Jump to content
    ASH PHOENIX
  • Author
  • 1,938 Words
  • 1,054 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Taming Of The Beast - 26. Chapter 26

Bless all of you for waiting for this chapter. I'm currently writing my exams and I'm all over the place. I hope that it's good for you, guys. Thank you to those who have been faithful and waited patiently for my chapters. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. And just for that the person(s) who inbox me what they want to see in it. I will write what you have always wanted to see in the story. ❤️ Please nothing too crazy cause we're almost there.

“You should go on that date with Mason.” Derek said as he looked at his brother. Derek and Bastian never hide important things to each other, he’d been looking forward to it however things kept coming up and there was no time. Now Derek knew that his brother had to spend some time with his mate. The love of his life before it became too late. “It would be good for you plus I’m sure he’d love to have you all to himself.”

Bastian hummed as he walked out into the porch, he knew that his brother would follow. They would be going back to the others in a day and all Bastian could think about was numbness. He was going to be caught in the end but he trusted his brother and those who loved him to find him before he became something he could not return from. Bastian wanted this Doctor Lucas, really badly. There was something irking about the entire thing. He needed to meet him and soon.

“I did promise him one or was it the other way around?” Bastian made to think before he chuckled. “I forget.”

Derek sighed. “You probably should. Look Bastian, I love you and if anything happens to you like they catch you. I promise you that we will come for you. We will burn the entire universe looking for you, you know that. I did it once and I will do it once again.”

“The doctor said that they will catch up with me soon.” Bastian said.

“I know. Roark and Run have a plan in motion and so does our parents. We are ready.” Derek told him patting his brother on his back. “Roark and Run are going with us.”

That got Bastian to turn his head so fast he swear if he was human, it would have hurt. “Run that again by me like I’m two.”

“Roark and Run are going back with us. There is strength in numbers and also they want to meet Mason and scare the little crap out of him. Mason hasn’t sat in a table that has vampires and I doubt that he has ever seen one up close and personal.” Derek said. “Lycan’s back home are preparing and so are the wolves. We didn’t want to involve the wolves, Mason’s pack but this is also their fight. Wolves have lost their kin to some stupid cause that won’t ever come about. They are angry, no, they are pissed, livid that this was happening on their home.”

“Carter Dunn will be running scared if he figures it out that the Lycan’s are after him.” Bastian said with an excited glint in his eyes.

“We want him scared because then he will be making stupid mistakes. We need that and we need to catch him. We need to teach Carter what it means to be true and loyal towards your kin.” Derek’s joy leaped out of his heart.

Bastian couldn’t help himself when he looked at his brother. “I want to be the one to interrogate Carter. The beast has been hungry lately and it’s gnawing on my insides.”

Derek understood what that meant, he understood all too well and since they are at war. Derek was all too happy to let the beast roam free, he missed him. Derek understood the beast, they’d gotten to know each other ever since that fateful day when they’d rescued Bastian. They were good towards each other, they drank and they enjoyed each other’s company. “You want the beast to kill him.”

Bastian had a huge grin on his face just like his older brother could read his mind. “The beast wants, no that’s not the right word-needs to feed, Derek.” He told his brother. “He doesn’t normally want to feed so hungrily but this one, this one is different. These men are after me, no, us. They want to turn us into their pet and we will not be their pet.” Bastian’s mouth tasted like bile while he spoke of these men. “I will not turn anyone, especially that doctor’s mother.”

Bastian could hear the growl that escaped his older brother’s throat. “I sent the twins to the doctor’s house. She doesn’t know it but the twins have been working in her company for a week now. They’ve been avoiding Annabelle and the mother but now it’s time.”

“There’s something I never told you when you and the others rescued me from that hell. I want you to hear it from me, I don’t want you to hear it from someone else.” Bastian looked away from his brother leaning on the rail.

“What is it?” Derek asked.

Bastian took a big breath before he started. “When they were creating me, experimenting on me, pumping me full of blood from Vashon. They threw me in a cage and I was so out of it that I blacked out but when I came to…Derek.” He paused. “Derek there was a human, a mundane in that cage with me and he was dead. I tried to remember, I tried to piece together what had happened, but nothing came back until I saw you screaming my name at the top of your lungs. They’d removed the mundane but when you came and carried me home. I couldn’t. The shame. The guilt. It was eating me alive, I couldn’t tell you because I was afraid. Afraid that you’d shun me but Bjorn, the King Consort, knew and held me as I cried in his arms. He went into my mind and I hadn’t killed the mundane, they’d done it just so I’d think that I was dangerous.”

Bastian could feel the anger coming in waves from his brother but it was not pointed at him. “Bastian, I would never shun you, no one would ever shun you. I will however enjoy killing those bastards. They used you and threw you away. They became monsters themselves.”

“You don’t hate me?” Bastian asked his voice cracked from the nerves.

Derek shook his head pulling Bastian to him, he wrapped his arms around his brother not letting go. “I love you, Bastian. Lycan Prince and Vampire Prince. I love you so much that I would rather die than let those bastards anywhere near you. You’re my little brother, I’m supposed to protect you and I will burn the entire world in order to do just that.”

“You’re exaggerating.” Bastian chuckled.

