Jump to content
    Naptowngirl
  • Author
  • 4,710 Words
  • 6,938 Views
  • 12 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Shades of Gray - 10. Chapter 10 Two's a crowd...

Chase learns Kaleb is not a push over and can handle his own. Scott makes his presence known and Carter gains some understanding.

Chase stood at the window with his hands shoved deep in his pockets; tall, distinguished, dressed in classic black. He had so much going on; he couldn't wrap his mind around a single thing...not today anyway. He stared out the window at nothing in particular. It appeared that life was moving about as usual. People were coming and going, scurrying about with their daily routine. Just like any other day, except this was anything but.

He couldn't wait for it to be over. In the past few days he'd spent most of his time on the phone talking with friends of his father, and family members, all relaying their condolences. It appeared his siblings had designated him as the family patriarch, so he received most of the calls. Everyone wanted to know the story behind his dad's illness; from how long he'd been sick, to what type of treatment he was receiving, all of which Chase found irrelevant. Even though he wanted to scream, he played nice, answering their questions as best he could, and politely thanking them for calling.

His thoughts shifted when he heard stirring behind him. He turned around just as Kaleb was exiting the bathroom. There was a battle raging between him and the tie wrapped around his neck, one in which he was clearly losing. The frustrated snarl and grunts caused Chase to chuckle in amusement as he watched the handsome young man struggling.

It was obvious he was determined to do this on his own, but Chase decided to step in and offer his assistance before Kaleb strangled himself. "Come here.” He beckoned with a slight nod of the head.

"I can do it.” Kaleb huffed even as his fingers were still tangled in the fabric.

"I know you can.” Chase laughed. "But we really need to get going. The limo will be at the house in thirty minutes.” He explained as he swatted at Kaleb's hands, replacing them with his own. "Lift up...” Kaleb pouted doing as he was told, lifting his neck slightly allowing Chase to tie a perfect Windsor knot. "There...” Chase made one last adjustment and straightened his collar before stealing a quick kiss.

"Thank you.” Kaleb smiled warmly while tugging on the sleeve under his jacket. Chase stood back admiring not only his handy work, but the man standing before him. He looked striking, as if he belonged in the vintage addition of 'Esquire,' in his navy blue tailored suit, white crisp shirt, and red tie. His hair was as always styled perfectly with his curly locks framing his face.

Kaleb had been willingly thrown into an emotional and sometimes stressful situation. They were running on little or no sleep. The past couple of days they were getting back to the hotel way past midnight and up at dawn handling family business and, much to Chase's surprise Kaleb handled it like a real trooper. Getting back to the hotel was Chase's favorite part. He could shower, unwind, and hold his boyfriend all night. But today was the official "coming out" or debut as it were. Kaleb would be riding with Chase in the family limousine and he would sit by his side on the front row during the funeral. By the time, they left Indianapolis everyone would know Chase was in a relationship and for those who didn't get the memo...Gay.

"Are you ready?” He nodded toward Kaleb's backpack waiting for him to grab it before taking his hand.

“Yeah…” Kaleb replied as he laced their fingers together. Chase reached for the keys on the table and stopped suddenly. He turned around locking gazes.

“Thank you.” He whispered faintly, before bringing Kaleb’s fingers to his lips. There were no words spoken in reply, Kaleb just shrugged casually while tossing the strap of his backpack over one shoulder. Chase starred admiringly at the young man for a moment, using the pad of his thumb to caress Kaleb’s chin. He smiled softly and nodded toward the door.

~*~*~

The ride back from Crown Cemetery to the house was a quiet one. Elizabeth hid her bloodshot eyes behind a pair of dark sunglasses as she rested her weary head against her husband’s shoulder. Carter’s eyes were closed, his head laid back against the cool leather seat and Kaleb sat close to Chase with his earbuds tucked in his ears listening to music, his hand absentmindedly caressing Chase’s knee offering silent comfort as he stared out the window.

