Jump to content
    Naptowngirl
  • Author
  • 5,608 Words
  • 7,262 Views
  • 17 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Shades of Gray - 12. Chapter 12 Cause if it isn't Love.....

Some time we don't see or accept love even when it slaps us right in the face. It takes us completely by surprise and we can't rationalize our decision.
Chase...that's way its called falling. you have no control of it, no matter how many years you spent in school...

“Are you okay?” He whispered before tenderly kissing Kaleb behind his ear. Kaleb held his breath and nodded slowly.

“Umhumm…” He sighed, though is body told a different story. Chase could feel him tremble underneath him as he arched his back slightly trying to wrap his legs tighter around Chase’s waist. “It doesn’t hurt…really. It just feels weird.”

"Its okay, Kaleb...relax.” Chase spoke softly as he stilled himself allowing Kaleb time to adjust to him. The first time should always be special, something he wanted Kaleb to fondly remember. They spent time exploring each other...touching each other...kissing each other. Chase wanted them to take their time, there was no need to rush, they had all night. It was about a surrendering of the souls. Tonight they were experiencing something new, taking their relationship to a different level, and he wanted them to do it together.

The tips of Kaleb’s fingers gingerly tracing circles down the small of Chase’s back caused his body to quiver as they lay together. Their bodies molding perfectly. Kaleb’s body was cool, yet hot to the touch at the same time. His body; flesh against him caused Chase’s skin to tingle with immense anticipation of what was to come.

“I’m ready…” Kaleb whispered softly as he shifted his body beneath him.

As he held him close, Chase eased deeper inside, careful not to hurt him. His strokes were precise and agonizingly slow, causing his own body to scream silently in protest. With each stroke, he felt as if he was going to explode. It was as if his body was a raging fire burning out of control. He pushed deeper causing Kaleb to whimper softly in his ear.

“I like that...It feels good.” Kaleb’s voice was faint as his hip rose upward to meet Chase’s.

“Umhumm…” Was all Chase could muster as he continued his journey. His mission: to seek out every pleasure point on Kaleb’s body, learn, and master them, taking his cues from him, feeding off his faint cries and approving moans.

There was something about the way Kaleb’s toned, firm, thighs fit between Chase’s hips, the way his warm labored breath tickled his neck sending chills down Chase’s spine. He could tell he was trying to steady his breathing, control the intense feelings attacking every nerve ending in his body but he was failing miserably and Chase loved it. There was just something about the way Kaleb rocked his hips from side to side…their rhythm was slow, as if they were dancing to a love song orchestrated just for them.

The feeling was so intense it was almost intimidating. The pounding of his own heart was loud and hard, feeling as if it was about to rip right out of his chest. It was invigorating, making him feel alive. He kissed Kaleb’s neck and shoulder, desperately seeking out his warm mouth, searching for his tongue, desiring his taste. Pleasurable moans wafted the dense air when their lips and tongues finally met.

The kiss was deep, filled with passion and hungered lust. Feeding their carnal desires. It wasn’t just about sex anymore. There was nothing on any video or manual that could prepare them for what they were experiencing at this moment. It was pure, raw, and uninhibited.

Everything about Kaleb was new and exciting and his orgasm was no different. Chase wasn't trying to compare him to anyone else, that was impossible, everyone was different and unique in their own right, and Kaleb was no exception. He gripped Chase tightly as sultry, erotic moans and incoherent words forced their way out between pressed lips. Kaleb gasped for air and Chase could feel his body tensing with each forced release, as he used his hand to pleasure Kaleb, and true to his nature, Kaleb’s was a climax that was definitely his own…he shared it with no one, not even his lover, his first time was for him alone. The idyllic expression that graced his features sent Chase over the edge, causing him to spiral into unadulterated bliss as they rode out their orgasms in their own way, but….together.

"C'était le meilleur moment de ma vie…” He panted as he buried his face between the crevice of Chase's neck and shoulder. "C'est comme si je me sentais vivant pour la première fois de ma vie. Tu me fais sentir spécial, désirable et je veux ressentir ça pour toujours...je t'aime." Kaleb struggled to breathe as he experienced euphoria for the first time.

Chase pulled back trying to look into Kaleb’s eyes that appeared darker than usual and smiled warmly. Emerald green eyes penetrating pale blue ones. “I’m not sure what you just said.” He laughed darkly. “But I’m hoping it was something good considering.” He glanced between their sweat soaked bodies.

