Jump to content
    MacGreg
  • Author
  • 131 Words
  • 2,007 Views
  • 24 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Exquisite Corpse and Other Collaborations - 1. Refuge

I invited @Mikiesboy to create an Exquisite Corpse poem with me. I wrote 3 lines and shared only the 3rd line with him. he, in turn, wrote 3 lines and shared only the 3rd line with me. We went back and forth like this until we had six completed stanzas, which became the poem. The outcome surprised us both.

 

It is impossible to see beyond the mire,

Those barriers of judgement,

When your mind is full of derisive chatter

 

And anger is all you spew

Tension fills you, your mind's distracted

Your inner peace becomes a fatality

 

The friction you suffer while

Undoing tangled threads of regret

Only adds calluses to your habitual scars

 

With a blade you try and scrape away

The unsightly and the ugly

But it’s the ones in your head you can't hide

 

Refuge seems far-off, unattainable

You remain in solitary confinement

While the negative chatter in your mind drones on

 

Seeking peace, your soul looks out its twin windows

To nature's grace and beauty sublime

Forgoing shoes, you walk out and bury your toes in the grass


Thank you to tim for participating on this with me.
Copyright © 2018 MacGreg, Mikiesboy; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
  • Love 11
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

15 hours ago, MacGreg said:

Freerider, you've brought up a very good point here, thank you. There may be some validity to your theory, however I would need to experiment more. Care to do one with me?

 

I am a great supporter of experiments. However I am afraid I have little to none poetic ability. Maybe other candidates are a better choice?

  • Like 4
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Freerider said:

 

I am a great supporter of experiments. However I am afraid I have little to none poetic ability. Maybe other candidates are a better choice?

Poetic ability is not a requirement, more of a willingness to let thoughts freely flow. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..