Jump to content
    Laura S. Fox
  • Author
  • 5,346 Words
  • 3,966 Views
  • 28 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Chasing Rusty Parker - 8. Mr. Parker

Chapter Eight – Mr. Parker

Matty had a hard time focusing on the game, and Zoey was already throwing daggers at him with her eyes, but it wasn’t every day that he sat at the same table, playing board games with some of the ‘in’ people, as she had so aptly put it. Ray and Hanna weren’t in the wrong, in any way. They were friendly, cool, and Zoey was smitten with them. Only Matty was sitting there like he had a stick up his ass – that was something Rusty would love hearing about, for sure – and couldn’t focus on either the conversation or the game. At any moment, he expected Ray to read too much into something he said, or just infer from various pieces of information he was collecting—

His mind was going in circles. Sure, all his thoughts revolved around Rusty, and that made everything else difficult to the extent that right now, Zoey had to push him to let him know that it was his turn.

“We could call it a day if you’re tired,” Ray suggested.

They were having their little sparring session, as Ray had called it, in the dorm suite that their host shared with Jonathan Hamilton. However, since Jonathan spent most of his time with his boyfriend, Matty hadn’t been that surprised to see he wasn’t there, even if the evening was setting in fast. It had to be nice to have a boyfriend and sleep at his place on any occasion that presented itself.

“Matty is just an airhead,” Zoey offered. “And he’s studying too much.”

“Yeah, your grades are impressive,” Hanna intervened in the conversation. “By the way, how is Rusty’s tutoring going?”

Matty froze. So Hanna was going to conduct the interrogation. He had no idea what exactly he feared from Ray and Hanna, but playing at double life and wearing a cat boy suit made him a little nervous in polite company, as things stood. “It’s going well,” he replied in a deadpan voice. “Rusty is very intelligent,” he added quickly.

“No one doubts that,” Ray said. “But discipline is not his forte.”

“And he gets bored easily,” Hanna added. “So, unbeknownst to most people on campus, you’re quite the celebrity in the making, Matty. Sorry for using the pretext of wanting to play games with you, guys, but the truth is that we’re curious. And we also want to get to know you better. You must be a really fun person.”

“You lied to us?” Zoey said in a theatrical fashion.

“Guilty as charged,” Hanna admitted. “But you two are quite redoubtable opponents. We’d love to play with you again. And we’re happy to have met you, Zoey. You’re really cute.”

“Oh, nonsense, you’re cute,” Zoey replied.

“I’m actually not fun at all,” Matty decided to nip all of the gossip in the bud. Not that Ray and Hanna would go around spreading rumors since they had to be good people, seeing they were friends with Jonathan and the entire group at Rusty’s house. But if they smelled something odd, it meant that others would be able to do the same. Ah, why was his mind so complicated sometimes?

“Don’t listen to him,” Zoey said in a motherly voice. To show that she meant to protect him, even against himself, she grabbed him and smothered him for a second. “He’s fun. Of course, that’s if you like board games, reading fantasy, studying--”

“You’re really making a case for me, aren’t you?” Matty said. “I’m simply a good tutor, not that I’m bragging. And I customize my tutoring sessions to fit the student.”

Ray and Hanna craned their necks to listen to him closely. “How do you customize your tutoring when it comes to Rusty?” Ray asked. “JJ says he didn’t expect anyone from this world to be able to make Rusty learn anything unless he allowed it to happen.”

It was clear as day that Ray was in total awe of his BFF, and part of his curiosity came from there. Matty wondered briefly if Jonathan had told Ray how he had stumbled upon him and Rusty kissing. By how innocently both Ray and Hanna were looking at him, it seemed unlikely.

“You make a really cute couple,” Hanna chirped away. “And we just want to tell you that if Rusty ever acts as if he would like to come between you two, he’s just playing. Don’t pay him any mind, Zoey, even if he pulls out all the stops to try and make you forget about your boyfriend.”

