Jump to content
    ASH PHOENIX
  • Author
  • 3,215 Words
  • 1,059 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Taming Of The Beast - 23. Chapter 23

I hope that you all enjoy this chapter. I finally got to introduce some more character's that I have been wanting to introduce to you, guys. I hope that you all had an amazing Valentine's and spent it with loved ones. I thought I could give you a late present, I'm sorry it was supposed to have been finished by Feb 14 but life happened but better late than never, right? I love you guys so much. ❤️😍

“She’s mundane, how could she have gotten so close?” Bastian yelled as he looked at the twins, who had hunted and caught their prey but still had little answers to tell their royals. They had done their jobs, what they had been told except now their princes were livid.

“Her mother wants immortality, and she was fortunate enough to get a supply from Alphas and Betas to supply the wolves for experiments. Some of the experiments were used for their extended lifespans.” Eli replied. “As we all know, we aren’t like mundane’s. Our lifespans is triple what the mundane’s is and her mother wanted what the werewolves got.”

“Tris, what else did you find out?” Derek asked as he sat down on the couch, he noted his brother’s anger making a mental note to talk later.

“She is an easy target; she allowed her mother to control her. To drag her into this. “Tris surmised. `’Before she had no idea we even existed, plus she got curious when she was told about Prince Bastian. They now call him patient zero and the plans they have for him are not kind, not kind at all.”

Derek stole a glance at his brother, he knew what Bastian was thinking. He could hear it clear as day and as much as he knew his little brother, he also knew that this was something that he wanted to end, to be over and done with however they had to fight tooth and nail in order to end it. When he had rescued his little brother before, he had gotten the help of the vampires and now Derek knew that they were now involved more than ever. They would need to work together in order to rescue Bastian as the vampires saw and acknowledged Bastian as their Crown Prince. The Lycan’s saw and acknowledged him as their Prince. Both species had accepted and loved him as only they could. Bastian had united a species that had long ago been at war. Bastian was beloved by King Consort Bjorn and was treated like his own son which in a way was his own son.

“We’ve seen the files and what was in her computer, I want the Alphas and the Betas who dared sell their own kin for scraps from a selfish and pathetic mundane. I want to see them paying for their crimes and Derek, I want to see them bleeding on the floor begging for their lives. I will accept no less.” Bastian’s eyes turned black in anger. The inner Lycan screaming to be let out.

“We can set up a sting operation for the mother.” Tris grinned.

“Sting operation?” Derek asked confused.

“Yes, Your Royal Highness,” Eli said. “It is a mundane term for we can catch her in the act and make her suffer. It is immortality that she wants, immortality she would get.”

Both Bastian and Derek looked at each other as if communicating. “What would you need?” Derek asked after a moment with his brother. They both trusted the Lycans and knew that their thirst for blood and their loyalty to the royals would not deter them for a moment.

“Don’t worry about that, Your Royal Highnesses. We have everything under control, and she won’t know what hit her plus we will receive the biggest prey.” Eli waved.

“I want to see her,” Bastian demanded. He meant their captivate, their hostage, and their ocean of information. The doctor, the female, and the soon-to-be-dead informant needed to be seen. Bastian didn’t care about the state she was in, no, he only cared that she was still alive, she was breathing and nothing else mattered. Both he and Derek had known the extent that the twins would get to.

The twins led them towards a basement door, they clicked it open and walked downstairs. Both princes noticed the soundproof, it had come in handy after all. They were met with a woman on the slab naked as the day she was born. She had to be cold, the twins kept it cold as if in the morgue.

“Get her something to wear or else she’ll be useless to us,” Derek ordered, hypothermia being a worry of theirs. This was a mundane, weak, and unable to raise the kind of heat they all had.

“Wake her up, I need to talk to her,” Bastian told the twins who walked towards a water bottle, Tris grinned before she splashed it on the doctor’s face, and just like that, she was awake and gasping for air.

