Jump to content
Last Call for Anthology Stories! ×

Valkyrie

Site Administrator
  • Posts

    19,153
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Valkyrie

  1. Thanks I can smell the cookies burning baking
  2. Happy Birthday! I really enjoyed your trip down memory lane.
  3. I hope you have an awesome day! Today's my mom's birthday too
  4. Valkyrie

    The Fruitcake

    This story was written by Cole Matthews. For some reason, it's listing me as the author. We're hoping to be able to get that fixed.
  5. @Cole Matthews @aditus and I are posting a multi-author story, one chapter per day until Christmas. Cole uploaded a chapter today without any problem, but it looks like I'm the one who posted it, since I'm the one who created the story. Is this a glitch? Is there a way the author who uploads the chapter can be listed as the author? I uploaded the Prologue and Chapter 1, Cole uploaded Chapter 2.
  6. The Fruitcake Shawn pulled the pan from the oven. He inhaled the smell of the dark brown confection deeply, enjoying the pungent, rich spices, and the heady, sweet fruit. He set the loaf pan on an antique iron trivet carefully designed with gaily painted ivy and poinsettia leaves, red and shades of green, intertwined pleasingly. The delicate, yet insistent, aroma of caramel filled the room. Carefully, he stirred the brandy, rum, and even more spices in the syrup in a saucier pot. H
  7. Yes, most definitely. Thanks for reading and commenting
  8. Thank you @aditus gets all the credit for the idea
  9. All glory to the hypnotoad.... With the title of the story, I couldn't resist I look forward to checking it out.
  10. I'm sorry about your father. The holidays are a difficult time for me for many reasons, but I'm at a place now where I can cherish the memories and embrace new traditions while honoring the old. *raises a glass* "Bah, Humbug!" right back at ya
  11. Valkyrie

    Prologue

    Well good homemade mac and cheese is magical What an awesome story
  12. Valkyrie

    Prologue

    Homemade hot cocoa sounds delicious. I'm quite food-motivated myself. I watch a ton of Food Network shows. And I think you're right about preserving our culinary heritage. Cooking is a fundamental skill that a lot of people don't bother to learn. I had a college roommate that didn't know how to brown ground beef, and that was a while ago!
  13. Valkyrie

    Prologue

    Welcome aboard! My mom did something similar for me and my brother. It's something I'll always treasure. I hope you find something to add to your collection.
  14. We used to do the same thing... I'd help my mom and aunt and grandma and we'd end up with lots of different containers of cookies in the freezer. We stopped the tradition years ago, and unfortunately, every time I bring it up no one is interested. So we have new traditions instead. Thanks for reading and have a cookie for me.
  15. Thank you Some of my favorite memories are baking Christmas cookies with my grandma and family. I hope you like them. Let me know how they turn out
  16. Valkyrie

    Prologue

    I hope you enjoy them all
  17. Thank you so much And that's awesome about the cookies You'll have to let me know how they turn out
  18. We will be posting some pics along the way
  19. I'm sorry to hear your family recipes were lost Many years ago, my mom copied our favorite family recipes into a book and also onto laminated recipe cards. I've had cookies similar to the ones you describe, and they're delicious. Thanks for reading and commenting.
  20. Thank you
  21. Thank you! I hope you like the rest of our cookbook
  22. Thank you I love molasses cookies
  23. Thanks so much
  24. I know, but I had to come up with something
  25. Thank you so much. I'm glad you liked it
×
×
  • Create New...