That surprised both Matty and Zoey. They first stared at their hosts, then at each other, then back at Ray and Hanna.

And they burst out laughing at the same time. Zoey was holding her belly and wiping tears from her eyes. Their hosts, most naturally, didn’t understand and looked at them in confusion.

“We’re not together,” Zoey finally managed while waving between her and Matty.

“Oh,” Ray said and blinked. “But you do look like you’re a couple.”

“I keep telling her that’s the reason she doesn’t get a boyfriend,” Matty said. “We’re like Siamese twins, but that’s about it. Also, I’m gay.” It wasn’t like him to say it so directly, so right away he fell silent.

Hanna smiled at him. “That’s so cool. It makes total sense now.”

“It does?” Matty asked. He had no idea what Hanna meant by that.

“Yes. Since you’re not a girl, Rusty cannot wrap you around his little finger and mess with your head. As for guys, he’d just get them to drink with him or do who knows what crazy things men do to prove their masculinity--” Hanna stopped and looked at her boyfriend. “Of course, present company excluded.”

“I would totally drink and do crazy things with Rusty,” Ray replied good-naturedly. “But JJ keeps protecting me from him, I’m sure. He never says it, but I’m sure he does it.”

Hanna beamed at him and gave him a quick kiss. “Because you’re precious and you need protection.”

“All right, my valiant knightess,” Ray replied and looked at Hanna, his eyes full of love.

“Wait, guys, what makes sense?” Zoey reminded the loving couple that they still had guests.

“Yes, right,” Hanna said. “Well, Matty is obviously not impressed by Rusty’s fooleries and he’s in no danger to be the target of the uncrowned king’s obviously efficient seduction techniques.”

“See?” Zoey said and looked at him. “There are still people who use the word ‘seduction’ in a completely non-ironic way.”

Matty felt like he had something in his throat. A ball of fur, maybe?

Hanna linked hands with Zoey over the table. “You guys, that’s great news. I mean, you took a weight off our chests. I was talking to Ray, and we were thinking Rusty might try to seduce Zoey, and Matthew might get angry at him, without realizing that he didn’t mean to do any harm and--”

“Rusty’s a good guy,” Matty said, somewhat brusquely.

Hanna and Ray turned their heads toward him at the same time. “That’s what we know, but we doubt that everyone thinks the same,” Ray explained. “It was another reason we wanted to meet you. To tell you exactly that.”

Matty nodded. “Okay. Although, just for the record, if Zoey had been my girlfriend and Rusty tried anything, I would have challenged him to a duel or something. I wouldn’t have allowed him to tarnish my honor.” He smacked his chest with his fist to make a point.

Hanna grinned at him. “Then how about you use some of that combative attitude on the next round?”

Matty felt relieved. Ray and Hanna just wanted to make sure that he didn’t end up judging Rusty badly by accident. “You don’t have to ask me twice. From the top?”

Ray seemed happy to restart the game. “Sure thing. We can barely wait to kick your asses. No offence.”

“None taken,” Matty replied with a smile.

***

“Finally, you remembered that you are part of this team.” The coach patted him on the back hard enough for him to feel it.

“I never forgot,” Rusty said lightly.

“Just get out there,” the coach said and gestured with his chin. “Let’s see if that’s the only thing you didn’t forget.”

Rusty shrugged. So, maybe it would take him like a minute or so to get back into the flow, but it wasn’t like he could forget how to play. His mates welcomed him with open arms. Yeah, everywhere he went, he was the king. It came with the territory that he always had friends.

“We have a game to win, boys,” the coach reminded them and blew his whistle.

“What game?” he asked the guy closest to him.

“Pacific Grove’s coming to town,” his mate explained. “And we need to kick some ass.”

“Yeah,” the coach agreed, catching their conversation. “So, until then, no partying, no stupidity, no broken ankles while shooting the breeze, got it?”

