centexhairysub
Members-
Posts
11,878 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by centexhairysub
-
What a delight, the start of another story in the Bridgemont series. We see Granger rushing to London only to be stymied and unable to meet his intended appointment because of Governmental inefficiency. At least he was too much of a gentleman to take it out on poor Petrie. Winkler would have done or said something to help the matter but since he is still with the children, he was no help. Glad to see the issues with Caroline seem to be resolving themselves. I do feel that George has tried to be fair about all of this. That said, I don't feel she was all to blame; but George was right to seek and fight for full custody of the children, which was really the way it was done back then. And although Caroline deserves to be kept up; not at the expense of George or the children in any way. It is strange how our feelings for someone can color our perception of them, even to how they really appear. Dashed back luck for Calvert. Perhaps Granger can reach out and make sure his stay in France is as comfortable as possible. Ah, is there anything than a new Bridgemont story early in the morning.
- 50 comments
-
- 15
-
-
-
Chapter 24 Fair Warning
centexhairysub commented on Headstall's story chapter in Chapter 24 Fair Warning
Great chapter and about time. I am so glad that Jubal decided to buy the land; not just because the price was going to go up at some point, but because it does give him and Lucas some breathing room. And if Reid follows through and buys next to them, even more room. The scene with Reid riding up on the Jubal and Lucas was just perfect. You felt the emotions from them all. And I do think that Reid does more thinking about Billy than he wants to admit. Jubal and Lucas getting ready for bed and then waking up together was just perfect. You could feel the care and tenderness that they felt for each other just leak off the page. The way they each looked out for the other in different ways. Can't wait to see what happens next.- 117 comments
-
- 20
-
-
-
Jason's reaction was the primary reason that this job sounded a bit iffy to start with, and the Monday nude day as well. In a workplace environment, someone feeling like this and then filling a complaint with a governmental work relations body could cause issue that are bigger than just not bringing him back on another job. Even though the rest of the group got a kick out of the job and the extra money, it only takes one to cause problems. And Philippa's attitude helps matters a great deal, but maybe not enough to offset someone that really wanted to push the issues. The pictures sound lovely, and glad that those at work got a kick out of them. The pictures do have to be placed properly. You would want them were they could be easily seen; but I agree, not in your face. You have to realize Toby's will have mates around, and they are certainly going to have a say about them. Toby is enthused about the holiday trip and Brian was right; this trip must focus on Toby. Toby likes Russ and will enjoy showing him what he has found; and I rather think that even if he doesn't realize it yet, Russ rather likes being Uncle Russ. Plus, a rather nice getaway weekend at a luxury resort with just the three of them would make a lovely chapter.
- 8 comments
-
- 14
-
-
-
January Signature Author Feature: Furlough by Mark Arbour
centexhairysub commented on Cia's blog entry in Gay Authors News
Truly an outstanding story, although by Mark's standards rather short. LOL. The writing just draws you in and has such an intimate feel to it. @Mark Arbour has such a way with characters and just makes you really feel about them immediately. How you feel may change, but there is a visceral feeling that he creates that has such impact. -
This is the rare CAP story that I think you could read and totally enjoy even if you had never read any of the others. You might have a few things that puzzled you but the enjoyment of what happens would be such that you could read and enjoy and totally embrace the events here in. Writing, flow, and character development are as always superior. But the sheer adventure contained in this story is magnificent and allows the reader to simply wonder in the sheer joy of it all. There is everything in this story; love, hate, sex, violence, murder, and so much more. But the overriding theme is family is who we choose to make it; and the lengths we go to protect those that we call family. Another triumph @Mark Arbour, Bravo...
-
Totally clueless....
- 6 comments
-
- 4
-
-
- author guess who
- author interview
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Great chapter, but I agree with @Daddydavek, never underestimate the lengths that big business and those that support them will go to get their way. The number of people that die mysteriously or simply disappear to prevent their standing in the way of so-called progress is shocking. Our intrepid group will continue to stand firm, but will it be enough, we can hope. Auntie has been around too long and faced to many to be afraid, but those that care about her; have to be worried about this latest threat. I believe that Michael will continue to play a part in this; how big of a part will remain to be seen. Great work.
-
Let's hope they did not have any legal reason to be taping Taylor in a way that could implicate Will in anything. It isn't easy to get a wire tap on someone in a mental institute or hospital, but it can be done. The plan makes sense. It gives Big and Taylor the money, it exonerates Zach, it allows everyone to move on without anyone finding out what a F*#ked up family situation was going on. Big can do his thing, Taylor and Zach and hopefully disappear off the face of the earth, Travis can become an actor; although I am pushing for Broadway. Will and Travis can decide what they are. Jake can try and make peace with his mother, and maybe Miranda. Or, Brad can hire a hit man to off everyone that annoys him. Great chapter, Let's see what happens next.
