Jump to content
Last Call for Anthology Stories! ×

drpaladin

Site Moderator
  • Posts

    26,288
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by drpaladin

  1. drpaladin

    Chapter 22

    I have doubts Huntington will risk himself.
  2. drpaladin

    Chapter 22

    Forehead?
  3. drpaladin

    Chapter 22

    There is no ATC 200 miles out.
  4. drpaladin

    Chapter 22

    Shifters don't need NV. In the case of the reptilians, red eyes.
  5. drpaladin

    Chapter 22

    I'll be nice and not ask how Kasar got his goons past customs. If you must do battle, do it at a place and time of your own choosing.
  6. drpaladin

    Chapter 21

    It's WEDNESDAY!!
  7. From a classical perspective, the Greek myth of Sisyphus, condemned to eternally struggle rolling a boulder to the summit of a mountain only to have it roll back to the bottom endlessly, epitomizes indefatigable.
  8. From the Latin indefatigabilis.
  9. LOL When I saw the Word of the Day, my first thought was the Energizer Bunny. It has to be one of the most successful ad campaigns of all time.
  10. Brutal, efficient, and merciless. Never get on Fonith's bad side. I had wondered how they could take on the Ulaa Lah, but this ship is formidible. I do wonder how she normally operates those cannons since she seems to work alone.
  11. drpaladin

    Chapter 7

    As promised, the boys have all prospered. Ned sees much of himself in his grandson. Will history repeat itself?
  12. drpaladin

    Chapter 6

    The lesson is the importance of balance.
  13. drpaladin

    Chapter 5

    Love and hope. They will have to sustain Ned for a long time.
  14. drpaladin

    Chapter 4

    Knowing you are trapped and must kill the one you love is a fate I would wish on no one. Ned has learned what he needed to get through tomorrow.
  15. drpaladin

    Chapter 2

    I hope Peter didn't suffer the fate we are assuming.
  16. drpaladin

    Chapter 1

    Yes. Shirley Jackson's story immediately came to mind. Peter's thoughts of never returning are grim.
  17. drpaladin

    Prologue

    The stage is set for what I hope will be a great tale.
  18. drpaladin

    Prologue

    It was a head note in 1886's Santa Clara County v. Southern Pacific Railroad. Penumbras almost always cause problems.
  19. I dispute this and this is something I have researched for years. Sure, WWII is closer to us in time and easier for most to understand so it was popular subject in TV and movies. Perhaps this is where this illusion dwells. There are those in every generation who want to forget the conflicts they've been in, but there are also those who see the value in memory.
  20. I don't find it unlikely they'd miss old tech if they didn't recognize what it was for. To them it was just some antique.
  21. So few stories? There are plenty of them. Johnny Got His Gun, A Farewell to Arms, Storm of Steel, and All Quiet on the Western Front come to mind offhand, but there are many others.
  22. drpaladin

    Chapter 41 S1

    I found the no food service odd also. The owner is rather eccentric and it might lay in an unwillingness to hire more workers and deal with it all. It used to have a restaurant, bar, theater, pool, and a speedway. A ride on the miniature railroad at night around the lake is said to be spectacular. Their are also many Freemason symbols in the architecture.
  23. Knowing a bounty hunter and a hacker makes locating the Ulaa Laa and a possible destination much easier.
  24. This wouldn't be a problem if nuclear weapons were used more often. lol
  25. Retrench is from the French retrencher meaning to take out or remove .
×
×
  • Create New...