“It was…” Kaleb beamed widely.

“Care to enlighten me?” Chase asked with an arched brow as he stared down at his young lover.

“Nope….” Kaleb grinned teasingly. “You need to learn French.” He teased.

“I do, if you plan on speaking it to me.” Chase countered as he pushed Kaleb’s damp hair off his forehead.

“Don’t worry, I’ll teach you.”

“You will…” Chase tilted his head slightly, as he lowered it, bringing their lips softly together sharing a tender kiss with him.

“Here…Black coffee, no sugar or cream…Gross.” Kaleb frowned as he handed Chase his Styrofoam cup. His voice pulled Chase from his reverie.

“Hum…Thank you.” Chase smiled as he reached for the cup. “Hey where’s yours?” He questioned as he took a cautious sip.

“I don’t like coffee remember?”

“I do.”

“Besides my stomach is still a little queasy.” Kaleb sighed. “It feels like my insides are all pushed together.”

“I’m sorry…” Chase ducked his head shyly.

“No…don’t be. I’ll get better at it I promise.”

Chase stared dreamily into Kaleb’s alluring blue eyes and smiled. “You were perfect.” He assured him.

Now it was Kaleb’s turn to act bashful. "I don't want to leave you.” He voiced as he rested his head against Chase's shoulder. Chase smiled warmly into those blue eyes that were staring back at him, pleading for him to change his mind.

"Baby, I'm going to be alright.” Chase promised him before kissing him on the forehead. He pulled Kaleb tightly into his embrace and whispered softly in his ear. "Thank you for being here. It really meant more than you know.” He expressed appreciatively. He closed his eyes and inhaled deeply remembering his scent as his mind again drifted back to last night. To say 'He really enjoyed their night together,' would be cliché, and in Chase's heart, last night was anything but...

In the past sex had been just that...sex. Even with Lance. Something he found pleasurable. Many times, it could have easily been defined as a need, stress reliever, totally for self-gratification. However, not last night. As Chase held Kaleb in his arms, he felt completely satisfied. Last night was about Kaleb and it wasn't just an act, it was an experience. Last night they shared a first. For Kaleb it was his first time and for Chase it felt, something like making love.

"When are you coming home?” He heard Kaleb ask as he relaxed in Chase's arms. His voice was non-intrusive yet still pulling Chase from his thoughts.

"I should have things wrapped in a couple of days.” He promised.

"A couple of days?” Kaleb pouted. "That's too long.” Chase chuckled in amusement. He stepped back releasing his hold on Kaleb, cupping his cheek in the palm of his hand.

"It'll go by quick. I'll be home before you know it.” He assured him. "Besides I don't want the little kiddos mad at me for stealing their time.” He teased while shaking his head.

"I know.” Kaleb smiled with a faraway look in his eyes. "I miss them."

"See.” Chase agreed. He glanced over Kaleb's shoulder to the black town car that had pulled up behind them and nodded. "Your ride is here.” Kaleb sighed forcing a smile. He adjusted his backpack over his shoulder stepping back out of the way.

"Excuse me, Mr. Fitzgerald. Are you ready to go?” The driver asked as he picked up Kaleb's over night case and garment bag."

"Yeah...” Kaleb nodded through a sad smile. "Are you sure you don't want me to stay?"
He asked Chase once more.

"Don't tempt me.” He sighed, he too forcing a smile before pulling Kaleb back into his embrace. It would be selfish on his part to ask Kaleb to stay. He understood he had family and a life back in Chicago to get back too. They shared a quick kiss before Kaleb turned to leave. "See ya soon.” Chase waved as he watched Kaleb get into the car.

The car was barely out of sight when the pang of loneliness hit him. "Really...” He questioned knitted brow as he watched the car turn the corner.

~*~*~

The flight back to Chicago seemed shorter to Kaleb, but then again when you sleep on the plane, time always flies. The Limo pulled up to the house and the driver immediately hurried out making his way around to the passenger side. He smiled politely stepping aside, as he opened the door, allowing room for Kaleb to exit the car.

"Thank you.” Kaleb said as he stretched his arms out to his side while stifling a yawn. He glanced up to the front door when he heard his mother's voice as she stepped outside.

"You're back.” Helen exclaimed as she approached her son with open arms.

