Jump to content
Bot Attack ×

centexhairysub

Members
  • Posts

    11,882
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by centexhairysub

  1. A terrifying look at what we could be facing unless enough people wake up to the real danger here in the US; even though the story took place in Europe. Well written and the pacing and character development was so well done. Full of adventure and real genuine fear; a dash of heroism and revenge at the end.
      • 10
      • Love
      • Like
  2. centexhairysub

    September 2050

    Truly excellent short story; well written and pacing was good, the character development was excellent as well. A wild ride full of adventure and a look at what our future could be. I am truly worried that we might not be looking at what could happen just in England but in the USA and other places as well.
  3. This was a truly remarkable journey of one person figuring out their life and how to live it and where they fit in. The writing and pacing were spot on and the character development was beyond good. Can't say much without giving anything away; but this story runs the gamut from some humor, some true hatred, some wit and wisdom, and everything in between. The trigger warning is there for a reason; and this story is not for everyone; but for those that can deal with the subject matter, it is beautifully done. Finding out how you fit in when you know you are different is hard beyond belief; but having some support is crucial. The lead character has one parent and some good friends, and finally a good therapist; but can that overcome true hatred from another parent? Have a drink of good whiskey, and try to maybe have some music playing that really helps you center yourself; then read the story and find out...
      • 15
      • Love
      • Like
  4. centexhairysub

    Chapter 1

    I truly cried, laughed, and felt real pain reading this story. You are truly a remarkable writer. The emotion and feelings just poured off the page. Even though this was a rather long short story; the character development was just so amazing. The writing and pacing were both first rate as well. I really felt Shay overcame so much. The real hate that they had to deal with from their mother was heartbreaking. I guess you don't know if their mother's mental illness was responsible for the hate she felt toward her child or did the hate she felt toward her child exacerbate her mental illness? Needless to say, either was terrible but at least Shay had their Dad, Nana, and some really good friends to help them through it all. I am glad that they finally resumed their therapy and that their doctor was able to help. Wish I could say that I was shocked at how mad so many of the early therapist were at dealing with the issues involved; but really not. Hope that they are able to have a new and better relationship with Griffin and maybe even get Tori and Andy back into their life. Just so well done.
  5. centexhairysub

    Chapter 27

    I really really did not want it to be Neall. I cannot imagine what his family will be going through; but at least they will have closure. Kenneman needs to die a really horrible death, if he isn't dead already. I still have to wonder if Huntington could not be cleaning up some messes to try and keep far enough under the radar that others in his world don't find out what he did. I really wish that Tyler had not looked at that email. Could it have had something imbedded to track him and Elijah? Iva am glad that they are taking a few days off to see the Grand Canyon; something that everyone should visit. Maybe if they are being tracked it would throw whomever off; make them think they are really just on a vacation. I am someone that thinks dreams can have meaning; not all dreams but some of them. I have always remembered more of my dreams than most other people that I know; and have found that at times there was guidance or warnings contained within; perhaps just my own mind warning me, but who knows. Wonderful chapter....
  6. centexhairysub

    Chapter 26

    Okay, I am going with a few others and here is hoping that the body is not Neall's but some other unfortunate. Would you really pay a king's ransom for a hybrid pup and then kill it; then even more stupidly leave it in a building you owned to be found by anyone??? Kenneman doesn't seem to have tight security like a few others in this story. Maybe Huntington or some of the others involved with the hybridization process is starting to clean up their mess trying to keep from being traced and decided to take care of Kenneman? Excellent chapter, cannot wait for Saturday.
  7. centexhairysub

    Chapter 47

    I so love the idea that JJ is basically Blair from Facts of Life. I was way to old to have liked that show as much as I did when it was on the air originally. And Blair was really my favorite character by the end of the series run. I felt that she grew and changed the most out of any of the characters on the show.
  8. centexhairysub

    Chapter 47

    I guess that I will have to go back and watch it; don't think I have seen it in over 20 years. I thought Skip was one of the first people to change color after he had sex with Mary Sue/Jennifer character? Damn, maybe I just thought he was too good looking to be bad, LOL. Will have to try and find the movie to watch again.
  9. centexhairysub

