Jump to content

CassieQ

Signature Author
  • Posts

    5,450
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CassieQ

  1. @ColumbusGuyand @Thorn Wilde I will admit to using the word creamy in my own writing just the other day, but in my own defense, I was using it to describe a pastry filling, not a part of the human body. @Carlos Hazday I always welcome feedback, but if you call one of my stories creamy, I will hunt you down.
  2. The new place is lovely and so are the people in it!
  3. Not all people with ADHD are hyperactive. I think it is a diagnostic thing. I have primarily inattentive ADHD and I was never diagnosed in school (back in the 80s), because I was quiet and didn't cause trouble because I was lost in my own head a lot of the time. It was the impulsive and hyperactive kids who usually got help first, because they were easier to find and diagnose. I was diagnosed as an adult and the first time I took medication for it, I almost cried. There was no noise in my head and all of a sudden my thoughts were clear and laid out in a way that made sense and were easy to follow. I could look at a task in front of me and work on it without being distracted by every other thing in the room. That's not a technicality.
  4. Drumming Song is great. I also love Howl, the hunger in the lyrics are very sexy.
  5. I haven't seen it listed, so I'm going to add "Bedroom Hymns" by Florence + the Machine. It is a song about sex, but it's wrapped up in imagery and metaphor in a way that makes it all the more sexy. And her voice certainly doesn't hurt.
  6. CassieQ

    Food Impostors

    I don't think it helped that I was eating while I read this. Frank is a very creative cook!
  7. CassieQ

    Food Impostors

    This was so sick, I loved it.
  8. Good topics for conversation usually include family, occupation, recreation and dreams. Some of my older patients will talk for 20 minutes straight if I bring up their grandkids.
  9. It sounds like, from your post, that your thoughts of finding a new job is a good path. Your current workplace does not sound like a good fit at all. I don't think I would like working there either. I am a very introverted person and what helps me at work is making other people talk so I don't have to as much. Stay away from the big bads (Religion, Politics, Economy, etc). When I have to approach someone, I usually smile, say hi and introduce myself then ask if there is anything I can help them with. If I was in a sales job, then I would ask something along the lines of "Have you heard about such and such product? Let me tell you some more about it." If someone catches me off guard with a question (my boss loves to do this too) I usually repeat it back to them to give myself from extra time to think about it and compose myself. I have a very extroverted guy at work who I admire for getting people to open up. He always opens up with questions that invites people to talk about themselves. People LOVE to talk about themselves. I will sometimes script a conversation if I know I have to talk to someone important and I recite it to myself or to a friend. Also if you don't like face to face conversations, use email or phone calls if it is appropriate. Good luck with looking for another job. Job searching really sucks, but finding a place that you don't dread going into every day is well worth it.
  10. CassieQ

    Our House

    As another cat owner: Probably fish them out, knock them onto the floor and bat them around. They do that with bottle caps already and those don't even roll. This was a lot of fun, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for commenting!
  11. CassieQ

    Our House

    Thank you, it was very fun!
  12. CassieQ

    Our House

    Thank you. The two of them were a fun couple to write, I'm glad you liked it.
  13. CassieQ

    Our House

    My family often threw Halloween parties, decorating for the holiday was my favorite part. Even the kitchen. Thanks for commenting, I'm glad you liked it.
  14. CassieQ

    Our House

    That is lovely! Thank you so much, I'm glad you enjoyed it!
  15. I love Halloween, but I don't see trick or treaters anymore like we did when I was a kid. It's all done in church parking lots now.
  16. CassieQ

    Our House

    Glad you liked it. It was fun to write. Thanks for commenting!
  17. CassieQ

    Our House

    Disgustingly in love they certainly are, I hope they stay that way. Thanks!
  18. CassieQ

    Our House

    Basil is adorable and has a sweet bf. I'm glad he could have his Halloween dream. Thank you!
  19. CassieQ

    Our House

    Thanks Valkyrie. They were very cute and fun to write about.
  20. CassieQ

    Our House

    Our House It was a beautiful fall morning, crisp and colorful, but still warm enough for me to drive home with the windows down, which I did. I smiled as I pulled into the driveway of our house. I supposed it was silly that I still got a little tingle when I saw it, we had moved in together over the summer, but I still savored the way it felt in my mind. Our house. I noticed that there were several new items on the porch, faintly illuminated by the porch light that Basil always made
  21. CassieQ

    Our House

    Basil goes a little...overboard with Halloween enthusiasm. For Cia's Extreme Halloween challenge.
  22. Sounds cool!
  23. Yeah, Steve. I sleep nekkid. Someone is going to be scared, but it's not going to be me.
  24. CassieQ

    Rule #3

    Thank you Parker, I'm glad you like it and thanks for commenting. 3- way relationships don't work for everybody, but everyone is different and these guys found a way to make it work!
  25. Thanks for keeping AAA going @Carlos Hazday and @Renee Stevens! (Thoughtful is probably the nicest thing anyone has said about my opinions).
×
×
  • Create New...