centexhairysub
Members-
Posts
11,875 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by centexhairysub
-
Event of the Millennium
centexhairysub commented on Grumpy Bear's story chapter in Event of the Millennium
What a gathering. I am so glad that Matthias decided to come for something this truly monumental. Love how the first meeting between Matthias and Taylor went, just too funny. Bernie is feeling a little insecure. That is to be completely expected in this situation. I cannot believe that there are that many leaks in the headquarters of this organization. Curtis sounds like a greedy idiot. I hope if he lives through this that someone finds out what he has done and punishes him for it brutally. I want to know who these so called Benefactors are; nothing about their actions seem to be benefitting anyone or designed to keep the peace. -
Chapter 29: Mountain March
centexhairysub commented on astone2292's story chapter in Chapter 29: Mountain March
What a real delight. Vincent is going to need to start upping his game; and having a few other shadow mages besides Yakob train him could not hurt at all. I am so happy for Tasha and Caleb, and Lowe is going to be a wonderful big brother. I swear even when he is not mentioned; you can just feel the oppressiveness of Stefano in each chapter. I am glad that Cyrus and Kaplan went to check up on Yakob and the monastery. I am equally sure that some of those mages would be excellent helping the EC with different projects. Can't wait for the next update, great job here.- 30 comments
-
- 11
-
-
-
Wonderful chapter, and another adherent and follower of Granger has been initiated. LOL. I do think that Anson is a delight, so young and for all of his position, rather innocent and shy. I have to admit that with his families connection; it could be anyone that he introduces Granger to; we need at least another hint. Pitcairn's funeral was as somber and boring as he was. But as Granger stated, his death saved him from further delay and will allow him to get his ship on the way home. Anson will find Daventry helpful about the delights of Oxford and Cambridge but not nearly as much fun as Granger; or perhaps even as much fun as Cavendish when he returns with Granger to England. Every chapter in this saga is a pure delight; we are blessed with getting each and every one.
- 40 comments
-
- 13
-
-
-
Great chapter, but this one made me a little sad. I hated that Jeff actually did not give Will a chance to explain before talking to Cam, and what the hell, why believe Cam more than Will. I know when you are into someone, you tend to want to believe them but still. The fact that it was Jeff knocking softly and late, probably means he either had time to think and realized that Will was who he should have trusted or he found out from someone else that Will should have been trusted. Will is going to need to have another conversation with him. Will needs to find someway to make Cam suffer without screwing Cody over, although still annoyed with his as well. Knew it was probably Darius that Will wanted to talk to, and glad to see they did it face to face. I have always like Darius and think that he is someone that Will can always talk to and ask for help from; not sure he fully embraces how much people need him, but he is truly a good guy. I just do NOT like Zach. I know and even understand why he has to stay hidden; but just don't ever see a time where he will make Will a priority in his life. Will needs to wean himself away from his feelings for Zach and figure out how to move on, of course, easier said than done. I do think they connect on the physical level oh so well; but in the end will that ever be enough? Glad that they are going to plan on talking, really talking, once a week; but how long before Zach blows that off for something else he considers more important. Truly excellent chapter, flowed so well and just beautifully written. Bravo, Mark, Bravo...
- 21 comments
-
- 16
-
-
-
Wonderful chapter; and it was truly important for Tyler to get the graduation and party with his family before saying goodbye. Papi, Elena, and perhaps Carina know there is much more to the trip than they are letting on. Mama and Papi love them both and deserved to have some time with Tyler before he and Elijah left. I don't think Tyler has really thought about it; but if something goes horrible wrong, it could be the last time that either he or Elijah might ever see his family again. Families like Tyler's are a true blessing; yes, you might want to kill them at times but the love and affection are real and they would do anything for each other. Here is hoping that tomorrow goes smoothly, not sure that I can wait for Wednesday.
