Jump to content
Bot Attack ×

centexhairysub

Members
  • Posts

    11,881
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by centexhairysub

  1. So glad that the candidates got to get to the hatching ground and see the eggs. I don't understand why everyone wants to scare the newbies but it is like that in so many things, is it to put them off their game or to try and make yourself feel bigger? Glad that the new harper is being so active and wanting to learn more about dragons himself. I do hope that Kadin and others gets a chance to help him with some of the youngsters or others. The size and color of the eggs mean nothing; but you will never convince some of that; and some idiot will try and force his way in front of the dragon he wants; we just have to hope that D'gar has everyone prepared. Can't wait for the next chapter; wonderful update, just perfect.
  2. centexhairysub

    Chapter 14

    Crying so hard....
  3. So Stefan wants to be a God... Well, you don't kill those that provide information for you when you are; so you are disqualified. Love how Mason dotes on Vincent. Something about the coyote pack worries me; but we will see. So glad everything went well for Heather, but I am glad she is sticking with Mason/Vincent's pack. Really Tierney, took you long enough. Great update, can't wait for the next one.
  4. centexhairysub

    Chapter 40

    So happy with this chapter; I have missed Cody and Darius and looks like we get to see them both some in this story. I also always really liked Evelyn and never did like Alex Danvers, so him getting shafted would not make me unhappy. That said, I have always like Jackie, yes, she is tacky as all get out, but still. I can totally see the family, or just Stef and maybe Will and one or two others getting back into Anders/Hayes and making sure it is run right. Plus, getting Cody with this new guy; The top Top in town, a man I really want to meet. Maybe the two entities can help each other out, so to speak. Can't wait to see Cody and Will out on the town, especially throwing in Darius. What a true delight. Can't wait for the next update Mark; say, Tuesday perhaps... LOL
  5. centexhairysub

    Chapter 13

    I really enjoyed the time that Elijah spent with Tyler and then with Papi. I know that cleaning out his parents room was hard; but Tyler was there for him. And yes, the perfumes and colognes can be very hard to just throw away; scent is a powerful trigger for most humans. It causes us to remember times and places, and even feelings and emotions. Papi coming to get the furniture for Elena was important as well. Tyler's parents have always treated Elijah as a surrogate son, and that is so important for him now; it will help to ground him moving forward. I loved the welcome home, but the screaming like a little girl in the shower was just too funny. Kage cares deeply for Elijah, more than I think he even realizes yet. He will do nothing that knowingly risks his life. But I am so glad that he just did not dismiss Elijah's questions and thoughts. Kage took time to consider them and answer them in a thoughtful manner. I am sure that Kage's boss does not want Elijah involved in any way, amateurs in situations like this are a clear liability. That said, Elijah does have certain abilities that might help him, but he just doesn't understand how to use them in this situation. Great chapter.
  6. centexhairysub

    Chapter 64

    OMG, I am so excited; got home from a great evening out only to find this wonderful chapter waiting consumption, what a delightful way to end the evening. Granger is just a truly extraordinary Captain. Few if any Captains of the time would have taken the time to explain to the First Officer how he had fallen short and how to go about regaining his rightful position with the other officers and the crew. He just has a knack for finding the right way to get his knowledge and feelings across without making the other individual feel he is being talked down to or berated in an unnecessary manner. I do hope that Granger is able to find out what the issue with Anson is; but I think that might be a more enjoyable issue than the last one was. I really can't believe that a Captain of the Marine's aboard a ship actually thought he could act in this manner. He certainly does not have the position to rebuke Granger and I doubt has the position in society to rebuke Douglas either. He may have well lost both his military and social standing with his actions. I have a feeling that Lady Kendal may have left Granger a great deal more than that; or at least left him in control of more of her estate than that. It would only allow George to do more for those he cares about moving forward; plus neither of his brothers are the sort to inspire much desire from an elderly relative to leave them much of anything. Daventry realized reading the missives that he is being given more credit than he deserves; and it is to his good credit that he will object, but Granger simply will allow him to have it. Granger has never done anything for self aggrandization but for family and country; that is why he is the man, he has become. Bravo, Mark, truly Bravo...
  7. centexhairysub

    New Candidates

    A great chapter added to a wonderful saga; I just can't say enough how much I enjoy this storyline. Jevikel and Kadin are new to the weyr so they do understand how the new additions feel. They are slightly different as they fled their hold so they could be together, but still. Those coming in will have to learn to understand and accept the ways of the weyr or they will never be happy and most likely never impress a dragon. Can't wait to see what happens next.
  8. centexhairysub