She looked at her surroundings, she had hoped that this had all been a dream, that she was still back home in her own bed and into her own life. She had been reckless; she had been stupid in believing that she would never be caught. She knew the moment she saw the new faces that her life belonged to them now and she was their property if she wanted to live and continue breathing.

“Do you know where you are, human?” The voice was laced with so much anger that she wondered if she was in danger.

“N-n-no.” She replied. “They didn’t…didn’t tell me.”

“My name is Crown Prince Derek of the Lycan’s and that is Prince Bastian of Lycan’s and Crown Prince of the entire vampiric society. For that, we should thank you because, without you, my brother, my little brother wouldn’t have been tortured, created to become what he is.” Derek sneered. “You see, my brother wants you dead, of course, you understand. He wants to see you beg for your life and the twins want to continue their torture. We’ve come to a standstill.”

“Killing her would make me ever so happy, dear brother. Don’t you want to make your little brother happy?” Bastian grinned down at the doctor. This had been patient zero, the one they had been missing and desiring for. He could have done so much for them. “But then again, watching the twins torture her would make me just a little less angry than I ‘am right now.”

The doctor panicked, the mere thought of being tortured by the twins, the devilish twins who marveled at the mere sight of blood gave her a fright. She could not do it. Not anymore. “No, please. Save me.” She begged.

Bastian, she remembered cackled at her plea, she who had wanted to torture him, wanted to be her minion was begging him for help. “I’ve just had a thought, brother. The twins it is as long as she is alive that is alright with me unless….” He spoke. “Unless you tell us about your mother, your family, and everything about you, your friends, and Doctor Lucas Kumar.”

The doctor sighed. She knew that she had to work for her freedom, at least away from the twins who would enjoy cutting into her like meat. She was scared, she was in fear of what awaited her once they left her with the twins. She had to play ball or else she knew she would end up dead just like Trevor.

“My mother’s name is Desdemona Glass, she’s the founder and CEO of Glass Pharmaceuticals. Four years ago, my father died while on a hunting trip. It devastated her but she moved along with the times. Two years ago, she met with Curtis Dunn who told her that he could help her become immortal only if she could ensure that she would be able to help them with getting more power. The Lycans, you were in control, and they wanted to fight you out of the throne which was ridiculous because you’ve been on the throne for millennia.” Annabelle breathed. “Curtis told her about Bastian, patient zero, and how strong he became and how much he could be their weapon against you. He told her that a select few Alphas and Betas would supply her with their kin in order to replicate what was done to Bastian but none of it took. The blood was contaminated, and on each try, the poor wolves ended up dead except for some who fought and survived but they weren’t Bastian. They didn’t have the hunger.” She looked at Bastian. “We needed the Alpha to come home and that is when we met Trevor, we promised him the world plus Bastian, and he bit. Of course, we knew that Bastian was our property however things didn’t work out. Trevor ended up dead and here I am.”

“I know Curtis, that sleazeball. He must have roped in Declan, Sam, Gill, and Lim.” Bastian bit his lip.

“How were you going to kidnap my brother?” Derek asked more in anger than calm. He was angry, he had saved his brother once but now there he was once again, and his brother was in danger. Derek wanted to kill the doctor where she was strapped.

Annabelle thought for a moment. “We had an informant who would spike Bastian’s drink and we would steal him away from you and make him ours.”

Bastian walked past his brother, he leaned toward the doctor’s face. His fangs in full view, his eyes turned. “I will never be yours.”

Eli and Tris hurried inside the basement, they both kneeled which prompted the princes to pay them attention.

“What is it?” Bastian asked.

They looked at each other before Eli took point. “Vampire Elders, Roark, and Run are here to see you. They’ve heard we’ve caught the prey.”

Both Derek and Bastian looked at each other before they were out the door leaving the doctor with the twins. Tris grinned as he looked down at her, the fear was visible, and the doctor knew that the twins enjoyed that kind of fear from her.

