculate and opine on some of the points you and Graeme raised! But, Alas, I cannot. Y'all have some great predictions and speculations though, thanks!!

OK, I'm off to work on CH 15, trying to get caught up!

Edited by C James
I thought Eric's dad will send him to a military camp? ;)

Obviously the wisest thing to do. In Alaska if possible. But this nuisance of a kid might weasel his way into staying home to keep going with his evil cronies. We're barely halfway through, from the author's statements, so we might not be rid of the little pest yet. I wouldn't mind Steve and Chris experimenting a bit more on restraining him actually. In shorts. :)

• Site Administrator

Poor Eric... Why does everyone think the worst of him?

Excuse me? Where in my comment did I say I was thinking the worst of him? You've assumed that yourself. I never said it. :P

I think he will behave himself at least until he can locate the data stick which is the whole reason he is being released and returned home. Side Note: The Piedmont DA has to be in on whatever nefarious scheme is cooking there in order for the charges to be dropped.

A good point about him behaving himself. However, I disagree with your comment about the Piedmont DA. You may be right, but if the sheriff edited the data presented to the DA, then the DA may have innocently decided there is insufficient evidence to press charges.

My vote is on the sheriff staying out of it while Eric is home, but there is nothing stopping him from slithering back into action if the need arises.

Another good point. He'll give Eric a chance, but if there are no results in a reasonable period of time, I expect him to take action. As for the definition of 'reasonable period of time'... I don't know. I suspect it will be at least a week, but a lot will depend on what communications can occur between Eric and the sherrif. I expect that to be very spasmodic, because Steve's dad will try to restrict Eric's opportunities to communicate as much as possible.

Beh If I was Ofc. Williams I'd file charges of sexual impropriety against the Peidmont Sheriff. and I'd make damn sure every small paper and press hound with in a thousand miles was there when I did it.

Nothing worse then being labeled a child rapist by Bill O'Rielly :P

But then again that is just me...

and I know Officer Williams will turn out to be the main baddy so he wouldn't take that course of action...

:P

Steve

Beh If I was Ofc. Williams I'd file charges of sexual impropriety against the Peidmont Sheriff. and I'd make damn sure every small paper and press hound with in a thousand miles was there when I did it.

Do you mean regarding Eric? Hmmm, kind of hard to make that stick without some kind of evidence. Staying at his house is suspicious, though, very suspicious.

Nothing worse then being labeled a child rapist by Bill O'Rielly :P

But then again that is just me...

and I know Officer Williams will turn out to be the main baddy so he wouldn't take that course of action...

I don't know about your "Mr. Willaims is Evil" theory... I mean, there is no evidence for it. It's not like he is always interupting.. Er, well, it's not like he named his cat 'Beelzebub"... Er, well, hmmm...

BTW, everyone, Steve has two stories running here on GA, and one is the absolutly superb "Living in Surreality". Steve has a way with words, an elequence, that gives the most vivid of descriptions. He's good, damn good, and BTW, he also has another story, called "Shot of Bourbon" that is an internet classic. It's the typical gay fiction theme: Boy meets Dirtbike, Boy falls in love with Dirtbike, Dirtbike hurts boy, etc.

Don't forget, we still plan on selling you. :devil:

And speaking of new chapters... Isn't "Moving on 8" due soon? <hint, hint>

I'm not sure sending Eric to military school would be the wisest of moves. If the speculation that eric is, shall we say, not nice is correct (I won't say whether it is or isn't, so put those spines away Graeme!) would teaching how to kill and use advanced weaponry be the optimum move? :o :mace: :fire: :battleaxe: :axeman: :sword: :ranger: :2hands:

You won't even be able to get me out of Switzerland because 1) I'll be a Swiss citizen and nothing else 2) I won't get the passport, so there is no way you can get me out of the airport to get me out of the Swiss territory. Even if you manage to do so, good luck getting me in the USA without a passport in hand. 0:)

Nope, no new chapter in sight...I need more time, but hey...at least I'm not releasing once every month per so. :P

Military school is too good...will it beat him into pulp? I dunno...try it out CJames and it could be fun doing that to Eric. :P

You won't even be able to get me out of Switzerland because 1) I'll be a Swiss citizen and nothing else 2) I won't get the passport, so there is no way you can get me out of the airport to get me out of the Swiss territory. Even if you manage to do so, good luck getting me in the USA without a passport in hand. 0:)

Nope, no new chapter in sight...I need more time, but hey...at least I'm not releasing once every month per so. :P

Military school is too good...will it beat him into pulp? I dunno...try it out CJames and it could be fun doing that to Eric. :P

Hmmm, Switzerland isn't a neigbor of the US... BUT, it is of France, so I'm afraid it will fall to Bondwriter to own you. You sure you don't want to go easy on yourself and let me sell you instead?

And, actually, you ARE releasing a chapter once every month or so... You started in August, and that's seven months ago. :P

As for the military school and beating Eric to a pulp, do i take if that you are one of those who think badly of Eric?

Poor kid, he's just being industrious and making a little money to supplement his allowance... 0:)

Supplement his allowance :funny:

right... if he was my brother I'd lock his a$* back in the closet, or... no that would be trafficing, and to a lawman as well.

