Jump to content
    Laura S. Fox
  • Author
  • 5,065 Words
  • 2,198 Views
  • 34 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Chasing Rusty Parker - 54. Only The Right Things

Chapter Fifty-Four – Only The Right Things

Now was the time for him to shine again. Rusty walked up to Connor, while keeping one arm hanging lazily over Matty’s shoulders. His fiancé was not only obviously ready to have his back, but he could also pull his weight, too. Connor blinked a few times while observing him with murder written all over his face. Clearly, the guy had no idea what to expect, and that put Rusty at an advantage, one that he intended to make full use of.

“Well, chief,” he said brightly and grinned, “how about you bring it on?”

“What do you mean?” Connor asked and stared at him in disbelief. “Calling me chief won’t earn you any points.”

“Since you offered yourself up to police things around here, I thought it was a good title for you.”

Connor crossed his arms and observed him carefully. He seemed unable to figure out what this was all about.

Rusty hurried, quite gallantly, to his aid. “How about a final confrontation? You and your Implacables on one side, my fiancé and I,” – he just couldn’t say that word enough – “on the other?” He would think about the actual plan later. For now, as the returned king of Sunny Hill, he needed to begin by putting this scumbag in his place, where he deserved to be.

Connor snorted and showed his teeth in a derisive smile. “You’re only two. Are you sure you’re up for a challenge of such magnitude?”

Rusty shrugged. “So? We’re men enough to take you head on. You and your little army.”

“I’ll have you know,” Connor said in a haughty tone and crossed his arms over his chest, “that my army is not little at all.”

“Only the guys who know the truth being opposite of what they’re bragging about do this thing you just did,” Rusty replied and showed his teeth, too.

It took Connor a couple of moments to understand the insult, but Matty was shaking with laughter. That only caused the leader of S.H.I.T. to turn his full attention on him. “And you, Matthew? I thought you were much better than this.”

“I really don’t understand what you’re talking about,” Matty said, offering a big innocent smile that made Rusty want to force him into a pirouette ending with both in a compromising position that allowed them to kiss passionately. There was a time and a place for everything. Later, when they were alone.

“I am talking,” Connor said pointedly, unaware and untouched by the undercurrent of happiness moving through the people right in front of his eyes, “about putting on that silly costume and prancing around the campus at night. When do you even have time to study?”

“Yeah, I’ve been asking myself the same thing,” Matty replied and bit on his bottom lip since he was trying hard not to laugh. “But, apparently, I’m such a capable person that I’ve managed to juggle everything without any trouble.”

“Do your parents even know?” A glint of malice flared in Connor’s eyes for a moment.

Matty, however, didn’t lose his composure for a single moment. “Yes, they ask me about my adventures as a cat boy all the time. They are highly invested in all my interests and hobbies.”

“You’re bluffing,” Connor narrowed his eyes and lifted his chin as if to provoke Matty to launch into a debate with him.

There was no way his smart fiancé would take such cheap bait, Rusty thought as he pulled Matty a bit closer and kissed his temple.

“What do you have against Preston, Connor?” he asked as he turned his attention to the intruder and moved the conversation where he needed it to be. “I mean, the guy could have brought the hammer down hard on you that time when you took Zoey and John hostage. But he was lenient and let you go, scot-free.”

“He had nothing to condemn us for. Our behavior has always been above board, and to say that we took those two students hostage is an exaggeration. People like Preston let people like you taint the life of the campus, and the noble aspirations of the students within it.”

“Oh, damn,” Rusty moaned. “When are you going to come down from the pulpit, man? Be careful. The higher you climb, the harder you fall. You know that, right?”

Connor puffed out his chest. Rusty regretted not having a pin on him to make the prick deflate with a disappointing whine and not with a bang. Well, if a bang was what he wanted, he would get it. For that, some careful planning was needed but, now that his life was in order, Rusty was ready to grab the bull by the horns and put all things to rights.

“Let’s do this, Connor,” he said. “Let’s see who the campus and its people want. Us or your organization.”

“A popularity contest?” Connor seemed to perk up his ears like a hunting dog.