“Shall we play with our precious cargo, brother mine?”

“If only you don’t break her, sister mine.”

Vampire Elders, Roark, and Run sat down on the chair that the Lycan twins had provided for them. They liked the twins; they were respectable and their thirst for blood gave them a joy that bubbled inside them. Vampire Elder Run, his Asian skin glistened in the light of the room. Vampire Elder Roark’s dark skin ever so fair and beautiful made both princes envious. This man, these men were the line of defense of the Lycan society.

They had wanted to see Bastian for a very long time however, work had gotten too busy, and their King Consort had needed them by his side. They wanted to protect Bastian, their Crown Prince, the Lycan who had the blood of their one true King coursing through his veins.

“Elders,” Bastian said as he kneeled, not because they were lesser than he was but because it was respected. They had taken him under their wing and introduced him to their way of life and protected him. Bastian smiled when Derek did the very same. They were both Prince but still, these were Elders who commanded respect wherever they went. “What can we do for you?”

“Rise, my princes.” Vampire Elder Run said with a smile on his face.

“We heard about your troubles, we wanted to come sooner, but business held us up. We are here to help in any way that you desire. Our King Consort, excuse me, our Queen sends his love, and he told us to tell you that he will be here within a month’s time.” Vampire Elder Roark said.

“A month?” Derek gasped.

Both vampire Elders nodded. “He will assist in this fight. You are his son, his heir and he and your Lycan parents have already decided the next course of action. He will be here in a month’s time. Preparations will be needed to be made.” Vampire Elder Run explained.

“Don’t worry, the Black Valley Pack have offered their accommodations once we all return.” Vampire Elder Roark said. “We have also infiltrated the Glass family. The twins will stand for us, and they will be able to learn and catch their prey. I hear they love the chase.”

“We would like to meet the doctor who dares attempt to be a god.” Vampire Elder Run sneered.

Bastian and Derek led the two vampire elders down the basement, Bastian could see from the corner of his eyes the pure bliss on the faces of the vampires as they got closer to the screaming mundane on the slab. It was pure joy for them.

Both Tris and Eli kneeled in front of the vampire elders, they were told to stand up before the elders walked side by side examining the mundane. Scrutinizing her in every way possible.

“The twins have been doing good work.” Vampire Elder Run commented. Their work was sublime. “Shall we take over, Tris…Eli?”

The twins shook their heads in unison. “No, my Elders. We’ve got this.”

Vampire Elder Roark grunted. “You won’t have time. You have work to do. We will either kill the doctor’s mother or we will burn down her entire family with her included.”

The twins understood what was being said. “Annabelle Glass, you have committed a crime against the Lycan and Vampiric society. You have committed offenses that will not be forgiven and for that, you will spend the rest of your life wishing you were dead.” Vampire Elder Run leaned over to the doctor on the slab to give her, her sentence. “We take very good care of our prisoners; you’ll soon be regretting your actions.”

Annabelle shook her head. “No, please.”

The twins released her restraints, bathed her, and they gave her food and then they looked at her. She looked worse for wear, but the twins knew that something bad was coming for her. They had helped her; she was being treated as a mundane once more but once the vampire elders and the princes walked back inside the basement.

Vampire Elder Roark vampire sped in her direction; he wrapped his hand around her throat. His fangs descended and he bit into her throat as she screamed for dear life. The blood, the Elder hated, tasted of death and decay, but they needed her to feel the pain she had done to others. Once he was done, he let her body fall to the floor.

Her turning would be soon, she would be one of them and she would never be able to overturn it. Not when she was one of them. The best way to make sure she understood was to be one of them.

Roark licked his lips in disgust. “She tastes of death and decay. I hate that taste.”

“Load her up and we’ll take her to where she needs to go.” Run ordered. “She’ll either need to adapt or die of hunger. It’ll be so much fun to watch.”

