Jump to content

CassieQ

Signature Author
  • Posts

    5,450
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CassieQ

  1. Ranted, huh?
  2. I hope he recovers! It's the worst thing when one of our fur babies are sick.
  3. CassieQ

    Jealousy

    I'm glad you liked it. I'm fond of the characters myself. And I'm glad you like the proposal! Thanks for commenting!
  4. I watched the snow come down. Off work tomorrow. Works for me!
  5. CassieQ

    Jealousy

    I've written "bad jealousy" before and was looking at a different take with this story. I think Wyatt knew perfectly well how much his dancing with Drew turned his boyfriend on and used it to his fullest advantage later on! I think the flirting was welcome on all sides. Thank you so much for commenting, this was interesting to read!
  6. CassieQ

    Jealousy

    Thank you so much! I think this might be the first proposal scene I've written, so I'm glad you liked it! I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Thank you for commenting!
  7. I have a grocery store, a small restaurant and a dry cleaner within walking distance, but anything else I would probably need to drive to...it's not even the distance, but the traffic.
  8. We have a foot of snow over here...
  9. I'm the odd one out with the anthologies, I loved having a long list of new stories to read. I guess I'm just too impatient.
  10. CassieQ

    Jealousy

    Thank you for commenting. It was fun to write about jealousy arising in a strong relationship. I don't have a problem with body glitter either...it was all the rage during my college years. Maybe it'll make a comeback.
  11. I think there is a difference between describing a place and describing what a character looks like, which is what @Comicality appears to be trying to get across. I used to read a very popular romance author when I was in college and she had a thing about over-describing what characters looked like sometimes, and I never really liked it. I don't need to know what a characters nose looks like okay (Yes, she described the shape of her character's noses). A few common details is fine, like Comsie said. The only description I gave for a character I wrote was: Brandon studied him discreetly from his lowered lashes during that brief respite. Jordan had the classic all American good looks... blond hair, bright blue eyes and a perfect white smile. He was well built--not skinny and lanky like Brandon himself was. He looked every bit like the perfect prep school student and the polar opposite of himself. Probably made straight A's and played football or lacrosse. That was it, and I felt like it was more than enough. Jordan is a preppy teenager that Brandon pretty much distrusted at first sight. But I didn't say how tall, how much he weighed, what shape his nose/mouth was, or how his hair was cut or what clothes he was wearing (because who cares, really)? The reader can fill that in themselves. I have given them a starting point. Having said that, I am not a huge fan of descriptions. I am more interested in what a character is doing or thinking than what they are wearing, or what the room they are in looks like. (At one point, someone did point out that I did not describe my characters very well until way too late in a story, so maybe I need to work on that, lol).
  12. CassieQ

    Jealousy

    I don't think Gray minded the glitter. Thanks for commenting!
  13. CassieQ

    Jealousy

    Thank you. Gray was able to shake off most instances of jealousy, but not when someone went after his friends and his boyfriend. I'm glad you liked it!
  14. CassieQ

    Jealousy

    I didn't explore a lot of Gray's motivation, but I am of the opinion that a lot of jealousy stems from insecurity. I think Gray didn't feel jealous of Wyatt and Drew because he felt secure in his relationship with Wyatt, and often reinforced that with shared intimacy and conversation. But I don't think either one of them minded the flirting that much! Thank you so much for commenting!
  15. Yes, per month. I am feverishly looking around for better options, because I hardly go to the doctor at all...my body is quite healthy. I hope the snow gets bumped too...it's a long operation (10-12 hours) and my Mom needs to be there to support my PawPaw because, damn, they've both been through the wringer. Fuck cancer. Thanks everyone. I usually don't let stuff like that get to me, but it was one thing after another yesterday.
  16. Sorry for being a bummer yesterday. I lost so much weight that my fancy NYE dress doesn't fit anymore, the podiatrist mauled the hell out of my foot, I came home to a cat hacking and gagging, and found out that I don't qualify for the health insurance marketplace anymore and can't find a plan that is under $400. Oh, and my Nannie's surgery just got bumped to Monday and we are trying to figure out how to get my Mom there with the big snow that is supposed to move in. So that was fun. Today was better. to everyone for being awesome.
  17. CassieQ

    Jealousy

    Agree with both points. Very insightful comment, thank you for sharing. I'm glad you like the story (I loved the proposal too).
  18. CassieQ

    Jealousy

    Thank you so much. I loved working with these characters. I'm so glad you enjoyed it!
  19. CassieQ

    Jealousy

    Thank you! I'm glad you liked it!
  20. I can't hold you, just offered an internet hug. Sounds like you are in a rough time right now, hang in there.
  21. CassieQ

    Jealousy

    Thank you so much! I am not a very jealous person, so writing about a couple "fighting back" against it, was a lot fun. Thanks for commenting!
  22. CassieQ

    Jealousy

    I'm glad you enjoyed this! Thanks for commenting!
  23. Hope everyone is having a better day than I am. Bout ready to kick this one in the ass and go to bed.
  24. Very powerful story. I'm relieved that Chester is free from Mark...I've read that abusers who choke their victims usually end up killing them and Mark came way too close. I dont think Chester would have survived another encounter. He has a good friend in Jordy and it sounds like he might be able to slowly heal. Great story!
×
×
  • Create New...