The coach was half-joking, but he had to say it because of that one time, when Rusty had missed practice and arrived at the next one with a bandaged ankle, claiming that he had injured it while, exactly that, shooting the breeze. The man had to love him if he remembered small things like that.

***

He was in a good mood. Nothing worked better than practice to get his mind in order. Sure thing, the coach expected them to keep their head in the game and forget about hooking up and whatnot, although the man was too old-fashioned to use such words, but that didn’t mean he would forgo making plans for the weekend.

He dropped onto the bench and was about to tie his laces when his phone rang. “Fuck,” he muttered under his breath. One idea was to ignore it, but that wouldn’t work for long.

“Yeah?” he answered, not forgetting to show his irritation.

“What were you doing?” His dad was just as little invested in using greetings as he was.

“Just finished practice,” Rusty replied and smacked the door to his locker loud enough to be heard through the phone.

A grunt was the next reply. A man of few words. Maybe that was why he acted more; whatever he wanted, he did everything to get it. Driven, people said. Obsessed, more likely, Rusty thought.

“When’s your next game?”

Rusty moved the phone from one ear to another, to win some time on his side. “Next week.” There was no point in lying. His dad would just go online and check.

“I’ll be there.”

And that was it. That was the heartwarming conversation between father and son that took place now and then. If he collected all the words they had exchanged in his lifetime, they would probably fill a very slim book.

He threw the phone inside his knapsack and closed his eyes for a moment. His father, the mighty, the one and only Roy Parker, was going to come down from his throne to attend his son’s game, as if college basketball was somehow important to him.

It was. Roy Parker searched for any proof that Rusty was growing up to be a man just like him like a trained hunting dog. And there could be no other way.

That meant he needed to win that shit, and he needed to put his all into it, just so he would be left the fuck alone until next time.

***

Matty pushed his glasses up his nose for the umpteenth time. Something was wrong with Rusty, and he couldn’t put his finger on what that could be. He was slouching in his chair, offering strictly correct answers to everything Matty threw at him, and it looked like he had studied properly. All in all, he had no idea what to make out of his student’s sudden change in attitude. There was a possibility Rusty had already forgotten about their little deal, or worse, that he wasn’t interested in it anymore.

That was a good reason to feel foolish and inadequate. Matty looked at the textbook open in front of his eyes and tried hard not to feel desperate. “I think that’s all for today,” he said as he closed it.

“Okay.”

Matty stood to his feet. It was better to grab the bull by the horns. “Look, Rusty, about that other thing, I know you didn’t mean it. There’s no point in being weird about it.” He played with the shoulder strap of his bag, just to show that he didn’t feel miserable about being forgotten and discarded so easily.

The green eyes, always so full of mischief, rested on him and seemed strangely empty. Matty fidgeted under a gaze that could mean anything, including Rusty hating him for not getting laid lately because of him and his cat boy suit, even if he didn’t know Matty and that silly cat boy were the same—

“What are you doing this weekend?”

“Um, I don’t know,” Matty replied, taken by surprise. “Nothing in particular. I mean, I’m pretty flexible.”

Rusty nodded, his eyes never leaving Matty. “I’m not allowed to go to parties,” he said.

“Because of the game,” Matty said and nodded. Was this Rusty’s way of becoming uber-focused because he had a game coming? He didn’t know, but he hoped that was the cause of all this awkwardness.

“Yeah.” Rusty grimaced.

Well, the prospect of not having fun this Saturday night as usual could be enough reason for the king of the campus to feel so blue. Matty didn’t know if he was just fooling himself into believing that.

“Is there something wrong?” Matty ventured.

“Like what?” Rusty asked him, somewhat aggressive and unpleasant.

Matty felt the need to backpedal and stop the conversation there, but it irked him that Rusty seemed so cold. He liked to think that it wasn’t because of him it was happening. “I don’t know. Are you worried about your performance at the game?”