The morning had been a long, emotional one and, the day wasn’t due to end anytime soon. The funeral was draining, but that was to be expected at a time such as this. He wasn’t sure how Scott would react, so Chase made sure to keep Kaleb by his side, unbeknownst to him, and out of the line of proverbial fire as much as possible. This proved to be a bit more challenging than he expected. The term ‘never met a stranger’ came to mind, another attribute of Kaleb’s that he appreciated…He wasn’t clingy, and he loved meeting new people.

There was the awkward moment toward the end of the service when Scott hugged Chase. He held him a little longer than necessary, but other than that, everything went well, and he was glad it was over. Several Law Firms and State Representatives from Chicago, along with a few personal acquaintances who couldn’t make it sent floral arrangements and sympathy announcements in lieu of. Not only did the Star of Hope Shelter send a beautiful arrangement, but Darla, herself and Mr. Watson made the drive to Indianapolis for the funeral, which Chase greatly appreciated. However, what surprised him the most was; they received not only one arrangement… but two from the Fitzgerald's. One was from the Development co, and a personal arrangement from Horace and Helen Fitzgerald.

By the time, the limousine made it back for the Repass dinner the street was littered with cars, mostly family members and a few close friends. The limo pulled up in front of the house and all eyes were on the Montgomery children as they filed out. Even though they were exhausted, they stood proud…tall, as they knew Grant would want. Carter exited first; his sunglasses resting on top of his head, tie draped loosely around his neck. A moment later, Chase made his way out of the vehicle, with his jacket thrown across his shoulder. He stood patiently by the car waiting to take Kaleb's hand leading him up the walkway. Elizabeth and John were the last out, before the limousine slowly pulled away from the curb, all that was missing was the spotlight and the paparazzi. Grant was respected in Indiana and his kids were his "Legacy."

Kaleb's eyes lit up as he noticed the children running around in the front yard. He didn't realize how much he missed the kids at the shelter until now. He waved excitedly to the little boy who pointed his toy gun his way.

"Hey, Mister?!” The little boy yelled. "Wanna play?"

"In a minute!” He called back over his shoulder. "I have to go inside first, but I'll be back!” He promised as Chase led him inside.

The inside was warm and inviting. People respectfully milling about. Some sitting in the living room with plates of food on their laps sharing memories of Grant, while others admired the family photos scattered about the house. Savory spices wafted through the air, everything from fried chicken, candied yams and fresh bread tickled their nostrils.

Chase smiled and waved to a few familiar faces he recognized including Kristin who was sitting with one of his cousins, they were engrossed in a conversation while eating and drinking wine. He squinted scanning the living room for Scott, whom to his surprise was nowhere to be found.

"It's about time...” A heavy raspy female voice captured his attention. He glanced up to see his Aunt Abigail marching their way. A portly older woman with silver hair that she wore pulled back into a neat bun. Aunt Abigail was the older sister, and spitting image of their mother. "Go...go get something to eat, before it's all gone.” She ushered Elizabeth and John toward the kitchen after giving them both a tight hug. "I swear people come to these things just to eat.” She whispered cupping her hand to her mouth.

She was about to wipe away the perspiration that dotted her brows with the back of her hand when Kaleb spoke up catching her off guard.

"Well, it is called a 'Repass Dinner.’” He reminded her with a slight shrug of the shoulder. Chase's eyes widened in disbelief and Carter disguised his laughter as a cough. Abigail took a deep breath placing her hands on her hips shooting Kaleb a questioning glare.

"And who are you?” She asked knitting her brows together tightly.

"Ummm...” Chase started to speak before being interrupted.

"I'm Kaleb.” He extended his hand politely. "It's nice to meet you.” He flashed her an award-winning smile. She squinted still unsure as to who he was.

"He's my boyfriend, Aunt Gail.” Chase offered as he placed his hand on the small of Kaleb's back.

"Your boyfriend?” She questioned skeptically.

"Yes ma'am.” Kaleb grinned proudly.

