[DomLuka] In The Fish Bowl Chapter 4!

I'm liking Denis more and more with each chapter! I'm still not sure if it's Owen or Travis that's going to help Denis find the purpose and fun of life again. Then again we don't really have any proof yet that Denis is gay either. And where will Kyle's infatuation\nuturing instinct for Travis lead? I could be wrong but didn't I read something from Dom a while back that asked how we would feel about hetro relationships in a story? Could be Denis, could be Nicky, could be Ryan, could be another story he's thinking about.

Each chapter leaves me with more questions but this is shaping up to be Dom's best story yet! :worship:

Steve

Very mysterious.

My bet is that Nicky and Lacy will become a couple. As for Dennis... That is a big question mark. Travis too. Can't wait to see where it goes!

Actually, knowing Dom, I'm guessing that it's Lacy and Ryan after all, and that it's Travis and Janie, our favorite villan from The Log Way...at least for a little while

There's certainly lots of exposition in this chapter. It may not make for the most elegant writing, but does help bring us up to date on what happened after TLW and should give a glimmer of what's going on for people who haven't read TLW.

LOL Janie... hmm...

I loved this chapter! Owen was quite cute with all the stuff he did, and that little statement about all the things you can do with wood. And I like reading about him and Dennis together their so interesting, but I really want to know how they got into making chairs in the first place... Still not quite a fan of Travis though... So far I'd have to say Dennis and Owen together are my favourite moments....

And this chapter came so soon too, I was very pleasantly surprised (who wouldnt be?).

I can't wait to read the next chapter hopefully there'll be more Owen and Dennis moments...

Haha. I'm liking Travis more and more :P

I wonder how dinner will turn out.

how weird. i'm hating him more and more, to the point where i'm actually skimming sections that focus on him. i've known people like him. i'm not a fan. dennis, however, i am loving. though that's not a surprise. i always liked him.

how weird. i'm hating him more and more, to the point where i'm actually skimming sections that focus on him. i've known people like him. i'm not a fan. dennis, however, i am loving. though that's not a surprise. i always liked him.

Haha. I think I'm the only one who likes Travis. Most people think he's a jerk :P

Very mysterious.

My bet is that Nicky and Lacy will become a couple.

As for Dennis... That is a big question mark. Travis too. Can't wait to see where it goes!

What about Chris? Not much attention to him in the story, yet, but he's 24 or so and still single. From what we've read so far, he really doesn't even date. Maybe he'll be the focus of a hetero relationship, finally.

There are some really unlikely pairngs possible here. We already have Riley and Aiden as a possibility, or maybe Dennis and Riley, although that doesn't seem to likely. I think the biggest hint, however, is that we know Dom intends this to be Dennis' story. Why would he invent a character like Travis unless he's going to play a major role in Dennis' redemption? :boy:

Please don't skim anything Dom writes. We may not like Travis, but who knows what effect he will have on other characters? He is certainly a major character. You may miss something important. You may come to like Travis or find something that justifies your dislike.

Edited by MikeL

Not like Travis??? :blink: What's not to like? His sarcasm alone is worth the ride. :lmao:

I'm really not ready to give up on Aiden and Owen as a couple. :wub: That's going to take some doing. Travis may be the man to do it though. I hate myself for having such thoughts. :thumbdown: Travis and Aiden would be scintillating. :devil:

Redemption for Dennis?? Why not! Owen seems to think he's worth it. So I'm in.

I agree with Steve. This story is shaping up to be Dom's best. :worship::worship: Thanks, Dom

Conner

Redemption for Dennis?? Why not! Owen seems to think he's worth it. So I'm in.

I agree with Steve. This story is shaping up to be Dom's best. :worship::worship: Thanks, Dom

Conner

I don't think this is about redemption for Dennis....if anything, it's about redemption for Travis. Dennis has already redeemed himself as far as I can see. He's stayed away from his family for two years, he's stuck it out with Riley and his parents and even became a part of the family. Also, he has a humble way about him that wasn't there before. He hasn't slipped back into the assh*le mode he was in when he was in highschool, even though that life would be a lot easier for him because he'd have his friends and family back.

I think this is gonna be a story about Dennis helping Travis find redemption.

Once again, this chapter just gets me interested in Dennis and Owen. Don't really care much about Travis, he's interesting though. For some reason, I have a really wierd feeling that Dennis' brother Lyle will come back into the story and try and make his dad some money, by kicking Travis' ass during those fight things there trying to hold. Hmm? His story reminds me of the movie 'Fight Club'.

But Dennis and Owen are still my favorite parts to read, I wish he went skating with them. That'd be funny to see Nicky and Lacy's reactions to it.

