centexhairysub
Members-
Posts
11,878 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by centexhairysub
-
I know the warship is damaged; but seems like it would be better to try and repair it instead of trying to dismantle it.
-
Ah dammit, I did not realize the Sgt. was aboard; but why go back? Does he really believe the Amsus will just accept that he was what, kidnapped?
-
Talk about balls of steel, to be able to bluff your way into a ship like that. I have to wonder if Darien will be able to get the Sgt or not, but at least he's got a good mechanic. Jerton either heard something or just decided to get rid of a pest the fastest way popssible.
-
Someone was talking about this book; and it sort of reminded me of one that I thought I had read years ago. That said, the first chapter was really good and I don't quite remember it so going to keep going. Well written and flowed fairly well, interesting developments that started from the get to.
-
I really think that we need an "Oh My" emoji. A great chapter that flowed beautifully from start to finish. The chemistry between Elijah and Kage just damn near burns your eyes out as you read about their interactions. I am betting that Kage and his boss does not know about the old Chevy and where it is stored. And I doubt that Elijah with everything going on has even thought about it again. I am sure at least some of the answers are there; but I don't think the laptop will be. We got a little background on Kage; and made me more than a little sad. Hate that Kage truly believes that he can never love another; and I just know that is not true. While he would clearly fit the pattern of someone with emotional detachment disorder, their are treatments to help one overcome it. And can we talk about at that last kiss; Oh My....
- 129 comments
-
- 17
-
-
-
I truly doubt that Parker has any idea of what he is about to walk into; he appears to have spent much of the last few years in a cocoon of sorts. He and to some extent his whole family is in for a whole lotta drama, let's just hope not to much actual violence. Natalie at least has some idea of what to expect; but I do hope that she will be careful as well. She and Parker are obviously outliers in their school, but this could put targets on both of their backs. Darius has some good friends and it is obvious they have been friends for a long time by their interaction. Latasha seems to be the sort that can handle herself and keep her brother in line. LOL. Can't wait for Natalie to meet this group. Great chapter, can't wait to see what happens at the rally.
-
Chapter 21: Conspiring Chairman
centexhairysub commented on astone2292's story chapter in Chapter 21: Conspiring Chairman
What a great chapter. Cyrus and Kaplan nesting; getting the home all ready, when is the child due exactly? Love how Cyrus is trying to help Kaplan resolve how he feels about his parents, but in the end only Kaplan can really do that. So Henson is up shit creek without a paddle and sinking fast; wonder what his reaction will be when called into Cyrus's office over his behavior. Dave and Stacy just make the cutest couple. I do love the idea of the finger prick until Stacy has her first turn. Dave was just too cute being so into Stacy and almost afraid to ask. Love that Heather got permission to tell Gwendolyn about being a vampire. Then in walks Dave, and Gwen has to deal with the idea of shifters as well. Handled it all better than I would have thought. Please, Team Edward sucked... He was such a drama queen. Team Jacob all the way. Ah, so Sheila Weidman is working for Bryce Tilliman, the head of the Vampire Council in New York... So is she a vampire or just working for one? Wagner may have agreed to back off; but you know he will not until Cyrus tells him too. Would love to be a fly on the wall when Cyrus and Tilliman have their little discussion.- 27 comments
-
- 12
-
-
-
Empty House, Full House
centexhairysub commented on Grumpy Bear's story chapter in Empty House, Full House
Wonderful chapter; and can see that the cavalry has arrived. Glad that Siku has some back up; and equally glad that he got to spend some time with Gunnar and Mike, just to have someone with him that cares about him and to let him know how important he is to them. The more that I see; the more that I think that Shivay's mother was involved in some way with what happened. Shivay realizes that he made a mistake by not talking to Siku after what happened; but he has been under his mother's thumb so long that he just did not know how to be in a real loving relationship; of course, with his parent's marriage as an example how could he. Can't wait for the next update; hope the fishing is better. We know that Charlie is more than she seems; can't wait to see what happens there as well. Bravo....- 9 comments
-
- 11
-
-
-
OMG, is there truly anything more delicious than a dinner at Escorial. Love how the current young generation decided to dress and go into battle as a group; that is always more effective. Brad, Claire, and Jack need to let what was said at the meal marinate and truly consider how they need to respond to the different issues raised. While I have no doubt that Claire and Jack could lock John down; I do not think it would ever be successful. In the end both Will and Marie will back his play; Will with his money and the ability to move John, and Marie with a rear guard action that I think would make Waterloo look like a light skirmish. I do think John will need to make allowances for his continuing education on some level, but if he truly is passionate about a career in music, then truly making, writing, and living the life of a musician matters more than any class he could take. Jake really was able to reach Will in a way that Brad has yet to learn. You know it was really smart for them to dress up and impress; it helped bring Stef into play. The fact that JP commented when he did and maybe more importantly stayed silent when he did said so much. Love how JP let Jake know how important he was to the family. Still can't wait for the Foundation board meeting; I think that Stef, Claire, and Isidore are going to find they have a tiger by it's tail when Will gets involved. What a perfect way to start a Sunday; thank you so much @Mark Arbour.