- 38 comments
-
- 14
-
-
-
-
After-party and more
centexhairysub commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in After-party and more
Let's hope that Brian and Gordon continue to enjoy their time with Russ. I think Toby is beginning to get a little attached and clearly likes the man. I really like the fact that Brian and Gordon are so open with Toby. They don't need to provide salacious details, but being honest is oh so important. Drew and Evie clearly like Russ as well. I don't think that Toby would be the kind to go overboard on his birthday, more likely something that means something to him. Great update, can't wait for the next one.- 12 comments
-
- 14
-
-
-
Some interesting category choices.
-
So many things to check out.
-
Chapter 23 In the Bright Light of Day
centexhairysub commented on Headstall's story chapter in Chapter 23 In the Bright Light of Day
What a wonderful chapter, and so eloquently written. I found this very sweet on so many levels. I am so happy that they finally got their feelings out in the open and can start to explore what they mean to each other, and no, not just physically. That said, the physical was mighty fine. Of course, Lucas is injured and that has to be taken into consideration for anything they do. But a lovely start to what I hope will be a fulfilling relationship on so many levels.- 79 comments
-
- 14
-
-
-
Let's hope they can get everything they want to do done in such a short amount of time. I am glad they are bringing Michael on board; I think he will help I do want to get back to Auntie and the others though. You know the bad guys are not just taking time off. We, humans, have done so much damage to every part of this wonderful planet. I am not sure that we can even mitigate that damage in any meaningful way at this point.
-
Weekly Wrap Up (Dec.31 - Jan. 07)
centexhairysub commented on wildone's blog entry in Gay Authors News
Find more time for family and friends. Find more time to read and expand my base of authors that I go to. -
It is a hell of a ride from start to finish. This saga has it all. The writing is first rate. There are some amazing characters; a couple among my favorite on this site. One in particular starts out as almost an afterthought; and yet becomes oh so important to the story and all the readers who came to love him. You need to read the books in order, but start and you will not be able to stop.
-
What a wonderful way to end it...
- 140 comments
-
- 11
-
-
-
Sounds like a real hoot. I am glad nothing really serious happened, I had been a little worried. The guys all took it in stride; professionalism shows through. Cant wait to see what happens next.
- 10 comments
-
- 10
-
-
-
OMG, Will and Travis are such a delight, I loved the last scene. I think as long as someone ponies up the money, Big will be okay with the plan; but will Taylor? No one has any idea what she has said or what she might say, has she had a complete breakdown or is she lucid? Inquiring minds want to know. Zach is family, and no matter what, this extended family protects its own. That said, I would not mind if he had to suffer a little bit at least. Excellent chapter, can't wait to see what happens next...
- 33 comments
-
- 10
-
-
-
Another book into the New Reality saga, I still going strong. You definitely need to read the first two books first, or you will be hopelessly lost. I love these characters and find the writing is generally good. The pacing of some of the chapters seems off a little to me; and I do think that some of the chapters have too much going on. Not sure if they should be split, or hell, it could just be me. I do really appreciate the fact that @Justin4Fun is creating his own ethos in regard to the vampire lore of the past. He has done a really good job of creating an interplay between the traditional and bringing a really fresh look to some of the idea behind the Vampire world. Can't wait for the next book to continue.
-
Well, let's all hope that book four is ready to post. I really like this chapter; a lot of information was revealed; but we can sort of see where some of the future is going. Greg is always going to be protective of his friends, no matter what.
- 36 comments
-
- 17
-
-
-
2024 Writing Events - In Full Swing!
centexhairysub commented on Valkyrie's blog entry in Gay Authors News
As soon as I get that time machine I asked Myr for, I will start on the tribute. -
Story Archive Tech - What do you need?
centexhairysub commented on Myr's blog entry in Gay Authors News
Can you arrange a time machine? I need more time to read.- 19 comments
-
- 12
-
-
-
-
Ask An Author 3.0 - A New Year!
centexhairysub commented on astone2292's blog entry in Gay Authors News
What is your favorite story/collection on Gay Authors? The CAP and Bridgemont series are my favorite; although I could list a dozen or so that are close behind. What is your favorite food? Mexican are more specifically Tex-Mex, Fajitas... If you could accomplish one thing for 2024, what would it be? Spend more time with friends. I enjoy the ask an author, and think it is well done. Not sure how I would change it.- 14 comments
-
- 13
-
-
I do understand why you chose to end the story the original way; and I do not think you should have changed it just to accommodate our opinions. Your writing is yours, first and foremost. That said, I do appreciate this ending more. I do feel if the original ending had not been so jarring; I am not sure how you would have done it; but if you had given some hint that what was happening was not the reality of the story, I think it would have been able to be accepted more.
- 37 comments
-
- 11
-
-
-
The four of them just have something so special. And I am sure that vacation will be one to remember. I love that the Williamson's have been able to stay with the pack, this just seems a little unusual, but like it. Kage was truly one of the most interesting characters that I have ever encountered on this site, or any others site really. He was complex and driven and just truly unique in a way that I still can't describe. Will hate when @kbois closes the book on this saga; but we must all respect the muse that drives those that create these wonderful stories.
- 166 comments
-
- 11
-
