Jump to content
    Aditus
  • Author
  • 82 Words
  • 5,335 Views
  • 28 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Fireworks & Rain - 5. Dates

Why are some

events noteworthy,

so much so that still after

countless years, and even centuries,

we constantly remember

or are reminded-

forcibly?

 

We’ll never

do that anymore

having found out the hard way:

what the meaning of penitence is

by having to endure grief

and utter sorrow

yet again.

 

So I will

remember fondly

that special moment in life

the joy, the thrill, and sheer awesomeness

of all those funny odd firsts

glances, kisses, sex

yet again.

Copyright © 2022 Aditus; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
  • Love 9
Thank you for reading even though/ because of/ it's a poem or just to take a look.
Everything that sounds/is off is entirely my doing.
Any reaction is very much appreciated.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



As we grow older those memories become more dear, and I do wonder about the fork in the road years ago. 

Thank you for writing these evocative poems. 

Edited by Doha
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 9/22/2022 at 10:58 AM, Gary L said:

The power of memory and those echoes from the past. Those firsts, where, when, what happened, how did I, they feel. This is a really excellent piece of verse.

Thank you, Gary! I will never see the blue of the Mediterranean Sea again as I did the first time years ago when I looked at it from the Promenade des Anglais in Nice.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 9/22/2022 at 1:40 PM, Mancunian said:

I could not have put it better, often those simple memories of 'firsts' can mean more to us that the some of the important events marked in history.

Or..we glorify them a little, but that's perfectly okay in my books.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
On 9/22/2022 at 3:35 PM, Carlos Hazday said:

Nice, Adi. A niversaries can bring a lot of different emotions and you vividly captured some of them.

Thank you, Carlos.

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
21 hours ago, drsawzall said:

We remember our significant 'firsts' as part of our unique and personal history!

I couldn't have said it better. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment
20 hours ago, Bill W said:

As you grow older, the memory of those many firsts may be all you have on a cold night.  Remember them fondly and don't worry about the might-have-been scenarios.  Relish the great memories instead.  

A perfect advice, Bill.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Just now, Aditus said:

Thank you, Gary! I will never see the blue of the Mediterranean Sea again as I did the first time years ago when I looked at it from the Promenade des Anglais in Nice.

A perfect place to see it!  After 20 yrs here in Valencia, and with a distant view of the Med from our balcony,  I still never tire of capturing so many different shades of blue, aquamarine etc.as we walk on the seafront throughout the different seasons - high Summer excluded!!

keep writing!

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
18 hours ago, Parker Owens said:

You capture the melancholy and the sweetness of anniversaries in these skyscrapers. Thank you. 

Thank YOU for reading and your help, Parker.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
16 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

A perfect collection of anniversary remembrances.  Thank you for sharing them with us :hug: 

Thank you for reading and commenting, Val.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
11 hours ago, Mrsgnomie said:

Another round of touching and thought provoking poems. 

And now I'm

happy painted wolf GIF by BBC America

It's not a wolf, I know. 

Thank you for reading and commenting, Mrs. G.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
9 hours ago, Doha said:

As we grow older those memories become more dear, and I do wonder about the fork in the road years ago. 

Thank you for writing these evocative poems. 

Thank you, for reading and sharing your thoughts, Doha.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, Aditus said:

And now I'm

happy painted wolf GIF by BBC America

It's not a wolf, I know. 

Thank you for reading and commenting, Mrs. G.

Can’t find a wolf so you pick a hyena? 🤣🤣🤣

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Mrsgnomie said:

Can’t find a wolf so you pick a hyena?

It's actually an African wild dog. (Sorry can't help myself...biologist and teacher.)

Edited by Aditus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, Aditus said:

It's actually an African wild dog. (Sorry can't help myself...biologist and teacher.)

I mean, isn’t the hyena an African wild dog? 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, Mrsgnomie said:

I mean, isn’t the hyena an African wild dog? 

Nope, look at the ears! While hyenas may bear a physical resemblance to wild dogs, they're actually more closely related to cats.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I'm terrible with actual dates, but I remember all my firsts, and some memories are on a loop when I go to bed at night. I sometimes wake up with an ache for things passed, but it is usually a sweet ache. Memories are treasures that help us make sense of our lives as we turn them to see from every angle. Loss makes gain sweeter, but it's not always easy to appreciate. We need to hold on, yet we must let go. Sigh.

Another great poem... I appreciated all of your efforts here. You are a superb poet who communicates skillfully. Cheers! 

  • Love 3
Link to comment

Appreciate the idea of condensing a date into short verses, my dates recently are mainly online as so few gay guys are interested in contact or coffee :( 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..