Jump to content
    MacGreg
  • Author
  • 125 Words
  • 2,063 Views
  • 23 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Exquisite Corpse and Other Collaborations - 3. Sins of Our Fathers

A new Exquisite Corpse with @Mikiesboy. As before, only the last line of each stanza was shared.
A sensitive subject about the loss of absent fathers.

Memories of distant events

Too far gone now to relive

Still haunt the archives of innocence lost

 

Memories filed away in cabinets locked

Yet your specter ever tarries

My tears, never enough to move you

 

Father-figure was an unknown phrase

Only thought about in childhood dreams

Your absence was a blessing and a curse

 

You taught me what not to be

Lessons never to be forgotten

In spite of you, I grew into a man

 

They say the sins of the father

Are passed down to the son

But I am living proof of this fallacy

 

You chose to not be my father

Now you're the dust of my past

My future is where love and life lie

 


Thank you for reading.
Copyright © 2018 MacGreg, Mikiesboy; All Rights Reserved.
  • Love 14
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

1 minute ago, BlindAmbition said:

I’m sorry tim. I meant to tag you. Deepest apologies. Powerful...

oh jp .. thanks .. no worries, hugs

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment
On 1/30/2018 at 8:02 PM, BlindAmbition said:

These words hold so much truth to the son of an absent alcoholic father. Just powerful. Thank you Sir.

It's unfortunate that you can relate to this poem, jp... but good that the words bring a connection. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on it.   

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 1/30/2018 at 8:16 PM, mollyhousemouse said:

Mac Sir, and tim

another powerful offering

 

thank you for the gift of it

Thank you, molly, that means a lot. 

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 1/30/2018 at 8:17 PM, Mikiesboy said:

thank You for asking me to do this once again, Sir.  A worthwhile exercise, satisfying and therapeutic. 

It was equally therapeutic for me. Although my father passed many, many years ago, the emotions are still present. Thanks for taking the journey with me, tim.

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment
On 1/30/2018 at 8:30 PM, Reader1810 said:

tim and Mac, thank you for this. Not an easy subject for you, but so beautifully spoken. 

Thank you for your encouragement and empathy, Reader.

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment
On 1/30/2018 at 9:26 PM, BHopper2 said:

I'm at a loss for words, but I love this poem. All I will say is Damn.... Powerful, and it's like you both were keyed into each other's mind.

Thank you, A. Your comment means a lot. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 1/30/2018 at 9:42 PM, MichaelS36 said:

In a way, they are. Sometimes in this world, there are people you meet to whom you are connected. It is a cerebral thing, to be celebrated, imo.

Thanks, Mike, this is very true. Some connections can't be easily explained but are revered.  

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment
On 1/30/2018 at 9:44 PM, MichaelS36 said:

Wonderful. Another amazing collaboration. Congratulations.

Thanks again, my friend.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 1/31/2018 at 2:37 AM, Defiance19 said:

Your words hold such power, Mac and tim.. This collaboration is a gift in so many ways.  

Thank you 

It's a gift for us, as well. Thank you, Def, I appreciate the comment.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 1/31/2018 at 1:58 PM, Parker Owens said:

This is a powerful poem, and yet more evidence of your mutual understanding. It left me deeply moved.

"Powerful" seems to be the word most used to describe this poem; very satisfying to hear. Thank you, Parker.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
32 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

It was equally therapeutic for me. Although my father passed many, many years ago, the emotions are still present. Thanks for taking the journey with me, tim.

i'll write with You anytime, Sir.  

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment

A cohesive and moving collaboration. Had you not told us it was a joint effort I would not have known. The words flow with subtle longing for what was never truly there and in the end dismiss it.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..