Rusty smirked and put his hands on top of his head, while examining Matty with keen eyes. He seemed more like himself than he had looked for the last hour. But Matty didn’t think it was the right moment yet to feel relieved.

“Worried? Nah, not really. Just pissed at little.”

“All right.” Matty relaxed a bit. “Why?”

Rusty shrugged. “I can’t get laid.”

Matty snorted. “For real? What’s stopping you?”

“The game,” Rusty replied. “Somehow, the coach thinks that if I keep my jizz in my balls, it’ll miraculously make me a better player.”

“I somehow doubt that Coach Anderson would say such a thing out loud,” Matty pointed out.

“That doesn’t mean that he’s not thinking it,” Rusty said matter-of-factly.

“Well, you’re like the absolute rebel,” Matty continued. “You can always do what you want.”

“True,” Rusty admitted. “But I don’t feel like it.”

“Why?” Matty asked.

Rusty examined him again. This time, Matty no longer felt cold under that green gaze, but hot for some reason. It had to be his imagination. Rusty was pissed because he couldn’t get laid, and that involved a partner that was most likely female. So, he was simply just wide-eyed dreaming that Rusty looked at him like he was his next meal after fasting for three days.

“I have practice this afternoon,” Rusty said. “Tomorrow evening, be here.”

“What for?” Matty asked.

Rusty frowned. “Did you forget that I’m supposed to tutor you back? You’re bad at sex, Matty. Don’t tell me that already went out of your mind.”

Matty gawked at Rusty, nonplussed, for several seconds.

“What?” Rusty asked. “Are you chicken?”

Matty had basically just pointed at their deal and how he didn’t want to keep Rusty to a bargain he didn’t feel comfortable with. And now, Rusty was talking like he hadn’t heard a word. “Rusty, what did I say when I got up from the table, like five minutes ago?”

Rusty pondered. “I don’t know. Something about homework. Why? Are you testing my short-term memory?”

“In a way,” Matty said dryly. So, Rusty hadn’t even heard him, his mind too wrapped up in the upcoming game and his role in it. “Wait, are you just assuming that I can come here tomorrow night? That I don’t have other things to do?”

“You just said you’re flexible,” Rusty explained and grinned broadly. “I’ll be your doctor and see just how flexible you are.”

Matty gulped, short flashes of images involving him bent in various impossible ways, with Rusty’s hands all over him, crossing his mind.

“And you said ‘night’!” Rusty suddenly exclaimed and jumped from his seat. “That means, oh, that means,” he continued in an excited tone while pacing around the room, “that we’re going to have a slumber party!”

Matty had no idea how Rusty could go from zero to sixty like that, but he wasn’t about splitting hairs these days. “A slumber party with a doctor?” he asked, just to check.

Rusty stopped and pretended to check an invisible stethoscope, blowing air over it and polishing it on his shirt. “Doctor Rusty, at your service,” he said with a huge smile that lit up the whole room.

Matty smiled, too. He couldn’t help it. However, as Rusty looked at him again, his smile began to fade, not because he felt less happy, but the opposite. The way those green eyes were searching his face, finally settling on his lips, the way he saw it, made his heart beat wildly.

“See you tomorrow,” he said quickly, as if he was afraid Rusty would change his mind.

To his surprise, Rusty followed him to the door, and quite closely. He was about to open the door when Rusty put a palm above his head and forced it closed. “What?” he stammered.

Rusty pondered for a moment, and Matty felt his knees going soft. Rusty could ask him anything at this point, and he would say ‘yes’. The way Rusty towered over him was enough to make a hive of butterflies go nuts in his stomach. He was slowly oozing down onto the floor, in the most literal sense of the word, because his knees were bending of their own accord.

“Funny,” Rusty interrupted his meltdown. “I thought you were a bit taller.”

Again, much to his surprise, Matty felt Rusty kissing the top of his head briefly.

“You’re small,” Rusty said and laughed.

“Yeah, and you’re tall,” Matty replied, for lack of anything bright to say.

