Jump to content
    Laura S. Fox
  • Author
  • 5,111 Words
  • 4,705 Views
  • 36 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Chasing Rusty Parker - 19. Pride, Prejudice And Other Demons

Chapter Nineteen – Pride, Prejudice And Other Demons

“So, are you going to tell me how it went?” Maddox eyed him carefully from time to time, as he still needed to keep his eyes on the road, which was a blessing in disguise.

Rusty placed the card carefully on the dashboard and leaned back. Even the interior of the car was luxurious and it made him low-key envious that he didn’t have a boyfriend like Jonathan. Not because he was loaded, but because it was more than a nice gesture to receive a thoughtful gift like this. He had overheard Jonathan explaining to Kane how he had done some serious research on what a young man in finance should drive.

People never thought that much about him. Sure, Maddox was his bestie, and Jonathan showed his good intentions all the time, but Rusty believed that when dealing with most people it was better if their interest remained superficial. Anyone trying to get to know him better than his persona – carefully crafted, if anyone was asking – made him feel like he needed to draw the bridge and let them swim around in the moat until they got bored. They should be thankful that he hadn’t thought of adding sharks as entertainment.

“She praised me and put me down at the same time,” he explained in a low voice, as he looked out the car window, at the passing scenery. Too bad, he wouldn’t be seeing the same places again.

“Okay, I can see why someone would do that to you. No offense,” Maddox added, when Rusty looked at him with reproachful eyes. “Come on, man, you know what I mean. But let’s hear it. Don’t keep it bottled up inside. You know you never deal well with bottling up and the like.”

Rusty sighed and closed his eyes. “She gave me some tests, asked me to sing different songs, just to gauge my range and stuff like that. And she thinks I have a wonderful voice, I kid you not, and that I can go from tenor to baritone with proper work and interest, because I’m that versatile.”

“Tell me you didn’t burst out laughing at that word.”

“Is that how well you know me?” Rusty opened one eye to give Maddie his signature angry-pirate-who-lost-an-eye-fighting-a-whale look.

“Yes,” Maddox replied, completely unfazed.

“I, like, chuckled. For a second, no more.”

“Did she give you the evil eye for playing the fool?”

“No. She smiled. And that was worse, in a way.”

“How come?”

Too bad the drive back to the campus took exactly as long as when they’d driven to see Mrs. May. “Well, you do know me,” Rusty admitted. “So, when people are mean to me, I know how to handle them. I take all that meanness and wrap it around their necks like a scarf.”

“How nice of you.”

“Nope. It’s like I wrap them in their mean scarves when it’s more than one hundred degrees or so outside.”

“Okay, so she wasn’t mean. What was she? What did she tell you?”

“She started explaining how to control my breathing and stuff like that. Technical stuff, and she guided me through it.”

“It sounds to me like you aced it. I know that if you put your mind to anything, you’ll do it and surpass it.”

Rusty took another deep breath. “Not this time. I swear, Maddie, Mrs. May must have spoken to your beloved Johnny because she told me something he also mentioned.”

“What’s that?”

“Tension,” Rusty muttered under his breath and looked out the car window again, feeling sullen all of a sudden.

“What do you mean, tension? Those guys singing opera always look so stiff that I can only imagine what a feat it must be to get through it all. And they also manage to make all those faces at the same time. It must be hard.”

“Well, yeah, but making all those faces is not hard for me. Letting go of the tension is. I don’t even know what she’s talking about. Or Jonathan. She said something to me like, ‘Rusty, you must sing with joy, not all this fierceness’ and, trust me, I can’t.”

Maddox remained silent for some time. “Maybe,” he said cautiously, as if he was choosing each word carefully, “you could let go a little and, you know, show yourself. How you really are.”

“Don’t side with the enemy, Maddie,” Rusty warned. “That tension, or whatever she says it is, is--” He stopped. Not even with Maddox could he be that honest. That tension was keeping him glued together. That wasn’t something anyone else but he himself could understand. And not even he thought that he understood it all. He just depended on it, and it made him low-key annoyed when people saw it. First, Jonathan, and then, Mrs. Day. Was he starting to crack and unravel in places or something? No one was supposed to see it.

“Take the card back.” They were at a stop, so Maddox reached for the thing and slapped it on Rusty’s chest. “You’re not getting out of this. You’re going to see Mrs. May again.”