- 120 comments
-
- 10
-
-
-
The Consequences of Violence
centexhairysub commented on Mawgrim's story chapter in The Consequences of Violence
D'gar knew indeed just how to handle the miscreants all the way around. I do think that perhaps he should not have given in and let Hortaimin stay; but perhaps a dose of reality will help him change. Plus, Jevikel is right, we don't know how bad it might have been if he was sent home. Jevikel knew to follow orders; he is more than steady, he understands how important it is to do the right thing in the right manner. This is the sign of a good leader. I think he and the ones that finally showed up for their punishment will find they got off easy compared to the other two. D'gar is a good weyrlingmaster; and will only get better. -
Not sure why; but someone this did not show up in my notifications last week and I did not realize it until the notification for this week's chapter hit. I liked this chapter a lot. I am glad that Jevikel stood up for his friend; even if he might be in some trouble now. Turmevon does not seem like someone that will just stand up for himself; but he stood up once Jevikel moved into help him. I do think he should have told D'gar when he had the chance; I know he sort of feels that they, the searched, should solve some of their own issues; but sometimes small issues not dealt with turn out to be bigger ones. After what happened in Southern, we know that sometimes a dragon will choose a rider that really is not fit to be one. Not allowing them on the sands when you know what kind of person they are is one way to head that off. I am glad that Kadin was about the join in with the musicians. It is something that he really cares about and enjoys and will be a way to relieve some stress. It also allows him to make friends that he might not otherwise associate with. Excellent flow and writing with this chapter; can't wait to see what happens next.
-
Finally, I am so glad that they found the laptop. Elijah needs to realize that even if they had the laptop, Kage's boss might still have ordered the hit on Huntington and Kage would still be dead. I am glad that Elijah is going to try and meet up with the boss. He needs to know that Trevor has betrayed him and that Kage is dead. Would not surprise me to know that Kage had made changes and that Elijah might be his beneficiary to any wealth that could be transferred. I sort of hope that Trevor is there and that the boss kills him; I suspect the boss is more dangerous that we understand. I am glad that Tyler is going to go with Elijah both to monitor the meeting with the boss and to Montana. I think he may need him in more than one way. Excellent chapter, can't wait for the next update.
- 171 comments
-
- 16
-
-
-
What an ass; Kintu should be a donkey rather than a lion. There is always one group that seems to be more close minded and prejudiced. The horror of having any of the other were cats sitting at the same table filled them with horror and shame. Once again, what a bunch of asses for the most part. Loved the scene to start with; the idea of a best friend in that manner is so powerful. Bernie and Bill will always have each other's back. This can be very powerful and could be very important at some point in this story. Can't wait to see where you take this one.
-
Chapter 28: Remarkable Reception
centexhairysub commented on astone2292's story chapter in Chapter 28: Remarkable Reception
Excellent chapter, I truly loved the reception everything that went on there. Tasha and Elaine putting Vincent on the spot with the dishes was just perfect. I loved all of Mason's little tidbits. Sounds like the trip to the Black Forest in Germany was spot on and the perfect place for them to spend some down time. Plus, when Vincent says dinner out; he really means out... LOL Mason needs to be able to concentrate on the farm and make sure everything is running smoothly; the smoother it is the easier to spend time with Vincent when he is home. RJ sounds like the perfect mentor for the auditing positions. He gives Vincent all the information he needs but then let's him figure out what to do with the information. Great job.- 17 comments
-
- 10
-
-
-
I am just so sad; but in a way this was the best. Kage got to say goodbye to Elijah and Elijah got to understand that Kage truly loved him more than words could ever say. I truly wanted to just scream when Ty gave him the title to the old car and nothing. I just can't believe that he doesn't realize that is where the laptop is... I do realize that with everything going on he isn't thinking straight but still. Elijah and Tyler need to head for Montana as fast as they can. I do think that the Boss needs to be told asap that he has a turncoat in his organization; but first Elijah and Tyler need to get on the move. Great chapter, was traveling and thought about it all day....
-
What a truly delicious chapter. I was traveling and just got a chance to read it. I just knew the sex was going to be hot; but Cam proved what kind of person he really is. As most of us know; you can be great in business but a total ass in person. I do understand why Cody didn't tell Will. Will needs to process the information to decide how to proceed and if Cody had told him; he would have just totally blown up on Cam and then Jeff would have been dragged into it. Will is like Brad in some ways; his emotions can over-flow and turn into a volcanic eruption, unlike Brad, Will can usually calm it down to a small lava flow if he has time to get some perspective. My guess on who he calls is Darius; but can't say that I am certain of it, but the clues lean that way.