Then there is always the good Rev.

but alas that was the catholic church :blink:

what to do with him, he's like a boil or something.

Steve

Hmmm, Switzerland isn't a neigbor of the US... BUT, it is of France, so I'm afraid it will fall to Bondwriter to own you. You sure you don't want to go easy on yourself and let me sell you instead?

That wouldn't be too bad, believe me. He wouldn't have to dig pits under the blazing Arizona sun. And I'm humane, I call my slaves "employees".

As for the military school and beating Eric to a pulp, do i take if that you are one of those who think badly of Eric?

Poor kid, he's just being industrious and making a little money to supplement his allowance... 0:)

Right, too bad he didn't choose more morally correct businesses such as weapons trafficking and drugs smuggling.

Hey guys,

Nice chat about buying and selling guys, but what has this to do with Switzerland ?

BTW, in Switzerland too, there are uncontrolled borders (like US) where you can bring and take people through. But you have to hurry, the customs have just bought "drones" (planes without pilots) in Israel for controlling from the air.

Hey Jack, I was going to once again point out that with enough $$$ you can be taken in or out of any place, but then I see Old Bob posted and tells us it is even easier than I thought! Thanks for the 'heads up' Bob! :2thumbs:

Hey guys,

Nice chat about buying and selling guys, but what has this to do with Switzerland ?

BTW, in Switzerland too, there are uncontrolled borders (like US) where you can bring and take people through. But you have to hurry, the customs have just bought "drones" (planes without pilots) in Israel for controlling from the air.

Because Switzerland rocks and know how to hide my money. So I picked it out of random. 0:)

Btw, the US-Canada border is controled...that is, you need some ID (driver's license, birth certificate, passport...depending what citizen you are) to get pass.

Hey Jack, I was going to once again point out that with enough $$$ you can be taken in or out of any place, but then I see Old Bob posted and tells us it is even easier than I thought! Thanks for the 'heads up' Bob! :2thumbs:

The problem is, you haven't even found me in Canada. I'm already at my millionth heartbeat and CJ hasn't even guessed my location despite me giving some hints.

Poor kid, he's just being industrious and making a little money to supplement his allowance...

Thinking badly of him? Poor kid? Supplement his allowance? If you're so fond of him, why don't you be his daddy....

Supplement his allowance :funny:

right... if he was my brother I'd lock his a$* back in the closet, or... no that would be trafficing, and to a lawman as well.

Then there is always the good Rev.

but alas that was the catholic church :blink:

what to do with him, he's like a boil or something.

Steve

Eric might just surprise us all. :devil:

That wouldn't be too bad, believe me. He wouldn't have to dig pits under the blazing Arizona sun. And I'm humane, I call my slaves "employees".

Right, too bad he didn't choose more morally correct businesses such as weapons trafficking and drugs smuggling.

Don't be too nice to Jack Frost.. he's pretty cold-hearted, ya know...

Hey guys,

Hi Bob!!!

The whole buying and selling guys thing comes out of Chapter 13, where, during a serom, the reverend Mike makes a joke about a passage in Leviticus; that it is ok to own slaves, so long as they are from neighboring nations. So, Jack frost is in canade, a neigboring nation to me, so we were trying to sell him. If he moves to Switzerland, he would be in a nation neighboring Bondwriter. :devil:

Hmmmm, Should we sell Jack by auction, or sealed bid?

Btw, the US-Canada border is controlled...that is, you need some ID (driver's license, birth certificate, passport...depending what citizen you are) to get pass.

The problem is, you haven't even found me in Canada. I'm already at my millionth heartbeat and CJ hasn't even guessed my location despite me giving some hints.

I have indeed guessed your location! (only I guessed wrong...)

Thinking badly of him? Poor kid? Supplement his allowance? If you're so fond of him, why don't you be his daddy....

Aren't writers usually the "parents" of their characters?

I'm just amazed that everyone keeps thinking the worst of Eric. :o

It's always possible that he had good reasons for what he did. ;)

Edited by C James
If he moves to Switzerland, he would be in a nation neighboring Bondwriter. :devil:

Aren't writers usually the "parents" of their characters?

I'm already Bondwriter's neighbor. Remember...St-Pierre et Miquelon is part of France and next to Canada. :rolleyes:

Ah yes, you are...you must be a really bad parent then. :D Tsktsktsk maybe I should call the social services now since goats can't be legally parents of a human child.

• Site Administrator

Certainly he might have good reasons for what he did. In fact, I believe he definitely had good reasons for what he did. The question is if those reasons were good for Eric, or for the greater good. I'm confident they were good for Eric (a few thousand dollars extra in his bank account -- that has to count as good). I have sincere doubts that he had Steve and Chris's goodwill at heart. Any good that befell them as a result of his actions is likely to have been completely accidental.

Ah yes, you are...you must be a really bad parent then. :D Tsktsktsk maybe I should call the social services now since goats can't be legally parents of a human child.

Just a minor correction. To the best of my knowledge, there is no law preventing a goat from being the legal parent of a fictitious human child.

PS: I have also yet to see any concrete evidence to suggest that Eric is human....

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..