"Well...umm...who...” She stammered. "Ahh come here. Now listen, I don't want no drama in this house today, you hear me?” She laughed pulling Kaleb into a tight hug then whispered over his shoulder. "Who's the man in the kitchen?"

"Huh?” Chase shrugged as he and Carter followed them down the hall.

The kitchen was as full as the rest of the house, family and friends were everywhere. They had formed a nice line and were chatting casually while waiting to fill their plates. This was a drastic contrast to before Scott took over. He was at the helm, running things as he would a formal dinner. He instructed those in the kitchen to arrange the food into groups. All the meats together on one side, the veggies, and pasta plates on the other. He had moved all the desserts on a separate table toward the back of the kitchen to keep down on the traffic. This was Scott's specialty and though he didn't cook the food, he loved showing off his 'dinner hosting' etiquette.

He glanced up and smiled as he wiped his hands on the towel draped over his shoulder before excusing himself from around the serving table.

“Hey…” His eyes smiled warmly into Chase’s as he pulled him into a close embrace.

“Thanks for this.” Chase nodded around the kitchen as he released himself from Scott’s hold.

“They had it under control. It just needed some tweaking, your aunt did okay.” Scott smiled as he glanced around. “So…this is the infamous Carter I’ve heard so much about.” He turned his attention to Chase’s brother.

“Yes. This is my brother Carter. Carter this is Scott.” Chase made the social introductions.

“It’s nice to meet you.” Carter replied with a short nod while shaking Scott's hand. Though they shared a moment of silence between them, Carter was sure he was being excluded from the personal conversation going on between Chase and Scott. The eyes and body language spoke volumes, and what Carter heard was Scott was definitely more than a friend.

“Scott, we’re ready for the second tray of Macaroni and cheese.” A voice off in the distance alerted him.

“Sorry fellas, duty calls.” Scott informed them before turning to leave. Chase watched as he scurried off, rolling up his sleeves as he fell back into his element. Scott was indeed one of the good guys, he just didn’t do it for him unlike...His eyes scanned the area falling on the object of his desires. That man right there did... and he did it so effortlessly. A smile appeared as he admired the young man. Kaleb had taken off his jacket and tie, sharing his plate of food with a little tyke who had obviously taken a liking to him.

“So, that’s how your team plays, eh?” He heard his brother question.

“Team...” Chase repeated with confusion.

“Yeah…” Carter bumped shoulders before giving him a congratulatory pat on the back.

“What the hell are you talking about?”

“I mean, come on man. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see what’s really going on here. You’ve got both your men at you’re dads funeral here to support their grieving boyfriend.”

“It’s not like that.” Chase retorted in an even tone.

“I mean, I can’t even get one girl to show up.” He chuckled into his fist, “and here you’ve got two men.” He continued. “One seems like he can keep your secrets and not tell, and the other is so young and gullible he wouldn’t know what was going on even if it’s right under his nose.” He laughed referring to Kaleb.

“Gwad…” Chase sighed exasperatedly before walking off.

“What?” Carter laughed feigning innocence.

“Hey, baby. Are you doing okay?” Chase asked as he sat down next to Kaleb.

“Umhumm…” He replied slightly preoccupied. Chase placed his arm around Kaleb’s shoulder giving him a quick kiss on the temple before relaxing back in his seat.

“Who’s your little friend?” He asked as the little toddler's hand reached into Kaleb’s plate.

“This is Adam…” Kaleb replied as he swatted Adam’s hand. “No…No. You have to ask.” He reprimanded the little boy as he handed him a green bean.

“And where are Adam’s parents?” Chase asked in an animated tone.

“She’s helping serve the food. I promised her I would keep an eye on him.”

“Well, I say its time his mom gets a break and so do you.” Chase smiled as he pushed himself up from the chair. “I want to eat with my boyfriend; Adam can't be stealing my time.” He chuckled.

"I don't mind.” Kaleb smiled as he tousled Adam's hair.

"I know you don't… but I do. I'm being selfish here.” He laughed. He had just picked Adam up when Scott approached them.