"Hi, Mom.” He waved. "Umpffff.” He gasped suddenly as she pulled him tightly into her arms.

"I'm so glad you're back. I was so worried about you. I missed you.” She stated peppering his forehead with kisses.

"Mom....” Kaleb objected untangling himself from her grasp. He frowned as he used the palm of his hand to wipe his head.

“What…can’t I miss my own son?” Helen countered as she wrapped her arm around Kaleb’s shoulder leading him inside.

~*~*~

“Kaleb?!” He heard his mother calling. “It’s time for lunch, honey.” She sang merrily.

“Coming…” He replied as he hung up the last of his clothes. After a few minutes, he was standing in the doorway leading to the dining room. He furrowed his brows together in confusion. “Pizza?” He questioned as he hesitantly stepped further inside.

“Yes…” His mother’s smile was proud, yet calculating. “I know how much you love it.” She replied as she grabbed a slice for herself. “Come sit down.” She nodded to the chair across from her.

Okayyy…” Kaleb replied as he chewed on his thumbnail. He squinted at his mother quizzically as he cautiously pulled the chair out to sit down. He watched as Helen took a tiny bit of her pizza, chewing as if she had a mouth full.

“Mmmm…” She smiled. She knitted her brows together in confusion. “What’s wrong?” She questioned as she reached for her cloth napkin. “I thought you loved pepperoni.”

“Ummm…I do.” Kaleb replied still puzzled as to what his mother really wanted. She never allowed “fast food” in the house it was full of unhealthy preservatives she complained. “But you don’t.” He said with suspicion.

“Well…” She cleared her throat as she placed her napkin on the table. “I’ve been thinking.”

“Uh oh…” Kaleb sighed.

“No... No, this is a good thing, Kaleb.” She insisted. “I realized I’ve been going about this all wrong.”

“What have you’ve been going about all wrong?”

“You…”

“Me?” Kaleb pointed to himself. “What does that mean?”

“Your gayness,” Helen said unsurely.

“Gayness…” Kaleb frowned. “Is that even a word?”

“Well, you know what I mean.” She tried to explain. “If you want to be gay, that’s okay.” She bobbed her head quickly.

“I don’t think people just go around wanting to be gay, Mom.” Kaleb defended. “It’s who we are.” He stressed as he combed his fingers through his hair getting irritated with his mother.

“Okay. I’ll accept that.” She conceded. “Please eat.” She nodded toward the pizza that was now getting cold. Kaleb grabbed a slice, forced a smile before taking a bite. “So, how is your friend, Mr.” She stopped abruptly. “I mean, Chase.” She smiled coyly.

“He’s doing as well as can be expected, I mean he just buried his dad.” Kaleb said between chews.

“And the flowers arrived okay.” She stated more than asked.

“They did. Thanks mom.” Kaleb replied appreciatively. Helen just smiled.

“Kaleb?” She sighed.

Here it comes.” He thought to himself as he forced down his last bite.

“Chase seems like a really nice guy. He does.” She stated reassuringly. “And I’m sure he’s worked hard to get where he is.”

“He has…” Kaleb agreed fondly with a dreamy look in his eyes.

“Truth is, I’ve done a little background check…”

“MOM!?” Kaleb exclaimed. He dropped his half-eaten pizza and glared at her. “Why?!”

“Because, honey, I have to look out for my baby.” His mother defended.

“I’m not a baby.” Kaleb objected. “I’m a man, Mom, why don’t you see that? And I don’t need you looking out for me.” He scoffed exasperatedly.

“A factory worker.” Helen said with distaste.

“What?” He hissed.

“Chase’s father was a factory worker.”

“And?”

“Don’t you see?”

“Yes…yes. Mom unfortunately, I do see. I see a self-righteous old woman who thinks she is better than everyone else because she has money…I see a snob.” He huffed as he forced himself up from his chair. “Chase comes from a fine family. A loving and respected family.” He defended. “And you’re right. He has worked hard to get where he is today. He has his own law firm, people work for him, Mom; he’s not after my money.”

“Honey. I didn’t mean to upset you, honestly.” She tried to explain. “I thought I was doing the right thing. Trying to protect you.”

“Protect me?” Kaleb pursed his lips as he crossed his arms over his chest. “From whom…Chase?” He asked incredulously.

“Kaleb…” His mother slowly rose from her chair. “I have some good news.” She smiled, purposely avoiding his question. Kaleb sighed and shook his head. He was afraid to ask.