- 25 comments
-
- 17
-
-
-
Well, you knew something was totally up with the new comers to Atikokan; and it was worse than anyone thought. They of course must be stopped; but we also need to discover why they have such a hatred of the polar bear shifters. Siku is going to get more help than he probably needs in the next 24 hours. San Francisco may never be the same; but it will be very interesting to say the least. Colt is going to be in for the shock of his life; and I personally hope the bastard ends up dead. I still wonder if he was put up to part of his action by Shivay's mother; but that is beside the point by this time. Siku is going to have to give Shivay some time; but not too much. He has to reorient himself; but if too much time is given it will be easier for him to simply ignore Siku and any plea he makes. @Grumpy Bear, so glad you are back and life has allowed you to resume this story; and maybe more.
- 14 comments
-
- 12
-
-
-
While it is interesting that the 55 Chevy was bought just before everything happened; it seems a little to gimmicky to be where the laptop is actually hidden, that said, maybe a clue to it's location is in there or the title means something... Kage is so freaking hot; Mr. I Kill People and Destroy lives but am so amazing that you can over-look that aspect of my life to dream of a white picket fence. Elijah is a remarkable strong person. He is dealing with all of this so much better than damn near anyone could. The fact of what he went through recently with Ben and Zev and all the rest means that he should have gone to them immediately for help. Kage knows that he knows Sebastian MacTire; that would have been the perfect chance to say yes I do; let's give them a call. By the way, did you change spelling on Sebastian's last name? Will have to go back and check the first story. Excellent chapter, can't wait for the next update. Hope this weekend is not too exhausting.
- 126 comments
-
- 18
-
-
-
This was really a wonderful chapter. We got to to see the lighter side of the weyr; and Jevikel and Kadin got to see the lighter side as well. Jevikel is going to have to get over his irritation at D'gar soon or have additional issues to deal with. So glad that Kadin was able to play with a group of musicians and get to stretch himself some. He truly loves to play and should always have that chance. They will be announcing D'gar as the new weyrlingmaster soon; and that will start the work towards those chosen to try and impress. Truly a lovely chapter, good job @Mawgrim.
-
@Grumpy Bear, certainly hope that you pick up the story and work to completion in a manner that fits what you want. More importantly, I am glad that you are okay and it was just life getting in the way. I truly was worried that something had happened to you.
-
Interesting continuation of an ongoing saga, and I hope there is another story or two from it. I do like the general plotting and characterization in all of these stories in the saga. I do feel that there a few loose ends that never seem to get tied up or resolved and the chapters are in general a little short to me; I would rather have few chapters but longer ones. The plotting in interesting and moves along nicely; but the absence of resolution can at times be irritating. You do sometimes get answers to things that pop up a story or two later; and they do sometimes come out of left field. That said, the storytelling is well done and able to overcome any issues that I have with it. I do recommend these stories for the interesting characters and stories. Sit back on you porch with a glass of tea on your reader; enjoy these stories as you look up at the stars and wonder what exactly is out there.
-
Well, we all knew that Torres was up to no good; but who helped him and why? While he has been jailed; those that helped him for their own reasons are still unknown. The URP has finished the settlement modules on the Moon and now those chosen can move there and start their exploration. I would hope that they could leave the strife of Earth behind and concentrate on moving all of mankind forward; but we know that some will always fail to do so. This chapter tied a few things up and seems to be helping to set the next story up. Can't wait to see what direction the saga takes now.
- 12 comments
-
- 10
-
-
-
So, we have a drop dead gorgeous Fae; a Lion, who thinks he is the cat's meow; a studly shadow shifter; and poor Elijah, who probably has no idea what is going on. Of course, we have no idea how Elijah's father was involved with the Lion shifter, and did he know he was a Lion shifter? Got lot's of little treats; but need so much more to start sorting this out. Can't wait for the next update... How delicious this one is already.
