Jump to content

centexhairysub

Members
  • Posts

    11,878
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by centexhairysub

  1. centexhairysub

    Chapter 18

    I am just in shock. Those of us in the gay community know how quickly something can escalate to violence. A seemingly random act can cause a minor incident to become violent. Add in the color issue; and it can be so much worse so quickly. There is an inordinate amount of internalized homophobia in the black community, especially toward other back men that are gay. Myles has paid the ultimate price for this; and leaves behind Darius, who was his longtime best friend, and Peter, who now must come to terms with what might have been. Darius will need Parker more than ever. This is just another example of why we must continue to fight until all are free to be who they are and respected for that by all.
  2. centexhairysub

    Chapter 29

    I am so excited that Elijah and Tyler were able to find and get Cameron out and back to the safety of the McDen. I do choose to believe that Kage is somehow helping Elijah. E&T handled everything with Cameron perfectly once they got over the initial excitement of getting him free. Sebastian helped with that; being Alpha, he helped calm them even over the phone. Hate that Cameron sees himself as a freak; I hope that being around his parents and all of these others that care for him will help him realize it isn't true and that hope still is out there. I wonder if those that did this; maybe decided to say that the process could not be reversed and let the pups hear it. Maybe they thought that in doing so; the pups might not try to escape fearing their families might reject them in this form. Evil bastards, hope they all get what is coming to them. Okay, a few days rest then E&T can have a few days rest; but then they need to get back out there. The twins are next... Great job.
  3. Well damn, color me confused on how this is going to turn out. Never a good idea when higher beings start to get involved. They don't play by the same rules and often don't understand the consequences of what they put in motion. Interesting chapter, with some new interesting characters; but strange to have them show up at the end of the story like this. Can't wait to see how this is resolved.
  4. centexhairysub

    Chapter 52

    So glad that Stef has arrived; and I love how Will was able to let loose with his emotions with him, and yet be so JP and Isidore that he knew he was rude to Tom and had to go make it right. I cannot wait for Stef to listen to the tape. Curtis Buck may not realize it; but his time is numbered. Will and Travis click on a few levels. That said, while he is vastly superior to Zach, he does not seem to be on the same maturity level with Will. I know they are close in age; but Will has been through so much and has so many great examples for him to follow that he is just way more mature than his age would indicate. I hope that Travis does let Will help him; he needs a real friend. Actually would not mind a chapter on how Travis handles his Monday... As always, Mark, just too good. Can't wait for the next update. I so want to see Stef and Will in action together. Multi-generational Wonder Twins Unite.
  5. A delightful short story that packs a punch. It is able to evoke a great deal of emotions; and a myriad of them in a very telling manner. Writing and pacing were spot on; and even this brief glimpse of these characters made you want to know more.
      • 14
      • Like
      • Love
  6. Really a sweet little story; and it is truly amazing how much emotion was contained within. I do find it amazing how different people react to grief and it's aftermath. What is it about someone that can instantly attract you to another person. Is it something physical; a smile or a good body? Is it charm or wit or a great sense of humor? Or is it just that special something that truly can't be defined? Perhaps it is different for each of us; but don't we all look for it; and truly regret it when it is gone. Thanks for this special moment in time you have given us. Well done.
  7. centexhairysub

    Chapter 17

    I was so worried; Darius was so angry after watching the video of the Morgan citing why he was resigning. I was worried that his anger would overcome his good sense; thank you Lord, I was wrong. What he said was spot on; and delivered in a perfect tone and manner. It may change a few minds of those that were on the fence; but let's be honest, those with as Parker says hate in their hearts, are not going to just change. I can't wait to see what happens with the meeting between the school Superintendent and the Board and those that want Nettleman out. It may be one doozy of a meeting. I am happy that Darius and Parker have been joined by Myles and Peter. I hope that none of them get much blowback; but we will see. Are they sure it was a great idea to go out, even for ice cream, after being on the news like that? A wonderful chapter and a truly gripping story. Can't wait for the next one.
  8. Great chapter; the battle is written so well and flows wonderfully. I am shocked that Vincent thought the truth or reality would actually stop Stefan. Nothing in his history shows he is susceptible to either. He mentions Vincent's father, but not the mother, did Stefan know she was a shadow mage? Fear is the killer and bringer of death.
  9. centexhairysub

