Jump to content

centexhairysub

Members
  • Posts

    11,881
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by centexhairysub

  1. centexhairysub

    Chapter 34

    OMG, what a great chapter. I can not even begin to understand what Elijah and Tyler are feeling, especially Tyler. To find out that you are destined mates with someone that you have been hunting for in order to try and save them; and on top of that, they are stuck in a hybrid state that you don't know if can ever be reversed. At least the twins can communicate a little and they are bipedal, but so many issues. It would not shock me at all that Kage was a guardian. No matter what he had done, there was a part of him that was so protective. By the way, I still want to get a scene were those responsible for his death get a truly horrible end. Giles is a good Alpha. Sebastian was right to send Elijah and Tyler to him for help. I do worry about Caleb; I hope something can be done to help him. Corbin did as much as he could with the fact he truly had no idea what was going on. Corbin doesn't eve say anything about who killed Ken Martin; does he know he is dead? Did he do it? I loved the mental image that Elijah had about the others in big spiked collars; my mind went there too... Amazed that Giles thought about music, and so glad that it helped to calm the twins. I just don't know how this is going to play out; but I am so there for the ride.
  2. I personally never use the self checkouts. Too many places are trying to force you to do so. If there are not enough lanes with cashiers; I will just take the time to find a manager and complain.
  3. So wonderful to see that @Mawgrim has started a new story. Already drawn to the characters; and can't wait to see what directions they decide to take. I have always loved the cinemas. Never worked in one; because I knew that I would never be able to pay attention, would always be wanting to sneak in and take just a peek. Like how we are going to get to see characters at different phases of their careers. This will give us some great perspective of how this change will effect different groups.
  4. centexhairysub

    Chapter 33

    Oh hell to the NO... This just got so much more complicated; have no idea how Tyler is going to explain this to his Mama... Well, the direct approach proved to work well. I have to admit that the second the twins started hitting the bars, I wondered why they wanted to get to Elijah and Tyler so badly. They did not seem to be wanting to fight; well fight their clothes off maybe... LOL. Someone is going to have to explain a lot to Corbin Taylor; and he deserves it. He uprooted his whole life to try and help the twins, he just did not know who to go to about them. Did he kill the man that had them; or just rescue them when he was dead? Even though Caleb Micco did betray his pack and the shifters in general; he has paid the price. He tried to do the right thing in the end; and maybe he needs to find some peace. Really, I would have almost expected Elijah to pass out by Tyler??? Well, I guess he might have a good reason this one time. That is going to be one hell of a interesting family conversation in the future...
  5. Hate that we lost Matthias; he truly had grown on me, plus to lose the knowledge and power of an ancient is beyond devastating. I truly feel sorry for Curtis; he was duped completely; those that used him should pay for that as well. The change was magnificent; and to call forth a new clan was simply outstanding. I foresee this as a new unit to fight against those that would harm others for their own gains. I hope the lions of the ALC get their asses handed to them; but I truly blame the Benefactors just as much or even more. Can't wait for the bears and a few select wolves and maybe a tiger or two to arrive in Africa; should be a hell of a bruhaha..
  6. A wonderfully written story that attempts to answer why. Why do so many have such hate in their hearts? Why do so many refuse to do the right thing? Why after so much time; does nothing seem to change? The writing in this story is very good; and the flow to the story is first rate. The character development, however, is what truly made the story for me. You are drawn to each character so quickly, I believe because we all know someone that they will remind you of. They are well rounded and just work on so many levels. A powerful story that tries to make sense of things that for those with open hearts and open minds we just don't understand. While reading you will truly laugh, cry, and feel true anguish. I highly recommend this story, but be warned part of so real they could possible be trigger points for those that have dealt with similar issues in their own lives.
      • 6
      • Love
  7. centexhairysub

    Chapter 20

    I found the ending to your story very moving. I am glad that this story ended on a somewhat upbeat note; I would like to believe that people can change and that the hate so many find beating so strongly in their hearts can be diminished, but not sure that I truly do. This was a story that had so m any layers to it. It was written so well and flowed wonderfully. The characters were especially well developed and really resonated on so many levels. I truly understand why so many have asked for a sequel; but I think you are right, a continuation of this would dilute the power of this story.
  8. centexhairysub

    One Down

    Konstantin did not say anything about Mother; is she dead? Did she stay behind at the house cowering like the foolish idiot she is; or did she find some honor and actually lead the fight? So many unanswered questions abound. I hate that they lost India; but at least she had a last moment with someone that had become special to her; she was able to sense something in Kavan, and she knows that he will meet up with a person deserving of that special blade. If the blade was not meant for Kavan; why did the instrument resonant on a frequency when he touched it? A great chapter; well written and it flowed really wonderfully. I do wonder how long Kavan will wait until he contacts his brothers; or will someone else be stupid enough to do something to one or both of them. Did Warren survive his sire's death? Can't wait for the next update. Just really lovely.
  9. centexhairysub