“I don’t think so,” Rusty said stubbornly. He took the card from Maddox and ripped it in two.

Maddox gave him a startled look. Then, he wrenched the two halves from his hand and pushed them into his pocket. “I think I’ll keep this for you. Until you stop acting like a mule.”

“Good luck with that.” Rusty snorted and turned his back to Maddox.

At least, his bestie knew when to shut up. Yeah, he was pissed. She had seen right through him and advised him to come back when he realized what was more important than keeping up an act that wasn’t him. Francine must have talked to her, warned her somehow.

And that made him a bit angry. Even though he knew both of them were right.

***

Matty and Zoey snuck through the rows of attendees in search of some empty seats, and it looked like their only choice was to sit in the front, barely one foot or so away from the speaker. At first, Matty didn’t even recognize Connor Williams. The guy must have gone to one of those TV shows, specializing in makeovers, because he didn’t look one ounce like he used to. Gone were the billowy flowery shirts and the hippie hair, the colorful bracelets, even the fake benevolent gaze he had used to bestow upon lesser mortals.

For starters, he wore a suit and held his body in a rigid posture, his hands resting on his claimed pulpit while only his eyes moved, inspecting the crowd that still had a hard time settling down, like seals on an iceberg. His hair was cut short and fashioned à la military reject, and the pretended well-meant look had been replaced by a harsh glint speaking of a lack of forgiveness.

“That’s quite the transformation,” Matty whispered to Zoey.

“I told you. He’s gone one-eighty. Actually, I think he’s spinning off of his axis. But let’s hear him first.”

Matty couldn’t agree more. Something astonishing was in the works, and they basically had front row seats to it. To say that he was curious would be a major understatement.

Finally, it looked like the easily inconvenienced seals had found their places and after Connor coughed loudly a couple of times to get the attention of the interested attendees, a silence fell over the room.

“Fellow students,” Connor began and consulted the papers in front of him briefly with an important frown, “I am glad to see you here in such large numbers. That gives me hope for the future of Sunny Hill.” A pause for effect followed, as another look at the papers that had to contain the secret to eternal life by how carefully he thumbed them from time to time. “Did you know that we are the 348th college in the country? 348,” he pronounced slowly. “That’s our place.”

“I bet you five bucks he pulled that number out of his ass,” Zoey whispered.

“No point in betting. I agree,” Matty whispered back.

Their muttering didn’t go unnoticed. Connor’s steely gaze rested on them for a brief moment, and his lips pursed in disappointment. Matty wasn’t sure whether it was because of the nerve of them to talk in class or Zoey’s bright pink jacket deemed so insufferable.

“Do you know that we used to be a lot higher?”

“How much higher?” Zoey asked loudly.

Matty tried to shush her, but it was too late.

Connor stared with fresh disdain at Zoey. “We used to be the 127th.” Annoyed with the interruption, he thumbed his papers again. “What does that tell you, students of Sunny Hill? Are we failing the first test of our lives as adults?”

A few murmurs confirmed the frightening perspective laid out so carefully in front of them. Matty stole a few looks around. He hadn’t expected so many people to come and listen to Connor. However, compared to the total number of students living on campus, it wasn’t an important percentage. Still, the way the people there stared at Connor like he was about to announce the Second Coming or to tell them that he was himself, that gave him the willies a bit.

“Our education is going downhill,” Connor continued and smacked his closed fist on the lectern, making the poor wooden structure tremble in fear of domestic violence for a bit. “We treat college like it’s a four-year summer camp, from which we emerge not one bit wiser than when we entered, with fresh innocent faces, waiting to be enlightened.” At the last word, he raised one hand to the ceiling, and all the pairs of eyes in attendance followed his gesture, expecting some kind of miracle or punishment to fall upon them next.

“I don’t remember that part,” Zoey muttered under her breath. “I’m afraid I’ve never been an innocent face.”

“I can vouch for that,” Matty agreed, while his eyes remained on Connor. He had to give it to the guy. Something of how he moved and talked was on par with the behavior and slimy magnetism of a snake oil salesman. And the ignorant crowd waited, brains wide open for a little washing.

“Have we found that enlightenment?” Connor continued. After each question, he took his time to examine the faces of those in attendance, as if he expected answers.

