Jump to content
    ASH PHOENIX
  • Author
  • 1,323 Words
  • 3,328 Views
  • 5 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Taming Of The Beast - 12. Chapter 12

This story is not beta read, so every mistake is my own. I'am however looking for an editor for this story and my others after this one is finished which will be pretty soon hopefully 😀

 

He could hear the screams that originated from the basement, he could hear Trevor beg for mercy but that wasn’t enough and wouldn’t be until he spilled his guts and told them all of his little dirty secrets and everything else, the royal warriors were good at extracting information from those who thought they were all smarter than them. Bastian couldn’t stop but smirk devilishly as the screams replayed inside his head, he thanked God that the house was in isolation and any kind of sound could be heard only by those of the supernatural who knew how to use their hearing. He noticed the man that stood there across from the living room his back to him, Bastian stopped dead on his tracks as he watched as the man turn and face him. He couldn’t believe it, there his mate stood his smile was evident but Bastian noticed the dark circles around his eyes which brought worry to Bastian.

Without a second thought, Mason walked to him wrapping his arms around him tightly Bastian being enveloped into his mates' strong arms melted, he could feel that Mason had missed him, the way he hugged him and the kisses on his neck “What are you doing here?” Bastian asked his mate already knowing the answer but he wanted to hear it from him.

Mason closed his eyes as he inhaled his mate’s scent, he had missed him so much and the thought of being separated from him hadn’t done them any good, letting go of his mate he looked into those beautiful eyes he had missed “I’m here because you need me as much as I need you. I wasn’t doing well after you left and then it got worse, I tried to pretend that I would live but it didn’t work. I need you, Bastian. If I keep fighting and running away from this…from us we’ll never admit anything to each other. I love you and I nearly lost my sanity without you. I’ve been so afraid of love that I didn’t realize that you are exactly who I needed. We need each other” Bastian smiled at his mate’s confession, it was ironic how he had been planning on doing the exact same thing the moment they all returned to Mason’s pack, so he looked into his mate’s eyes, all the love he had felt for the wolf glowed through, all he had felt ever since he had met Mason, he wanted him to see how important he was to him.

“I love you too” Was all he said, there was so much he wanted to say but at that moment those four words were all that escaped through his lips. All that was needed. “I just wish this was not bad timing”

Mason finally looked his mate over noticing the blood “Whose blood is that?”

“Uh, it’s Trevor’s. We found him” He told Mason, “He said some things I didn’t like and I lost control.” He looked at the blood.

Mason nodded “Will I ever get to meet him?”

Bastian laughed “If I don’t kill him first.” He took his mate’s hand leading him to the couch pulling him down so they can both sit “You look tired, Mason. Actually, you look exhausted. What aren’t you telling me?”

“It’s your fault. You left me and then whenever I tried to sleep, I couldn’t. I felt you, I felt everything while you were here, without me. I felt everything, I felt every attack on you like it was happening to me. However faint our bond is, it’s working its toll and it's kicking our asses. An incomplete bond like ours isn’t good when we’re separated.” Mason admitted “I’m exhausted and tired and if you’re not there, I can’t sleep. You don’t look so fresh yourself by the way. I know you’ve been feeling what I feel as well, it's hard not to notice”

Bastian took a deep breathe “I distracted myself with the mission although at one point they’ve been sleeping in my room making sure I don’t destroy everything in sight, I didn’t think about hurting you. I felt what you feeling, I just thought it would pass when I returned to you. I promised, Mason. I’m sorry”

Mason shook his head “Where’s your room, We’re getting some sleep tonight and you’re not leaving my side. I can’t stand another night of torture”

“Mason, I’m supposed to go back to the basement. I’m supposed to get whatever Trevor knows out of him. I can’t sleep now, he’s about to crack with what we’ve been doing to him” He looked at his mate "It’s important I find out what he knows before judgment because there is no way he will live another day after the shit he’s been doing. Derek is expecting results soon.”

Mason inhaled looking at Bastian; he leaned in giving his mate a chaste kiss “I’m more important to you than any traitor, Bastian. I need you, your mate needs you”

He sighed in defeat “I’m sorry. Come on, let me show you to my room.” Bastian stood and offered a hand to his mate who gladly took it, they walked upstairs to the right. Opening the door Bastian hoped his mate would appreciate his choice of room “Here we are.” He smiled at his mate aware that Mason could smell the scents of his friends.

“Black everything, you must be obsessed” Was all his mate had to say as he threw himself on the bed “Comfy”

Bastian laughed “Black’s my favorite color” He got his phone out dialing Luciana’s number, the moment she picked up he could hear the screams coming from their captive “Knock him out, Lu enough that he wakes up the next day. If he doesn’t talk then, I’ll have his head just on the grounds of intent on a royal Prince and royal warriors. Make sure you make him as comfortable as possible.” Bastian looked at his mate with hungry eyes “I’m going to be spending the night with my mate. He just arrived. You’ll all see him tomorrow; he needs his rest right now. Alright” He ended the call.

“How did you get here, Mason?” He asked.

“My mother called Luciana after things got worse and asked for directions. Luciana wanted to come to fetch me but I refused. I knew you were busy so I came alone. I left Co. and Jesse behind so they can look after things for me. I couldn’t stay there any longer. Luciana told me how you basically suffered without me and how worried she was, she told my mom she thought you were going feral at some stage but then you would wake up and be all fine so then I decided I needed to be where my mate is so I can keep an eye on you but I had already decided to come after I spent one too many nights in complete terror” He said as he walked into the bathroom “Are you ever going to tell me about those on your back?”

Bastian tensed as he sat on the bed unsure where or how he would start, he didn’t know if the one person his life belonged to would accept him “I promise I’ll tell you soon. I just have to find a way to actually say the words.”

Mason walked out of the bathroom and smiled at his mate, of course he was a little disappointed but his mother had warned him not to push it when it came to his mate. He wanted to be patient for him and patient he was going to be “I’ll be right here when you do” He was in love and there was no way in hell he was going back to a life of emptiness, of loneliness now he knew where he belonged. He knew that his place was with Bastian.

I would love to say thank you to everyone who is still with me and this story, I dont know how many times I have lost my way but I'm slowly finding my way back. Please bear with me ❤️
2017 Ash Phoenix; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 29
  • Love 23
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Finally they are back together,  now it is time to really kick some butt. Excellent chapter and welcome back

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Thank you for your commitment in keeping up with this story. It has griped me and I felt the absence, Welcome back, (although you never left). I wonder if Mason plays a part with Bastion & co in helping the sorting out of Trevor ( I hate the word interrogation).

Look forward, stay straight (ha) focused and live your life, You FIRST, this all come's second, but we'll be here for you.

  • Love 2
Link to comment
On 4/5/2019 at 10:28 AM, Peter J. Gee said:

Thank you for your commitment in keeping up with this story. It has griped me and I felt the absence, Welcome back, (although you never left). I wonder if Mason plays a part with Bastion & co in helping the sorting out of Trevor ( I hate the word interrogation).

Look forward, stay straight (ha) focused and live your life, You FIRST, this all come's second, but we'll be here for you.

Thank you so much for reading. I really do try all I can but sometimes I feel like I'm lost (sometimes i honestly feel like I did :( ) To answer your question Mason does play a big part in this just not in the actual sorting out (I got you :) ) cause he is still finding his feet in everything as he just arrived. 

Thank you for your kind words. Me first...I should remember that a lot more cause sometimes I forget and loose myself. 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..