    Chapter 67

    A wonderful return home to English soil. I do hope they are able to find Dr. Jackson as quickly as possible. I do find that I would hate to lose Lt. Von Hjelmeland. So excited to see that Brookstone has advanced this far; a command of his own and on a ship this size. And we got to see another Eastwyck; they do seem to pop up in the most unexpected places. Granger prevents another disaster; and keeps both Brookstone and Daventry alive and both in one piece. Daventry allowed himself to be used to at least semi protect a woman, the shock of it all. I hope something can be done for Brookstone's sister though. Caroline has been caring for Daventry's son; another reason to stop at Brentwood. I could see her helping to find perhaps just the right person for Daventry to occupy his time and perhaps life with, plus, she is going to want to keep tabs on the child anyway. Leave it to Granger to end up in a parade all the way to London; give everyone something to talk about... Wonderful job, @Mark Arbour; Bravo...
  10. centexhairysub

    Chapter 54

    Children of Fred and Alice Hayes (that have been mentioned): Aaron, Nathan, Arnold (Arnie), Frank, and Jeff. Frank married Brenda. Wally, who is Zach's father, is either the son of Nathan or Arnold; I do not know if that was ever actually established. So Frank would be Zach's great uncle. I doubt that Zach would be written off by the family as a whole; but he will be moved from someone they protect to someone that a watch is kept on. I do not believe that Frank would defend Zach at all. He might defend and fight for Gathan, I know that Frank and Isidore took Zach in and helped him get into a good high school but they both have much tighter ties to Will than Zach.
  11. centexhairysub

    Chapter 32

    Great chapter; and I loved all the details the parents gave on Austin and Ashton; but have to wonder if that almost makes it harder. They were great kids, if they cannot find them or rescue them or they are dead; does that make the situation worse? The twins seem so much like Elijah and Tyler in more than one way. I wonder if the similarities will help them if the twins are found alive? I can see where the direct approach has it's benefits; quick and easy to assess how Corbin Taylor reacts to the question. And the hunt is on....
  12. centexhairysub

    Chapter 54

    OMFG... I am in total shock. I just did not see anything like this occurring at all. I cannot believe that Zach was that stupid. And I do think that Will is right; Zach was more upset at least initially by Travis being with Will and blowing him off than Will being with Travis. I can say that I have never really cared for Zach, literally from the first time he was introduced; but @Mark Arbour has totally surprised me with this chapter. I cannot see Will getting over this; just don't see him as someone that would ever get over a lover hitting him in anger and really trying to hurt him. Will is probably not going to go after Zach; but Zach is in for a world of hurt if he ever needs anything from Will again. Hell, Will even scores in a random hotel hallway without even trying; some people have all the luck. OMG, I just don't even know how to process this... More to come later. WOW!
  13. Have you ever tried a mystery? I would not mind seeing a follow up with Dirk and Ingle in a supernatural thriller mystery.
  14. Book three on the "In the Shadows" trilogy and a fitting end to this part of the story. @astone2292 does set it up so me may see some of these characters in a future story from this universe, just probably not Vincentcentric... Well written as the first two books were; and I did feel the flow of this story was perhaps the best of the three books. Truly amazed at how well the secondary characters are developed and how perfectly they fit into the storyline. The author's take on this paranormal world was unique and really interesting on many levels. We do lose a few people in this one that we have come to truly care about; I cried more than once reading this one. The author has and ability to blend a variety of emotions within one chapter and make them all feel equally valid. I think that most that followed and enjoyed the first two books will enjoy this one as well. That said, I did feel that for me the end was something that I had to really spend some time letting it marinate in my mind and heart after reading it. I found it somewhat disjointed and for me it did not mesh with where I thought the author was taking us. That said, it is his vision and i applaud him staying true to were he believed it should go. The epilogue somewhat redeemed the ending for me but still left me a little disappointed. I can and do recommend this story. The writing and characters were so good that even my feeling of disquiet has to take a backseat to that. I can't give it five stars but I still urge anyone that enjoyed the first two books to continue your exploration of this unique saga.
  15. So sad that it is over.... Really enjoyed getting to see what happened after the battle and how everyone; especially Vincent, Mason, Elaine, and Lei reacted and moved forward. Vincent seems to be at peace; and as long as he is, Mason is going to be happy and okay. I can truly see them as wonderful parents. Nice to get a look at Terik/Eric and how he is changing the body she is changing the body she is now in. The scene at the dinner when they find out who Eric really is was so well done. RJ said just the perfect thing at just the perfect time. I really like how he handled the new situation and what he said to Vincent. Not totally sure about the other two; but would love to see a story with Lowe as the central character as he turns 18 finishing high school or maybe 22ish and finishing college... Thanks for the journey...
  16. centexhairysub

