1. I am tired. The bone wearyness that comes from years of holding on. The mental exhaustion the comes from months of playing happy. The soul crushing decades of no relief.
2. I stand at the edge, looking into the abyss. The darkness waits. To take that step into the healing darkness. Release my body of its brokenness, to free my mind and soul of its pain. Would be so easy, but You hold me here.
3. A mind restless beyond sleep, a body wracked with pain, sleep I fear is a distance memory. As a child I fought you so hard. Now, I’d welcome your embrace. Sleep- that wonderful place where the body renews, and the soul whispers to the heart, “its ok, tomorrow we try again”
4. Dreams- the place where all those things you hoped for, and forgot, come alive and scream at you. No wonder so many have trouble sleeping.
5. To learn some lessons of life, one must suffer. even in sleep, the pain that can't forget. It falls, drop by drop upon the mind and heart. And in our despair, and against our will, comes wisdom