“I’ve found someone for you. Someone, more suitable.”

“What?” He balked with wide eyes.

“He comes from a prestigious family such as yourself, and he’s closer to your own age.” Helen said encouragingly, proud of what she had done. Kaleb’s eyes widened and his mouth fell open in shock. “You can take things slow. You know.”

“Oh my god….” Kaleb replied in disbelief, pinching the bridge of his nose.

“I have his number right here.” She reached in her dress pocket pulling out a folded piece of paper. “His name is Brian; he’s a friend of…”

“Thank you, but no thanks.” Kaleb drew his arms tighter across his chest and rolled his eyes. “I already have a….”

“A boyfriend…I know.” Helen cut him off.

“No, Mom. Not a boyfriend… A lover.”

“What?” She cupped her hand over her mouth. “He didn’t…you didn’t.” She cried. “No, Kaleb, please tell me he didn’t take advantage of you.” She begged desperately.

“No, Mom, we made love.” A contented smile appeared as he thought of Chase. “We’re in love and making love is a part of it.”

“In love.” She scoffed. “Stop saying that, Kaleb.” She objected. “You’re not in love, he doesn’t love you and you…you.” She stuttered trying to find the right words.

“I, what, Mom!?” Kaleb grabbed his hair pulling at it in frustration. “I what!?” He question heatedly.

“What the hell is going on in here?!” Horace asked as he hurried into the room.

“Talk to him Horace.” Helen pleaded franticly. Horace’s eye darted from Kaleb back to Helen. He wasn’t sure what his wife had done, but he knew if Kaleb was this upset, it wasn’t good. “What have you done, Helen?” He eyed her sternly.

“Huh…” She gasped. “What have I done? It’s not what I’ve done. It’s what has this Chase guy’s done to your son!” She yelled.

“Dad!” Kaleb whined. “She’s trying to set me up with some guy I don’t even know.” Kaleb stated exhaustedly. “How many times do I have to tell her…I have a boyfriend?” He sighed.

“A lover…” She retorted with venom lacing her tone. Horace glared skeptically.

“Is that true, Helen?”

“I just think if he’s gonna be…you know.”

“Gay?” Horace finished her statement, arching his brow. She snarled eyeing him with contempt.

“Well, your son, is practicing sodomy…did you know that?” She stated with repulsion.

“Mom…Helen.” Both Kaleb and Horace objected.

“Yes. Our little Mr. Montgomery got him down there and took advantage of him, just like I feared.” She spat.

“That’s enough, Helen.” Horace chided his wife sternly.

“Horace….”

“Dad!”

“I said, that’s enough you two!” Horace yelled, forcefully startling both Helen and Kaleb into silence. All eyes were on him. He had captured their complete attention. He stood in the middle of the room taking a deep breath trying to regain his composure before speaking.

“How was the trip son?” He asked calmly.

“…Okay, I guess.” Kaleb replied hesitantly.

“Good.” Horace walked over his son and placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder. “Why don’t you go up to your room? Give me and your mom time to talk.” He said with a kind smile.

“Um…” Kaleb glance over his father’s shoulder at his mom. “Okay.” He replied but not before grabbing a few slices of pizza to take with him. “I’ll be taking these.” Kaleb said before turning to walk away. Horace watched until his son was on his way upstairs before turning a death like stare to his wife.

“Horace, I can’t believe you’re okay with his behavior.” She expressed disapprovingly. Horace dropped his tired body in the chair vacated by his son pushing the tray of pizza aside.

“Helen, this has got to stop.” He stated adamantly, his face void of emotion. “I could hear you two going at it as soon as I stepped in the house.”

“He is my son too.” She replied. "I'm tired of you telling me how to raise my son.” She protested. “I only want the best for him.”

“Then let him be. Helen.” His voice was pained with distress. “Just let him be. You’re gonna run him away, possibly lose him…forever.”

“You don’t understand, Horace.” She defended.

“No, Helen. I get it. It’s you that don’t.” He sighed. “The boy is twenty-two years old.”

“With the mindset of a boy.” Helen countered harshly. “And that Chase Montgomery is taking full advantage of him.”

“I don’t think so, Helen. I think you’re wrong. He cares about Kaleb. I can tell.” Horace eyed his wife thoughtfully. “You know...” He sighed. "All he wants is to be respected and treated with dignity.”