“My bad,” Rusty admitted and made room for Matty to escape.

That was an opportunity he couldn’t refuse, so he scurried away. What was that little kiss all about? As if he could fall for Rusty any harder than he had already fallen. It looked like he could. Go figure.

***

What a thought, to suspect goody-two-shoes Matty – Matty the virgin, Matty the one with a stick up his butt, and not the fun type, Matty the safe word user – of playing cat boy in his spare time. Rusty shook his head. Maybe he could convince Matty to wear a cat boy suit for his entertainment, if nothing came out of his interactions with Slicky Coolplums. His face would be totally red. He’d be a shy cat. Rusty grinned just imagining that. Well, the cat boy chase was one thing. Teaching Matty how to be happy and gay was another.

And he had practice now. It was a good way to forget about next week. That and, of course, fooling around with Matty was a good distraction, too.

He threw himself on the bed. He should be out the door in five minutes or so, but that was enough time to dream a little about Matty’s lips. That guy had lips to die for, it was a simple fact. Rusty had to ensure that they had plenty of objects that could serve as a substitute for the real thing, just to test how Matty looked with his lips wrapped around—

Five minutes was enough, he thought and searched for his dick in his pants. A knock on the door made him groan. Not only the coach, but other obnoxious people were trying to keep him from emptying his balls.

“Who’s there? Go away,” he growled.

The impromptu guest took that as an invitation to come in. Rusty kept his hand inside his pants obstinately. Maddox grinned when he saw him. “Ethics get you hard, Rusty?”

With a roll of the eyes and a scoff, Rusty abandoned his neglected dick. “You have no idea.”

“I’m hearing that you’re pretty serious about the game.”

“Yeah, what makes you say that?” Rusty got to his feet and began preparing his backpack for practice.

“There’s a huge article on Xpress about Rusty Parker abstaining from sex because of the upcoming game. I’m your friend, so I’m not supposed to learn about such things from the papers.”

Maddox was joking, but he was sniffing around. Rusty knew very well what that was about. “Dad called,” he said and pretended to be absorbed in the contents of his backpack.

“He’s coming to see the game?”

Rusty nodded and began walking toward the door. Maddox stop him with a sympathetic hand on his shoulder. “Don’t let him get to you.”

“I don’t plan to,” Rusty replied. “But you know that’s not how it works.”

He showed his real self to the people in that house on occasion, but to Maddox the most. They were brothers from different mothers, like Dex and Kane were.

Maddox wrapped his arms around him and hiked him off the floor, making Rusty snicker. “Feeling better?” his friend asked while putting him down.

“Your hugs always make me feel better,” Rusty replied promptly. “But make sure your fiancé doesn’t see us. He might get jealous.”

Maddox laughed and hugged him again. “Jonathan would never get jealous. He’d hug you, too.”

“Ah, well, you two should be more aware of this straight boy’s sensibilities,” Rusty advised, feeling his good mood returning. “I’m sure you’re rubbing some gay into me or something.”

“Aww, do we give you a boner?” Maddox asked, faking concern while grinning ear to ear.

“You’re giving my lil’ heart a boner. If you ever want to become three instead of two, adopt me.”

“Rusty, that would never work. We’d end up fighting about how to raise you well.”

“I know. I’m un-raisable,” he pointed out.

“You were also untutorable, but here you are,” Maddox said.

“Right. Look, you guys are going to party and stuff tomorrow night, right?”

“I’ll be out of town with Jonathan. Dex and Kane, as far as I know, were saying something about getting properly drunk.”

“Not here though, right?” Rusty asked.

“No, but why are you asking so many questions? Do you plan on throwing a party here? I think your coach is going to box your ears if he hears about it.”

“No, no, I’m just having Matty over for some tutoring.”

“Oh, gawd, Rusty, give the guy a break. Do you want to learn everything in the first weeks of the semester?”

“I’m tutoring him,” Rusty said. “We need the house to ourselves.”

