Jump to content
    ASH PHOENIX
  • Author
  • 1,848 Words
  • 4,365 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Taming Of The Beast - 8. Chapter 8

Thank you to JayT for his awesomeness, dude you're awesome. I really hope you guys get to at least understand a little bit of Bastian and his past. Thank you for following and liking this story :) 

It had only been two days since he had last seen his mate. He tried to distract himself with the hunt rather than sitting in a corner sulking. He couldn’t let his guard down, it wasn’t an option. The more he thought about the mission, the more he realized he needed to get his head in the game. The separation from his mate was doing a number on him. He could feel his mate even though their connection was faint since they hadn’t mated yet. He knew Mason could feel him as well. He tried hard not to tap into his mate’s emotions as much as he could. He wouldn’t do that to him; he wanted Mason to be happy; not thinking about him and hoping they saw each other again.

Bastian wore an all-black suit. He knew the meeting with the Alpha could be either good or bad. The Alpha was an honorable man and the Royals respected him for his leadership skills, the way he led his pack into the new century, and that he accepted the fact that everyone was different. He hoped that the meeting would give them something. Bastian ran his fingers through his hair, he smirked as he looked at the mirror; he looked damn good, like a true Prince should. He rarely ever wore suits mainly because he never felt like himself and his individuality was important to him. He nodded at the man looking back at him in the mirror; he cracked a smile as he walked back to the bed to grab his wallet and phone.

As he walked out of his bedroom, he greeted Taron. The lycan was looking rather neat himself with his own grey suit. They didn’t expect there to be fighting or a need to defend themselves; so, dressing up for a meeting with someone as respected as an Alpha was always something they all needed to do. They all cleaned up nicely, but none like Luciana. She wore a beautiful lattice detail choker neck dress with grey suede pumps finished by Vanessa Bruno Dugny oversized belted wool and cashmere-blend coat. The moment she had spotted him, she gave him a nod as she stood up from her chair.

“Alright, let’s get going,” Bastian said as he took one final breath.

The safe house was in an isolated area and no one knew where they were exactly. The High Lord Regent of all the covens, the strongest wizard around, had personally cloaked all safe houses from those who wished harm upon them. The drive towards the Alpha’s territory kept him deep in thought and the mumbles and the laughs in the background were faint for him. His head was spinning. He could hear Taron’s voice through the phone as Drew followed with a joke. The moment they got to the territory Bastian looked through the window and sighed, he needed to start acting like a Prince.

Bastian opened the door for Luciana holding her hand as he closed the car door. He knew she was just as nervous as he was. They all were. He noticed the welcoming committee who waited for them to approach. “Welcome, my Prince and Princess.” The woman smiled as she bowed her head followed by the man standing beside her. Bastian noted they were probably mated by the way he stood beside her. “Royal Warriors, my name is Elena and this is my mate Stefan, the Alpha’s son. His brother is away on business,” she greeted as she bowed again along with the male.

Luciana’s smile went wide. “Thank you, Elena and Stefan.”

Bastian held her hand tighter than he had ever done, he needed to know that she was there. “Please lead the way,” he said.

Stefan followed Elena but turned to look at Taron who was busy looking for weaknesses with the packs security. “You’re warriors?”

Taron barely heard the question, but he answered anyway. “Yes, we’re born and bred. We keep the peace.”

Stefan nodded finding it fascinating. “I’ve heard warriors rarely leave their King’s side.”

Taron raised a brow but then smiled at Stefan. “We rarely ever do but the Prince is here and we must always be wherever he is. He is both a Prince and a warrior himself.”

Stefan nodded in understanding. He had always admired the Royal Warriors who did what was necessary to protect them all. They were always there, but never seen; like a shadow.

As they entered the Alpha’s home, Stefan smiled at his father and mother. They were both sitting waiting for their guests. His mother stood up the moment the guests entered, she bowed to them with a smile as Elena and her came with drinks. He knew Stefan was learning to be a leader a leader for his people; although his father would not retire quite, yet he needed to learn the ropes.

The Alpha cleared his throat. “Welcome to my home, Warriors.” He didn’t single them out which Bastian liked.

Bastian nodded he had always liked being called a warrior. He had worked hard to be what he was and the more he trained the more pride he felt. “Thank you, Alpha. We came as soon as we could.”

The Alpha nodded, looking around the table. “Yes, some of my pack members were abducted. You returned those that were still alive, and they have some information that I think you would find useful in finding who is responsible.”