“Hey…” Scott smiled. “I didn’t notice you getting anything to eat.” He said holding out a plate he had put together for him. “So I made you one.”

“Um…Thanks Scott, but you didn’t….” Chase started to say capturing Kaleb’s attention. “Oh…” He glanced over to his left. “Um…Kaleb this is my friend Scott. Scott I think you know who Kaleb is.” He stressed the word who in hopes that Scott would behave himself.

“Of course.” Scott smirked. “This is your little boyfriend…Right?” His tone was laced with sarcasm.

“Yeah…” Chase confirmed as he put Adam down. “Go get mommy.” He nudged the little tot on the butt shooing him off. He stood up and placed his arm around Kaleb’s waist. The awkward tension was so thick you could cut it with knife. “Was it too much to ask to keep this moment from occurring?” Chase thought to himself as he watched Scott and Kaleb size each other up. Kaleb’s was less intentional where Scott’s was indeed filled with contention.

“I’m not….” Kaleb defended crossing his arms over his chest when a look of recognition hit him. “Hey…” He dropped his arms to his side. “You’re the one in the picture.” He squinted tilting his head slightly.

“What?” Chase questioned even as the look of perplexity attacked Scott’s features as well.

“The dinner, remember…The picture in the paper.” Kaleb clarified with a snap of his finger.

“That’s right.” Scott agreed with a victorious smile.

“Yeah, they did a great job. The picture must have been photo finished or touched up. You look much older in person.” He stated innocently. The look on Scott's face was priceless. Chase couldn't remember a time when Scott was ever at a loss for words until this moment. You could have blown him over with a feather. All the products, facial masks, and treatments were just blown out the water with that simple statement...you look old.

"Anyway congratulations on the award, I'm sure you deserved it."

"Um...yeah.” Scott grimaced through a sideways smile.

“I’m gonna go outside.” Kaleb informed Chase.

“Wait…what about eating with me?” He objected.

“Later….” He grinned as he stood on the tips of his toes to reach Chase’s lips. He gave him a tender kiss on the mouth before turning to Scott.

“It was nice to meet you.” He stated sincerely before skipping off, his tone absent of any threat or malice. Chase shook his head and smiled as he watched Kaleb pat Adam playfully on the head, before he went out the door. He could feel Scott’s eyes burning a hole in his skull.

“What?” Chase shrugged.

“That little shit.” He gripped. “Someone needs to teach him some manners.” He huffed. “That’s so not you, Chase.”

“Scott…” Chase chided through a deep sigh.

“Why does the song ‘Father Figure,’ by George Michael come to mind?” Scott quipped.

“Because you’re being childish.” Chase countered.

“Well, I mean he is beautiful.” Scott shamefully admitted. “But I would feel like a pedophile every time we had sex.” He teased. “Want to pat him on the head for being good boy, and give him a cookie.” He laughed.

Hummm…” Chase chuckled reflectively. He and Kaleb had been spending all their time together for almost four weeks perfecting every kissing technique ever known to man, and not once had they had sex. It didn’t dawn on him until just now how gone… how enamored he was already. It actually frightened him, if the feeling could get any higher, once they crossed that threshold he would surely be a dead man. He sighed as the sound of Scott’s voice pulled him from his thoughts.

“That’s it, isn’t it? He’s a virgin. He’s hot in the sack. That’s gotta be it.” He assumed. Chase shook his head, his expression one of disbelief.

“No…” He deadpanned nodding to the plate still in Scott’s hand. “Thanks, but I’ve lost my appetite.” He frowned as he walked away leaving Scott dumbfounded.

~*~*~

As the evening drew to a close, there were just a handful of people still lingering around. Elizabeth had taken her leave an hour prior. The physical as well as the mental exhaustion was taking its toll, which was totally understandable. She had taken on the task of seeing to their father’s health single handedly; except for the times during the months when Chase was there, everything else fell on her tired shoulders.