“Whatever…” She waved off dismissively. “I have someone for Kaleb if he insists on being gay. Someone worthy of him.”

“He is gay.” He pointed out. “And he’s found someone who makes him happy. Someone who sees him for who he is. Why can’t you see that and just be happy for him?”

“What? You think I don’t want my son happy?”

“I think you want to control him, and that’s just not going to work. He is your son after all. He’s as stubborn as you are.” He stated with conviction. “He’s going to do what he wants to do rather you like it or not.”

“Well…I don’t like it. And I don’t like Chase.”

“Why? What has he ever done to you?” He chucked quietly. “Besides stand up for Kaleb.” Helen huffed crossing her arms over her shoulder in defense. “You catch more bees with honey.” He tilted his head slightly. Still she just rolled her eyes. “Why don’t you try to get to know him? Have him over for dinner. Put the boxing gloves away, just for one night.” He suggested. Helen stood stiffed neck, unwavering. “Darling…” Horace said as he made his way over to his wife. He uncrossed her arms from her chest and wrapped her in his. “I know you’re scared to let him go, but he’ll be fine. You have to loosen the reins. Let him get a taste of the ‘Real world,’ trust me, he’s a lot tougher then you give him credit for.”

“It’s just…” Helen rested her weary head against her husband’s shoulder.

“I know…” He said soothingly. “You want to get in his good graces? Try to get to know his fella. Remember keep your friends close and your enemies closer.” He teased, inciting a small smile from his wife.

“I just don’t know…” Helen sighed.

“Well, honey, what you’re doing now isn’t working.” Horace stated honestly. “Why don’t you try a different approach? No match making though.” He warned her. Helen sighed dejectedly before conceding.

“Okay…I’ll try it, but I’m keeping my eyes on him.” She assured him.

“That’s fine.” Horace smiled. “Now let’s go give Kaleb the good news. We have a dinner to plan.” He reached for Helen hand and pulled her out of the dining room.

~*~*~

“So you’ll come?” Kaleb asked as he rested his chin in the palm of his hand with a questioning gaze. He laid lazily, his body tangled in Chase’s bed sheets. He watched as Chase rested his back against the wall enjoying his half of the peanut butter and jelly sandwich Kaleb made them. He made it back to Chicago a few days prior, but because of his busy schedule, playing catch up and working on cases till the wee hours all they had time for until now were phone calls.

“So let me get this straight.” Chase managed to say between chews. “Your mother wants to have me for dinner?” He questioned skeptically.

"Noooo, over for dinner.” Kaleb corrected him, missing Chase's play on words.

"Okay...” Chase laughed before taking another bite. "Over for dinner."

“Umhummm….” Kaleb replied happily while scooting closer to him. They had just made love and were still relishing in the afterglow. “My body still tingles.” Kaleb stated casually as he rolled over on his back resting his head on Chase’s thigh.

“Why?”

“Because silly.” Kaleb giggled bashfully.

“No…” Chase laughed softly. “Why does your mother want to have me over for dinner?” He clarified. "She truly hates me.” Chase admitted as he stuffed the last bite into mouth.

“I don’t know, something about wanting to get to know you.” Kaleb replied as he carefully reached for the glass of milk they shared on the portable serving tray beside him. “Here…” He carefully handed Chase the glass. “I honestly think it’s my daddy idea, but I’ll take what I can get.” He shrugged casually while playing with the edge of the sheet draped loosely around his waist.

Hummm…” Chase hummed thoughtfully as he finished off the milk. He placed the empty glass on the nightstand.

“So, can I tell her yes?” Kaleb pushed. Chase smiled warmly into Kaleb’s blue eyes.

“Of course.” He smiled as he reached for his hand lacing their fingers together as he pulled him forward. “Just let me know when and make sure to have the paramedics handy just in case.”

“Just in case what?”

“She tries to off me.” Chase teased as he wrapped his arms tightly around Kaleb’s lean body.

“You’re stupid.” He laughed swatting playfully at him.

“Stranger things have happened.” Chase countered only half joking as he leaned down kissing Kaleb on the mouth.

“Well, it won’t be for a few weeks anyway. She went to visit her sister.”

“Really now?” Chase questioned with an arched brow.

“Yeah….”

“And what about your dad?”

“What about him?”

“Where’s he going to be?”

“Home. I guess…why?” Kaleb glanced over his shoulder.

