centexhairysub
Members-
Posts
11,878 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by centexhairysub
-
Solicitor's Surprise
centexhairysub commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in Solicitor's Surprise
What a total ass. Their father was a total prat. And I concur, the church probably had their hand in part of the till. I would sick a barrister on them so fast, the minister's head would still be turning. I hope that he is able to be closer to his sister and nephew. I still think the ex should be skinned alive. -
Sad, but I know that this happened to more than a few friends of mine back in the 70's and 80's and probably still does today. Unfortunately, not all of them manage so well. Really great start, I know I am coming in late. I can't wait to see what happens.
-
What a truly delightful chapter. And Granger must truly have the luck of the Irish to take his Majesty into battle, even one such as this and everything go so well. Calvert is back; I know that George is happy, but can't say that I am. LOL. And what a tale he must have to tell. And don't you know that Granger is going to get a missive from someone about daring to take their Majesties into danger. But the King was impressed, and Granger was able to put his mind at rest about the relationship between he and Calvert, that definitely was a stroke of luck. All of the Royal family that is aboard will have quite a tale to tell in the salons back home.
- 23 comments
-
- 17
-
-
-
There are few things better than a truly great horror story; but it is truly one of the hardest things to get right.
-
February CSR Feature: The Weakest Link: Teenage Triumphs Edition by AusGlitterati
centexhairysub commented on Cia's blog entry in Gay Authors News
Jane Lynch was the only thing worth watching on that show. Loved her, could not believe how idiotic some of the contestants were. -
Well, that was something. Nature stepped in to help the boys repulse this group. While that is great, it will not work against the governmental forces; at least nothing short of major flooding, wildfire, or earthquakes. Few things are as scary as Government in search of a dollars or jobs. The guys are going to need to get all the rest and prep time they can. The fight has just begun. The company men don't know what to make of these occurrences, so they look for something logical. That will be to their detriment, but while that may make them easier to anticipate how they will react, it will make them more determined then ever.
-
Not an end but a beginning
centexhairysub commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in Not an end but a beginning
A very nice chapter before the break. I am glad that Brian, Gordon, and Toby seem rather settled, and it now appears fully legally sanctioned. Of course, the wedding will add to that. I do think that Russ fits in nicely; how much he fits in; really is still to be determined. I don't think that Russ could come between Brian and Gordon. He can add to their relationship, but don't see him interfering with it. Plus, he and Toby get along well, so that is a plus. I hope that Toby and Noel continue to be friends, even if they move apart in other ways, they are good for each other. Deidre would be better calling and maybe popping in for a rare visit; but I still think that one will cause issues at some point. Denise is a rare sort. She knows enough when to stay out of her son's life and when he and his needs a little something from her. Can't wait to see what these characters get up to next.- 18 comments
-
- 14
-
-
-
Weekly Wrap Up (Jan. 29 - Feb. 3)
centexhairysub commented on wildone's blog entry in Gay Authors News
Happy that your friend has decided to make a positive change in his/their life. It is always easier to do something like that with another; but in the end you have to do the work yourself, and that is never easy. Kudos to them. I have never understood the idea of the polar bear plunge, although I resemble one. LOL. And yes, January just flew by. Never do resolutions, just find them tedious. If you want to make a change, just pick a day and start, but don't make a huge production out of it. -
WOW, totally loved this chapter. I am glad that Will and Travis are getting to spend some quality time doing something that they both enjoy before they head their own ways for a while. I am loving JJ and Kris. Still sad about Carullo, but I can totally see JJ being into Kris and his heritage. I honestly think that was one of the attractions with Alex when they were together. JJ has his quirks, but I love him. And at least he knows himself, which is more than so many his age do. Of course, the amount of therapy he has had would have helped him with this. But therapy only works when you put in the effort, and I really believe that JJ has done so. Shopping and then the theatre; can there be a gayer doubleheader than this? I think that JJ needs to be with someone a little older than him with a little more experience in the world. JJ's past has given him a skewed version of somethings and having someone that can help him to see different points of view; without trying to run his life, is something that he would clearly benefit from. Cannot wait to see where Mark goes with this next.
-
Oh, I just love voting on things. How often can I vote??? LOL
-
Chapter Eleven: Whispers
centexhairysub commented on drown's story chapter in Chapter Eleven: Whispers
Let's hope that whatever magic that Dave is doing holds long enough for the rest of them to start whatever they need to do. So many unknown connections are coming to light. Beatrice did what she could to protect them; and Theodore obviously is a malevolent evil creature that must be found and an end put to him. Hey, don't disparage soup. It can fix a multitude of issues and problems.- 57 comments
-
- 14
-
-
-
Thoroughly enjoyed this chapter. Despite his initial thoughts; Russ ended up fitting right in with the rest of them. And Arman even did when he helped with the BBQ or was driving and dealing with Toby. Brain and Gordon like Russ, and Russ clearly likes them; but with Toby in the mix they needed to be surer of their feelings and I think after this weekend they are. Now, back to the daily grind and seeing how everyone else is.
- 12 comments
-
- 11
-
-
-
Some great things to check out; and anything by @Mark Arbour, is worth a reread.
-
Soup is always good; and can fix more things than people realize. Love the descriptive writing, truly first rate. The pacing in this chapter is excellent as well. Grey suddenly speaking Druidic caught everyone off guard.
-
Just feel sad...
-
Chapter Eight: Wepwawet
centexhairysub commented on drown's story chapter in Chapter Eight: Wepwawet
Already adore Edna more than I already did before she even said anything. Grey and Dave need to have several conversations; but first to save the world. And aways we go. -
Anytime Druids are involved; you can bet that there are big happenings in the offing. And Clara is right, nature is so powerful that for it to be so out of balance is something powerful at play.
-
Okay, this might actually explain a lot.
-
A curse is never something to take lightly. But they need a lot more information before they try and deal with this.
-
Okay, color me confused but thoroughly entertained. I really like Clara...
-
Chapter Three: Strawberry
centexhairysub commented on drown's story chapter in Chapter Three: Strawberry
What the hell, the backstory left more questions than it gave answers. This was just well done; but not sure how I feel about it really. Will we find out what the curse was, and why did she try and shield Grey from it. -
More interesting second chapter, I do think that Ilike at least the main characters. And the older lady with a smirk. I need a little more backstory as to why he ran, but hopefully that is coming up.
-
I honestly am not sure how I feel about this first chapter. The writing and pacing are good, but don't feel that any of the characters were introduced well enough for me to know if I like any of them or not. That said, intrigued enough to continue to the next chapter. LOL
-
Let's hope the group arrives at the valley before the bulldozers and other machines do. Loved how the situation played out at the meeting, with the protestors, and after the curtain was pulled. You can bet that while Morrisson and Harris were momentarily taken aback; they will come out swinging. These just keeps getting better and better.
-
Weekly Wrap Up (Jan. 21 - Jan. 27)
centexhairysub commented on wildone's blog entry in Gay Authors News
Thanks for the update; and hope you continue to feel better.