-
I have so been looking forward to this story. Ever since you introduced Bernie; I have been impatiently waiting to see how his change will play out. Karhu and Bernie are going to have a truly grand adventure; and that leads to Bernie becoming his bear for the first time. The final test was so well done; and Rodney bringing the wights and Bernie being able to finally overcome them was amazing. Can't wait to see how this one plays out.
-
Well, did his employer betray him or was Trevor a double agent all along and it just slipped by his employer. What the hell was on the knife; and is there an antidote to it? A night of true passion; no matter what happens; they both know that the other really does love him, even without the words being spoken aloud. I wonder what Elijah will turn into that kills that asshole Trevor and how will he get Kage out of the building. Just WOW....
- 188 comments
-
- 11
-
-
-
Unfortunately, I don't doubt for one moment that it was Dan or one of his ilk that made the call threatening violence. I also don't doubt that both Nettleman and Morgan will do what they can to make themselves look good and as if the protestors are the ones causing the problem when it was started originally by the Somerset students and then got worse when Officer Anderson beat an unarmed and innocent young man. Love how protective Natalie is of Parker; and to some extent Myles is playing the same role for Darius. Can't wait for the next update...
-
Chapter 27: Joyful Joining
centexhairysub commented on astone2292's story chapter in Chapter 27: Joyful Joining
Wonderful chapter; and a true delight to know that the wedding meant so much to so many. Vincent and Mason were truly destined to be together. The complete each other and let us all hope for a long happy life; as soon as Vincent turns Stephano into a puddle of goo... I just love Lei and Elaine, they are just the best. Love that Vincent's parents got to be there in spirit to know how truly happy he is. -
Yes, he does... Some of us love and adore JJ and are perfectly capable of traveling great distances to punish those that make fun of him...
- 34 comments
-
- 11
-
-
-
Loved this chapter; what a delight on a true Texas scorcher; Will may prove as hot as a sultry day in Texas. I am glad that Darius and Will are going to New York to see about JJ. JJ has a wonderful New York condo, access to money, a great internship with the fashion house and fashion diva. It doesn't surprise me at all that a woman would be after him for his position; but it also doesn't surprise me that he has no idea how to handle being in a relationship with a woman or how to realize he is being used. I hope that Darius and Will can help him without making him feel like a fool. Love how Will and Darius interact; and Will letting Darius use his room was so bro. Can't wait for them to get to the frat party together. Can't believe that Will never got to check in with Cody; was he even at the party? Hot encounter with Billie Joe in the trees. And OMG, can we talk about Cam. He is going to flip when he finds out who Will is exactly. But talk about hot... The chemistry between he and Will at least to start with was blazing. Loved how he was trying to get something from Will about who, what, where; but was so hot for him he could not really pull it off. A truly FABULOUS chapter, Mark... Just FABULOUS...
- 34 comments
-
- 14
-
-
-
Wonderful chapter; San Francisco has a feeling and an atmosphere all it's own. It is distinct from any city that I have ever visited. I know that Kage thinks he is doing the right thing in moving away from Elijah but he will hurt himself as much as he will hurt Elijah if he goes through with it; and will be so preoccupied by his feelings for Elijah that it will cause issues on his next job for his mysterious employer. Elijah really did have a great ruse; but did the lion truly buy it? Elijah's ability probably allowed him to pick up on the frostiness from Huntington that the average person couldn't; but even with that, would he truly know if Huntington was suspicious of his activities or request. Impressed with how well Elijah scoped everything going in and out of the office and building. Kage will know what information to use and what he can discount. I do hope that Kage gives Elijah what he asked for; even if I believe they are fated to spend more time together. So well done.