He didn’t get to spend much time with his friend Kristin, as he would have liked, however they did chat for a little bit before she had to leave, and she gave Kaleb two thumbs up. She gushed on and on about how cute and adorable she thought, he was and how happy she was for them. They promised they would catch up once things settled down for Chase, with him picking up the dinner tab as usual.

Chase and Carter sat on the porch steps, Chase enjoying a cold beer while Carter settled on a vodka and cranberry. The gentle breeze felt good and they were finally able to relax a little.

Chase laughed softly in amusement enjoying watching Kaleb with the children. They were all bare foot running around in the grass playing tag. He had a way with them. He was patient with them...Kind. He was the same with Chase. He had a calming effect on him that Chase hadn't experienced before, but he also had a way of letting you know when he didn't like something and he could be as stubborn as they came.

“So, little brother…that’s you over there?” Carter nodded toward Kaleb and the kids.

“Hum?” Chase answered, his attention still diverted toward his boyfriend.

“You and Kaleb. You guys really gonna do this couple thing?” He clarified.

“Unhumm…” Chase nodded as he turned to face his brother. “I really like him.” He stated honestly. “He just does it for me.” He shrugged casually.

“You know, I get the physical…I do. Hell I’m not gay, but I’ve got to give it to him, he’s genetically gifted, but…” He left the statement hanging.

“But what…He’s different?” Chase finished, using air quotes.

“Well, yeah. He is, Chase. It’s not a bad thing you understand.” He added. “But are you sure you want to take that on. Beauty fads with time, then what are you stuck with?”

“I’m not stuck with anything. I don’t feel stuck.” Chase answered. “But you’re right, beauty does fade with time and in his defense, he’ll be left with a beautiful soul and not everyone can say that.”

“Touché… little brother touché.” Carter laughed. “I actually like the little fuck. He has a mouth on him that’s for sure.” He laughed as he turned up his glass. “You should have heard him with Mrs. Davis from next door.”

“Old hag, Davis.” Chase laughed as he cupped his mouth. “Shit. What happened?” He was almost afraid to ask.

“She was yelling at the kids for being in her…quote, unquote precious garden, and he let her have it, in a nice…nasty way.” He laughed. “She was speechless when she stormed off. I think she said something like ‘Well I’ve never….”

“Wow…” Chase chuckled. “He loves those kids, and he’s good with them.” He stated seriously as he watched them playing. “And they love him too.”

“Well, look at him. He’s playing with them like one.” Carter pointed out. He took a sip of his drink, crunching on the ice as he observed the look in his brother’s eyes. Chase was a deep thinker, he knew that. His brother didn’t take things lightly. The fact that Kaleb was there as his boyfriend, said a lot. Chase wasn’t stupid. There was something about Kaleb that lured him in…and the fact that folks were talking about them, didn’t bother him at all.

“What is it about….” He stopped unexpectedly. “Oh shit.” He said faintly as he noticed Scott heading in their direction.

“What?”

“Don’t look now, but the one with the comb over is heading this way.” He hid his laughter behind his glass.

“What…” Chase knitted his brows together tightly. “Carter.” Chase reprimanded. “He doesn’t have a comb over.” He nudged him with his shoulder.

“But that hairline is walking away.” He teased. “It’s receding that’s for damn sure.”

“Whatever…” Chase laughed, as Scott got closer. Scott was very attractive and could get any man he wanted and he didn’t hesitate to remind Chase of it either.

“I think I’ll take my leave. Go and freshen my drink.” He smirked while tilting the empty glass upside down.

“Scott….” Carter greeted as he stepped off the landing.

“Hey, Carter. You’re not leaving on my account are you?”

“Empty…” He called over his shoulder holding up the glass.

“Oh…” Scott nodded before slowly turning his attention toward Chase. He pressed his lips together in a tight line as he inhaled deeply. Chase squinted up at him, resting his elbows on his knees waiting for him to speak.

“I come in peace.” Scott smiled. Chase tilted his head slightly before scooting over, allowing him room to sit. “Thank you.” Scott gestured as he positioned himself next to him. He glanced out to Kaleb and smiled. “He looks like he’s having fun with them.”