    Chapter 12

    Oh dear, I am not sure how this one will work out. Kage is up against someone that may be as experienced and with the ability to fight back. Kage started the chapter worrying about how much older he would get; was that an omen? Huntington has been around for a long time and in a position of power; that will make him very hard to bring down. I just love the interaction with Elijah. Going out to eat, getting the paint and other sundries to redo a room or two; it is the mundane things that will generally make or break a relationship, and it seems that they have those down pat. I would not mind a little background on Kage's employer. It might give some additional insight into why Kage continues to work for him and why he appears to be so loyal. Kage is a loyal type of guy; I don't think he would stay with someone just because he paid well. Can't wait to see what happens next.
  9. Great chapter, and it flowed ever so beautifully. I did love how Vincent was able to surprise everyone the first time he popped in, just too funny. Holidays and family get togethers can often trigger strong memories for good or bad. Vincent being in among so much love brought up a horrible memory for him; basically being abandoned by this family when his parents died. Of course, that lead him to where he is today and Mason but still. Love how Caleb handled everything with the in-laws. And how truly wonderful that Lowe will be rather unique; maybe he will be something more special than we think he is already.
  10. centexhairysub

    Chapter 39

    @methodwriter85, it was not you that I was referring to having issues with JJ. I have always believed that @sat8997 and I would one day meet in mortal combat over the fate of JJ... 😁🤣😂😜
  11. centexhairysub

    Chapter 39

    Yes, I do agree that the one thing that I have always thought Zach did right was be honest and upfront. I am not even saying that his decision is wrong, no one can make that determination but him. I just think that Will, since we see it from his side, should move even more away from Zach right now: if hey can come back toward each other in twenty five years great but if not that would be okay as well. I totally agree that this is Will's story, not JJ; and have no issues about that. And I also agree that to some extent after the glare of the spotlight; that JJ probably has no issue with Will being seen as the familial Golden Child and JP's successor. My issue is solely that it seems every comment about JJ in the last few stories is snarky or negative. He always seems to be the butt of everyone's joke or some snarky comment about his personality or behavior. And as I said, maybe I am being too sensitive on his behalf. But dealing with adolescents in my professional life makes me a little more aware of how comments and asides can be much more cutting than some can realize; even if he is not there to directly hear them, some will get back to him.
  12. centexhairysub

    Chapter 39

    What a truly delicious chapter. I do love Will when he gets contemplative. He is really exceptionally self aware for someone his age; well really any age. I do think that he and Tony are in a good friend zone; and they really had to work to get there. I have never been as big of a Zach fan as some others have been. I don't ever see him being the long term partner for Will; they may even truly love each other, I doubt it, but baring a significant injury, Zach has another 20 years in football and he is not letting that door to the closet open even a little. Zach has always been insecure on several levels; he isn't risking his life, or what he sees as his life, not even for true love. JP and Stef are just both amazing; especially JP. But I do love how Stef seems to understand Will and so many of the other younger members of the family. Can't wait to see what the dinner is going to be about. Brad needs to except that Will and he are too much alike to ever work together; I am honestly shocked that he even thought it would be a good idea. And Will is right about Jake. If Brad just tries to assign him a position and keep him busy and in a bubble, Jake will never accept or put up with it. As wonderful as I found this chapter, I do have one small bone to pick, and not just about this occurring here but quite often in the last two books. JJ always seems to be the butt of every comment whenever he is mentioned. I know, I like him much more than some others but this is really starting to bother me. I know that Will has been there for JJ a lot over the last few years; and JJ doesn't always show his appreciation but I think he does appreciate what Will has done. That said, it seems that almost every member of the family except for JP, Stef, and Claire have some subtle or not so subtle put down whenever they talk about JJ. Even if it is just a casual comment, JJ always seems to come out worse for wear. We have no evidence this is happening so much to his face but it seems to happen often behind his back. If it is happening in front of him or getting back to him; it is approaching the level of emotional abuse in my opinion. I know working with adolescents makes me more hyper sensitive to this issue but I am beginning to be bothered by it. I know this is not real life; God, if it only was... But I digress, I truly love this saga and have been with it since the beginning and really care about this world that Mark has created. Maybe I am being to vigilant about this; and if I am just ignore me. Plus, I am sure it isn't Mark; but certain insidious individuals that have always been after JJ; trying to get Mark to have a bus run over him.... LOL. Keep up the amazing story, can't wait to see what happens next.
  13. centexhairysub