    Chapter 51

    I swear there should be an Oy Vey icon button you can use... I really enjoyed this chapter. I feel more than a little sorry for Travis. Today, he got to find out his supposed friend is just pretending because his father is using him to spy on him; his piece on the side, Zach, really just sees him as that and probably nothing else; and his father basically raped someone his age. That is more than anyone needs to deal with in one day. I really do think that Will needs more counseling over what all he had to deal with around 9/11. I know he got some; but do think he might need more. Will is such a deep person and there are so many layers to his feelings and I am afraid some of that is still buried. I wonder if Keith finally went to the house and Jeff or someone told them that no one was there; did he call Curtis Buck, is that why everyone is freaked out that no one can find him? So glad they made their escape and went and were able to really catch some great waves. They both needed to be able to get out of their heads and focus on something external for a while; especially when it is something they both love. I am so glad that Will invited Travis to go with him to Maui to surf. I wonder who else is going to go? I cannot wait for Stef and even Brad to get to town. I can't wait for the confrontation with Curtis Buck that is coming; it is going to be so epic. This chapter flowed exceptionally well. Even with the emotional swings, the writing and flow was just so smooth. Bravo, Mark, Bravo...
  10. centexhairysub

    Chapter 14

    Let's hope that the search for the one that brought the kara ot is successful. Could Aero be the one; or was he just the one that brought it? Dante and Tani are just so perfect together. I can't wait to see if this is the lifetime that they will match up in and succeed. So, Kinon is the one that fathered this line. Why did he choose to interfere and make sure that Dante had these gifts? Is there a battle in the Septum that we are not privy too? Another chapter soon, please and thank you.
  11. Wonderful chapter; finally a look at everyone and how they see themselves; since the uniform is just a reflection of that to some extent. The interaction between this group is great, I can't wait for the next update. Such a good job.
  12. centexhairysub

    Chapter 16

    Love the time that Parker and Darius got to spend together, it was really sweet. Natalie is just the best wingman ever. LOL Honestly, with what Nettleman did to Peter, I am shocked that he is still at the school period. What he did tearing the shirt off him and scratching him constituted assault. No school board in the country could allow him to remain on the job; it is opening them up to a major lawsuit.
  13. So glad that Vincent was able to say goodbye to Yakob. I think it was truly important for both of them; if no other reason than to find out that Vincent's mom was a shadow mage as well. WOW, I just did not see that one coming at all. I hope that Vincent truly does have a plan ready; but I would not trust Stefan to fight fair at all. I do hope that Mace can just watch, getting involved might truly get Vincent killed. The tribute to Yakob was wonderful. I can't believe this is coming to an end; has been such a great story; do hope there is another story in the works...
  14. centexhairysub

    Chapter 50

    Curtis Buck is in so much fucking trouble. Even I was impressed by Zach and I can't stand him. I can't wait for Stef and Brad to find out about the tape; and I hope they involve JP, he is so much better at dealing with people that need to disappear then either of them. I loved how Will handled the talk with Zach. I truly don't understand the attraction; but at least Zach isn't afraid to stand up for himself. Honestly, sort of impressed with how well Zach took finding out about Taylor and his reasoning. And NO, I am not going to suddenly like Zach, but I was impressed with him this chapter. Will is so much further along than Brad was at his age. I truly think he may actually be on JP's level; and I did not think I would ever say that about anyone in this saga. Will still has much to learn, but his instincts are first rate and that counts for a lot. Truly can't wait for the next chapter...
  15. centexhairysub

    Chapter 49

    Okay, that was a great chapter; but I do wish Will had gotten out without Travis finding him. I swear that Will is going to keep Zach there until Travis shows up in the morning and will have a kumbaya moment... I was really hoping that we were going to get rid of Zach... I can't wait for Will to get the tapes and listen to all of them. He may find a way to get Travis out from under his father's thumb. And he needs to keep his mouth shut about Taylor screwing Vaughn. Will is sleeping with her boyfriend and may end up sleeping with her brother or both of them; and Travis is sleeping with his sisters boyfriend and her boyfriend is sleeping with her brother. She can get her freak on if they all can. I loved how calm Will was at the end of the chapter; really can't wait to see how Zach acts when he fully process what Will just dropped on him. Excellent as always....
  16. centexhairysub