The twins loaded picked her up and placed her on the couch, the first time she had been upstairs, and she had been unconscious. Both Run and Roark picked her up and said a small spell that their witch had taught them, and they were gone. They walked inside the big spacious room and placed her into the bed, they made sure that the witches had magically made sure that she was imprisoned within the room, and no one would be able to step foot unless it was one of them, the Elders, the King Consort and the Lycan’s. This had been a better prison than the one she had been in before.

Where the twins had tortured her, none stop, where she had become their Guinea pig. She would stay within their walls and would play by their rules. She had no choice.

They returned to the princes and the twins. “It is done.”

“Are we sure she won’t attempt to escape?” Derek asked, worried about what Bastian might do if she ever escaped. Death was the only solution.

“She won’t escape.” Vampire Elder Roark grinned. “Besides she is one of us now. It’s either she adapts, or she dies, and besides, she won't make up a fuss. She’ll tell us what we need to know with or without her assistance. The mind is a fickle thing and with the witch community on our side, she’ll save herself if she decided to play ball with us because those witches hate what has been happening.”

“They are afraid it might happen in their community.” Vampire Elder Run explained.

Bastian shook his head. “It won’t. The doctor and her mother will die a very painful death if they touch the witch community. That is a vow. They’ve been kind to us, helped us, protected us, and besides King Vashon and the King Consort Bjorn are stern supporters of the witch community.”

“Speaking of Bjorn, how is he?” Derek asked.

Run raised a brow. “The true King Vashon awakens slowly; Bjorn feels it and can also feel the fear within the bastard king. He wants an army in order to defeat Vashon, but we all know he can never defeat him”

“The bastard King is involved in wanting to capture my brother, isn’t he? He wants him to be his weapon against Vashon.” Derek asked, things were coming together now, and they were making much more sense. There was one person who feared the true King once he was awakened, the bastard King held no power, especially with those who had bent the knee to him. The one who held power had been the one who had let the bastard king take over all because of a prophecy. The Bastard King Drakkon needed the monster that was Bastian.

“He is.” Run answered. “Our spies within the palace tell us that he was the one who handed the blood of his brother out and pretended it had been stolen. He was also the one who orchestrated the capture of the Prince of Lycan’s so many years ago. Bastian was the second born but no one counted on you, Derek hunting down everyone and everything who knew something. When you burned down that facility you made a reputation for yourself.”

Derek couldn’t contain the anger any longer. He gritted his teeth. “How does the Glass family fit into this?”

“Of course, years ago they were not involved because they were unknown and mundane. When you destroyed the facility, he needed a new one and in came Desdemona Glass’s desire for immortality because Curtis Dunn is a world-class idiot, he didn’t realize he had roped his friends into supplying corpses. Drakkon knew that nothing would do until they had Bastian. Bastian would lead the army; he would be his perfect general.” Roark ran his hand through his bald head. “Drakkon doesn’t intend on giving Desdemona immortality instead he will kill her and everyone involved.”

Tris and Eli had been listening and they now understood why the vampire elders had arrived. They needed information within the facility to rescue all those who had been captured already.

“I sent two of my guys to investigate,” Bastian said.

Run gave him a smile. “They are fine, if we have learned anything about your kind during our unity is that they can adapt. Curtis Dunn won’t go quietly and we don’t want him to. We want to drag him through the village so he can be seen by everyone, exposed.”

2017 Ash Phoenix; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 16
  • Love 14
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Interesting chapter , I read recently, "revenge even if it takes ,50 years still has its milk teeth " so it will never elapse only it gets more refined. Patience is coming to an end , an endless lifetime of pain and misery awaits them 

Link to comment
On 3/17/2023 at 2:59 AM, mikedup said:

Interesting chapter , I read recently, "revenge even if it takes ,50 years still has its milk teeth " so it will never elapse only it gets more refined. Patience is coming to an end , an endless lifetime of pain and misery awaits them 

Thank you. The streets will be paved in blood and pain and so much suffering. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..