Jump to content
    ASH PHOENIX
  • Author
  • 2,268 Words
  • 594 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Taming Of The Beast - 29. Chapter 29

Thank you for your patience, everyone I really appreciate it. Life is just not lifeying right now, it's so hard. Dankie, my lieflings which means thank you, my darlings. I know its two posts in a month but I was too excited to not post. I hope you all like what I have come up with.

“Start talking.” Tris ordered clearly out of patience. She had a recorder with her, which she pressed before Desi could talk. Everything would be on tape and the Princes and the council.

“They-they-they provided werewolves for the experiment. I paid them money. Large sums of money and the Beta’s involved looked the other way to the missing wolves. Their Alpha’s had no idea and still don’t, I paid money to those close to them never to find out but I guess that’s not going to happen. Currently we have more than a dozen werewolves locked in cages ready for experiments.” Desdemona took a breath before she could continue. “Doctor Lucas Kumar and my daughter, Annie-I’m sorry I meant Doctor Annabelle Glass are co-leads on this experiment.”

“How many did not survive?” Eli asked holding in his anger. While he and his sister were pure Lycan’s, werewolves were cousins.

Desdemona thought for a moment. “More than a dozen. We contained their corpse in the freezer to better understand what went wrong which is why we need patient zero, the prince. I need him.”

“You burned no corpses of the dead?” Tris asked. She asked because maybe they can return the dead to their loved ones.

Desdemona shook her head. “Doctor Annabelle couldn’t allow it.”

They both noticed how she kept referring to her own daughter as doctor instead of her given nickname. It was odd and out of place. They gave each other the eye and as if. They could read each other’s minds; they knew what to do.

“You refer to your daughter as doctor often. Now why is that I wonder?” Eli asked curious. Was there trouble in the Glass paradise home.

Desdemona shook her head but her face deceived. “She hated me for dragging her into this, but her curiosity got the better of her. She met Trevor, the ex-boyfriend of Prince Bastian and she took him as a son, but she hated what she was doing. What I was making her do. She wanted no immortality though, but Doctor Glass was just like me, curious and filled with interest and so she continued to work for me.”

The twins looked at each other and shook their heads. They wouldn’t dare tell her that they had her daughter trapped in a cage just like the one that she was in. Her daughter was now part of the foretold. That her last breath would be drawn by her own daughter.

“Wolves can smell a lie a mile away so you will not tell the stupid crew that we visited you or that we killed your security detail. You’ll make up a lie that smells like the truth like an Alpha caught wind of what you were doing and killed your staff as revenge.” Tris said now in her face.

“They don’t know us so from this moment on we will work as your heads of security detail. We’ll hire the rest and you’ll get to look pretty while doing it. Remember wolves can smell a lie and you can’t lie. Your entire story has to make sense. You so much as give them a warning or anything. You will see what death truly feels like.” Eli grinned menacingly.

 

*********

 

Prince Bastian of Lycan’s and Crown Prince of vampires Bastian smiled as he sat across from Mason. They had finally made it to their date with so much that had been happening lately they truly needed this. Derek had promised he’d contact them if anything came up. Bastian had made arrangements at an exclusive restaurant and had paid for the entire place, just them and no one else lurking about except for the working staff.

Mason looked at Bastian and couldn’t help but smile, he had finally found his mate…his soul mate and everyone and everything was against their love especially those that wanted his mate dead. “You know I can actually feel your fear.”

Bastian looked at Mason and smiled. “I’m pretty much sure everyone would if there was anyone in this room. I’m afraid of being back there, of being afraid of hurting someone. The things I had to go through was horrible.”

“You won’t have to go through this alone. I’m here, your brother and your guards and my family we are here for you. We will find you wherever they decide to take you. You have people in your corner.” Mason said as he placed his palm against Bastian’s cheek. “If ever you are taken, I want you to remember that you are loved, and I love you so much. You are my entire life, there is no one I love more than you. We’ve only met but from the moment I saw you, I knew, and I know you also knew. I love you. Keep my heart always safe and protected, I’m giving it to you.”

“Can I offer you, gentleman dessert?” The waitress asked as she smiled brightly.

Both looked at each other, they both nodded. They wanted to keep this date going all night if they could and just forget about all that was happening and just be themselves…a Prince and a soon-to-be-Alpha. They were meant to be together; they had been born for each other and born to be in each other’s lives. They were lovers, soul mates and soon to be husbands but for now they could settle for boyfriends or rather mate.

“I’m going to need every strength that everyone lends me for the fight that is about to become.” Bastian said as he took a gulp of the bourbon that he’d ordered and received as soon as he’d arrived at the restaurant.

“Luciana was so happy when we left. She really is invested in us.” Mason replied.

Bastian laughed. “Of course, she is. She was not a fan of any of my exes and made it a point to let me know but you, you’re different. She loves you and fights for you and our love. When we were apart she wanted you with us but I was stubborn and refused that is until you just came here on your own.”

“Not on my own, she helped me especially after my mom contacted her and told her what was going on with me. She told my mom what was happening to you as well. She helped me find my way to you.” Mason admitted. Those days had been hell on a basket but when he stepped foot in the safe house, he had felt happier and at home. His mate’s scent had helped him recover and sleeping in the same room helped lots.