“Yeah, it’s what he does.” Chase shrugged casually.

“About…” Scott started to speak.

“Listen, Scott,” Chase objected.

“No…no, let me speak.” Scott insisted cutting him off. “I was totally out of line about the sex stuff.” He sighed as he combed his fingers through his hair.

“As a matter of…” Chase attempted to speak, but was cut off again.

“Your sex life is not my business. I know that.”

“Well, thanks.” Chase smiled giving him two short pats on the knee. “And thanks for coming and... You know.”

“You don’t have to thank me. You know I would have loved to be here for you, but…” He clasped his hands together in his lap chewing on his lower lip before sighing heavily. “Can I ask you something?”

“It’s not about sex is it?” Chase said, only half teasing.

“No... It’s not about sex.” Scott laughed. His laughter faded and his expression took on a serious nature. “I’ve watched you two all day.” He said choosing his words as careful as he could. “And you seem really into him and I don’t get it.”

“Scott. I don’t want to get into this again…really.”

“No, I mean, I just want to understand, Chase. Two years.” He stressed. “We’ve been at this for two years and…shit.” He voiced through an exasperated sigh. “Explained that.”

“I don’t…” Chase replied as he rubbed his hand roughly down his chin. He looked at Kaleb from across the yard as if the answer was going to magically appear. “I wish I could figure it out.” He shrugged. Scott waited for a reply as he too looked out in the yard at Kaleb and the kids playing. “It’s not like he does anything special, it’s just with him I see things differently. The way he sees them…you know?” He smiled slightly. “It’s like the same old stuff; it’s the same old stuff with him. He’s teaching me how to appreciate things…the small things.” He chuckled reflectively. “You know he speaks to everyone we pass when walking down the street. Who does that? And they speak back. They look at him like he’s crazy, but they actually speak back.”

“See…that’s what I want. I wanted you to have that sparkle in your eyes when you talked about me.” Scott expressed sadly. “I mean we all want what we can’t have. So we take what we can get.”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean, Chase, with your impeccable reputation, all your community services, I see you running for State Office. I mean you’ve got it all going for you. “

“Scott….” Chase interjected, prematurely.

“Listen. You’ve been groomed. People know you.”

“Thanks to you.” Chase quipped. Scott nodded but didn’t justify that with an answer. “Why do you care so much? It’s not like we’ve ever been a couple.”

“Just fucking partners…right?” Scott snarled.

“It wasn’t like that and you know it. I never lied to you about anything.”

“And that’s supposed to make me feel better? Because I don’t.” He admitted. “I came here knowing he was going to be here. But you know I’m so used to taking care of you, looking out for you that I came anyway.”

“Listen, Scott,”

“I’m guilty as charged. I knew the deal and I fell for you anyway. I made myself believe that we had a future together…someday. I fell in love and you didn’t. You can’t help who you fall in love with…Chase.”

“Exactly.”

Scott opened his mouth to speak, to ask the probing question, but nothing came out. ‘Is he in love with him?’ the thought of Chase loving someone scared him. “What about your future. How would it look having a State representative standing there with a guy like Kaleb by his side?”

“A guy like Kaleb…what’s that supposed to mean?” Chase questioned defensively while trying to hold his anger at bay.

“I mean.” Scott stood to his feet. “A person like Kaleb won’t get you elected. A few sympathy votes but that’s all. You need a person like….”

“Like you…” Chase smiled slyly as he mimicked Scott’s movements standing to his feet as well. “You know…” He scratched above his brow as he searched out the topic of their conservation. Kaleb and the children were gone. “Actually, Scott. I can’t think of a better person to have by my side.” He smirked. “He’s beautiful. You yourself said it. I can get the sympathy votes.” He nodded with a smile. “He’s a Fitzgerald for goodness sake. Papa Horace has all of Chicago in his back pocket. Hell that’s the majority of the vote’s right there.” Chase continued his sarcastic rant receiving a huge smile and approving nod from Scott. Chase was unaware of the person standing behind him.

