Jump to content
    MacGreg
  • Author
  • 171 Words
  • 1,320 Views
  • 17 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Exquisite Corpse and Other Collaborations - 7. At the End of a Year

It's been a while, but here is a new exquisite corpse poem from myself and @Mikiesboy. We each wrote 2 lines per stanza and shared only 1 line with each other as we moved along.

Happy New Year, all.

We each walk our own road never knowing what is over the next hill
In life there are always crossroads—places of choice and direction.
The decisions you make in this moment, irreverent of logic
Hold significant effect over future opportunities.

Desires and hope can change our direction at the crossroads
But we should not forget the influence of the fates and chance
For circumstances that seem unrelated and trivial
May, in fact, reveal a higher purpose to your life’s path.

And now I stand at the end of a year, ready to step into the future;
leaving behind the old year, I move forward without fear.
Determined, I face the uncertainties head-on,
And embrace the echoes of change which formerly silenced me.

It is the year to find my voice, to speak my truth unafraid
I will pick up my feet and run with joy into the future.
By lifting the heavy veil of doubt that surrounds me,
I will find peace in the rewarding journey of life.

Thank you for reading.
Copyright © 2018 MacGreg, Mikiesboy; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
  • Love 9
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

16 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

it's good, Sir, if i do say so myself.  They are a challenge though, but worth the effort. Thank You for asking me again, Sir.

It's damn good, boy. Thanks for collaborating again.

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment
16 hours ago, BHopper2 said:

It is amazing, that you two sync perfectly. Damn, I'm impressed.

I get the visuals of a traveler in a fantasy story, walking along a dirt road, and making choices at the fork in the road. Like how Robert Frost talks about the road less traveled, facing those decisions and hopefully taking the right one.

 

Excellent, and fantastic.

It is in a similar vein to A Road Not Taken, that's a great analysis, A. Thank you for reading and sharing your thoughts on this one.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
14 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

I am so glad to see another of these. They are so good. Thank you for doing another! 

Thank you, Mike. your boy and I collab pretty well together.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
7 hours ago, Kitt said:

Are you sure you two dont sit together discussing what to write?  This flows so well!  And what is more amazing, I understand it.  Poetry is not my thing. It often takes days of thought befor I get what the author is saying, but this spoke to me quite clearly.

I promise, we don't. We pick a general theme (this time, it was tim's idea to write something positive) and follow a particular process that leads to a finished product. It's all very organic. I'm glad this one spoke to you!

  • Like 5
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Parker Owens said:

This is indeed exquisite. No corpse is this, for the two of you surely bring these words to life! Wonderfully done. 

Thank you, Parker!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Geron Kees said:

Hope you continue to speak your truth, unafraid. And to find the peace you deserve to keep writing!

Thank you, Geron! Speaking truth, unafraid, is certainly a good goal to focus on. Cheers.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

i've read through it a couple of times, and each time i get something different from it, and i'd be here all night talking about it :*)

i've also now read both @MacGreg and @Mikiesboy comments in Live-Poets it seems even more magical how this works so well

thank you both for taking this form on and doing these

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
26 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

i've read through it a couple of times, and each time i get something different from it, and i'd be here all night talking about it :*)

i've also now read both @MacGreg and @Mikiesboy comments in Live-Poets it seems even more magical how this works so well

thank you both for taking this form on and doing these

you can talk about it all you want, molls, hehe. Thanks for reading and commenting, and for taking a moment to read about the process in Live-Poets.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..