Jump to content
    mogwhy
  • Author
  • 185 Words
  • 796 Views
  • 4 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Moggy's Mutterings - 6. Time to Go?

These, to me, just seemed to go together in a weird way.

1.
How do you decide that you have to let go?
Leave the relationships that means so much to YOU, but not to the them ?
Jettison them with anger? Do you let them slip away?
Do you protect your heart? Or slice your soul to shreds?
But most of all, when you stand at the abyss of loneliness,
do you jump, or turn and bury the darkness in your heart?

2.
Your dreams are on the way.
It’s time for you to fly.
Soar high. Fly head long into the future.
I’ll miss you in my life,
but you remain always in my heart.

3.
Ghosts of memories long thought forgotten.
Shimmered into focus as I ran passed you today.
Smiles and laughter giving way frowns and pain.
Should I stop? Should I turn around?
Grab a chance at reviving love gone stale?
What do I have to lose? Loneliness. Pain?
Questions spur action.
Turning, catching up, I touch your shoulder.
Turning with a frown,
your eyes light up, as cobwebs are swept away
leaping into joy for a love life re-found.

Copyright © 2017 mogwhy; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 8
  • Love 1
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

All of these describe a loss of some sort, and the pain with each is palpable with each line.  I think though that #2 is almost a loss with a full heart, similar to what a parent might feel when they send their kids out into the world to begin their adult lives. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, LitLover said:

All of these describe a loss of some sort, and the pain with each is palpable with each line.  I think though that #2 is almost a loss with a full heart, similar to what a parent might feel when they send their kids out into the world to begin their adult lives. 

 

thanks LitLover. with # 2 , it was written partially for a friend at the loss of her much loved ferret when he crossed the Rainbow Bridge and when my son left home to live in another state. both were happening  within days of each other. thanks for reading

Link to comment
18 hours ago, Parker Owens said:

I especially like number 3. It connects to me very personally.

thanks Parker. glad my writing can touch you

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..