Hale spoke up. “We returned three pack members. They were not looking too good. Bastian asked if you could take one more in and you agreed since he had no pack. Was he the one who had information?”

The Alpha held his mate’s hand under the table. “Yes, Adam had more information to share than the others. He told me how the Prince saved him from being killed, how you all saved everyone when they all had lost hope. He never expected to survive; he didn’t know how much more he could take.” The Alpha met the Prince’s eyes. “He lives with us here. Stefan here has taken a liking to him as a little brother. He’s being well protected and no one will ever hurt him here. Stefan and Elena would never let anyone near him again but he asked if I could tell you what he told me. He is scared that something is coming and it’s not good.”

Bastian picked up the glass in front of him and took a sip. “What does he want us to know?”

The Alpha swallowed hard. “They were forced to fight to see who was strong enough to handle what they wanted to do to them. They were injected with something. Whatever it was, it made them different. Nobody made it. They died because they weren’t strong enough. Adam thinks they were trying to make a stronger being.” The Alpha looked at Bastian. “There was only one survivor from earlier trials. Adam says they are looking for patient X, the one they created with success. They want the venom of patient X or blood he isn’t sure but he knows they are looking for the one they were successful with because he and only he can create their new breed and lead his children.”

Bastian could feel himself tense up; he knew who they spoke of and he knew this day would come. He felt like his entire healing was crashing down on him and he had no lifeline to hold on to. He was being hunted and suddenly everything came into place.

He couldn’t go back to that place. He knew it would break him again and destroy everything he had rebuilt. He was going to lose his mate before he even had a chance with him. Bastian could feel his friend’s eyes on him. He could feel Luciana’s hand reach for his in comfort. They knew who it was the Alpha spoke of.

Luciana spoke up. “May we see Adam please? I’m sure he would love to see us.”

The Alpha nodded as Elena stood. She walked out of the room and after a few minutes came back with the boy Bastian had saved from getting killed. He smiled the moment he saw Bastian, who had stood up and turned to look at him. Before long Adam was in Bastian’s arms in a hug. Bastian was glad he was being taken care of and was in a pack that was as good as this one.

Adam let go of Bastian as he sat beside Elena. “Adam, did you see these people who held you?” Luciana asked him.

Adam nodded shyly. “Yes. They smelled like wolves. They had partners who I couldn’t see. They couldn’t stop talking about patient X. I would always listen in whenever they thought I wasn’t. They want to finish what they started and create a new breed. Whatever they tried, it never worked. They figured out a way to stop losing lab rats, which was us. They sent out hunters to smoke the one out, but came up empty.” Adam looked at the Prince. “They want someone they could control. They want to break us and turn us into monsters.”

Bastian blamed himself now for all the werewolves that had been taken and died. This was his fault. They wanted him and they wanted him to know it. No one would walk out of this alive. He was sad and hurt because he knew his time was almost up. If they got their hands on him, he would be a danger to everyone he loved. He was aware that his mating bond was transferring his emotions to Mason, but he couldn’t help it.

“I’m going to kill them all,” Bastian heard himself say. He didn’t even care that everyone in the room heard him. His friends knew he meant what he said; they understood the need he had. “They will never see the light of day again. Trial is not an option.”

Taron nodded. “Thank you for your help, Adam. We’ll make sure you and everyone else never has to feel that pain ever again.”

Adam smiled. “I’m eternally grateful to you all for being there before that guy killed me. You all saved me.”

They all smiled at Adam and then turned to Bastian who sat there with his drink. He was thinking of a plan.

Elena’s voice rose from the silence. “May I ask, I’ve always wondered, do royal warriors ever mate?”

Drew met Elena’s eyes. “Yes, we do mate. In fact the Prince has recently found his mate.”

“How can he bare being away from his mate?” Elena asked.

Drew looked at Bastian. “His mate is an Alpha’s son, a future Alpha. They haven’t bonded yet. We mate whenever we find our soul mates. We are not made of stone”

Elena nodded in understanding as she held Stefan’s hand squeezing it lightly.

“Would you like to stay for dinner?” The Alpha-mate asked.

Luciana gave the Alpha-mate a smile. “Yes, please. We have a long week ahead of us.”

2017 Ash Phoenix; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 37
  • Love 9
  • Wow 4
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

It certainly looks like there are interesting times ahead . WOW I can't wait for the next chapter. This just keeps getting better. Thank you.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..