Zoey made a gesture to raise her hand, but Matty caught her. “Let’s play the invisible spectators’ part for now,” he advised. His bestie put her hand down, but not without a pout to let him know that she was disappointed.

“What we have found is how to live a life without meaning,” Connor offered the answer in their stead. “A life spent partying, drinking, experimenting with illegal substances. A life wasted by investing our time in meaningless sexual encounters.”

“Here we go,” Zoey murmured, her hands stuffed into the pockets of her jacket, which made her look like a pink balloon.

A few more murmurs of approval emerged from the audience.

“This isn’t what I want to take with me when I leave college,” Connor enunciated with self-importance. He leaned on the lectern with one elbow and gave another sweeping gaze to the crowd in front of him. “I want to leave this place happy with myself, and with my fellow students.”

“What should we do?” someone suddenly wailed from a middle row.

Matty tried to see who the speaker was, but he had turned too late.

“Don’t tell me,” Zoey muttered again. “Here comes the PowerPoint presentation.”

“There’s no way--” Matty started.

The whiteboard behind Connor lit up. Matty craned his neck and saw someone behind the projector, a short girl with hair like a nest. She operated the machine like a little witch bent over her potion cauldron. It looked like the speaker for the masses had help.

Displayed in front of them was an aerial view of the campus. Connor turned toward it and gave the sight a look of proper respect and admiration. “This place of learning,” he boomed, “deserves all of our attention, understanding, and love.”

A few people in the audience began clapping, but the sounds died down, as Connor put one hand up in modesty, as if he wasn’t worthy of any such display of appreciation just yet.

“We won’t hide our love for learning,” he continued in a sweeter tone. Then, he raised his voice again. “We won’t hide in the shadows, huddled together under the umbrella of some secret society like our ancestors.”

“What ancestors?” Zoey wondered quietly. “This college is like twenty years old or something.”

Matty patted her knee in sympathy.

“No, we don’t have to hide,” Connor continued and waved his right arm with aplomb, seeking allies with his eyes everywhere in the room. Finally, someone seemed to take the cue and jumped to their feet. “Yeah!”

A few others followed, and it looked like that spark was enough. Matty looked around, feeling second-hand embarrassment at the display of sudden emotion at Connor’s speech.

“We will dedicate ourselves to the high ideals of learning. We will aim higher! We will be better! We will be the best!”

The agitation in the room increased gradually, like an undercurrent turning into a wave.

“We will be a force for good,” Connor continued. He made a short gesture meant for the witch with the projector. “We will be,” he raised his voice again while the image changed behind him, “the Sunny Hill Implacable Team!”

More people jumped to their feet to applaud. Matty and Zoey exchanged a nonplussed look.

“Is he for real?” Matty asked with a frown.

Zoey just let her jaw drop, shook her head, and then put her jaw back on with one hand.

Connor gestured for the audience to calm down, with a smarmy smile. He looked pleased. “Behold our crest,” he said, pointing at the projected image again.

The shield design showed an open manuscript and above it some sort of bird, a cross between a raven and a vulture, was perched, its claws digging deep into the pages. The initials were separated, S and H on top, and the other two below.

“Second Hand Information Technology,” Zoey whispered at him. “So Happy It’s Tuesday. Sorry Hoe It’s Tea--”

“Yeah,” Matty barely managed.

Connor interrupted their little conversation, booming again from his pulpit, this time with more excitement and his hands grabbing the edges whether for balance or to keep himself from soaring toward the ceiling.

“We won’t hide, no! But we will do even more! We will help our fellow students, who have been left prey to all these--”

“Is he going to call them vices? Temptations?” Zoey wondered in a subdued voice.

“—temptations,” Connor continued.

“Bingo,” Zoey congratulated herself.

“—with no one to pick up their cause and turn it into a credo, and we will show them that there is more to college life than mindless drinking and partying and hooking up!” Connor shouted, his eyes burning in his head.

“There’s more, more,” someone chanted from the agitated audience.

Matty shook his head. Some people. How could they not see how false Connor was? And how come that awful acronym didn’t stop them from shouting like zealots?

Connor made another gesture to make the crowd calm down. Apparently, he had more to say. “Sunny Hill has become a place where students end up valuing excess in the deplorable activities I mentioned before, and those who excel in them.”

“Here it comes,” Zoey said. “Matty, pay attention.”

He was all ears.