Derek once again shook his head. “No.”

“I think I’d love to spend even a second with my son before I leave.” Bjorn interjected with a smile that didn’t quite reach his eyes.

Derek smiled and nodded leaving them alone. Bastian may not have thought that he would ever be a vampire but fate had saved him and Bjorn together. Fate had put him on the Consort’s life because fate knew that Bjorn needed someone close to him. When Bjorn had seen what had been done to Bastian, he had been appalled but once he had sat and spoke with Bastian in his room because he refused to leave his room, Bastian had crawled into Bjorn’s arms and cried. The blood of his mate ran through Bastian’s veins, they were bound together forever.

Bastian felt safe with Bjorn, he felt easy and comfortable. While Lycan’s and Vampires often avoided each other, the accords had held them all together and they had Vashon, Merrick the Shadow King, Ander the Lycan King and Bastian and Derek’s father, the demon King Rhidian and their werewolf friend, Alpha Davian. The accords helped each species that roamed their world.

“You’re going to be okay.” Bjorn smiled at him.

“How do you know?”

“I see the future, Tian. You’re going to suffer but you’re going to be stronger and you’re not going to allow the beast to control you. You and the beast have now become one and understand each other. Derek told me about what happened between Trevor and the beast.” Bjorn said.

“What kind of person is King Vashon?” Bastian asked.

Bjorn couldn’t help but smile. “Strong like a King should be. Brave and also in his academy days he was an idiot with his friends, he did a lot of things you shouldn’t do. They broke the rules more times than I can count but they were A students. He and the Shadow King, Speed and Andhara are best friends, after the death of Andhara things were rough.”

“Andhara?”

“Yes, she was their only female best friend but she died in battle like she would have wanted. She wasn’t the kind of person to knit and twirl her fingers waiting for a mate.” Bjorn said. “She was an amazing person, kind and nice but not too nice. She was brave and fearless.”

“He’s really coming back, isn’t he?” Bastian referred to Vashon.

“Yes, he is. I have waited for him for years, centuries and I still love him more than anything. When he awakens, black rain will ascend from the heavens and his brother is afraid of that day.”

“Why?”

“Because he knows that his power is not strong enough like his brother’s. Vashon is the true King however his brother is the Bastard King.”

“Astrid shouldn’t be harmed come that day.” Bastian looked at his other dad. “She didn’t ask for this.”

“Did you know that Astrid is my cousin?”

“I know and that makes her my aunt and I don’t want her harmed in any way.” Bastian said.

Bjorn ran his hand on Bastian’s back. “You’re a good kid, you know that. I miss her, I miss my cousin so much.”

“Your gifts, don’t you use them? To you know, communicate with her? You’re both have been blessed by The Blind Monk with gifts.”

Bjorn sighed. “We do but it’s not enough. I want to hold her, to feel her in my arms and to finally meet my nieces and nephew. Do you think they hate me knowing that my mate will kill their father?”

“I think they will understand, children understand better than adults.”

“After Vashon unseats Drakkon, Astrid will still remain with her children in the home they were raised up in however their father will be dead. I hear you’re also going to be moving in with us for a while, you and your mate.” Bjorn looked overjoyed at the prospect.

Bastian looked at Bjorn. “Yeah, Mason and I spoke about it and it seems right. Spending time with my other father, I mean even my own father agrees and my mom is happy that I want to build a relationship with my second father. We’ll be there for a couple of months but Mason will come and go as he is being trained to be the alpha.”

“Do you think the vampires will welcome Mason?”

Bjorn took a moment. “Mason comes with you. He is yours. They will welcome him with open arms and Roark and Run will kill anyone who so much as utters a sin against Mason because uttering a sin against Mason is uttering a sin against you and me and Vashon.”

“I hear that you’re going to be at the Black Valley Pack to fight for me.”

“I will be there, of course. You’re my son, I love you and I know that my children will love you just as much and having you as a big brother will be amazing.” Bjorn had a dreamy look in his eyes.

“I forget, unlike mundane males we can reproduce. I wonder what kind of children I will give Mason with my mixed everything.” Bastian sighed.

2017 Ash Phoenix; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 11
  • Love 12
  • Wow 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Hmmm, how can a simple sigh be a cliffhanger? Yet, it seems that the emotion has meaning that will be something unexpected or with complications.

Thanks for returning once again to move this story along. It’s too good to let it anguish in abandonment. Hopefully your inspiration will remain near and spur another installment of beastly drama.

  • Love 2
Link to comment
On 5/31/2023 at 5:40 AM, Philippe said:

Hmmm, how can a simple sigh be a cliffhanger? Yet, it seems that the emotion has meaning that will be something unexpected or with complications.

Thanks for returning once again to move this story along. It’s too good to let it anguish in abandonment. Hopefully your inspiration will remain near and spur another installment of beastly drama.

You seem to have answered your own question. 🤔

 

Thank you for never giving up on the story and me. I'm rather in love with this story and yes, I do lose my muse for it but then I regain it as if renewed. I will never abandon my child. The Taming of the Beast is my first story and my baby. This beastly drama has much more to go and I must admit that I plan to post the story of Bjorn and Vashon and the Shadow King and his Consort. 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..