I don't think this is about redemption for Dennis....if anything, it's about redemption for Travis. Dennis has already redeemed himself as far as I can see. He's stayed away from his family for two years, he's stuck it out with Riley and his parents and even became a part of the family. Also, he has a humble way about him that wasn't there before. He hasn't slipped back into the assh*le mode he was in when he was in highschool, even though that life would be a lot easier for him because he'd have his friends and family back.

I think this is gonna be a story about Dennis helping Travis find redemption.

I think we're both on the same page, Nick. It may be that we're interpreting "redemption" differently. For the most part, I agree with your observations about Dennis. I am uncertain as to what exactly Dennis has done for Reilly in the way of reconciliation/making amends for all the bullying from the past. Dennis no doubt cares very much for the Chesley's; they've given him a safe harbour. It seems to me, though, that Dennis remains on the edge of the family. To put it metaphorically, he's on the dance floor, but he ain't dancing. He's not a happy camper.

I didn't wish to imply that the story will be about Dennis' redemption. In my mind, it's Travis who's front and centre, at least right now. That could change. I fully expect Dennis to experience a great deal of growth though.

Travis' redemption? What has he done that requires such? Does he need help? Most assuredly.

Conner

For some reason i like Travis... in real life i hate pricks like him... but for some reason he is almost coming off as a type of Stiffler Character (you know from american pie)... And for some reason that kinda makes me like him... He is arrogant at times but tries to play it off as charming... i dont know... ove 2/3's of me likes him.

As for dennis and owen... i do love their moment together... they seem so cute and just... *sighs*... but then i remember the history between Owen and Adien... and Im all like "They better get back together or i am gonna trip out!!!" but i dont know... i think it will have to take alot of conviencing for me to jump on the Owen and Dennis Band wagon... That is... If Dennis is even gay... because we have gotten speculations as to that he may sway to the male side of things... but yet we havent gotten any conformation... because as of right now im pretty sure that he is calling Owen just as a friend and nothing more... but i dont know...

As for Travis... his is definantly gay... and i think him and Adien will end up sleeping together... and i think Adien will be the one who finally breaks open his shell and gets him to come to terms with his rocky past and such... because im pretty sure that no one knows about his past foster home and his foster bother killing his foster father... so yeah... that has a big part as to why he like getting hit by those rich spoiled brats... and thats why he doesnt like to sleep!!!

but anyway yeah... these are just my opinions!!!

later ~ nick :read:

Please don't skim anything Dom writes. We may not like Travis, but who knows what effect he will have on other characters? He is certainly a major character. You may miss something important. You may come to like Travis or find something that justifies your dislike.

i said skimming, not skipping. i don't lose the facts. i just don't waste emotional involvement in them, when they don't suit me.

my dislike in him is based almost entirely in the way he treats dennis. i don't like people who hijack other people. dennis may like that. if so fine. dennis is allowed to like that about him. it won't change my dislike of him, because that's not a quality i appreciate in people.

and just because i don't like one character doesn't mean i'm not enamored with the tale-telling of the other characters. i'm sweating every second i have to wait for something about dennis...or owen...or nicky. in my head i'm waiting for stuff about them. dom does seem to be pushing dennis/travis somehow, and i would be disappointed if he didn't become less...well, the way he's been around dennis. but to not read just would not happen.

besides, it's a credit to dom that he's managed to create a character that i can hate. it creates some variety. it would be boring to love everyone.

Hey, remember in DD, when we were introduced to Seth? A majority of the domaholics disliked him too...but as the story unfolded, we all ended up loving him! Give travis a chance (BUT IF HE TAKES AIDEN AWAY FROM OWEN....)

Hey, remember in DD, when we were introduced to Seth? A majority of the domaholics disliked him too...but as the story unfolded, we all ended up loving him!

:thumbdown: Not I. For me he moved from dislike to terminal boredom. That includes the sex scenes.

(BUT IF HE TAKES AIDEN AWAY FROM OWEN....)

:2hands: That brings up the question of how one might hunt down a fictional character to do bodily harm or worse. :2hands:

Edited by glomph
Hey, remember in DD, when we were introduced to Seth? A majority of the domaholics disliked him too...but as the story unfolded, we all ended up loving him! Give travis a chance (BUT IF HE TAKES AIDEN AWAY FROM OWEN....)

actually, you should recheck the posts from back then. i was on the seth/rory bandwagon fairly early on. and since we're talking about DD, the reasons i dislike travis are similar to the reasons i didn't like aaron. but you can see me badmouthing aaron in the threads about DD, so i don't really need to do that again, i'm sure. basically, moody/quiet=good | manipulative/coming-on-too-strong=bad. in my book.