Rusty didn’t smile, although he could smell triumph from a mile away. “Don’t bastardize your noble fight by calling it that. We’ll call for a vote at the end of it all.”

“A vote? Yes, of course,” Connor said, suddenly courteous. “I will prepare a speech that will bury you, Parker.” Not so courteous, after all. He walked closer and pressed one index finger against Rusty’s chest.

Rusty stood his ground and was about to tell Connor a couple of things about boundaries when he saw the guy’s hand being pushed away. By his side, Matty was eyeing Connor with well simulated anger. He looked cute, especially since he was frowning and fighting a smile at the same time.

“Hands off my fiancé,” Matty growled. “I’m the only guy allowed to touch him.”

“Oh, babe,” Rusty purred for show and tightened his grip on Matty’s shoulder. They moved their faces close and rubbed their noses together.

“This,” Connor squealed and pointed at them, his arm shaking with indignation, “this is the problem!”

Rusty grinned as he looked at the scumbag again. “What? That you’re not getting any while everyone else does? Damn, keep that jealousy in check, dude, will you?”

“I’m not jealous,” Connor protested and blinked a few times under the burden of realization. He had to know he was a prick, but he wouldn’t admit it for the world, without a doubt.

“Whatever,” Rusty said and shrugged. “So, are we on? Showdown?”

“Yes, of course,” Connor said. “But I won’t shake on it. You don’t deserve to be treated like a gentleman.”

Rusty shrugged and looked at Matty like he couldn’t understand an iota of what Connor was babbling about. Matty offered a similar shrug in response.

“Okay, we’ll settle this once and for all,” Rusty concluded. “And once you realize that no one at Sunny Hill wants you, you’ll have to admit your defeat as graciously as your little mean heart allows.”

“While ignoring your not-so-subtle insults, yes, I agree.”

“Another thing,” Rusty added. “You’ll drop your vendetta against Preston.”

“Why would I?” Connor’s eyes turned to slits. “He’s bad for the campus.”

“Only because he didn’t kick your ass out when he could have, but his approach is one of peace and understanding, unlike yours. So, I think the students are better off with someone like him than someone you’d agree with. Unless, of course, you know you’re going to lose.”

“I will not lose,” Connor said with emphasis. “Just watch me, Parker. But we’ve only talked about what you want in the impossible scenario where you emerge out of this victorious. How about we talk of what I want?”

“Shoot,” Rusty said. Matty had one arm wrapped around his waist and was holding him close. All his life, he had strived to ensure that he didn’t need anyone to stand on his own two feet, and now it felt so good to have such awesome support by his side.

“You’ll give up Rybalt. And you’ll give up that silly costume,” Connor said and he looked at Matty.

“Sure,” Rusty agreed. “Is that all?”

Connor gave them a shrewd fake smile. “No, not all. Matthew here will have to go on a date with me.”

To say that suggestion had the effect of a brick dropped on his head would have been too little as far as metaphors went. Rusty blinked a couple of times, unsure of what the asshole in front of him was saying.

“What the fuck?” That was the only reasonable thing to ask at this point in their conversation.

“Yes,” Connor insisted, not for one moment dropping the act. “Your precious fiancé will have to go on a date with me. I am sure I can convince Matthew of the error of his ways once he’s no longer under your bad influence.”

Rusty pursed his lips, feeling anger flaring. He had thought Connor, despite being a major scumbag, was on the same wavelength as far as their sparring was concerned. But this was too much. “Forget it, no way--”

“Okay,” Matty said suddenly. “Since you see me as such a damsel in distress that needs some good ol’ saving.”

“But, Matty,” Rusty whispered at him, “there’s no way I’m betting on you. This fucking asshole won’t make me do a stupid thing like this.”

Matty smiled and caressed his face. “We’re going to win, Rusty. And, by the way, don’t tell me you see me as someone who cannot fend for himself.”

“No, that’s not--”

“Hush.” Matty kissed him briefly. “Let him show his true colors.”

“You know, I’m still standing right here,” Connor said loudly.