    Anticipation

    Loved this chapter; glad to see that the gathering of the bears for this change has been so beneficial in spreading goodwill among the bears and some of the others. Seems like a good time is being had by all. Honestly, can't believe Curtis is so stupid that he hasn't even thought through what the so called gift could be. There has always been issues between different groups and he just blindly accepts this assignment because of the money. Even if the Benefactors were using him as a spy; he doesn't seem very bright. The Benefactors seem to be just playing each group against each other when they want. They are supplying information that they want disseminated and when they want it to get out. Don't seem to be truly working toward anyone one groups benefit or for the benefit for all. Already don't trust them; but truly don't respect them now. All the groups may have contact with the their own special Benefactors, although the bears obviously don't appear to; these groups need a lot more information on this group of whatever's. Supreme Alpha Taylor may be taking action behind the scene. He probably does not know who the spy for the Benefactors are and we don't know if they shared this information or not. Axel has no idea how accurate his words could come to be. No matter what; both the wolves and especially the bears are going to be very unhappy with the idiot lions in Africa.
  10. centexhairysub

    Chapter 15

    WOW, I cannot believe that Nettleman is this big of an ass and an idiot. You cannot lay hands on a student; period, unless the student is attacking you and you have to defend yourself. Nettleman is gone, if the school board does not fire him immediately, the legal exposure to them would be unimaginable. Love how Darius and Parker are with each other; and loved that Natalie got so embarrassed by getting to see what she did. Honestly, surprised a little how well the parents are all taking this. Parker does have something to worry about; rarely do high school relationships survive the separation of college, even long term ones and this one is very new. The walkout by the students will lead to additional issues for both Nettleman, if he has not been fired already, and the school in general. Towns like Somerset rarely like to believe that their schools are anything but perfect, no one will handle a demonstration that shows differently well. Keep up the great work, can't wait for the next update.
  11. centexhairysub

    Chapter 47

    I don't think that Skip really turned out to be terrible on in the inside at all. He was one that proved to stand with protagonist in that story; stood up against those trying to uphold the status quo.
  12. centexhairysub

    Chapter 48

    Oh, Hell to the No.... I don't know whether to summon JP and see who his mafia connection is now to have someone removed permanently; or jump for joy, because I can't see Will putting up with this at all. Zach better have a better excuse than he wanted to see what Travis would do since Will and him had some vibes going on earlier in the party. WOW... I am so impressed with Will's walk by himself and contemplation earlier. He seems to be really coming to realize how to analyze and recognize what is going on and why he is doing certain things. Will and Travis had a great conversation; and Travis really did explain why he just couldn't open up fully. Travis seems to realize that he might need someone but just truly doesn't understand who to trust or what anyone could do to help him. I truly hope that tape recorder picked up much more than Will was able to; I would love a little more detailed info, plus getting really good sound effects of Curtis Buck screwing a 16 y/o girl at a part his family is throwing might prove to be really beneficial to have at some point soon. I am pretty sure that the age of consent in California is 18 no matter male or female. I think it is illegal for anyone 18 or older to sleep with anyone under 18. Curtis Buck could be in serious trouble, irrespective of how much money he has. A really interesting chapter, Mark. Can't wait for the next one... Wonderfully done as always.
  13. The initial section with Vincent and Jake was a real delight. You can totally see why his fellow auditor fell for the guy. And I may actually have to try at least one of those drinks. The dueling with Yakob was very informative on more than one level. You can see that Vincent is almost ready to face Stephan. The ending leads me to believe that Yakob has passed on; but was it just his time, or did he have help. The simple joy that Vincent and Mace have just spending time with each other is simply amazing. They are truly destined mates. Can't wait to see what happens next. I am not sure how many more blows Vincent can truly absorb before the coming battle.
  14. centexhairysub