“I’m still unclear what this tutoring is about.” Maddox looked at him with hooded eyes. “What exactly do you plan on teaching him?”

“We might,” Rusty offered, raising one finger, “run around the house dressed as fairies. You know, to unleash the gay overlord Matty has trapped inside him. And we don’t need an audience.”

“Strange strategy, but whatever you say. As long as you don’t make Matty uncomfortable.”

“No chance of that.”

“Good,” Maddox agreed. “Although I do fear that you might make Matty crazy before turning him into that gay god or whatever you say you want to turn him into.”

“Don’t underestimate the guy.”

“I won’t. You two seem to get along like a charm. That’s awesome, Rusty. I’m happy when you make other friends.”

“I always make other friends,” Rusty said pointedly.

“Not the real kind. Which one is Matty?”

Maddox had a point. Rusty thought it over for a bit. “He’s the real deal, you know, really caring that I learn and stuff. So, this is about me giving back, okay? Stop worrying.”

“I’m not worrying. I just don’t want any fairy dust up my crack after you’re done with your tutoring.”

“Ha, do you plan on dragging your crack over unusual surfaces in this house?” Rusty asked.

Maddox took a moment to reply. “Unusual surfaces? I’m starting to get scared.”

Rusty patted him on the back. “I’m going to practice. So, when are you leaving with your better half?”

“Tomorrow morning. Why?”

“So that I know Jonathan is still cooking tonight.”

“I see, you only care about that,” Maddox said and faked a sour face.

“No, Ace, I’m going to miss the two of you,” Rusty said and grinned.

“Ace? Where did you hear that?” Maddox asked and this time frowned.

“The walls are thin in this house. You must be doing some crazy things to your fiancé if he keeps moaning, ‘yes Ace, right there, deeper, more, please’ and all that.”

Maddox looked confused. Rusty loved to put one over on his bestie. That hadn’t been how he had learned about that nickname. He had just overheard Jonathan saying it in a tender whisper and kissing Maddox’s cheek while trying to get him to stop pouting for some reason.

“I’m off to practice,” he said quickly. He didn’t intend to give Maddox time to think and see through his charade. Plus, he felt much better now, knowing that he would have the entire house to himself and Matty so that they could go as crazy as they wanted.

***

“Will you be okay?” Zoey didn’t really sound that worried, but it was par for the course with how she usually pretended to be his mom.

“I’m just going to spend the night at Rusty’s. Of course, I’ll be fine,” Matty said, feigning confidence to the best of his abilities.

“Remember who you are,” Zoey continued. “I wish I was by your side in person to give you this pep talk, but you’ll have to settle for my voice.”

Matty sighed, tempted to end the convo, because of the many jitters in his stomach that Zoey was just making worse with her so-called pep talk. “Who am I? Slicky Coolplums?”

“Be aware not to let your two personalities collide or show at the same time. It would be bad.”

“I don’t think I’m in much danger. After all, playing the cat boy requires quite the effort. Being Matthew Han comes a lot more naturally to me,” Matty explained in a light tone.

“Yes, but you don’t know what might make you start mewling,” Zoey pointed out. “Just keep it in mind.”

“Mewling, right,” Matty said and shook his head, even though Zoey wasn’t present there in flesh and blood to understand just how unlikely he thought that was to happen.

“I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you all night,” Zoey promised. “Even if I get a cramp.”

“Just don’t. Why do I share so many details of my life with you again?”

“Because maybe, just maybe, in a different life, we shared a womb. My divination magic says so.”

“I thought divination was about reading the future, not the past,” Matty considered it reasonable to remind Zoey.

“When you’re mystical like me, everything is a whole,” Zoey replied. “And Matty, don’t be too easy, okay? Rusty has had it easy all his life when it comes to making whoopee.”

“Making whoopee? Did you just make that up?” Matty inquired.