“Yeah, and we don’t care that much,” Matty said in Rusty’s stead. “But we all want something out of this, it’s true. What I want may be an impossible thing, but I’m going to say it anyway. Connor, what I want is for you to see that you cannot think for other people. What you just said confirms it. You think everyone else is helpless and needs to be told what to believe and what to do. Maybe some people are like that, and they do need help, but not from you. What I’m asking is that once we win, no more Implacables. You call it quits, you send everyone home. Your little horror show is over.”

Connor recoiled as if he just got punched in the chest. “That’s cruel, don’t you think, Matthew? I mean, these students that I’m leading, they--”

“It’s what I ask. No one’s forcing you into this. You can walk away,” Matty continued, and he grew larger than life in Rusty’s eyes. “And you asked us to give up on Rybalt and Slicky. Don’t you think it’s fair?”

“No, I don’t think it’s fair. For whose sake are you playing around in costumes? Not for the sake of the students of Sunny Hill,” Connor said, raising his voice, and most likely already practicing his speech to conquer the hearts and minds of those present. A small crowd had gathered around them, watching and listening to them with their eyes wide and their jaws slack. Rusty knew the attendance at the confrontation he was planning between them and Connor’s squad in the ring would beat world records for any kind of debate.

“I beg to differ,” Matty replied. He gave Rusty a small look and a smile. He looked grateful. “We show them a vision of how life as a college student could be, one of the many. If people want to spend their time studying, that’s great. It’s what they want. And if they want to have a little fun, that’s great, too. Just for the record, Connor, I have nothing against your wanting to bring together people of the same mind as you. But I do have something against your wanting to impose that mind on everyone. That’s what I’m going to fight against when we cross swords.”

“Is it going to be a sword fight?” Connor asked, aghast.

Matty rolled his eyes. “Just a figure of speech. You do you. And may the best people win. Agreed?”

Rusty wanted to applaud Matty and give him a standing ovation when his fiancé offered Connor his hand. The asshole had no choice but to take it and shake it.

They both watched him walk away.

“Wow, Matty,” Rusty said, dropping his voice, as he didn’t want the audience to hear everything he had to share with his loved one. “You really put the guy in his place.”

“Someone has to,” Matty said and then embraced him tightly. “See you later? I have some things to do. Calling my mom is on the top of the list.”

“Do you need support for that?”

“I’m prepping the ground. Trust me, I’m doing it for your sake.”

“Thank you, Matty. I have to admit that I need all the help I can get. I haven’t faced a dragon yet.”

“You’ll be fine,” Matty assured him. “What about you?”

“I’m going to follow your example. I’m going to call my dad,” Rusty said and let out a long sigh. “I don’t expect much from him, but I’m doing it for myself.”

“Okay, now I feel like I should ask you? Do you need me as your support character?”

“Not this time, but I appreciate the thought.” Rusty pushed Matty’s hair away from his eyes and kissed his forehead. “It’s high time I put on my big boy pants. And I’ll be fine. I know I will because now I have you.”

***

That had been such a touching thing to say, Matty thought as he watched Rusty heading toward the house he was sharing with his friends. It was with a light heart he could now look at the guy he loved walking away, because he knew they were together now and forever. That hadn’t been the outcome he had envisioned for one moment throughout the years of pining for Rusty; at most, he had imagined a few spicy encounters that would only live in his imagination. And now, here was the reality of the beautiful ring on his finger that told him that what was happening to him surpassed everything he had dreamed of.

And that led him to the trial at hand. While Rusty had low expectations from his dad, Matty had to admit that he didn’t know exactly what his mom, and consequently his dad, would say about his sudden engagement. They had spent years teaching him how to be this no-nonsense, always rational kind of guy, and now he would come to them with news that went against that sort of upbringing.

No matter what happened, it had to be done, and Rusty was right. After they let their parents learn the news, they’d go from there.

All that determination, however, did nothing for his sweaty hands as he pulled out his phone on the way to his dorm room.

“Mom?” he asked tentatively as soon as she picked up.

“The one and only,” his mom replied cheerfully. And then, as she quickly gauged his mood, “Is something wrong, Toots?”