    Chapter 66

    Granger has done much for Calliope and her reputation. I am glad that running into the fleet and getting those orders did not take long. The visit to Copenhagen also was rather brief, although the personage from the British embassy proved to be rather late and annoying. Glad he got to taste the harbor water as he left. And the idea that he could be rude to Granger was so annoying, plus telling him who could be on his own ship... Hans Van Hjelmeland may be severely wounded but perhaps Anson and his new found confidence will see him through this. Hate to see anyone treated the way this man has been; especially their own people doing so. At least he did not lose anything important in getting the injury; and sounds as if it was a lucky miss. On a personal note, most of those that are of Nordic or Scandinavian descent that I have meet and enjoyed seem to have similarly impressive appendages. Let's hope that perhaps Granger has a place for him on his ship or company and in his bed perhaps... Fully agree, may she rest in peace; although with her heir, not sure how much that will be possible once the initial grief is over with. Thank you as always, Mark, just too well done.
  15. centexhairysub

    Chapter 25

    Reading this chapter and hearing his mother talk about Neal really brought home what this mission is all about; brining the pups home no matter what. That means in hybrid form in most cases but also just bringing the certainty of their passing or having gone rogue in nothing else. As much as the pups have suffered; perhaps the family has suffered nearly as much; and the unknown can be so hard on them all. Elijah and Tyler will both have hard times with this mission; but they both have unique skills that will help them get through it and hopefully be successful. Tyler handled the mother just perfectly. Can't wait for the next chapter; but do enjoy your time away, @kbois.
  16. centexhairysub

    Chapter 47

    OMG, you are evil; you almost, just almost made me like Zach for like 30 seconds. But then I realized that he is not going to change and Will cares to much to force the issue; and I hated him again, but it was close for minute. Will, Darius, and Zach were too funny in the limo and loved how they played the game and got everything covered and then Will showed up later with his little recorder; but who exactly does he think he is going to record? Damn, is Will going to make out with all three of the Buck kids? Can he free them from their father's asshole behavior? Tune in next week; same Bat channel, same Bat time to find out... I was really hoping that Alaister might make an appearance. He is one of the few characters in this saga that really stood out for me; I have always wondered what happened to him.... Great job as always Mark; can't wait for the next update to this wonderful story...
  17. centexhairysub

    Chapter 24

    I am so glad that Tyler is finding himself so comfortable and even found a playmate; I don't think it is anything but physical release; but that can be very important from time to time. I understand why going after the most recent taken; but I would have worked the other way. I would worry that even a few more weeks or months might make those taken earlier go feral and how horrible if you just missed getting to them in time. I can't wait for the teams to hit the road; and they have the machines to do so. Let's hope they are able to start filling the new areas at the lodge faster than anyone expects. When Elijah has one of his moments and Tyler is there for him; you can just feel the emotions rolling off the page.
  18. centexhairysub

    Chapter 46

    I am starting to worry a little about Will's use of illegal substances. I know that he doesn't appear to have an addictive personality and doesn't seem to crave the high/feelings from any of the drugs; but the fact that he can't seem to be around them without partaking is troublesome. Plus, I worry that he will get so out of it while using something that he simply does something that he will ultimately regrets. Will handled the frat party with little issues, except for making Zach pissed off and is that really a bad thing? He got to show Dan that size is nice but not the only thing that makes for a good time. How serious is Darius about this girl; he sort of blew off Will for her; can you be serious about anyone named Saturn? There is always a price to pay for mixing that many substances. Let's hope Will never finds out how high it can be. Well done as always, Mark, Bravo...
  19. Wow, just so loved this chapter. I found Vincent talking about his training with the other shadow mages very telling. He is working on making himself stronger and not afraid to get help from anyone he can. I love how Vincent and Mason handled arriving at the South Dakota pack and dealing with traveling to the lodge from the gate. Ralph seems like a real hoot. The new Alpha seems to be working as diligently as he can. Really impressed with how Vincent handled both talking to Kaplan and his parents. I hope they can start to repair their relationship soon. Cyrus did the right thing; even if there are some in the pack that do not realize it yet.
  20. centexhairysub