    Chapter 11

    Parker needs to decide what he truly wants before he gets to involved with Darius. If he isn't sure that he wants more than friendship with Darius then they need to just be friends. The fact the kiss sent him into such a tizzy means he needs to stop and really think about how to proceed. His decision could keep both him and Darius from getting hurt if they start a relationship they are not truly ready for. Even today there are a lot of people that have issues with an interracial relationship; through in the fact that it is a gay relationship and the issues can multiple. And honestly, the homophobia in the Black community is often more than what is found in the public in general. I love how open and honest Parker and his parents are able to be with each other; don't know that many people that had that type of relationship with thei parents at that age. It is great. Love Natalie, and she is right; often the majority of people in a school or community are not racist; as much as just inactive or passive. They do not want to get involved with controversy and all that goes with it. Let's hope they are able to get a better group together next time. I would not hold out much hope that the law enforcement community will do much about the broken windshield. I doubt that anything will happen to either the Sheriff or the patrolman unless much more pressure is brought to bear on the issue. Politicians are notorious for hiding their heads in the sand or pandering to the status quo.
  14. centexhairysub

    Chapter 11

    Damn, glad I hadn't taken a shower before reading this; hate to waste water. LOL. So well written, and the scene with Kage taking Elijah for the first time was just way too hot. There is such an advantage to have someone the first time you receive anal that knows what they are doing that; and it does help the next day. Love how Elijah and Tyler have that level of banter and intimacy that only those that have been in each other's lives for a long time can produce. I do wish Elijah was a little more forthcoming with his friends; he may need them sooner than later. Just a real delightful way to start the day on a Saturday.
  15. Such a good chapter; flowed really well and the writing was first rate. Really impressed that Kadin and Jevikel are doing so much to help Germessont, hope they all stick with it. It is always harder to learn something new when you are older. Glad that D'gar got Kadin to help him with the ballads, playing and singing. Of course, glad that Kadin felt comfortable enough in speaking up and volunteering to do so. Glad that the candidates are being exposed to the eggs and the hatching grounds; D'gar is smart and has Lessa's support. Just so well done on every level, Bravo.
  16. Great epilogue and we finally found out what the deal was with Corbett and his feeling about the polar bear shifters. Loved that Nameer found his mate and like his son; it is a polar bear. Now that truly is symmetry. I do hope that Shivay's mother can continue to grow and eventually will find herself working toward being a better person. Maybe she can find her true mate as well. What a delightful gathering; may the group just continue to grow in friendship and strength. Well done, @Grumpy Bear
  17. centexhairysub

    Chapter 10

    Excellent chapter, I do love the interaction between Elijah and Tyler; they are both young men but the bond they share brings out a carefree spirit in each other that is just hard to resist. Kage maybe jealous of the bond they have with each other; but you can tell that Elijah truly wants him more than he has any person before. There is something about Kage that attracts Elijah and vice versa. Not sure that in the shifter world an age difference means as much as it does in the normal world; maybe maturity level or ability or Alphaness does but not age. While do I feel that this delightful interlude; that has allowed them all to recharge their batteries was just the pause before the storm.
  18. centexhairysub

    Chapter 14

    What a wonderful update. This chapter flowed so well; and I was surprised how easy that I picked it right back up, a testament to good writing and plotting. LOL. I do love the interaction and flow between the main group of characters and how it has developed over the story. But what has made this truly a great story is the secondary characters and how well done and complete they are. Anyone that lives in Texas; even the non-football fans can tell you how big high school football is to the school and community. This story has totally connected with that idea. There are many subtle little tells that have worked really well. I am sorry you are having health issues, and do hope that the next doctor will be able to find the root cause. While I hope you are able to complete this story, take as much time as needed. Your health must take priority; and we will patiently wait for the next update.
  19. centexhairysub

    Chapter 17

    I am not sure that Sammy actually knows what he wants; or why he wants what he wants, does that make sense? Hated that Sammy felt so claustrophobic at his part with Dean, why does he feel that way about the guys he has always been most comfortable with? Is he possibly maturing faster than they are, or is he just developing more interest. Interaction with Billy seemed stilted, almost from the first; was it the alcohol or that they know a few of each others secrets. Sasha is showing his true self; I am glad that Sammy ended up being honest with him. Sasha is much more complex and multifaceted than I originally gave him credit for being. Can't wait to see how this starts to play out over the next few chapters...
  20. So glad that Wagner finally got his due in more than one way; I don't think anyone in your stories have ever changed more than him @astone2292. I did love how Tilliman stayed so calm and collected the whole time Cyrus was on the verge of going off and just gutting Harold Snyder. I wish we had got to see then take down Rochter. Shelia Weidman was such an interesting secondary character; would be interested where she is retiring to and seeing her again. What a truly delightful chapter.
  21. This was a delight; although we knew the group would be arriving to take the bears back to the council jail, it was so good to see so many old friends. Plus, we got to find out that the situation in the Arctic was resolved; although I would still like to know what made Corbett hate the polar bears so much. Glad that the Papa Bear Fishing fleet will be expanding into the Pacific; and glad that the bears that are staying in San Francisco are getting a chance for a good job that pays well and will give them some pride in themselves. Gunnar's gift was exceptional, not the gift of the house, that was very nice; but the gift of freedom that it truly represents. Can't wait to see how you end this story; and perhaps set up the next one???
  22. centexhairysub