“No, nothing’s wrong.” Matty took a deep breath. “Actually, it’s perfect. And awesome.” How was he supposed to give his mom the news without bubbling over with excitement? “I… I’m engaged, mom.” The silence at the other end worried him. “Mom, are you still there?”

“Engaged? Last time you called, you didn’t even have a boyfriend. And it’s hasn’t been very long.”

“Yes, I know.” He sucked in another breath for courage. “He’s the one, mom,” he confessed. “He just is.”

“Is he the boy with the basketball and secret talents? Do you even know what those are?” his mom questioned.

“Yes, I know. He’s going to be an opera singer.”

Another stunned silence. “Isn’t it quite a leap from basketball to opera?”

“It may be for others, but not for him. He really knows how to jump,” Matty joked.

“And did you just propose to him?” his mom continued the interview.

“He proposed to me, actually.”

“But it’s all so fast! You’ve known each other for how long?”

“You told me to go in with everything I have, remember?” Matty said.

“That’s true, but engagement? It’s all so very serious,” his mom insisted.

“I’m going to send you a short video. To see and hear him.” It was from the night when Rybalt had saved him from the angry Implacable mob, and that video had been on everyone’s phones ever since. “And then, we can continue to talk about it.”

His mom said nothing, and Matty waited until she called back after watching the video, his heart in his throat a bit. Not much, but it was there, somewhere in his chest, climbing up.

“Matty, your boyfriend is incredibly talented,” his mom said right away. “And so very handsome. I didn’t know you would go for that type, though. Is he dyeing his hair?”

“No, that’s a wig there,” Matty explained. “I’m in love with him, mom,” he admitted. “And I did tell him so first. And although we went through a rough patch after I did, he came back with a ring.”

“So dramatic. But that is definitely his flair,” his mom said. “What a voice, though. I haven’t listened to this sort of music very much, but he looks and sounds like someone who should be up there, on the big stages of the world.”

“I think so, too.”

“Such a man,” his mom continued, “he must be very popular. And popular people have many temptations laid in front of them. Are you sure you can handle the competition, Matty?”

“Tell me you didn’t just ask me that,” Matty moaned. “You’ve taught me to be the best, haven’t you? And this is also part of that,” he continued, surer and surer of himself. “I aimed for the best, and now he’s mine.” He used that sort of language because he knew his mom would understand. Ambition, as a positive trait, ran in the family.

His mom laughed softly. “You really do sound like me, Toots. And you’re so like me.”

“What do you mean?”

“You’re saying that you chased this boy?”

“Yes, that’s what I’m saying.”

“And you didn’t give up until he became yours?”

“Yes, exactly,” Matty said impatiently. There was something his mom wanted to say, but she was taking her sweet time.

“Well, don’t let your dad know I told you this but, in our day, I had to face quite the competition when it came to the girls who wanted him as their boyfriend.”

“But I thought you’ve been together since… forever?”

Another soft laugh. “I made him think that. I bet he’s forgotten all the girls he knew before me. But I won’t disclose my strategy, because I have a feeling you had your own from the start.”

“Yes, never give up, right?” Matty said and laughed, too. “So, you’re okay with my being engaged? Didn’t I shock you out of your socks?”

“A bit, yes. However, since passionate pursuing runs in the family, I’d be a hypocrite to hold it against you. Also, I know very well that you’re old enough to make your own decisions, without my looking over your shoulder all the time. Still, your dad and I want to meet this young man. Rusty, right?”

“You remember,” Matty said with delight.

“Of course. You’re my only son. If I forgot the name of the boy you told me you liked for the first time in your life, what kind of mom would I be? So, when will we be able to meet him?”

“Maybe at Christmas? Will that be all right?”

“I see. You want to squeeze him in among all our relatives so that I don’t have time to grill him properly.”

“That was my plan all along, and now you unveiled it. I’m not good enough at this.”

“How about you come for a weekend? The week after the next? I can barely wait to meet my future son-in-law. And to hear him sing live. Will he do that for us, or is he shy when he’s not in front of a large audience?”

“He’s not shy at all,” Matty assured her. “Okay, I’ll tell him. Still, mom,” he said while chewing his bottom lip, “don’t be too hard on him, okay? I really want to keep him.”