“Are you sure that you want to spend the rest of your life and eternity after with me? I mean, I’m a mess.” Bastian said saddened.

Mason stood up walking around their table, he bent down and kissed him, as they kissed the kiss became more passionate and full of desires that they both had been suppressing. The kiss told both of them what they wanted and showed their love for each other. “Wherever you go, I go and wherever you run off to, I will follow. Our love is special and I’m not letting you go at all.”

“Mi amor” Bastian smiled against Mason’s lips.

“Mi amor.” Mason replied.

Bastian missed this, he missed the smile that was on Mason’s face because ever since he had arrived, he hadn’t seen the face nor the smile. He’d be clobbered by his brother and training for what was to come. He knew that he would be taken, they were losing this battle, but he also knew that his brother, Mason, and everyone would come for him. They would find him and make sure that he was not damaged as he was earlier. This date, this date was important for both of them. It was everything that mattered for them.

“T-t-This is really happening, isn’t it? Mason I’m so scared, I don’t want to kill nor hurt anyone in my beast mode but they will force me.” Bastian said as he watched Mason plant a kiss against his cheek before he went to his own chair.

Mason nodded as if he understood. “It is and I will be here, Bastian I’m not going anywhere.”

Their date, their real date was beautiful. Candlelit date and just beautiful in every way, Luciana had done so good with organizing the entire thing. She had wanted to give them something they could remember for the rest of their lives, something to tell the children about, how she’s organized the best candlelit dinner for her cousin before he went to battle.

“So can I just ask?” Mason looked down at the table.

“You can ask.”

Mason smiled at him. “Tatsumi and the two vampires you and Derek brought by. Are they staying?”

Bastian laughed. “Tatsumi is one of my best friends and the two vampires are Shadow vampires, they belong to King Vashon’s best friend, Merrick who is the Shadow Vampire King. Shadow Vampires are sort of vampires that are shadows they have specific abilities that vampires don’t have except for King Vashon and his King Consort Bjorn. They live in the Shadow Realm, an alternate realm like ours. This realm is feared by many but not by those who have seen it. Shadow Vampires are like us but also not like us. They appear to be human to the mundane’s and to us as well but we also share fangs and we eat real food unless the vampires depicted on the television and movies who survive on blood. We and the shadow vampires only ever share blood during sexual activities and when we come of age meaning when we reach eighteen years old, we and the vampire shadows are born vampires. Some realms can’t produce offsprings but we and the shadow vampires can.” Bastian blushed when he thought about giving Mason children, the thought excited him and made him proud. Mason and his bloodline would continue but he prayed to the Blind Monk to give Mason a son who is a pure werewolf and others who are like him so he could give the title of Alpha to his son when it is time.

“Whoa! You must have read up on this a lot.” Mason commented.

Bastian shook his head. “No, I had to learn it and I had tutors who were chosen specifically by Bjorn to teach me. I’m only a vampire, lycan and something else. A Tribrid if you will. Bjorn never left my side after my return home. My parents explained everything to him and the only thing I remember is sobbing while he held me and he helped me understand what I was and who I was. I was still Prince Bastian and that would never change it’s just that I’ve only gotten something extra in me. I also belong to vampires and am their prince. Most have accepted me as King Vashon’s son but his brother, the bastard King Drakkon refuses to abdicat the throne for me. That is Vashon’s job to defeat his brother and take back what belongs to him and his Consort.”

“When you mean defeat…..” Mason enquired.

“I mean kill, Vashon has to kill his brother because there was a prophecy and the prhrocey said that only Vashon can defeat his brother who runs scared of me, Bjorn and Vashon. He is jealous because he believed that Bjorn was his but that’s not true. When a vampire meets their mate the world stops and you’re drawn to that person, your desire and your craving for their touch becomes too much. Bjorn was always Vashon’s just like Vashon was Bjorn’s.” Bastian sighed taking a sip off his drink.

“And if you refuse the call?”

Bastian scowled. “You don’t die, if that’s what you mean but you live your entire life in misery and you are forced to watch your mate wonder the world in utter misery. It is said that King Merrick met his King Consort when he was invited to dine by Vashon with Bjorn and his best friend and it turned out that Bjorn’s best friend was his mate. At first he didn’t want it to be true, the best friend but after Merrick got himself in a bind and ended up at the infirmary, he came in and yelled at him reading him the riot act and ever since they’ve never been separated except when he was murdered by Hunters.”

“Wait, if your mate dies don’t you die as well?”

“Yes, but for Merrick once his mate was dead, he was too late to save him so because the Hunters burned his mate at the stake he slaughtered each and every last one of the Hunters in that organization and those who ran he followed. He warned them that should this guild be recreated he will come and burn it to the ground with them inside again. After a few months, Merrick died and his children were cared for by Bjorn and Merrick’s brother. They are meant to reincarnate so we still wait for them to reincarnate because Merrick too has his own demons he must defeat.” Bastian felt like he had talked too much but he also thought it must have been the drink he was drinking.

“So shadow vampires come and go between realms?”

Bastian nodded. “Pretty much but there is always a gate keeper and the gate keeper makes it a point that all is well once a shadow vampire appears in our realm. You have me for eternity, I will teach you.”

2017 Ash Phoenix; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 11
  • Love 10
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..