    Chapter 31

    Another wonderful chapter; and I am glad that Elijah and Tyler are back out on the road. I know they are close; but both having dreams of technicolor wolves seem a little much. I am sure it means something; and I have to wonder if the fact that Ashton and Austin have different color eyes has something to do with it; or has their pelts been dyed and they will be a strange color when found? Love that they had a birthday for Ray's birthday; being able to just do something normal must be a relief. Love how Sebastian is using technology to try and make the life of the hybrids easier. Tyler misses home; and he has a great one to miss. But have to wonder if he and Elijah will be returning there when their adventure is over??? Keep up the great work, can't wait to see the search for the twins progress...
  17. centexhairysub

    Chapter 19

    A powerful chapter filled with so many conflicting emotions; just like real life when something like this happens. I truly do believe that eventually the human race will manage to extinct themselves; and it will be because we can never remove the hate from the hearts of so many of us. I think it is easier for people to hate then to try and figure out how to work with others and love one another. Hate allows you to feel superior to others and so many of our leaders use that desire to feel better than someone else for their own evil ends.
  18. Did not say that... But they are currently human.
  19. What a great gift; even better if it is the more advanced shadow dancer rather than just the super cool shadow melder. Can you have more than one gift? Being good with knives has an advantage to swords or other bladed weapons. They are often easier to conceal and use; Kavan says he is not a killer; but would he for the right reason? I worry that the two men are his brothers; I don't think he will ever just walk away from this human family...
  20. What a delicious chapter; so many new things to contemplate. I am starting to wonder if Simone and Warren are as careless as they appear to be. How old is Konstantin? Is Mother any older? What a really wonderful story this is turning out to be.
  21. centexhairysub

    Konstantin

    Let's hope Kavan is able to pull this off. Mother is a bitch; and Simone isn't far behind. She may be a good leader; but this was a stupid move if Konstantin is as powerful and dangerous as it seems.
  22. WOW, had someone recommend this and so glad they did. Loved the first chapter and how it started out... Sucked you right in; LOL...
  23. @astone2292, first of all; suck it up buttercup. You are a writer, if you ever thought you were going to make everyone happy you were delusional to start with. As I stated in my earlier comments; I felt the writing in this chapter is as good as any other chapter in this story. That being said; I do feel that what took place just came totally out of left field and at least for me; did not fit with how the story had progressed. But guess what? I will freaking get over it and so will everyone else. While it is great when others love how your stories go, that is not what is truly important. What is; is that the story you have to tell is told in a manner that you feel represents what you are wanting to convey. The story is the fruit of your labor and in the final analysis all that really counts is that you feel you told the story you wanted to tell. Do NOT, and I repeat Do NOT; let anyone else's words or opinions stop you from writing what you want, how you want. You are a gifted writer that ended a story in a manner that caught a lot of your readers off guard and they reacted. Going over the reviews, I do not see anyone that seemed to attack your writing ability or style; true many were not happy with the resolution, but you do not have to justify that to anyone. Please take a few days a digest the comments, then see how you feel. But remember, not one comment indicated that those writing it were going to stop reading your stories...
  24. I feel certain that my idea of plot twist number 6 has taken hold. I can sense you feverishly rewriting the upcoming chapters to ensure the right amount of sadness and joy that both the story characters and your readers will feel at Zach's death...
  25. centexhairysub

    Chapter 30

    Wonderful chapter; and another success that was played out in another unexpected way. I like the idea of Kage still being there on some level. While Elijah may have issues; Tyler and the others will help him deal with them. Always great to see Rosalie and Silas; and they are able to impart knowledge that might be lost otherwise; perhaps Sebastian should have them give a series of lectures to the pack as a whole. Knowledge is something that should never be wasted or forgotten. You will never know when it will lead you in the right direction. Ray may have more issues since his level of communication is not as strong; plus, losing his grandfather just before being rescued will be hard to deal with, but he will have some great support around him. Cameron seems to be adjusting; but you know there will be moments and times that will still be hard to deal with. Sebastian idea of keeping everyone together as much as possible was spot on; he is just the best Alpha...
×
×
  • Create New...