“Sure thing, Toots. Anything and everything for you.”

Well, that certainly went well. Matty felt relieved and happy. And he barely got off the phone when the thing started ringing in his hand. He grinned as he saw who the caller was.

“Zoey,” he said happily.

His bestie’s voice was ragged and a whisper. “I come down with the flu for the first time in ten years, and you get engaged? When were you going to tell me?”

“The flu? Damn. Where are you? I should have called you,” he said, feeling guilty.

“No problem. I’m in the med ward. They’re keeping me on fluids. Treating me like a princess. One in a hospital gown.”

“Oh, Zoey, I’m so sorry. I should have been there for you.”

“And got the flu instead of engaged? You’re forgiven,” Zoey rasped out. “I slept through the day and only just heard the news from Dex. Damn, Matty. Did you plan this?”

“Rusty proposed.” Everybody thought – well, at least his mom and Zoey – that he had been the one to pop the question. Maybe they saw him as more forward than he thought himself to be.

“Even better. Ah, damn, it’s so hard not to be able to get excited.”

“Can I come see you?”

“No. I shouldn’t go out in the world until my fever is done for. But save me some cake.”

“What cake?”

“You don’t know? Rusty’s friends got him – and you – a huge cake. Dex told me.”

“And isn’t he saving you some cake?”

“Yes, but why not milk two cows if I can?”

“That sounds like you,” Matty agreed. “I’ll save half of it for you.”

“And now, you want to fatten me up.” Zoey laughed and then coughed. “I can’t talk long. I need my beauty sleep.”

“Get well. When should I call you again?”

“I’ll call you, don’t worry. And awesome job, Matty. You got the boy.”

He had surely gone and done it. Matty was still smiling minutes after getting off the phone with Zoey.

***

The sight of the horrendous pink thing looking like it was about to spill over the edges of the table made him stop dead in his tracks.

“My dudes,” he called out, alarmed, “the cake fairy paid us a visit!”

His friends suddenly emerged from all corners. “Congratulations!”

And if it weren’t clear, Jonathan added. “On your engagement. We thought of getting a bit of revenge on you for making us learn from Xpress that you got engaged.”

“Really? By getting me a huge cake? Why is it so pink?”

“Because it is the color your heart must be right now.”

“But I’m a boy,” Rusty whined in a high-pitched voice. And then, as a conclusion, in a normal voice, “I wear blue socks. Do you want me to show you?”

“When you wear socks, they’re never from the same pair,” Maddox reminded him. “So, it’s hard to tell what you are, right?”

Rusty grinned ear to ear. “Totally true. Although Matty threatened that we will have to be disciplined from now on. So, just so you guys know, I’m engaged. That’s what I am.”

Dex patted him on the shoulder, making sure that he felt it. “Yeah, thanks for letting us know. Now, we’re all waiting to see what’s in that cake.”

“It looks crazy. But I hope you don’t mind if we wait for Matty for split it open. I wouldn’t want to do it without him.”

Kane laughed. “Far from us to even think that you’d do anything without your fiancé. Damn, Rusty, you went all in, didn’t you?”

“I sure did,” Rusty said proudly. He stood straight, and he felt so happy he needed to walk carefully or else he would burst. “I need to call my dad, but then, I’ll call Matty over, and this cake is going to be the hill we’re all going to die on.”

Dex intervened with a serious look on his face. “I need to save a slice for Zoey. She’s got the flu.”

Rusty moved his eyes from Dex to the enormous cake and then back to his friend. “Yeah, okay, it’s going to be tough to restrain ourselves, but I think we’ll manage.”

“Good,” Dex said. “I had to let you all know.”

Kane, Maddox, and Jonathan had such composed faces it made him laugh. “Really, no one’s making fun of Dex, though?”

“No,” Kane said brightly. “Also, he threatened us he would eat the whole cake if we opened our mouths about it.”

“Okay, hold that thought. I just need to do this.”

Maddox moved by his side and gave him a short hug. “Are you going to tell him?”

