Jump to content

Headstall

Signature Author
  • Posts

    52,247
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Headstall

  1. Hey, dugh. Same here. I had my bedroom window open all night and it was really cool in my room.
  2. Second hottest year on record globally. Getting scary. Hey, B. Stay warm.
  3. Headstall

    New Perspectives

    Yeah, it does bring to mind what Moses birth mother did to try to protect him. Excellent observation, my friend. Gisla knew the importance of her son, but that aside, it was a mother's love that had her hiding him from the hunters. She expected to return to him, but.... Appreciate the comment. Cheers!
  4. A stunning piece of writing. It is not to be missed. Seriously. It is sad, yes, but you would be remiss not to let yourself experience this. Cheers.
      • 4
      • Love
  5. Headstall

    Chapter 1

    This... this was beautiful... beautiful and raw and superbly written. "... savoring this sip of softness..." So many poetic moments, artfully placed and expressed. This is truly a gem, a story I see happening more in my time period (the fifties, sixties and seventies) than this one. That doesn't mean it isn't relevant to today. It made me nostalgic in a painful way, but that is not a complaint. Sometimes, the only way to survive was to hide... and to accept a diminished life. Commendable work that touched me deeply. Kudos to you. Cheers!
  6. Headstall

    Off the Rails

    And now for something completely different. There is fun and imagination to be had in this short story. Give it a shot. Cheers!
      • 3
      • Love
  7. Headstall

    Chapter 1

    Imaginative stuff for sure. I liked the concept, but it did cut short. Fortunately, the beginning lets us know the two stuck together. I think this could be something more of you are so inclined, but what you have was fun to read. Kudos for going in a different direction. Cheers!
  8. Authors tell stories in different ways, and this is well told. We are taken on a journey here, characters revealed quite clearly. There was sadness for sure, but the author prepares us for it. I think there is much to be found in this offering, so I strongly suggest you read it. Cheers!
      • 6
      • Love
  9. Headstall

    Chapter 1

    Wow. Poignant story, Doc. I must confess to tears. I was hoping for a happy ending, but that is not always life. I will confess too that I related to this and understood Carver. Your approach worked well, and that kind of surprised me as I am a believer in showing more than telling, avoiding narration as much as possible. I see this as a recounting of a lifetime shared, though, and I commend you for reaching through. You gave us plenty in order to know these characters. Well done, sir. Cheers!
  10. I just had a walk and the strong breeze in the sun was almost cold. It was lovely... so refreshing. This summer has been too damn hot. Cookie was more lively than I've seen in a while. My cherry tomato plants are producing a ton, and both kinds taste amazing. Hot house tomatoes can't compare.
  11. Hi, Craig. It was just a comment I made offhand to @lucretiaseeks. I'm used to how it all works with ups and downs, but thanks.
  12. Hello, all. Cooler here today. It's weird that I step outside and don't get hit with heat.
  13. Hey, dugh. When I open GA, I always see notifications for likes, letting me know who is reading my stuff and liking it. I like that feedback. There weren't any notifications for about a month... that's what I meant. I'm not complaining, bro, and I do appreciate what support I have gotten in the past. It's just a fact that the older stuff doesn't garner reactions as much as new stuff. The views keep climbing though.
  14. That's you wearing the ball gag, right?
  15. We need an intervention.
  16. It deserved it, buddy.
  17. Three times! Cool! I always get a little excited when this story is read... or reread. And yes, there are breadcrumbs all through the story. I had to have my enjoyment as the writer, and this was my first attempt at a mystery, so the sprinkling was fun. Thanks for the kind words and the chapter likes... please leave a story like too... the big thumb on the front story page... and a story review... if you haven't already. If you can handle crazy, drop by this fan club/chat anytime you want a distraction. Lord knows we are good at distractions.
  18. You're a sweet man, Craig.
  19. Oh, the turkeys came for a visit. Just caught a glimpse of three through the window before they went back into the woods. YES! Now if only my guinea fowl would return.
  20. Pouring rain here. Someone is reading Morningstar and leaving chapter likes. Thanks, @lucretiaseeks ! I was beginning to think everyone had forgotten me and my work.
  21. It took a couple of naps, but yeah. Hi, Tink.
  22. They're practically twins.
  23. Hello, all. Happy weekend.
×
×
  • Create New...