Jump to content
    AC Benus
  • Author
  • 87 Words
  • 245 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Great Mirror of Same-Sex Love - Prose - 100. T.P.E. Ryan "the disease of being straight"

.

For goodness sake, read the following tongue-in-cheek article from a Gay magazine of the early '70s in the spirit it was intended: camp resistance. At the time, Queer people of every stripe were urged to "get treatment," so turnabout is fair-play when it comes to psycho-analyzing the root "cause" of hetero "tendencies" in the population at large. The poor slobs needed help, and if sought, they could overcome it. It was just a choice, after all! :rofl: 

spacer.png

spacer.png

--The Gay Alternate Magazine,

1973

 

_

as noted
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

If you right-click on the article image, and then press "Open Image in New Tab", it will be large enough to read easily

  • Love 2
Link to comment
25 minutes ago, AC Benus said:

If you right-click on the article image, and then press "Open Image in New Tab", it will be large enough to read easily

And what an entertaining read it was! Thank you for sharing this gem with us. 

  • Love 2
Link to comment

Thanks for sharing this AC!  I laughed my way thru the entire article and wished there was a lot more.  I was in my early 20's when this was written.  Gay magazines for serious readers were just starting then.  I wonder if some more articles like this have survived over the last 50 years.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 7/24/2023 at 7:09 PM, Parker Owens said:

And what an entertaining read it was! Thank you for sharing this gem with us. 

Thank you, Parker. I have another item to post from the same source :)

  • Love 2
Link to comment
On 7/24/2023 at 10:54 PM, raven1 said:

Thanks for sharing this AC!  I laughed my way thru the entire article and wished there was a lot more.  I was in my early 20's when this was written.  Gay magazines for serious readers were just starting then.  I wonder if some more articles like this have survived over the last 50 years.

Thanks, Terry. A lot appeared in print, and no doubt still survives in quantity. Newsprint magazines for a Queer audience started appearing 18 months to 2 years prior to Stonewall. In a way, they gave voice to a youth community in cities like New York, Philadelphia, and San Francisco that was not turned on by the appeasinist bent of the Homophile Movement. These new rags explored what a liberated Gay consciousness would look like.

Although humble and meant to be discarded in a week or two, they are almost the foundation on which Stonewall and the Gay Rights Movement were conceived. A press for ourselves, by ourselves. 

Thanks again    

Edited by AC Benus
  • Love 1
Link to comment

What may be lost on modern readers -- praise the Lord! -- is how this satire on straights being able to choose a more suitable 'lifestyle' reads EXACTLY like what sex-crazed Freudians were writing about Gay people at the time. 

I have the 1938 edition of the American psychiatric standards manual and can tell you it actually says same-sex love is a disease "caused" by a failure of sissy-men to properly "choose" their mother's lactating breasts as their first "sex object" while babies. That is not made up. That was what "professionals" were taught at the time, totally ignoring the glaring irony that every baby girl would thus become a Lesbian if they had "chosen" the "healthy" object of their mother's nursing mammary glands as well. (You can't make this shit up!!!!) So, with this level of clown-thought circulating, it's no wonder Gay men and women suffered under these quack mindsets. Chemical castration, electro torture, lobotomy were the standard "treatments" any same-sex loving person could expect from psychiatric "care" not so very long ago. Lest we forget. 

So when the author above speaks of the twisted lust in the heart of the depraved straight man to thrust his way back into the womb during sex, and is thus "stuck" in underdevelopment as a emotional infant, it reads EXACTLY like the sort of thing being printed about Gay folks. The author is brilliant in creating a theory that is every bit as believable as what the oppressors were saying about same-sex love being a phase that could be overcome by simply trying hard enough.      

Edited by AC Benus
  • Wow 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..