“Yeah, I have to. Before I lose my courage,” he joked. “Nah, I’m never going to lose my courage again. I’ll let him know, listen to half of his lecture, and then I’ll be right back. Sounds good?”

All the thumbs up from his friends convinced him that yes, it was.

***

He waited patiently until his dad picked up.

“She’s going to be moved the day after tomorrow,” his dad informed him after exchanging perfunctory greetings. “There’s no need for you to come. After all, you must be busy with school.”

“I will be there, anyway,” Rusty said. “Thank you for taking care of her,” he added. “But that is not why I called you.”

“What is it?” There was a sort of tiredness in his dad’s voice he hadn’t heard before.

Rusty felt some of his courage dissolving. However, he steeled himself for it. What kind of man would he be for Matty if he didn’t have the guts to confront his dad over this?

“I got engaged,” he said curtly.

“Engaged? Is this a good time? And you’re still in college,” his dad reminded him. “Who is she?”

“I’m engaged to Matty.”

“Who?” His dad asked as if he could no longer hear correctly. “Is that a girl’s name now?”

“You know Matty, dad. He came with me to Gabriel’s birthday party.”

Stunned silence followed.

“Anyway, I thought I should let you know,” he said since there was no response from the other end of the line.

“You mean Matthew,” his dad said, as if awakened from a slumber. “That boy in glasses. The one who studies well.”

“Yes, him. Matthew Han.”

“Why are you doing this, Rusty? Joke and prank your way through life?”

Rusty set his jaw hard. But, after all, wasn’t this partially his fault, too? He had let others know him as nothing more than a clown, someone who entertained without showing a sign of anything deeper than the surface?

“I wouldn’t joke about something like this. Not now, not ever. Matty is the one I choose.”

“Wait, Rusty, make me understand. God knows parents don’t like to hear this about their kids, but I’ve heard enough about you being a womanizer. There was even that strange talk about your getting a girl pregnant.”

“I didn’t get anyone pregnant. I’m not joking. I’m engaged to Matty. Once school’s over, we’re going to get married.”

“Don’t expect me to attend that mock wedding,” his dad said, his voice still betraying that he didn’t believe what he was hearing.

“Actually, I don’t. I mean, I don’t expect you to come to the wedding.”

His dad sighed. “When did this big awakening of yours happen? About liking a boy? It must be one of those college experimentation things.”

“No, it’s not. He’s the one for me. There will never be someone else.”

“Are you doing drugs, Rusty?”

This conversation was hardly going anywhere.

“No, dad. I know you find it difficult to believe, but it’s the truth. I just didn’t want to postpone telling you about it since it just happened.”

“You’ll get over it. I don’t understand. How do you go from being a ladies’ man to… wanting to marry… a boy?”

“It looks like it just happened. I’m in love with a boy, yes. And since I’m calling you to tell you about my life, here’s another one. I started taking lessons. From a vocal coach.”

“What for?”

Rusty sighed and sat on the bed. “I liked basketball, dad. But I didn’t love it. There’s something else I love.”

“Besides a boy.”

“Yes, besides a boy. I want to become an opera singer. And I will.”

His dad snorted. “Good luck with that. Things like that don’t put food on the table.”

“I guess I will have to see about that when the time comes. Mrs. May believes I have it in me.”

“Who’s she? The vocal coach, I assume.”

“Yes.”

“Of course she’d say something like that. She wants your money. She has every reason to let you think you’re some Pavarotti.”

“Someone else paid for the lessons,” Rusty countered, fighting hard to ignore the rejection in his dad’s voice. He should have been used to it by now.

“Who? Matthew?”

“No, Jonathan’s mom, Francine.”

“A woman. An older one if I understand correctly. Offering you favors. Rusty, what are you doing with your life?”

“Only the right things, dad, only the right things. And, just to let you know, it’s ludicrous what you’re implying.”

“It’s hard not to assume, given--”

“Given that I’m your son? Philandering runs in the family? Is that what you’re saying?”

“No, son. Given your history with women, I wanted to say.”

“You know, dad,” Rusty said slowly, “that would be something I’d expect from a stranger. But I suppose we’ve never been close, after all.” The sudden emotion choked him.