    Chapter 38

    OMG, a dinner at Escorial that appears to be calm and without drama; perish the thought. I did really like Tony's toast, so well done. I think that Will understands Brad and maybe Jake better than they understand themselves at times. It took a little before Will realized that even though Brad did not do anything with the trust that he was scheduled to get when he was older; doing what he did really did mean something. Plus, Will may not know it but the trust could be set up in ways that prevent him being given control early; just something to ponder. Will's conversation with Jake was truly something that Jake needed to hear; and that may be something that Will needed to say and actually hear himself say it. I do agree, Jake needs to find his passion; something that is his that he can focus on and truly care about. Tony and Will are so good together; but I do think Will is right and that Tony is in love with Mason. Not sure that he is ready to admit it; but I think the feelings are already there. Love how John is so perfectly able to mimic Claire; it is just too funny. So glad that Claire and Jack have agreed to let John move forward with his trying to make music his passion. Not sure how it would have ended up if they had continued to stand in his way. A truly grand chapter; can't wait to see how Will moves forward with his investigation into the family Foundation, and I am sure that he is right about at least a large part of this matter. Bravo, Mark, Bravo; hope you go some real rest and relaxation on your break.
  23. centexhairysub

    Chapter 63

    Here is hoping that Matheus's father will approve of the actions taken by Granger; even if St Vincent stays peeved at Granger, and I doubt that he will after Spencer made it clear that Granger really had no alternative, Granger will be able to do much for the boy. Of course, his father could do more within the Swedish navy; but even at the time they were not a powerhouse; the boy would travel much more of the world and perhaps enrich himself with Granger as a mentor in the British navy. Loved the letters; both Cavendish and Spenser gave him valuable information and let him know that they both continued to support him. I do worry that with Granger gone so much; people might talk again about Caroline and Cavendish, but let's hope they have not. And now Granger knows that the new books for Spencer will be equally well received. George has such a gift with those younger than him; his dinner with Matheus was a masterclass in how someone of his station should behave. I can't wait to see how he moves Matheus into his circle. I would be almost more annoyed that Captain Pitcairn took advantage of going to shore while denying his men the same right; yes, I know he is an officer and supposedly a gentlemen but still. Granger will have to see if Douglas is going to be up to snuff, if not, a way to replace him will have to be found. So glad to see that his former officers have managed to advance now that St. Vincent is more aware of the situation, much like Granger, I would have thought that St. Vincent would have given Granger more leeway to get home and explain in view of their past success together. Still dying to find out who the Aunt left here money and property to; maybe George will have some lands that the Catholic tenants can move to soon up north. Wonderful update and can't wait to see what happens next.
  24. centexhairysub

    Chapter 9

    Okay, the CIA should hire this woman. Loved the dinner and pre dinner questioning; this whole section just flowed so wonderfully. I did like how well Kage did with the younger kids; I would have expected that of him. Glad that Elijah and Tyler are getting back on an even footing. After how well Kage did at the dinner and how well he was able to withstand the Mama test; I do think Tyler may let up on him some, let's hope. I was so sure during the Nascar viewing, that Elijah was going to remember about the car... A camping trip in the deep woods, a 100 foot cliff, no one around; whatever in the world could go wrong there.
  25. A truly wonderful chapter, it flowed wonderfully and so well written. I was really impressed and happy that both Jevikel and Kadin were so willing to help Germessont with his reading and writing skills; plus keeping it low key so he doesn't have any backlash from the others and to make him more confident. Well, we know that but Jevikel and Kadin will make the sands this time; but can understand why the worry, they truly don't want to be separated. Really enjoyed how they possible weyrlings got to experience the different dragons and how they fly. Don't know that it will change anyone's mind; but gives them an idea of what each dragon can do. Why do I feel that Jevikel was probably one of the very few that actually asked some of the serious or right questions when talking to the riders? I truly feel he is destined for a Bronze or at the least a Brown Dragon. Appreciate the longer chapter; now you have to make them all this length or more... Can't wait for the next update and the next story in this saga.
×
×
  • Create New...