“Someone like Rusty Parker,” Connor thundered, “who’s one step from flunking all his exams, an unreliable team player on the basketball court, who indulges in partying as a way of life, is called a king!”

The audience fell completely silent.

Connor seemed to sense that his dominance over the captive audience was slipping. He shouted louder. “A king! How can that even be a thing? We don’t celebrate worthless aristocracy in this country! We make ourselves with our two hands! In a way, yes, Rusty Parker can be called a king. He’s as profligate as one! A reprobate!”

“Oh, my, what big words,” Zoey whispered and leaned toward Matty.

“We shouldn’t go through college subjected to a constant popularity contest,” Connor continued, his eyes shifting across the audience.

“Yeah!” someone confirmed.

Matty was starting to think that each time, the supporter was the same person.

“Rusty Parker is no better than you and I,” Connor said. “I’d even dare to say that he’s below most of us. We’re better than him. We want more from us, not partying our lives away!” He made another sweeping arc with his right arm.

“No shit,” Zoey said with a shake of the head.

“You can do something to make this false reign disappear,” Connor continued.

“What can we even do?” someone cried out, as if Rusty was some kind of despot, keeping them in chains.

“It’s simple,” Connor said with a magnanimous smile. “From today onward, we will ignore Rusty Parker. He no longer exists.” Another expansive sweep of the arm. “He has no power over us. And we will teach others what to do about it, too. They should ignore him. They should stop looking up to someone as undeserving as him. We’re better! We’re the best Sunny Hill can offer!”

Clapping followed. Matty shook his head in disbelief. He grabbed Zoey’s arm to drag her away. “I’ve had enough. You?”

“Totally,” Zoey agreed. “We should totally tell Rusty about this.”

Matty exchanged a short look with Connor on his way out. It was strange to think that the man at the pulpit would deign to spare a stare at a simple member of the audience, but maybe he could still blame it on Zoey’s pink jacket.

During that brief moment, Connor’s mask slipped, and Matty saw the ugliness below, the calculated strategy, the ambition and the greed. He wasn’t the first to look away. Connor displayed an affable smile as he took in his loving audience.

***

“What have the two of you been up to?” Kane questioned them the moment they stepped through the door.

Rusty rushed toward the stairs. “Maddie, you better not say a word, or I’ll be mad at you until Christmas!”

“Now that makes me curious,” Kane said and crossed his arms, while looking at Rusty as he passed by him at full speed. “It’s clearly not enough to stop Rusty from wanting Christmas presents.”

“He’ll talk when he’s ready,” Maddox said with a weary sigh.

Seriously, these days he was turning kind of annoying. It had to be Jonathan’s influence, Rusty thought and pursed his lips. “I’m not home for anyone until I say otherwise,” he announced. “So you, nosy housemates, better keep your nose out of it and let me be. Not one of you come knocking, or I’ll wrestle you to the floor until you cry for your mommy.”

“Jonathan’s cooking tonight,” Maddox announced. “Are you sure you’re strong enough to resist?”

“I said, I’m not home for anyone,” Rusty added petulantly.

A sudden energetic knock on the door made them all turn toward it. Maddox went to get it. A pretty disheveled Matty was there, breathing hard as if he had been running. “Is Rusty home? I need to tell him something, and I don’t want to do it over the phone.”

“He’s not--” Maddox started.

Rusty groaned. “I’m right here, and he can probably see my shoes or something. Come on in, Matty.”

Matty looked confusedly at Maddox and Kane as he entered. Maddox offered him an apologetic shrug. Kane just rolled his eyes and threw his arms out like he couldn’t be bothered anymore.

That was exactly what he needed. A distraction. And Matty was the best kind of distraction because he reminded Rusty why he had felt like a million dollars that morning and brave enough to call Mrs. May, regardless of the disappointment experienced after. You can’t be truly great if you don’t let go of what’s holding you back. Those had been her exact words. Maybe I don’t want to be truly great. That had been what he had said to her. Maybe I should wait for you for another half a year. Now that had been a great suggestion on her part. Go back, think if that is what you want, all that jazz.

No, he couldn’t do that. But he could chase that formidable sensation experienced the night before in Matty’s arms. Yes, that he could do. Chase after the pleasure and the happiness that came with it.