“We’ll talk about this madness when we see each other the day after tomorrow,” his dad warned him.

“I told you everything I needed to tell you. But I will listen to you, nonetheless. And I will do as I have decided,” Rusty said back. “Goodbye, dad.”

“Son,” Roy said suddenly, but then he stopped. “Goodbye.”

TBC

Yes, I know, I'm late, but I'm here :) I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Not a lot of the story left, only a handful of chapters, so thank you for sticking with me through Rusty's tribulations!
Until next time,
Hugs,
Laura.
Copyright © 2022 Laura S. Fox; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 19
  • Love 41
  • Haha 4
  • Wow 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



5 hours ago, Joie J. said:

Saluting Mickey Mouse GIF by DisneyJunior

 

The most effective humours are driven from reality, only the angle of observation is thoughtfully manipulated. So Rusty and my relationship is as real as it gets, just the point of view is redirected. 🙃Rusty and I are glad that we could make you laugh. ☺️

You certainly did!!!!! Un abrazote 

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
9 hours ago, Doha said:

Rusty and Matty took on Conor like masters. I'm looking forward to that debate. Conor the Creep is horrific. 

Connor is creepy, but his is attractive, so he can more easily draw a following. 

  • Wow 3
Link to comment
17 hours ago, Joie J. said:

Saluting Mickey Mouse GIF by DisneyJunior

 

The most effective humours are driven from reality, only the angle of observation is thoughtfully manipulated. So Rusty and my relationship is as real as it gets, just the point of view is redirected. 🙃Rusty and I are glad that we could make you laugh. ☺️

Hopefully, you are not lit at the moment, for your comments suggest that you will be writing and releasing a story driven from reality.

  • Like 3
  • Wow 1
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Link to comment
19 hours ago, Gary L said:

Better fiction than most of the fiction in GA!!!   Get writing stories, your humour is brilliant.  It is humour???  🤗🤗🤗🤗

It is tragicomedy, and I thoroughly enjoy it. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
On 10/27/2023 at 8:03 PM, Al Norris said:

This is about what I expected from Roy. An absent clueless Dad who needs to control the son he never really cared about.

On the other hand, is the Mom who backs her son, regardless. The mom will also make sure his Dad gets on the same page!

Roy had an affair with his current wife when he abandoned Rusty. He deserves whatever is coming his way as it is unlikely that Rusty will include him in his life moving forward. At some point, he must leave the past behind including its people, which includes Roy. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
3 hours ago, J.El said:

Connor is creepy, but his is attractive, so he can more easily draw a following. 

We get it @J.El we get it! 😏 You love Connor, so we shouldn't call that creep a creep 😑 

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
3 hours ago, J.El said:

Hopefully, you are not lit at the moment, for your comments suggest that you will be writing and releasing a story driven from reality.

No! Rusty and I decided that our reality should remain private so that only we two get to cherish it ☺️

Maybe I'll write a rom-com around Connor and your reality, if I'm allowed ofcourse.

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
3 hours ago, J.El said:

tragicomedy

Rusty and I together, happily ever after - yeah, that must be a tragedy for you and comedy for us! But don't worry, I won't write that story. I don't have the heart to hurt you like that and it's really not my style 😎Beyonce Why Dont You Love Me GIF

  • Haha 4
Link to comment

Rusty demonstrates not only his love for Matty but also the strength and calmness he has gained.  With Matty's awesome contribution, Rusty has set up Connor for a fall.  His strategy has also revealed Connor's innermost desire to Matty and control Matty. Connor also shows his twisted logic for turning on Preston.

I love Matty's mom and agree with her stating how much she and Matty are alike.  Roy on the other hand demonstrated how much opposition Rusty had to overcome to successfully get his act together.  It's no surprise it took Rusty so long to set things right in his life.  I was very impressed by Rusty's calm and measured conversation with Roy.  Roy too will have to change in order to be a better dad for Rusty's brother.  Roy really needs to think about why he doesn't know Rusty.  I'm sure Roy is very shocked learning Rusty has put all Roy's expectations in the trashbin.

  • Love 4
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..