I feel a little bad for Carter, but as the old saying goes, "Piss or get off the pot." He needs to man-up and make a choice. Sadly, it may be too late. And Jackson is really hurting, but maybe he shares some of the blame for not being realistic. I guess being in love can mess with your rational self. Thanks.
Please don't think I was criticizing your writing. My comments were meant as an observation. I thoroughly enjoy your stories and wouldn't change them. Sledgehammer away!
I want to reiterate what Tim said so well. You must remember when this story is happening to understand the homophobia. It is typical of the attitudes of the time (70s?). This is not meant as an excuse, but as an explanation. Jeff's alcoholism adds to the problem.
This school repeats themes that show up in your stories. Women being aggressive; men being bullied and cowed. This is exaggerated from reality, but to me, these days being male is a bit of a tightrope walk. It seems from the story the three choices are gay or rapist or neutered. All appearing to be demeaning insults from women. I am wondering how Frankie survives in this school, since he is none of those. I can't wait to see what effect his report has.
Very clever! You sound like you have been reading and learning from Rigby Taylor.
Since it's been a while, I went back five chapters to reread and remind myself what's been happening. Your story is just as enjoyable the second (or is it third?) time around! I had kind of forgotten how much I love these characters! I also reread the story about the hunky guardian angel. It was also fun to read again! Thanks for this new chapter. I look forward to more.
Hey Tim! Thank you so much for sharing this story! I can't begin to tell you how much I am enjoying it! Now that I'm caught up, I will need to be patient.
You have created three very appealing characters! I am really enjoying the dialogue you have written. It sounds very real. I can hear them talking in my mind as I read. Thank you.
This is a most promising beginning. Intriguing was the word that came to mind. I see many commenters felt the same. I am a little behind, so I can binge a bit before my patience needs to be invoked. Thank you.
Happy Birthday!! I hope there is cake and some fun adventure for you.
Love this story, even if there are a few hard to read parts. Love Mick and the guys. I really loved the phone conversation between Mick and his mom and sister! The snuggles at the end was sweet. Thank you.
I never realized there was a small autobiographical part to CJ's story. Or maybe cameo is a better description? 😆 I have Florida on my bucket list. When it comes to the top of the list I'd like to hire you to create an itinerary. You always make the travel so interesting! And thanks for a visit with Harley. It's been too long.
Too many people to worry about! My biggest concern is for Simon. I hope he has found some place safe, or at least sort of safe. With his family's conservative religion, I doubt he has anyone to turn to there. Your writing really captures the emotions of the characters and the feelings of the time period. Thank you.
So, being gay is not genetic or a choice? It is caused by aliens? 😄 Humor aside, I really like this story! I can't wait to see where things go from here. Thanks.
This was a good story. The place it ended was a good place. Maybe there will be another short story about life for Liam after coming out? I do wish we had learned more about the young Polish man and his abusive partner. Thank you for sharing this story.
It will be interesting to see if Jerry and Tony going missing will come back to bite them. Add to my Rigby Taylor list an interesting house with an amazing garden. 😉 This is a good story. Thanks for sharing!
It is good to see Connor muddling through and trying to move forward. The inner and outer dialogue feel real and appropriate for what is happening in Connor's life. How is Connor supporting himself and Leon if he keeps turning down work?
Do you suppose over thinking is a trait of gay men in general or mostly gay men in gay fiction? (rhetorical question) Although I have never experienced it, I do believe a child adds a whole extra layer of complication in starting a romantic relation. You are doing a great job conveying Connor's lack of confidence in starting an adult relationship. He seems to be more comfortable being a dad. Maybe that confidence will carry over. I am really enjoying this! Thank you. I also wanted to say I am enjoying the one sided phone conversations now that I understand what they are. Very clever!
This was a good chapter. Connor seems to be adjusting to parenthood. I always felt it was easy to put your child first, but I still think parents need to put themselves first once in a while. What's the saying? Something like you can't take care of someone else unless you take care of yourself. Thanks.
I like Connor. Didn't like the one sided phone conversation until I figured out that it was one sided. I look forward to what comes next! I am a bit behind, but catching up will be quick. Thanks.