***

Matty had noticed the strange tension between the housemates the moment he had set foot in the room, but he had more pressing matters than to ask Rusty what that was all about. Rusty needed to know that he had an enemy on campus, and even if he brushed it off, Matty thought it pretty important. Connor would surely spread ugly things about Rusty, and he would try to attack his character, even though he didn’t know him at all.

That was unjust, and Matty couldn’t stand it. He hurried after Rusty into his room, and he was just about to start explaining, when he was grabbed by his shoulders and pulled into a fierce, demanding kiss. Rusty wasn’t wasting time, and his hands were now lower, searching for something. Matty gasped as Rusty planted both hands on his ass and began kneading it in earnest.

It was mind-blowing, so much so that Matty forgot for a moment that he was there to deliver important news. He tried to pull away, but Rusty went at it relentlessly, now kissing his neck, biting it teasingly, and pushing his jacket and the hooded sweatshirt underneath upward, with the intention to undress him.

Matty took advantage of the break given by Rusty having to throw those clothes on the back of a chair to adjust his skewed glasses and make another attempt. “Rusty, there are some things you need to know--”

Rusty was looking at his naked chest as if he needed to strategize how to devour it. “Can’t it wait?” The voice was rough; it didn’t leave room for a ‘no’.

“I guess it can,” Matty agreed and didn’t protest as Rusty pulled him in for another hungry kiss, which he answered with all the desire starting to burn inside him, too.

***

Matty looked just as delicious as the night before, and right now, there was a whole world of difference between him and everyone else, because unlike those others, he understood him and didn’t want him to change to fit a mold. No one understood just how much that mattered to Rusty. They threw the word ‘change’ around like it was nothing, and people could just get up from their beds in the morning and tell themselves that they could be different, just like that.

Maybe it was one-sided. The chances were Matty had no clue Rusty saw him as his only true friend at the moment and, if he knew, he’d be confused.

There was no time to explain. He pushed Matty on the bed and got him out of his pants and underwear. Yeah, he looked good enough to eat. “Your glasses,” he said.

Matty nodded and took them off, blinking and looking at him with narrowed eyes. Even like that, he was cute as hell. Rusty felt warmth inside again. The shy unsure smile that welcomed his probably all-knowing grin was enough to set him off. With one deep breath, he dove in, and took Matty’s cock in his mouth.

A sharp inhalation, and soon, firm hands were in his hair, guiding him. A good fuck in the mouth was basically what he needed right now. It was better than getting fucked over by people with the best intentions in mind.

Damn, it felt great to suck on a hard cock like that. How come it had never crossed his mind before? Actually, it had, but he wasn’t going to dwell on particulars at the moment. The thing was, before, he had thought of it like from a sex-related point of view, without the cock in question needing to be attached to a person in particular.

Not exactly true. Again, no particulars allowed to be involved. He had better things to do, like trying to take Matty as far as he could. To his surprise, it was too much, and he had to pull back and cough a little.

“Sorry,” Matty said in a pleading voice and pushed himself up on his elbows.

Rusty pushed him back with one hand. “Not your fault. I just need some deep-throating training.”

And what better time to start than right now? He was good with the mechanics of sex, he liked to think. While Matty didn’t have a small pecker, his wasn’t that unmanageable. Rusty focused on the task at hand, and his mind began feeling at ease again. Yes, this was firm ground, not whatever shaky goals he could dream for himself.

Matty was warm and solid under his hands, and his moans were the cutest. If anyone dared to eavesdrop… let them do it. Rusty had the right to enjoy himself a little.

Now, onto the task of making it last for a bit. He placed himself comfortably between Matty’s knees and began licking the tasty lollipop on all sides.

“Rusty, you just--” Matty complained, one arm thrown over his face.

He didn’t finish. It took Rusty a bit to realize what that meant. Obviously, he needed some more practice to gauge each of those moments, and how Matty announced his impending release. For that oversight, he missed most of it. What got into his mouth was not enough, so he proceeded to chase it over Matty’s smooth stomach, drop by drop.

***

Rusty looked like a satisfied tomcat when he finally released Matty from his hold. Well, without one shadow of a doubt, being cocksucking friends was not only for real, but highly rewarding.

He watched as Rusty fell by his side on the bed and stared at him with shiny eyes. “Was it better than before? Am I getting better?”

“You’re the best, and you know it,” Matty moaned his reply and covered his face again.

