Jump to content

CassieQ

Signature Author
  • Posts

    5,450
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CassieQ

  1. RIDE THE LIGHTNING The air hung over the sleepy day, heavy and stagnant. The sun was a merciless presence, baking the ground and creating shimmering waves of heat reflecting off pavement and sidewalks. Flowers wilted under the dull drowsy droning of summertime insects. Oscar didn't mind the heat but he could feel the sweat that gathered on his forehead and scalp to run down his face and neck. He wiped his forearm across his face and continued to push the lawnmower across the green expans
  2. It was clear from the moment that Oscar saw Axel on stage that he wanted him. Both men have secrets, and they both turn out to have deadly consequences.
  3. I've written M/M and I've written M/M/M but not very much of it. I like M/M/M because it requires a little more effort and creativity on my part and I like seeing how other people take it on as well. But I also love a good sexy M/M as well. M/M/M/M+ is a bit much for me to keep up with.
  4. That is awesome, I had only heard of 2! I hope they are able to get them all out safely.
  5. Thank you for commenting. It was a lot of fun writing these guys, and especially seeing how much shy, withdrawn Mikeal has changed and grown. I'm so glad you enjoyed it!
  6. Oh, I remember this. I wrote a sequel to Murder in the Woods because half my readers were after my blood, lol!
  7. CassieQ

    "Low Light" Reel

    Comas, huh?
  8. CassieQ

    "Low Light" Reel

    Interesting. I do notice that I tend to use a lot of the same phrasing in my stories, I'm trying to work on that. It's helpful when someone points things out to me, though. My boss came to me one day and said that I tend to mix up compliant and complaint, but I think that is more of a result of doing documentation at the end of the day, when my brain is already fried. I do pay better attention now though.
  9. I really enjoyed this. You did an excellent job of getting inside the characters head, showing how he thought, how he struggled, it all felt very real and raw. Well done.
  10. I'm here if you need someone to talk to. Other people are too.
  11. CassieQ

    Chapter 1

    Thank you so much. Caleb went through a lot and I think almost everyone hated what I did at the end. (I'm not sorry ). I'm glad you found your "Noah" and that your ending was happier than thiers.
  12. CassieQ

    Chapter 1

    Thank you so much. Caleb went through a lot and I think almost everyone hated what I did at the end. (I'm not sorry ). I'm glad you found your "Noah" and that your ending was happier than thiers.
  13. Hey friend. What's up?
  14. This is super sweet and adorable, though I think I fall into the "Kristina is weird" camp. But the interactions between Josh and Brennan were adorable, especially with the shoelaces at the end.
  15. There are 17 anthology stories in this entry alone. That's a lot to read.
  16. This was one of my favorite anthologies to write for.
  17. CassieQ

    Fleshing it Out

    Good article. I think it can be hard sometimes to know when to hint and when to show and when to just breeze by something to get to "the good stuff". There was a lot of insight here. Thank you for sharing!
  18. Dayum, @Comicality. That's 6 updates. How do you do that?
  19. CassieQ

    Chapter 1

    *hands you a toothbrush* Kissing buddies are always a good thing! I'm glad you enjoyed it and thanks for commenting.
  20. Happy Anniversary Comsie! (20 years, holy cow)!
  21. CassieQ

    Hurricane Lamps

    I'm glad you like it. And yeah, Elijah has a bit of a fucked up world view. And we all know my feelings towards the color yellow. Thank you for reading and commenting.
  22. How do you have the time to read ASOIAF books three times? I got to book 3 or 4, realized that he wasn't done with the series, and was like...screw this. Those books are crazy long.
  23. Great article. (I love roller coaster btw, the taller and faster the better). If you have nothing but drama after drama after drama, then it lessens the impact on the big moments on the reader. Give us some breathing room! I love reading books a second time too. The first time is the best, but sometimes I get so worked up and nervous about what is happening to the characters, that it is almost a relief to be able to read it again and just enjoy the flow of the story.
×
×
  • Create New...