Jump to content
    ASH PHOENIX
  • Author
  • 1,542 Words
  • 4,901 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Taming Of The Beast - 9. Chapter 9

Hey, everyone. So sorry for the long wait. I have some reservations about this chapter because I feel like something is missing but can not figure it out. However with that said, I hope you guys like this one :).

Bastian hadn’t ever thought this would be how he would he ever die, he wasn’t thinking about how much the pain was emitting in his body, he wasn’t thinking about the fact that it was ripping through his beast like a damn grenade, he could himself shatter from the inside. He was in trouble and everyone in that house knew it, the Prince could hear whispers among his friends but he was too far gone to focus on anything, on anyone around him. He could feel their worry, their fear for him.

His claws sprung out of his fingers as he dug them into his mattress, he could feel them dig deeper into the smoothness and softness of the mattress, he looked at the ceiling for what seemed like forever until the door sprung open, his screams which turned into howls were heard from within the room and he thanked the Gods that the entire house had been sound proofed since they had extra activities in the house. The Prince tried to frown the moment his cousin walked in holding a tray of warm water, with a damp cloth and cold water. She sat on the bed as she hugged him to her wrapping her arms around his neck, she just sat there and comforted him in a loving way, she knew he could feel her there, she was wounded and hated what was happening to their beloved leader and friend.

The moment she touched him, his skin vibrated of heat followed by shivers that were rare for the Prince, he was in pain and the more this happened the more the princess couldn’t help but wonder. Had they made a mistake? Had they made a terrible mistake that the Prince was now paying for? She closed her eyes the moment Bastian started the screams and howls once more but this time more painful, his eyes glowed deep blue which only meant his beast was climbing the walls, trying to break through his skin. She knew that Bastian was strong but she couldn't stand by and watch as he was being destroyed.

Everyone in the house had started sleeping in the same room as the Prince, they couldn’t stop the pain but they at least could let the man know that he was surrounded by those that loved and accepted him like he was, he was loved. The pain was something new to him, it was ripping into his skin from the inside, burning his insides like a furnace. His body was in a battle with itself, his animal breaking bone. He wanted out, he wanted freedom and the pain would only get so much greater. He was nowhere ready to fight for control when he could feel weak, he could feel his human unable to gain control. He couldn’t stop it even if he wanted to and he hated that, he couldn’t control his own animal, not when their world had been crashing down around them. His distress alerted his friends but they had only watched on in fear of coming closer except for Luciana who hadn't moved from her original place. Her fingers kept brushing through his hair in comfort, his animal howling.

Luciana looked at the others around the room “We should call Derek.”

Drew shook his head “Bastian will kill us if we even try.”

Taron flopped on the bed beside Luciana away from Bastian “It’s the mating call. We need to call and get his mate here or this will become more frequent and we’ll never get our mission done”

Luciana looked down at her cousin still her arms around him “Getting his mate involved will for sure get us killed. He doesn’t know where he stands with Mason and getting him here will complicate things. He can handle this, he needs to do this.”

Hale walked into the room holding the phone in his hand “We need to tell him when he wakes up from this. He’s in pain and the more he is away from Mason, the more this will become a problem. Bastian doesn’t want emotions clouding his judgment but this…this is big” He looked at the Prince “It’s bad enough he found out he’s basically being hunted by psychopaths who want to turn him into their own personal monster. The news might have triggered this.”

Drew breathed “We’re not letting him do this alone. We all fucked up that day and if we fuck up again. Guarantee Derek will kick all our asses”

Hale shook his head “Derek will shit bricks when he finds out all those fuckers didn’t die.”

Bastian could hear voices around him, he wanted to come into the light and open his eyes but as he tried, he couldn’t. He needed to get out of this, he needed to find his way back. His mind kept replaying the meeting with Adam and the discovery. His future seemed bleak from where he stood, he knew his brother would die before anyone would ever drag him back to that hell but he couldn’t ask that of him. He hoped that Mason could understand because wherever he looked he would forever be hunted by those who wanted him for their own personal gains. Bastian being what he was scared him, he had tried to protect those around him, bled for them but it seemed all his efforts were for nothing. He was going to have to end it once and for all. There had been times in his life when he had thought he would lose control, he would kill and never become the man he once knew.

After a night of pure torture and pain, he could feel his eyes finally flicker. He looked at the ceiling one more time and then felt the arms around him, the first feel of his body, his nose flared searching the room until he found the source, the scent belonged to Luciana and his friends. They were sleeping around him, they were all in the same room trying to give him the stability he needed to get out of what he was going through, whatever it was he had gone through.

He wiggled himself out of Luciana’s grip, laying her on her side so she could sleep peacefully, he walked over to the bathroom so he could wash his face. He looked himself over in the mirror, the sweat he had accumulated since the nightmare at least he hoped it was a nightmare, he knew his need to avoid his nightmares would come back to bite him. He could feel the pull of the moon so he splashed water over his face one more time before drying himself off, brushing his teeth he walked out of the bathroom and sat on the bed watching over his friends.