His hands were removed and Rusty kissed him on the cheek. It felt like real affection, not just two friends playing at giving each other blowjobs. “That’s because I’m the only one to have ever sucked your cock,” came the follow-up.

As much as he loved to indulge in the afterglow, Matty knew that he needed to get to the order of business. But first, his eyes lingered on Rusty’s nether parts. As if the guy knew why he was checking him out, he turned on his belly and placed his chin on top of his linked hands. There was a questioning look in the pretty green eyes, but Matty didn’t understand the question. “Don’t you want me to--” he started.

“Not right now.” Rusty rubbed himself against the bed for a moment. “I’m experimenting with delayed gratification.”

“Oh, really? How much delay are we talking about?”

Rusty laughed and pushed himself up only so that he could give Matty a deep dirty kiss. “You’re playing the smartass. I guess you need a bit of cum in your life.”

“Always,” Matty replied brightly.

They stopped for a moment and looked at each other. Moments like those were just making his heart beat faster. He licked his dry lips for a moment and forgot everything he wanted to say.

Rusty came to the rescue. “What was it that you wanted to tell me?”

“Right.” Matty searched for his glasses and put them on.

Rusty laughed. “It looks serious. I better cover you with the blanket.”

Well, it was a bit funny to start talking about serious stuff while naked and sexually satisfied. Rusty pulled the blanket over him, and covered Matty up to his neck. Then, he admired his handiwork. “I think I like putting you to bed,” he declared.

Matty extracted his arms and put them on top so that he could help himself while explaining about Connor and his weird plans. He obviously needed his hands to add to the dramatic nature of the situation. “Rusty, you won’t believe it, but you have an enemy,” he began.

Rusty gave him a silly grin. “Just one? People hate me just because I’m pretty.”

Matty rolled his eyes. “How do I say this? Connor Williams is trying to turn you into persona non grata.”

“What’s that? Some kind of sexual kink?”

“I know you’re joking, and I know you know what it means.”

“Okay, I do. So what’s Connor been up to?” Rusty asked. He didn’t seem bothered in the least, and Matty felt like his rushing there had been, well, too rushed.

“He’s assembling this sort of organization. They’re against parties, hooking up, you know, all that jazz.”

Rusty nodded. “The things I’m famous for.”

Matty continued. “And he got it into his head that people must be convinced to ignore you and pretend you don’t even exist.”

Rusty’s eyes grew wide. Then, all of a sudden, he burst into laughter. “What, for real? That’s stupid.”

“Yes, I know,” Matty said impatiently, “but he’s gaining a following.”

Rusty stretched and yawned. “I don’t really care.”

“You don’t? But he’s basically staging a revolution to dethrone you,” Matty insisted.

Another shrug followed. Rusty adjusted his position and threw one arm around Matty’s shoulders. “Let nutsos be nutsos. I have more important things to do.”

“Like what?”

Rusty laughed and kissed his cheek. “Just to make it clear, you’re sleeping here tonight.”

“Um, I wasn’t planning--”

“It doesn’t matter. You still have to make me come, and I don’t like sleeping alone.”

“Do you always have someone over then?” Matty asked.

Rusty seemed to ponder his next answer. “No, this is a recent development. It’s your fault. I need someone to suck me off and read me to sleep.”

“In what order?” Matty asked. “And I don’t have any book with me.”

Rusty waved. “The order doesn’t matter. And you can read to me about Ethics any time. It will surely make me fall asleep the fastest. But, there are still many hours until then.”

Matty didn’t question what Rusty planned on doing until then, because his mouth was covered by those demanding lips again.

TBC

As always, Rusty has other plans than to listen to the voice of reason... or anyone else, for that matter. It's not the last of his foray into the world of singing, I promise you, but it's just another piece essential for bringing together this beautifully messy character as the story moves toward its resolution.
Thank you for all your comments!
Until next time,
Hugs,
Laura.
Copyright © 2022 Laura S. Fox; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 27
  • Love 39
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 7
  • Fingers Crossed 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



Rusty has lived behind his shields for so long that I think he will survive anything, but that won't release the real tension.  It's actually Matty I'm worried about. 

  • Like 1
  • Wow 4
Link to comment

Rusty emerges as a yet more three-dimensional character.  Is that tension going to break him?  One of the best chps so far for me at the emotional level.  Week done  

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..