“I wouldn’t dream of it. I’m a factual person. Go ask the internet if you don’t believe me.”

“I’ll take your word for it. But I’m not making any promises about not being easy. He only needs to look at me and I’m—You know what, I’ll be fine, okay? Bye, Zoey,” Matty said quickly. If he thought too much about his visit to Rusty and what it entailed, he could easily convince himself not to go at all.

“Bye, Matty. Don’t worry. You always have Slicky Coolplums to fall back on if you fail.”

“Sure, the greatest strategy in history. Bye for real, Zoey. If I don’t stop talking to you on the phone, I might miss going to this… whatever it is altogether.”

“Don’t even think about it. What are you still doing talking to me? Bye,” Zoey said quickly.

Matty breathed out and took one last look in the mirror. In the end, he had decided that it was better to go as his usual self, without any tight clothes ready to reveal parts that weren’t supposed to be revealed so easily. Yeah, he didn’t want to seem easy, he decided as he adjusted his glasses on his nose. Still, maybe he had time for another shower. He had only taken three. Warm water calmed his nerves.

***

Rusty opened the door before he had the chance to knock. He was shirtless. That was the first thing Matty noticed. The second was that Rusty held something like a magic wand in his hand, the kind kids used at parties to pretend being wizards and witches and whatnot.

“What is that?” Matty asked.

Rusty looked at the wand in his hand like he was seeing it for the first time in his life. He shrugged and threw it away over his shoulder. “I had to convince my hard-headed pals that I was real about tutoring you.”

“They know?” Matty’s eyes grew wide.

“What? It’s a secret that you’re gay and want to get laid?” Rusty asked. His question was genuine, and his eyes were just as big as Matty’s. He looked one moment away from panicking.

Matty sighed. He didn’t exactly have the right to judge. After all, Zoey knew everything about his crazy adventures as a cat boy, and so many other things. If he ever became famous for some obscure reason, Zoey would make bank on selling all his dirty secrets to tabloids. “Not really, no,” he admitted. “But don’t they think something weird about me?”

“Weird? No. Actually, they’re a bit in awe.”

“Really? Why?”

Rusty smiled and pulled him inside. “You succeeded and continue to do so where many others failed before. Of course, they have no idea I’m letting you.”

Matty bristled a little at that. “Do you mean, the tutoring? I’ll have you know, Mr. Parker, that I have yet to fail as a tutor.”

Rusty’s face turned sour for a moment. “Don’t call me Mr. Parker. That’s my dad.”

“Okay,” Matty said quickly. Was that a touchy subject? Of course, Rusty’s parents were divorced. He looked around, hoping to find something to grab onto and eliminate the awkwardness that threatened to appear between them again. “So,” he said brightly, “how are we going to do this?” To appear a lot more nonchalant than he felt, he made a move to get rid of his shoulder bag but somehow ended up punching Rusty in the stomach, since they were standing too close to each other.

Rusty grunted and grabbed Matty’s bag. “Follow me,” he said like the master of a mansion and gestured for his guest to fall in step with him.

This time, Matty got the opportunity to watch Rusty climb the stairs in front of him. And Zoey kept saying that he shouldn’t be easy. Well, that was one tough promise to keep. Rusty’s sweatpants seemed thinner than usual, and Matty had serious doubts that the guy had any underwear on.

He moved a bit too fast and crashed into Rusty’s backside.

“I can see that you have the proper attitude,” Rusty commented, while Matty extricated himself from hugging Rusty’s ass with his face.

“Why did you stop so abruptly?” Matty asked.

“We’re on the landing,” Rusty said and added no other explanation.

Matty could tell his cheeks were on fire. He would be easy; everything else wouldn’t.

TBC

 

And that's how Matty's further 'initiation' starts... hmm, what do you guys think it's going to happen? Any speculation is welcome, remember!
Copyright © 2022 Laura S. Fox; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 35
  • Love 44
  • Haha 9
  • Wow 1
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments




View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..