Looking good on the Promising Stories list @Dodger
It would be great if more people signed up for the Improve and Encourage feature. There are only four critiques not yet done (including the final one by Renee). The next author to sign up gets to critique a story by CassieQ.
Carter need not feel bad about Alex cheating on his husband. He simply needs to do better himself and learn to love Aron the way he was always meant to do.
I think Declan was being practical as well as clever. He knows there are plenty of ways Bailey can hurt himself and some would be less controlled than small cuts to his hips. And he wants to spend time with Bailey and for them to become close, not to mention boyfriends and lovers. The easiest way to accomplish that is to convince Bailey to turn to him whenever he's feeling overwhelmed. Yeah, it's mature to realize Bailey will have to want to stop cutting himself, but didn't Declan go through a similar process? Having to realize he had to start thinking for himself, take a stance against the bigots and stop sneering at the other athletes at the school. He had to want to get rid off his bad habits before it could happen. Bailey is strong enough to do the same, and all Declan can offer is to be an instrument in that process.
LOL give the hungry bird a few crumbs and they immediately start yelling for more. Thanks for the encouragement in the prompt forum, and you were absolutely right. I'm so happy my readers all enjoy the short ride.
Well, except for the fact you have a crush on Kevin and worry about being on the rebound with Ross. But I guess that secret would be like a lead balloon on the party.
Velbekomme, min ven. I hope the weekend will be better than the week.
Hmm, I'll have to think about the special bond between Dean and Bart, but to me Bart is like an online friend who Dean has come to trust with all his secrets because he knows he'll never betray him. In addition, he know their friendship may end at any time when Bart has fulfilled his mission.
he, he, yeah I do have two sets of brothers who should get some attention.
It was unusual enough to make me want to take up the challenge and while I was contemplating how to do it, Dean and Bart started shouting in my head. After that I wrote the story in less than a day. I'm glad you enjoyed the result and thanks for the comment.
Funny how differently we see people. I dislike her for being a nosy interfering empty-headed person with no interest in Eric except for the possibility of him providing gossip. Oh, and hearing herself talk.
Every time I read this chapter I wonder why Marcus is a member of the SCG if he's not a football fan. Since I assume this is the Sydney Swan's home ground.
I still think the brat's reaction was completely in character, and I blame the coach for not stomping on the 'roach for being a bigoted asshole. Especially knowing what happens later in the story and in the next one. But for now, Ty leaving is good for the plot of keeping his change of behavior hidden.
You've taught me well, my friend. I was thinking of you all the time I wrote those lines, saying to myself you would approve. I'm delighted I was right. And just as pleased to make you laugh. This was a wonderful comment to wake up to.
Thanks, Jeff. I hope so too, since I also like Dean. And I know someone want to meet his brothers
Yeah, Bart has made a huge difference in Dean's life, but Dean has made the effort too. Hugh seems to appreciate it.
Making my readers laugh is something which gives me a lot of pleasure. I wasn't sure this story would work, but the prompt was too good to miss. Thank you for helping me out with the sequel too, your suggestions were just what I needed.
Bart, hmm - maybe he'll meet one of @aditus's Cupids one day.
It does make more sense to read them both, but I didn't want people to feel obliged. I'm pleased you did and enjoyed the story, and I hope you'll like the short sequel too.
Thanks for reading and commenting.
Yeah - good point. I bet he'll tease Dean about it later.
Sigh, I know we shouldn't joke about fires, this summer has been awful on both continents. Like Dean says 'Fire is serious business.'