Jump to content
    ASH PHOENIX
  • Author
  • 1,261 Words
  • 833 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Taming Of The Beast - 27. Chapter 27

I hope that you like this chapter. I had a muse problem but I think it worked out great. I'm so glad that I could post this beauty. Enjoy everyone, please.

Bastian smiled as he looked at his other father. Their conversation had meant a lot to him, he had never spent so much time with King Consort Bjorn before. This, this talking to him and learning from him meant more to him than possible.

“Will my children be like me?” Bastian truly worried about that. He didn’t need them to be as complicated as he was. He knew he would pray to every God out there that his children never have to face what he is facing.

Bjorn looked at his son. “Yes. I have spoken with The Blind Monk and she has assured me that your children will have a fighting chance of being whoever they become. It would be best if you didn’t worry about such things right now. We have bigger problems at hand.”

“Ah…right. My impending doom.” Bastian sighed.

Bjorn wrapped an arm around Bastian. “No, not your impending doom. Your survival. You will survive this and we will make sure of it. You’re stronger than you look and you know that better than anyone.”

“But what if I get lost?”

“Then we’ll just have to find you, won’t we?” Bjorn smiled kissing his cheek. “We’ll always find you even if you get lost in that little head of yours.”

“You, Derek, and my parents always seem to know me better than I know myself these days.” Bastian leaned his head against Bjorn’s shoulder.

“That’s because we’re your parents and Derek still blames himself for what happened to you. This time he will be ready and this time he will kill everyone who has anything to do with your recapture. He is ready.” Bjorn said.

“I hate that this is happening.”

Bjorn smiled. “Vashon will awaken soon and they will fear ever coming after you again. You’re mine and his son, too. We’re in this together. Your parents think as I do.”

“Mason and I, we’d love it if our bonding ceremony was to take place in the Lycan Palace but we would also like to have something for only the family in the Ice Kingdom where you reside until my father, Vashon awakens and in his and the Shadow King will we do the bonding ceremony once more for him.” Bastian told Bjorn. He and Mason had thought and discussed this. He had agreed. Vashon deserved to see his son bond once he awakens. It was going to be a lot of work but they were ready.

Bjorn couldn’t help but smile. “The Ice Kingdom will be glad to have you and your parents and those you invite. I’m happy that you and Mason will come and stay. You’re always welcome and besides now that you’re part of Vashon. You are our Crown Prince. The vampires that follow the Bastard King will soon scent that in you and they will begin to bend the knee to you. They will pledge their loyalty.”

“I don’t want fake loyalty.”

Bjorn shook his head. “No. When a vampire pledges their loyalty to someone they know can defend and fight for them, it is pure and innocent. It isn’t false.”

“What about the council?”

“The council is loyal and they too will pledge to you,” Bjorn said.

“How long now until Vashon awakens?” Bastian asked.

“Not long.”

 

*********

 

Eli and Tris waited in the home of the doctor’s mother, Desdemona Marie Glass living room. They had a glass of bourbon in their hands. It had always been about the waiting. The waiting seemed to never end. Their prey was coming, they knew that but they also knew she wouldn’t be so easy to put down but they weren’t sent to put her down just to subdue her in the most painful of ways. Control. Tris grinned at her brother and Eli returned the grin.

“What the hell are you doing?” The voice of Desdemona bellowed through the mansion. The twins felt a sense of giddiness in themselves.

“Oh, look brother mine. She looks angry.” Tris mocked as she took a sip of her bourbon. “I’m tempted.”

“Sister mine, we should rip out her throat and serve it to her,” Eli replied as he looked at Desdemona who had by now figured out what was going on.

The twins looked at her, they knew that her mind was screaming to either fight or flight and she had yet to decide however the twins knew that she wouldn’t do either because of her curiosity. They had been able to get in even with her top-of-the-art security system.

“Sit,” Tris ordered with venom that would have killed her had words been weapons.

“What do you want?” Desdemona asked, the twins could feel and see her fear of them. She had only seen Carter, the traitor, and the others but never them. Never the ones who were much more dangerous than those she had met before.

“Hmmmm, What do we want, sister mine?” Eli asked.

Tris made a point of making a show of thought. “Could you drop dead and die?”

Desdemona had never known this could happen, she had just like her daughter secured herself and made sure everything was up to standard but apparently it hadn’t. She, a mere mortal stared into two bloodthirsty Lycans.

“You, you two you work for me. I hired you.” Desdemona said as it all came back to her, she had hired these two simply because they were best in their fields and had glowing recommendations she couldn’t pass them up. She made a note to punch Carter the next time they met – if there would be a next time.

“Why, of course. We were right under your noses. We want to take everything from you and leave you with nothing but pain and misery and a reminder to never ever trail where you don’t belong.” Eli whispered in her ear, she hadn’t heard him walk to her, she hadn’t even heard a single movement but by that time he was behind her.

Tris cackled. “How’s your daughter these days?”

Desdemona tried to think clearly about when she had last seen her daughter but there was no recollection. Ever since that fight they had, had over the experiments and the children they tore apart. “It’s been a few days.”

“In mortal law, shouldn’t you report her missing? I mean after twenty-four hours she’s a missing person.`’ Eli said helpfully.

“We’re going to hurt you, Desdemona, and when we hurt you. We’ll make sure to leave scars so that they stay to remind you of what you did to your own child.” Tris sneered.

“Please. I’m just a lowly old woman. I have nothing to give.” She pled for her life her tightening her hand on her cane.

Eli and Tris looked at each other and cackled. They had seen what she was capable of and they didn’t underestimate her. She might not be her daughter but she was smart and calculating.

“Please, if you were just a lowly old woman then I’m Cinderella.” Eli grinned “Tell us about Carter and everyone else you’re involved with and we won’t start hurting you however if you do start lying to us. We might have to do some more damage to you and your loved ones.”

“I don’t know anything and I don’t know who you’re talking about.” Desdemona tried to change the situation in her favor.

Tris was on her in a second before she sliced a part of her arm. It still worked but it would bleed and bleeding was perfect for them.

 

2017 Ash Phoenix; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 14
  • Love 18
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..