- 115 comments
-
- 23
-
-
-
-
-
Chapter 20: Shaky Stalkers
centexhairysub commented on astone2292's story chapter in Chapter 20: Shaky Stalkers
Damn, the stuff with Wagner is really heating up; and who is this new player? He seems to be getting in better that I thought he had. Can't wait to see what is going on; although I do wonder if the new Delta was just being an ass. Vincent is going to be good at being an auditory. I do hope that he gets to catch up with the Alpha there so maybe he can talk about what happened all those years ago. Great job, can't wait for the next update.- 29 comments
-
- 13
-
-
-
-
A wonderfully written and developed story full of chills, twist and turns, and some true romance. Characters, even the secondary ones, are wonderfully and fully developed. The touch of the supernatural gave the story a feeling of tension that added the perfect edge to it. The twist and turns keep you guessing right through to the end; and they are all so plausible and unlike so many actually make sense. The romance rings true and blossoms beautifully. A wonderful story to read on a rainy day looking out the window, being glad to be inside.
-
- 10
-
-
-
So enjoyed this story from start to finish; the writing and character development was excellent. All of the characters, even the more minor ones, were so full of life or death. So we know what happened now; and I am sure that Jenny probably either put money into the construction business because it needed it or blackmailed Bob the Builder in some other way. Jack almost made it out; but would he have ever been happy knowing what happened to Trevor and always having to look over his shoulder? Not that I did not wish that he escaped; but how lonely his life would probably have been. Hope that Sylvia and Brenda stay friends and learn to forgive themselves. Hope that Cynthia lives many more years before she and Nipper go off to their next grand adventure; leaving her house to Terry and Dan, who spend the rest of their lives working, living, and loving it all.
- 28 comments
-
- 12
-
-
-
Well, the marriage of the Emperor is now complete. I would think that Mason would be glad that his time as Crown Prince could be over in the near future. You have to wonder who helped Mr. Torres; you know that he could not have afforded all that happened on his own. I am sure someone was paying him; but for what? Glad that James Hargraves has made another appearance. I sort of thought his brief appearance was interesting and hoped we would see him again.
-
Well, hell.... Elijah did not even have a chance to say goodbye to his parents; they did know he was safe and on his way home so they were at peace about that. We can hope that they never knew what happened. Obviously someone was searching for something; even the police could not really think it was a burglary with so many things like the TV and stereo system still there. I have a feeling that Elijah's mother having even a small amount of fae blood is what has caused this. Kage is going to be fae; let's hope not to close of a relation, although kissing cousins would be okay.. Your body reacts to stimuli; even a tragedy like Elijah is dealing with would not keep his body from reacting to something that delicious. Tyler and his family are close to Elijah; and for that reason he will want to make sure they are protected. Still do NOT understand why he did not immediately call Ben and Zev, afterall he just dealt with a truly horrible situation and there is always a chance no matter how remote that this could be linked. Of course, it won't be, but he doesn't know that yet....
- 175 comments
-
- 10
-
-
-
Okay, I rarely give five stars on stories; have actually had authors ask me not to review because of that. That said, this one fully deserves every bit of a five star rating. The writing and pacing for this story were simply first rate from start to finish. The character development, even on the secondary and ancillary characters, were excellent. There was passion. There was adventure. There was werewolves. There was just so many great things about this story. Not going to give much away but do have to say that in the end, @kboiswas much more merciful that I would have been. Hope anyone that takes a chance on this story enjoys it as much as I did.
- 11 comments
-
- 10
-
-
-
A wonderful chapter; Granger was in rare form throughout. Winkler, as usual, knew just the right information to impart to Granger. Granger and Daventry spent a little to get so much. Not only will the men be happier and more loyal; but the Visby itself will benefit. The men going ashore without money to enjoy their shore leave, would have caused way too many issues. Granger's past behavior has of course allowed him to benefit by getting stores, his mail, and perhaps some much needed information. Granger understands that even those in opposition, can be influenced by how they are treated. I am sure that something will befall both Granger and his new ship; but with the men more cohesive and Granger back in his element, I doubt it will be anything he cannot handle.
- 19 comments
-
- 11
-
-
-
Well, started this last night and finished reading all of it in about six hours. Heading to bed now. I do hope that Vann and all the others are able to move on from his; even those that are trapped, there has to be a way to help them or at least help them come to terms with their situation. Well written and the flow and plotting were amazing.
-
Sebastian was merciful; I am not sure that I could have let Caleb live. I know that I could have come up with a more horrible death; at least for the first two.