    Chapter 28

    I have to believe that somehow Kage is responsible for Elijah's sudden gut feelings... I don't know how, but I am going with it anyway. I cannot believe how lucky they got; getting this monsters picture and then deciding to pull into a convenience store and seeing him. Does Elijah try to take the pup with him now? I don't know how he could possible leave without him; knowing what happened to Neall and how many times this cockroach has managed to escape. WOW, just so happy they found Cameron alive; and so quickly after seeing his parents...
  17. Love tales of the Old West; and perhaps one of the best writers of them that I have read in years is @Headstall. The writing and pacing were first rate and the character development was great for such a short story. Came to really care about the main characters quickly. And yes, I believe that love can happen at a glance, or at least the beginning of it. I could easily see this as a prelude to a much longer story about either the journey to Larkspur or about after they arrive; or hell maybe both. Sit a spell and enjoy a truly delightful few chapters that will draw you in fully and captivate you totally.
  18. I know this was written for the anthology but I could see this as a much longer story; or as a prelude to a much longer story. This was so sweet. Even with the violence and other issues; the feeling of sweetness was there throughout.
  19. So Lucas was at least feeding information to the outlaws; and they were lead by a white man, I am just too shocked to even consider how that is possible. Wyatt is safe for the moment, but probably not in the long run unless he get's out. Not sure the Virgil is really any safer; but damn, he does know how to handle a gun. Truly a lovely chapter.
  20. Let's hope that Virgil can survive this stop in a town that doesn't match it's name. You can tell that he already feels for Wyatt and probably wants to help him escape, but is that something that can be done safely? Plus, who is doing the raiding? Could it be one of the idiots we already met? Virgil's feelings on men of the clothe are probably truer today then back then.
  21. Grabbed me from the get go; just love your western stories. Chapter was well written and the pacing was good. Already got some good character development; and we can see who the idiots are, always a nice thing. A man that perhaps as a hero complex; or at least the need to stand up for the truth, that is always a dangerous thing.
  22. A terrifying look at what we could be facing unless enough people wake up to the real danger here in the US; even though the story took place in Europe. Well written and the pacing and character development was so well done. Full of adventure and real genuine fear; a dash of heroism and revenge at the end.
      • 10
      • Love
      • Like
  23. centexhairysub

    September 2050

    Truly excellent short story; well written and pacing was good, the character development was excellent as well. A wild ride full of adventure and a look at what our future could be. I am truly worried that we might not be looking at what could happen just in England but in the USA and other places as well.
  24. This was a truly remarkable journey of one person figuring out their life and how to live it and where they fit in. The writing and pacing were spot on and the character development was beyond good. Can't say much without giving anything away; but this story runs the gamut from some humor, some true hatred, some wit and wisdom, and everything in between. The trigger warning is there for a reason; and this story is not for everyone; but for those that can deal with the subject matter, it is beautifully done. Finding out how you fit in when you know you are different is hard beyond belief; but having some support is crucial. The lead character has one parent and some good friends, and finally a good therapist; but can that overcome true hatred from another parent? Have a drink of good whiskey, and try to maybe have some music playing that really helps you center yourself; then read the story and find out...
      • 15
      • Love
      • Like
  25. centexhairysub

    Chapter 1

    I truly cried, laughed, and felt real pain reading this story. You are truly a remarkable writer. The emotion and feelings just poured off the page. Even though this was a rather long short story; the character development was just so amazing. The writing and pacing were both first rate as well. I really felt Shay overcame so much. The real hate that they had to deal with from their mother was heartbreaking. I guess you don't know if their mother's mental illness was responsible for the hate she felt toward her child or did the hate she felt toward her child exacerbate her mental illness? Needless to say, either was terrible but at least Shay had their Dad, Nana, and some really good friends to help them through it all. I am glad that they finally resumed their therapy and that their doctor was able to help. Wish I could say that I was shocked at how mad so many of the early therapist were at dealing with the issues involved; but really not. Hope that they are able to have a new and better relationship with Griffin and maybe even get Tori and Andy back into their life. Just so well done.
×
×
  • Create New...