    Chapter 23

    I just can't tell you how well done this one was. I am so glad that Tyler was able to help and seems to be fitting in much better than he thought he would; having him around makes it easier on Elijah. Logan and Tyler were hot, and so glad they are going to be able to let off some steam with each other until everyone starts heading out on their missions. Sebastian talking about having to maybe put some of the pups down if they have gone feral really brought it home that they will probably lose some of the pups. Made me want to do something horrible to each and every person involved in this whole fiasco; death is simply too easy for anyone that did this, helped in this, or profited from this.
  21. centexhairysub

    Chapter 14

    I know that a Ha Ha was probably not the right selection as most of the chapter was serious to scary; but the last scene was just to funny. I swear I saw sparkly rainbows dancing before my eyes as I read the last couple of lines. I am glad that Darius and Parker have each other; and now everyone close to them will know how important they are to each other. That said, I do hope they take their relationship slow and steady. Make sure they know each other and what they really want as they move forward, together as a couple but hopefully friends as well. I do think the Chief may be in more trouble then he realizes; and I would love for this to come back on Nettleman, but I would not even fully bet on Dan getting a long term suspension. Someone, Nettleman, is going to try to make this Parker's fault. Let's hope he can't do so. Am just so enjoying this story; can't wait for the next update.
  22. Another wonderful addition to the Pern stories here on this site; I truly find them all amazing and a great tribute to the original series. This story was especially well done. The writing and pacing were just first rate all the way through this wonderful story. We went from a hold where the protagonist father did not believe the fall was coming to Pern again; to his son, albeit without his father's support impressing a dragon. There was many adventures and twist and turns in the story; but it came to a more than satisfactory conclusion. There are a few details that I hope we get to find out in additional stories about some of the issues at the hold before the boys flee. I believe there was at least one murder that no one really thought was a murder; and would like to see that fully resolved. While I do think a reader could read this book without going back and reading all the others; I would suggest at least reading " Gone Away, Gone Ahead ", this is the fourth book in the ninth pass of Pern. It would be very beneficial to anyone wanting to just drop in on this story to at least have read that one book previously. Bravo.
      • 6
      • Love
      • Like
  23. centexhairysub

    The Hatching

    What a truly joyous chapter; but truly sad to see this story end. I can't wait for the next one to start but rest and gather yourself for the next great addition to this wonderful saga. I am glad that the ones that impressed did so; and even glad to see that Hortaimin did not but got to stay and try again. Away from his father and not getting selected the first time may actually make him a better person. There was such an excellent flow to all of the chapters in this story; and the writing was simply first rate. Can't wait for the next great adventure.
  24. centexhairysub

    Chapter 45

    What a truly wonderful update; and can't wait for Monday. I am so glad that Will called and talked to Susannah and JJ; and he was right, always call a lady first; of course, is she a lady? I can't wait for Will and Darius to get to New York; I just hope that JJ doesn't get to hurt by anything. I am so proud of Will and how he handled the issue with Jeff. I am proud of Jeff that he finally realized after talking to Will that he truly isn't a Wolf but a Wolf-lite. I can't believe that Zach just took a phone from someone and is now shocked that the person that gave him the phone can track him... Even in the early 2000's this was fairly easy to do. Oh lord... The end of the chapter with Jeff was really nice as well. Will doesn't need to sleep with every person that he can; he and Jeff could just turn out to be great friends. Excellent as always Mark, just so well done.
  25. centexhairysub

    Chapter 22

    Okay, the story, great chapter and we get a little peak into the dynamic of the coming stories. Loved the dinner; and Lila was just too adorable. Rosalie and Silas are just perfect. I have missed them. And what a perfect explanation. Tyler is handling this all so much better than I expected. And I guess teaming up with Elijah hunting down the missing would only be about 16 on a scale of 1 to 10 in the danger range. What a wonderful group to belong to and can't wait to see how Sebastian leads them forward. I do wonder if Cassiel might know something to help the geneticist, but we will just have to see. I so want Huntington to truly suffer...
×
×
  • Create New...