Jump to content
    Aditus
  • Author
  • 106 Words
  • 759 Views
  • 21 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Fireworks & Rain - 2. Rant

I am still angry, in case you wonder,

it's one year since you closed that fucking door,

you managed to shatter me asunder,

left nothing else but tears and bloody gore.

A squirrel jumps upon the marble stone

and watches with your whiskey-colored eyes;

why am I standing here not quite alone,

providing nuts and seeds to your disguise?

You promised me forever, what a joke-

a vibrant future: always together-

one base-exchange and all went up in smoke,

a single grave is my entire tether.

 

One year since you moved on to better lands

maybe it is time for a one-night stand...

Copyright © 2022 Aditus; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
  • Sad 10
Thank you for reading even though/ because of/ it's a poem or just to take a look.
Everything that sounds/is off is entirely my doing.
Any reaction is very much appreciated.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

20 hours ago, Gary L said:

the pain of trying to leave the pain behind 

Yes. That is a totally different level of pain. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment

The pain ypu describe is made tangible. Your words are so simple yet so eloquent. That feeling of loss with nothing that can be done but move on, is extremely difficult to bear.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 9/22/2022 at 10:52 AM, Gary L said:

the pain of trying to leave the pain behind 

Pain squared, yeah. Thank you, for continuing reading my poems, Gary. :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
22 hours ago, Mancunian said:

A simple, but sad, reflection on the difficulties of remembering the past and yet trying to let go and move on. Nicely done.

Thank you, Mancunian. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
16 hours ago, drsawzall said:

Letting go is fraught with difficult memories and emotions... 

Yes indeed, that's exactly what I wanted to express.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
15 hours ago, Bill W said:

I can feel your pain and letting go is never easy, but sometimes you just have to move on.  

Eventually, yes. Thank you for reading and commenting, Bill.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
13 hours ago, Parker Owens said:

There is sometimes a very thin veil between anger and sorrow.  This poem is a perfect illustration. 

I'm glad you think so. :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
11 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

A rant, indeed.  I loved the part about the squirrel disguise.  It must have been a very passionate relationship to provoke this much anger.  Definitely time for a one-night stand.  This was very well-written! 

And you already read so many of my rants...:hug: 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
6 hours ago, Mrsgnomie said:

I must say that you did a better job of expressing it than me. 

Yeah, I have to admit it took me a while getting there. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Doha said:

The pain ypu describe is made tangible. Your words are so simple yet so eloquent. That feeling of loss with nothing that can be done but move on, is extremely difficult to bear.

Yes, you're absolutely right, the sense of powerlessness...

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Ouch. Really powerful poem, Adi. The sad fact is life plays with our best plans, and when we are left alone to pick up the pieces, we can become our pain... raw and bitter... and afraid. Choked me up, this one. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
17 hours ago, Headstall said:

Ouch. Really powerful poem, Adi. The sad fact is life plays with our best plans, and when we are left alone to pick up the pieces, we can become our pain... raw and bitter... and afraid. Choked me up, this one. 

we can become our pain... your words summarize  it perfectly. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, Gary.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
6 hours ago, W_L said:

Oof, this is the poem for bitter breakups, great emotional depth

Ha, yes you could absolutely call death a bitter breakup. Thank you, W_L.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..