Jump to content
    ASH PHOENIX
  • Author
  • 1,108 Words
  • 1,636 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Taming Of The Beast - 21. Chapter 21

Here comes a doozy, everyone. I'm so sorry it took me this long to release it but personal problems have been keeping me from publishing. I hope you enjoy.

 

The silence that echoed was deafening. The twins stared up ahead as their target continued to laugh, mingle and dazzle her guests with her stories. Her time was running out, and it was running out faster and faster. She had been a hard find, hard enough that they were forced to mingle with the mundane. Mundane's who were always curious and not up to their taste. They were early for their standard compared to when they were sent a few days ago but after being told how important this one Doctor was. They had made sure to work faster. Everything counted on them returning this Doctor to the Princes. Whatever the cost. It should have saddened them just how easy this came to them, but for their Kingdom and that of their Half-Blood Prince, they and so many others would sacrifice so much more to keep it and everyone else safe. The twins were vicious, if not deadly; that was why Prince Derek chose them. He knew that they would get the job done. They would not fail; they never did. They would drag her corpse through fire to finish their mission. They had proven it before when they had been part of the team that had rescued and destroyed those involved in what happened to their Prince.

The siblings sat down on the chair, waiting for the arrival of the Doctor. They had waited and watched her as she mingled and ate her last meal before her future was taken from her. She seemed so innocent in the eyes of her peers; her fluency oozed elegance, and yet deep down, she was as rotten as those she worked for. They could smell her from where they sat in her living room. Humans…Mundane's, whatever they were called, were nothing if not predictable.

"Calm, sister. We were told to get her alive." Eli reminded his sister as he grinned, knowing full well that she was plotting the torture that the mundane would endure in her hands before she arrived in the hands of the Prince’s.

Tris smiled innocently. "Alive she will be, brother mine. It was not specified what kind of condition she should be in."

"Alive nonetheless, Tris." Eli rolled his eyes. He knew his sister; soon enough, they would have the mundane on a slab ready for dissecting. Eli just knew it. It was a very long trip back home. Pity, Eli thought as he stared around the room, carefully spotting the Doctor's achievements through science. She would have been useful had she not turned out to be a traitorous bitch.

Tris smirked devilishly. Her brother knew her better than anyone; she knew that he didn't expect her to turn on the charm - not for this Doctor. She was expected to be cruel, vicious, and damn near terrifying. She was after all a Guard. A warrior. She would do what was needed to be done. That hardly ever meant that she couldn't have fun with their prey beforehand. She was knocked off her train of thought when footsteps were heard coming their way.

The Doctor.

Alone.

Finally.

She was expecting to be greeted by silence; they both knew that. She'd come accustomed to the quiet, except this time, it was different. They waited for her to enter the living room; they could smell her perfume. Expensive and seductive. They watched as she entered without turning on the lights; she walked towards the liquor cabinet, pouring herself a glass of whiskey, neat. She was comfortable, they wanted that, They needed that, They had her.

If they had been sent to kill her. She'd already been dead. They were surprised when her cellphone rang; the twins looked at each other as she groaned once she looked at the Identity of her caller. They smiled at each other as she placed it on loud.

"What do you want?" The Doctor asked, annoyed.

"Trevor is dead, Annabelle." The voice on the other end was scared, they could tell. It lacked confidence instead oozed fear.

There was silence from Doctor Annabelle Grey. "How?"

There was shuffling paper before life sprung from the other end of the line. "Lycan's found him."

"Have we retrieved his body yet?" Annabelle took a sip of her whiskey. She seemed unbothered by the news; however, both twins could sense that she was running scared deep down. Fear was crippling, especially when mundane's were concerned. Fear was a killer. Fear was something no one could outrun, even supernatural creatures. Even doctors who thought they were God.

"No."

"Do they know?" Annabelle's question intrigued the twins; they waited for the answer; It would prove vital.

"Annabelle…"

"Do they know, Lucas?" Annabelle repeated.

"Yes. It's the talk of the entire facility. Annabelle, I know how much Trevor meant to you." Lucas started before he stopped. "I'm sorry."

Annabelle sighed. "He knew the risks. I knew the risks."

"I have to go. I just wanted to let you know before they tell you."

"Thank you, Lucas. I appreciate it." The phone went dead. There was a single tear that escaped her. She couldn't stop it even if she wanted to. Trevor had come to mean something to her. He had come to become something of a son to her.

"So she is human, after all. How interesting." Tris' voice was loud in the Doctor's ear. She was surprised; she showed it when she let her glass slip from her fingers. It was apparent she hadn't expected them. Her fortress had been infiltrated.

Annabelle looked delicious terrified; the twins couldn’t stop beaming. The mundane knew what came next. “What? Cat got your tongue, doctor?”

“Now, now, sister. She looks just about ready to drop dead.” Eli commented as he looked the mundane up and down. The in control woman suddenly was gone and instead what replaced her was a weakling. Eli just knew they were going to have plenty of fun with her. “Let’s give her room to breath.”

Tris raised a brow. “Why, brother? Going soft all of a sudden?”

Annabelle stood there frozen. She couldn’t find herself to say anything. She had expected this, but she had thought she had time. She had hidden herself in plain sight, she’d gone through hell for the kind of money needed for the security in her fortress but all it took for the Lycans was a simple walk through the front door and they were in.

“Who are you?”

The doctor watched the girl as she gave her a blood thirsty grin. “Guess.”

Annabelle’s paled. She’d miscalculated. “Monsters.”

Both Tris and Eli shared a menacing look. “Poetic too. How enlightening.”

2017 Ash Phoenix; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 19
  • Love 15
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..