Jump to content
    mogwhy
  • Author
  • 122 Words
  • 3,339 Views
  • 36 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Moggy's Mutterings - 1. Death

I saw death today.
He walked the halls, slowly, with reluctance.
His shoulders hunched, as if the weight of the world, he carried.
The birds in their cages still, as he drifted by.
The night throwing shadows everywhere for him to hide.
He stands there at the door now, out of the way of the people coming and going. Just waiting. Waiting to whisper a name on the breeze blowing.
I saw death today. ~moggy

 

Death returned today.
He did not slip in quietly.
He came with screaming bells and whistles.
He came in with the whole crew who was there to deny him.
He would not be deterred this time. Fly home sweet soul.
Death returned today.~moggy

Copyright © 2017 mogwhy; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 19
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



Although I read these once previously, reading them again this morning brought fresh reactions. Death arriving with a bang, not just quietly sneaking in, is chilling. 

 

I'm happy that you decided to start posting here, moggy, and I look forward to reading more (because I know you have more!)  - Cheers, Mac

  • Like 4
Link to comment
6 hours ago, Lyssa said:

As I said before: Great poems!

thanks, some days the tumble out no matter what

  • Like 2
Link to comment
6 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Very nice. They are effective and I think you could make them into a single poem easily. Really good moggy!

 

thanks tim. i did think about it, but decided not to. these were written 48 hours apart while i was watching the lady across the hallway in the rehab center struggle at the end of her life.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
5 hours ago, LitLover said:

These are lovely, Moggy.  Dark, yes, but sometimes a little dark is what we feel.  I've really loved other work of yours and this no different.  Congratulations on donning the pink :) 

 

thank you. pink is not a color i would not normally pick for myself, but i'm growing to like it :)

  • Like 3
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Bucket1 said:

Yay, you are a poet!!!

and i didn't even know it :) thanks, bucket

  • Like 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Defiance19 said:

As before, Moggy, the subject is dark but these are beautiful.

 

Congrats Poet..

thanks def. better dark poems than dark cookies

  • Like 3
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Dark subjects, yes, but very compelling and captivating. I saw Death, yes, I did. Well done, Moggy! :) 

 

thanks reader. i hope he didn't scare you.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment

You show here, moggy, in these two astounding poems, your ability to convey the visuals while evoking the feelings. That is the mark of a great poet. I am a fan, my friend... Cheers... Gary....

  • Like 4
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Caz Pedroso said:

Very powerful, thry create a very clear image.

 

Congrats on posting them and I look forward to more. 

 

:hug: 

thanks caz. i really had a clear image the night this happened that lead me to this two poems

  • Like 2
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Parker Owens said:

Arresting, forceful images make the reader pay attention and focus. Really well done. 

thank you. it means a lot coming from someone whose stories i like

  • Like 2
Link to comment
2 hours ago, AC Benus said:

I agree with everybody: deep, dark and beautiful work here. The compare/contrast from the quiet of the first to the 'roar' of the second is very effective. Still have goosebumps 

 

thank you. wow, i gave goosebumps to the teacher of poetry. most of my stuff is on the darker side

  • Like 2
Link to comment
36 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

Although I read these once previously, reading them again this morning brought fresh reactions. Death arriving with a bang, not just quietly sneaking in, is chilling. 

 

I'm happy that you decided to start posting here, moggy, and I look forward to reading more (because I know you have more!)  - Cheers, Mac

thanks Mac. i wrote them and every time i reread them it moves me back to that night. and of course i have more. lots more.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..