He felt Luciana wake before she opened her eyes “You shouldn’t have left Mason”

He agreed with her but he wouldn’t tell her that “I don’t want him involved. If he gets killed it's my fault. I’m not having that.”

She opened her eyes “What you went through, what you’ve been going through. Your animal is reminding you how much you need him. How much he needs you. Your animal is going to rip into your skin if you don’t make it right with your mate. He chose him and you chose each other.”

Bastian shrugged “I almost destroyed my bed”

Luciana chuckled “That and everything else here. You’re a Warrior Prince, cousin. Destroying a bed is hardly the only thing you’ll destroy I’m sure”

“I know you wanted me to bring him with us but I wasn’t about to lead him to the slaughter. That would have been unfair. He will have a lot of chances of doing that for his pack.” Bastian turned to lay on his side so he could look at his cousin “When I kissed him goodbye, I just threw caution to the wind. This distance is good for us so we can both figure out what we want, where we want to take this. Rejection is not something I would take all too well especially from my own mate.”

Luciana ran her fingers over his cheek “Darling if he ever did that, I’d kill him for you. No one ever gets to hurt my baby like that. Bastian, you are the most selfless person I have ever met and you would lay your life for someone else, he would never reject you. You’re basically the perfect mate. You may think you’re broken but so is everyone else. You’re not alone in this, you’ve got us and everyone else. We’ve got your back always.”

“I want to find Trevor first before we got back. If we don’t, this will hang over my head for the rest of my life and I can’t. I promised Mason I would go back to him and I’ll keep that promise but first, we have a mission to get done. I’m not dropping this.” Bastian said as he smiled at his cousin “Besides if we don't find him, chances of things escalating are huge. We find him, we get what we want and we go back. Packs can't keep losing members like that, its slaughter.”

2017 Ash Phoenix; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 40
  • Love 9
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I´m so glad we are back on track and I'm looking forward to see how this story will unfold. Thank you for sharing your story with us. :)

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Bastien's a little stubborn and short sighted, isn't he?  If he's going through all this pain, doesn't he know that Mason is feeling it?  If Mason being there will help him, why is he objecting to him being there? He's not giving his mate a chance to help. Thanks for the update. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Mason?  The missing element is Mason.  You are writing about Bastian's mission, but what about the connection to Mason?  Also the nightmares that Bastian and Mason could share since they are true mates?   This is a story about connections, the main one between Mason and Bastian, what are the nightmares that Mason has?  Just my thoughts and opinions.  I am enjoying the story so far and hope you finish this great story!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 7/14/2017 at 7:07 PM, Ivric said:

Mason?  The missing element is Mason.  You are writing about Bastian's mission, but what about the connection to Mason?  Also the nightmares that Bastian and Mason could share since they are true mates?   This is a story about connections, the main one between Mason and Bastian, what are the nightmares that Mason has?  Just my thoughts and opinions.  I am enjoying the story so far and hope you finish this great story!

The missing element is Mason, yes but the thing is with these nightmares is that they aren't exactly nightmares but so much as the effects of leaving him behind. His animal is protesting the actions Bastian took by leaving Mason behind. I'm hoping I can get Mason's side to the effects he has been going through because I can guarantee you that he too has been through some heavy shit lol :). Thank you :) and yes I will finish this story however slow it takes. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 7/14/2017 at 0:01 AM, LadyDe said:

Bastien's a little stubborn and short sighted, isn't he?  If he's going through all this pain, doesn't he know that Mason is feeling it?  If Mason being there will help him, why is he objecting to him being there? He's not giving his mate a chance to help. Thanks for the update. 

 

Yes, he is stubborn. The way he sees it is that he doesn't want to get Mason killed but I agree with you that he isn't giving Mason a chance but then again someone would have to intervene before he actually can't control himself anymore. Bastian wants Mason but he has insecurities and fears, rest assured these two will reunite sooner than we expected because obviously, both can't be away from each other for long. 

Link to comment
On 7/6/2017 at 5:27 PM, mogwhy said:

to this reader the only thing i see missing, is what is happening to Mason :)

:D:D I'm working on that part very soon, it'll be up soon as its finished. Thank you :) 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
6 hours ago, ASH PHOENIX said:

The missing element is Mason, yes but the thing is with these nightmares is that they aren't exactly nightmares but so much as the effects of leaving him behind. His animal is protesting the actions Bastian took by leaving Mason behind. I'm hoping I can get Mason's side to the effects he has been going through because I can guarantee you that he too has been through some heavy shit lol :). Thank you :) and yes I will finish this story however slow it takes. 

Keep up the great work!  And I would rather wait for quality than rush for quantity. 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..