• Site Administrator

I don't often promote my own stories, but I thought I'd make an exception with this one.

My latest short story, Gay Whales, is now available at AwesomeDude.

• Site Administrator

Thanks!

I'd had some comments (which I agreed with) that I had written a number of depressing/bittersweet stories recently and so I thought I'd do something different. :D

Graeme, I just saw this, and loved it!

I must admit, I was wondering what on earth was up with that title! That was brilliant! I loved Trevor's cough, too.

The surprise twist at the end was both funny and heartwarming. Excellent character development!

Great graphic, too.

Thanks!!! :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

I don't often promote my own stories, but I thought I'd make an exception with this one.

My latest short story, Gay Whales, is now available at AwesomeDude.

Hi friend,

I just red your story 10 minutes ago and I'm still laughing :2thumbs:

Nothing else to say.

I like it so much that I will try to translate it in french.

Bravo :lol:

I just finished reading it. It was really hilarious. When Dean and Scott entered, I couldn't control myself and laughed like a mad. Amazing idea, especially that of unmarried, pregnant, aboriginal and...( I wouldn't like to spoil the pleasure for others)

Great job

Ieshwar

• Site Administrator
Hi friend,

I just red your story 10 minutes ago and I'm still laughing :2thumbs:

Nothing else to say.

I like it so much that I will try to translate it in french.

Bravo :lol:

Thanks! You may need to change a few things unless you want try to keep an Aussie flavour in French. I'm not positive, but I think Aussie Rules Football is the only football code that's played on an oval and not a rectangle (I'm not sure about Gaelic football).

Laughed out loud when I read the last sentence.

Great story! :D

:D That was the intention....

I just finished reading it. It was really hilarious. When Dean and Scott entered, I couldn't control myself and laughed like a mad. Amazing idea, especially that of unmarried, pregnant, aboriginal and...( I wouldn't like to spoil the pleasure for others)

Great job

Ieshwar

Thanks, but I can't take complete credit for the phrase. I heard something like it, as a mock-political joke, over twenty years ago and it stuck in my mind. When I decided to try to write a light-hearted short story (my last few have been dark), the phrase resurfaced and I decided to use it. I don't believe I have remembered the phrase perfectly, but it's close enough.

Thanks! You may need to change a few things unless you want try to keep an Aussie flavour in French. I'm not positive, but I think Aussie Rules Football is the only football code that's played on an oval and not a rectangle (I'm not sure about Gaelic football).

Europeans are very fond of football (like US soccer) and its easy to adapt the story on french habits (I could f.i.use rugby, because the rugby players are allways big, strong and with "well-developed muscles", a gay rugby player... funny, with a strong accent of south-west France !). I shall submit my translation to Bondwriter, so he can give you his opinion... perhaps my work for next weekend ?

• Site Administrator
Europeans are very fond of football (like US soccer) and its easy to adapt the story on french habits (I could f.i.use rugby, because the rugby players are allways big, strong and with "well-developed muscles", a gay rugby player... funny, with a strong accent of south-west France !). I shall submit my translation to Bondwriter, so he can give you his opinion... perhaps my work for next weekend ?

Rugby would work well. I tossed up on whether to make him a rugby player, since rugby is also popular here in Australia. As I'm located in Victoria, though, most suburban football fields are ovals, for Aussie Rules. Rubgy is more popular in the northern states.

Oh, and Ian Roberts is a rugby player who played at the international level for Australia... and he's gay. He was outed during his last few years, but kept on playing. He earned a lot of respect from the other players and still appears as a guest at times on one of the major rugby TV shows.

Hey Everybody,

Here the translation from Aussie in french of "Gay whales". Respect the copyright, which remains to Greame. For those who know both langages, please comment expected.

BTW, whales are not very well known in South-West of France, but rabbits are !

----------------------------------------------------------------------

A propos des lapins de garenne c

I didn't laugh until the last line. Then, if I was on the floor and not my bed, I would be ROFLMFAO. I suppose I'm actually ROBLMFAO. Haha

There's a sad part to this story though. I did not realize until the end that by "football", you meant soccer. Am I correct in that assumption? The "footballer" comments kept throwing me off because I always call american football players, football players. lol

• Site Administrator
I did not realize until the end that by "football", you meant soccer. Am I correct in that assumption? The "footballer" comments kept throwing me off because I always call american football players, football players. lol

Actually, no. I'm a Victorian, so football to me is Australian Rules Football. The other codes that I know of are: Soccer, Rugby (league or union), Gridiron (American football) and Gaelic football. Australian Rules Football is played on an oval, not a rectangle as most of the other football codes are.