Jump to content
    Aditus
  • Author
  • 113 Words
  • 566 Views
  • 22 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Fireworks & Rain - 4. Somewhere

We might never meet, even one single time,

and won’t ever come home from a walk laughing and covered in grime.

The day might never come when I am an unbearable grouch,

and you make me watch a funny movie cuddled up on the couch.

We won't pick out that puppy with the floppy ears.

There will never be any anniversary years.

We won't take a hike and encounter a random black bear,

but I know, you exist—somewhere.

It has to be enough—for now—that I sometimes have these dreams in the early blue morn

and catch hopeful gleams at a future you and me, and not feel forlorn.

Copyright © 2022 Aditus; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
  • Love 9
  • Fingers Crossed 2
  • Sad 1
Thank you for reading even though/ because of/ it's a poem or just to take a look.
Everything that sounds/is off is entirely my doing.
Any reaction is very much appreciated.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

12 hours ago, drsawzall said:

it is said that in seeking love, patience is a virtue...and some effort!

So true, yet so frustrating. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment

We live in hope that the right one will emerge, and in the meantime enjoy time with dear friends. 

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 9/22/2022 at 10:55 AM, Gary L said:

[to] catch hopeful gleams 

lovely writing ✍️ 

Hope didn't remain in Pandora's box, and thank you Gary. :)

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
On 9/22/2022 at 1:35 PM, Mancunian said:

I like it, it expresses the simple hopeful dream that many of us wake with every day.

Yes, I tried to catch that, thank you Mancunian.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
21 hours ago, drsawzall said:

it is said that in seeking love, patience is a virtue...and some effort!

Lol, oh yes you're so right. :)

  • Like 3
Link to comment
20 hours ago, Bill W said:

It only there was a way to turn our dreams into reality.  I feel the pain in thinking about the life you wish you had but has somehow eluded you.  Nice Job, Adi. 

Thank you, Bill, but there's still hope.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
18 hours ago, Parker Owens said:

Sometimes, it is enough for a dream to blow the spark of hope hot enough to flare into love. 

Oh, beautiful!

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
16 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

Those gleams are what give us hope.  Well done, Wolfie :)  

Thank you, Val.

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
11 hours ago, Mrsgnomie said:

Keeping the hope alive can be so difficult. It’s easy to cave and settle for less, but you’ll never be as satisfied.

Absolutely,always keep the eye on the price (dream), and never lose faith.

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
9 hours ago, Doha said:

We live in hope that the right one will emerge, and in the meantime enjoy time with dear friends. 

Maybe they help us looking?

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

My favorite so far, because it fills me with hope and reminds me to not give up. Beautifully written, Adi. I want all of that, except for the black bear. I would prefer a red tailed fox. :)  Thank you for this one. Cheers! 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment

This poem gives me hope and I only wish the same for all those lonely guys seeking someone who completes them.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
18 hours ago, Headstall said:

My favorite so far, because it fills me with hope and reminds me to not give up. Beautifully written, Adi. I want all of that, except for the black bear. I would prefer a red tailed fox. :)  Thank you for this one. Cheers! 

Ha, yes I'd prefer a red tailed fox too, but being through a dangerous situation creates a strong bond. Thank you for your comment, Gary, and never give up, never surrender!

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
5 hours ago, Leo622 said:

The future is a blank canvas, paint the masterpiece that you envision 

I couldn't have said it better, thank you Leo. :)

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..