“You see, Kaleb Fitzgerald is perfect to have by my side if I want to win.” He turned to walk away stopping dead in his tracks. Piercing Blue eyes penetrating emerald green ones.

“Kaleb…”

Next up...Kaleb never ceases to amaze.... And Chase soon learns he has someone to answer to, but the person might surprise even him...
A/N: Wanted to send a Super sized thank you too all that are reading this story...by the time it's all said and done, I'll sound like a broken CD...lol but comments fuel the writer's soul and I truly appriciate them. It's human nature to make mistakes as with the characters of this story, so if you love em, dislike em, or if they piss you off it's cool to express it ;) Thanks so much for reading and I hope you enjoy.... :)
Kim
Copyright © 2011 Naptowngirl; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 16
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I'm putting you in the same boat with C James as far as cliffhangers go. And!!!...if you say you never do cliffhangers I'll scream!

You made a funeral and a wake entertaining.

I am really hating Scott....

You are a so good writer. Keep this story going a while okay?

Link to comment
On 09/26/2011 02:24 AM, charlieocho said:
I know, I sound "like a broken record', but your writing in this story is just so fine. Please, don't stop soon!
Your broken record is like music to my ears... thank you. Kaleb and Chase have a few bridges to cross before I rest. I'm not much of a drama person, but I know the story needs just a skeet taste soooooo. I hope to keep you entertained.
Link to comment
On 09/26/2011 04:05 AM, Swhouston44 said:
I'm putting you in the same boat with C James as far as cliffhangers go. And!!!...if you say you never do cliffhangers I'll scream!

You made a funeral and a wake entertaining.

I am really hating Scott....

You are a so good writer. Keep this story going a while okay?

Swhouston44, I love a cliffhanger every now and then ;) My hopes it that it brings you back...hehehe You know I'm not going to drag it out, but I'm glad it was entertaining. but I think Chicago is calling, so. Oh and Scott is not done yet...just saying so the hate can continue... thanks so much for the review and compliment. it truly means a lot...as I mentioned to charliecho, I a little drama a head for Kaleb and Chase, but Hey *shrugs* without a little how could they ever grow....

 

Kim

Link to comment

Oh no! I can't believe I have to wait to find out what happens, but I will lol. I can't wait to read more :)

Link to comment
On 09/26/2011 04:25 PM, intune said:
Oh no! I can't believe I have to wait to find out what happens, but I will lol. I can't wait to read more :)
intune, thanks for much for the reviews. I'm glad you seem to be enjoying the story. Relationships take on all forms of dynamics so it will be interesting to see how thses two totally different individuls come together to form a solid relationship. You shouldn't have to wait too long, I like to post twice a week, but I'm in the middle of moving, UGH!!! Again thanks for reading and posting a review.

 

Kim :D

Link to comment

I am SO glad I have missed a few chapters in reading this so I can now go on to read the next one without having to wait. With Scott around there were always bound to be storm clouds on the horizon.. This was car crash reading and i wanted to slap both of them. I know that Chase was just getting at Scott but his timing was way off. Doesn't he know the rule that if you are talking to your ex about your new partner and saying something you shouldn't they are ALWAYS going to be standing behind you.

As ever this was an awesome chapter and I just so love Kaleb. I want him

Link to comment
On 10/04/2011 06:53 PM, Nephylim said:
I am SO glad I have missed a few chapters in reading this so I can now go on to read the next one without having to wait. With Scott around there were always bound to be storm clouds on the horizon.. This was car crash reading and i wanted to slap both of them. I know that Chase was just getting at Scott but his timing was way off. Doesn't he know the rule that if you are talking to your ex about your new partner and saying something you shouldn't they are ALWAYS going to be standing behind you.