- 196 comments
-
- 16
-
-
-
So glad that the candidates got to get to the hatching ground and see the eggs. I don't understand why everyone wants to scare the newbies but it is like that in so many things, is it to put them off their game or to try and make yourself feel bigger? Glad that the new harper is being so active and wanting to learn more about dragons himself. I do hope that Kadin and others gets a chance to help him with some of the youngsters or others. The size and color of the eggs mean nothing; but you will never convince some of that; and some idiot will try and force his way in front of the dragon he wants; we just have to hope that D'gar has everyone prepared. Can't wait for the next chapter; wonderful update, just perfect.
-
Crying so hard....
- 131 comments
-
- 11
-
-
Chapter 26: Telepathic Teller
centexhairysub commented on astone2292's story chapter in Chapter 26: Telepathic Teller
So Stefan wants to be a God... Well, you don't kill those that provide information for you when you are; so you are disqualified. Love how Mason dotes on Vincent. Something about the coyote pack worries me; but we will see. So glad everything went well for Heather, but I am glad she is sticking with Mason/Vincent's pack. Really Tierney, took you long enough. Great update, can't wait for the next one.- 40 comments
-
- 11
-
-
-
So happy with this chapter; I have missed Cody and Darius and looks like we get to see them both some in this story. I also always really liked Evelyn and never did like Alex Danvers, so him getting shafted would not make me unhappy. That said, I have always like Jackie, yes, she is tacky as all get out, but still. I can totally see the family, or just Stef and maybe Will and one or two others getting back into Anders/Hayes and making sure it is run right. Plus, getting Cody with this new guy; The top Top in town, a man I really want to meet. Maybe the two entities can help each other out, so to speak. Can't wait to see Cody and Will out on the town, especially throwing in Darius. What a true delight. Can't wait for the next update Mark; say, Tuesday perhaps... LOL
- 21 comments
-
- 14
-
-
-
I really enjoyed the time that Elijah spent with Tyler and then with Papi. I know that cleaning out his parents room was hard; but Tyler was there for him. And yes, the perfumes and colognes can be very hard to just throw away; scent is a powerful trigger for most humans. It causes us to remember times and places, and even feelings and emotions. Papi coming to get the furniture for Elena was important as well. Tyler's parents have always treated Elijah as a surrogate son, and that is so important for him now; it will help to ground him moving forward. I loved the welcome home, but the screaming like a little girl in the shower was just too funny. Kage cares deeply for Elijah, more than I think he even realizes yet. He will do nothing that knowingly risks his life. But I am so glad that he just did not dismiss Elijah's questions and thoughts. Kage took time to consider them and answer them in a thoughtful manner. I am sure that Kage's boss does not want Elijah involved in any way, amateurs in situations like this are a clear liability. That said, Elijah does have certain abilities that might help him, but he just doesn't understand how to use them in this situation. Great chapter.
- 108 comments
-
- 15
-
-
-
OMG, I am so excited; got home from a great evening out only to find this wonderful chapter waiting consumption, what a delightful way to end the evening. Granger is just a truly extraordinary Captain. Few if any Captains of the time would have taken the time to explain to the First Officer how he had fallen short and how to go about regaining his rightful position with the other officers and the crew. He just has a knack for finding the right way to get his knowledge and feelings across without making the other individual feel he is being talked down to or berated in an unnecessary manner. I do hope that Granger is able to find out what the issue with Anson is; but I think that might be a more enjoyable issue than the last one was. I really can't believe that a Captain of the Marine's aboard a ship actually thought he could act in this manner. He certainly does not have the position to rebuke Granger and I doubt has the position in society to rebuke Douglas either. He may have well lost both his military and social standing with his actions. I have a feeling that Lady Kendal may have left Granger a great deal more than that; or at least left him in control of more of her estate than that. It would only allow George to do more for those he cares about moving forward; plus neither of his brothers are the sort to inspire much desire from an elderly relative to leave them much of anything. Daventry realized reading the missives that he is being given more credit than he deserves; and it is to his good credit that he will object, but Granger simply will allow him to have it. Granger has never done anything for self aggrandization but for family and country; that is why he is the man, he has become. Bravo, Mark, truly Bravo...
- 20 comments
-
- 18
-
-