As ever this was an awesome chapter and I just so love Kaleb. I want him

Waves...nephylim. I'm thrilled you're still reading this story and enjoying it. Yes ole Scott was in raw form that day and again yes Chase needs a rule book whem it comes to dealing with Scott and especially Kaleb... Hell I think I want me a Kaleb too...he's too damn cute. again thanks for the review
Link to comment

Hi, i'm back..* waves *, i waited for so long to finally find some time to get back here:) ..wow, this was some chapter.. enjoyed every minute here. i loved to read how this bond between Chase and Kaleb is growing. to see Kaleb handle these emotional and stressful situation warms my heart. he handled all like a real "trooper" , ( i like this image) just with being there for Chase.

.. and than there was Scott and the repass dinner.. i loved that Scott helped there in the kitchen, but other than that is was plain out of line. this had to be one of the most painfully days for Chase and Scott has to put up a fight about Kaleb??, well again, this was low.. but i inwardly i had to smile here because Scott doesn't stand a chance agian Kaleb and he isn't even aware of this. Scott wanted to be cruel and hurt Kaleb in a way, but no such luck..lol.. Kaleb with just being his friendly and honest self, left Scott speechless and i was so, so happy, given the circumstances...

i liked watching Kaleb with the kids too, and the talk between carter and Chase was beautiful ans well thought written... yes, Kaleb will be left with a beautiful soul <3

the end, well i didn't expect this to happen, but hey, it's Scott we're speaking of.. he just couldn't let go, right?? he had to take it up a notch by refering to Chase's career and what it would look like with a guy like Kaleb at his side.. again, zero points for Scott, it all sounded rather despairingly, his last ""ace up his sleeve"" and in a way i can understand Chase's reaction and the sarcasm. but of course the timing was off and i don't want to see the hurt in Kaleb's eyes, this has to hurt, it's his fear to only get used for his name :( but i have faith in you to resolve this situation.. Thanks <3 annette.. ( we def. have to talk about this story!!)

Link to comment
On 11/02/2011 04:01 AM, asonearth said:
Hi, i'm back..* waves *, i waited for so long to finally find some time to get back here:) ..wow, this was some chapter.. enjoyed every minute here. i loved to read how this bond between Chase and Kaleb is growing. to see Kaleb handle these emotional and stressful situation warms my heart. he handled all like a real "trooper" , ( i like this image) just with being there for Chase.

.. and than there was Scott and the repass dinner.. i loved that Scott helped there in the kitchen, but other than that is was plain out of line. this had to be one of the most painfully days for Chase and Scott has to put up a fight about Kaleb??, well again, this was low.. but i inwardly i had to smile here because Scott doesn't stand a chance agian Kaleb and he isn't even aware of this. Scott wanted to be cruel and hurt Kaleb in a way, but no such luck..lol.. Kaleb with just being his friendly and honest self, left Scott speechless and i was so, so happy, given the circumstances...

i liked watching Kaleb with the kids too, and the talk between carter and Chase was beautiful ans well thought written... yes, Kaleb will be left with a beautiful soul <3

the end, well i didn't expect this to happen, but hey, it's Scott we're speaking of.. he just couldn't let go, right?? he had to take it up a notch by refering to Chase's career and what it would look like with a guy like Kaleb at his side.. again, zero points for Scott, it all sounded rather despairingly, his last ""ace up his sleeve"" and in a way i can understand Chase's reaction and the sarcasm. but of course the timing was off and i don't want to see the hurt in Kaleb's eyes, this has to hurt, it's his fear to only get used for his name :( but i have faith in you to resolve this situation.. Thanks <3 annette.. ( we def. have to talk about this story!!)

Nettie Poo....Welcome back! Yes a lot happens in this chapter. Scott is being Scott. It's obvious he's still in love with Chase, but the fact that Chase has never been in love with Scott makes it easier for him to move on with Kaleb. though he is still sensitive to him, but Kaleb always comes first. You have to read the next chapter to see IF Chase can fix this oops. Missed ya girly and yes we will talk and it's coming up sooner than we think... :D

 

Kim

Link to comment

Uh oh...Chase put his foot in it now. Scott's real problem isn't that he's bad he's just so shallow. Gotta go read the next chapter, thanks for the good work.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..