“Well, I was thinking, while the cat’s away the mice can play.” Chase wiggles his brows suggestively with a mischievous grin.

“The cat, is that my mom?” Kaleb asked quizzically. Chase nodded a confirming yes.

“And we are the mice?” He assumed.

“Uhumm.”

“What kind of playing do you have in mind?”

“Well….maybe you can hang out over here a few nights. That is, if your dad is cool with it.” Chase added quickly. “He seems to be my only ally and I don’t want to ruin that.”

“Oh…no. My dad is cool.” Kaleb replied excitedly. “So you want me to spend the night?”

“Noooo….” Chase laughed. “I want you to spend the night.”

“Wait…” Kaleb knitted his brows together in confusion. “But you just said.”

“I’m kidding…” Chase chuckled as he pulled Kaleb on top of him completely mesmerized. Yes, he was falling alright, spiraling out of control.

~*~*~

He sat in the car, absentmindedly tapping the steering wheel as he waited impatiently for Kaleb to come out. The last couple of weeks had been Amazing. He and Kaleb had spent every day together and he hadn't grown tired of him yet. They were spending what some call 'compounded time' together, and every day was like a new adventure. The more time Chase got to spend with Kaleb he more he wanted.

He found him truly fascinating. Mornings in the Montgomery flat were interesting to say the least. Kaleb was like 'Pandora’s box,' being opened for the very first time. He was insatiable. Greeting Chase in the mornings with sex and insisting on it before they went to bed at night. Not that he minded of course, far from it, Chase loved it; he loved the connection they shared. He loved the fact that he was privileged to a side of Kaleb that no one else saw.

After their morning romps while Chase showered, Kaleb made them breakfast, usually a bowl of Rice Crispies cereal. "I love the way they sound... I like the way they feel in my mouth, it’s fun to eat.” Kaleb explained as they listened to Jazz while eating breakfast.

Their evenings usually consisted of grabbing dinner out before heading back to Chase's place. The few times he had to work late, Chase would leave the office, swing by, pick up Kaleb and drop him off at his place then head back to the office, so he wouldn't have to wait for him. Kaleb had gotten good at ordering take out from Chase's favorite restaurants and having it there by the time Chase got back.

Kaleb never had a problem with expression, and the night he tried wine for the first time was no exception. As Chase waited, his mind drifted back to that night. They were sitting on the floor eating, Chase eating spicy Tai while Kaleb enjoyed an order of pizza rolls.

"This isn't bad.” Kaleb admitted before taking another sip of wine.

"It's Riesling...It's my favorite.” Chase replied as he refilled his glass.

"It's light and fruity.” Kaleb giggled while placing the glass to his lips. Chase tilted his head slightly and smiled.

"I'm glad you like it.” He nibbled sexily on his lower lip admiring Kaleb as he set the bottle carefully on the floor. He took another sip as he rested his back against the sofa. "You know, this is nice.” He glanced around at his surroundings. "I like this."

"Me too.” Kaleb sighed contently as he slid next to Chase. He rested his head back against Chase’s chest. "I think I did good."

"Good?"

"Picking you.” Kaleb answered casually with a slight shrug of the shoulder.

"Ohhh...” Chase chuckled and nodded with understanding. "I hope you continue to feel that way."

"I'm sure I will.” Kaleb stated as he took another sip of his wine.

"More?” Chase asked while reaching for the half-empty bottle.

"Please.” Kaleb smiled softly. He titled his glass slightly allowing Chase to carefully fill it. "Thank you.” They fell back into their original position as Chase reached for his glass taking a small sip as he wrapped his arm around Kaleb's waist.

"You make me feel...” He paused to collect his thoughts. "Good...” Flowed off his tongue. Chase nodded slowly before kissing him on the shoulder.

"I think that...” He stated reflectively after a moment of shared silence. "You trust me with things.” He added thoughtfully.

“Trust you?” Chase repeated.

“Yeah…to order your food to…”

“Baby, that’s not a trust issue.” Chase clarified.

"My mom would never leave me home alone.” Kaleb countered. “I guess she's afraid I might burn the house down or something.” He chuckled softly. "I hate that she treats me like a child. I know she loves me but...” He let the statement hang for a moment.

"Yeah...” Chase replied softly.

"You what to know something funny?"

"What?"

"I asked for a car and they got me a bike.” He chuckled more to himself.

"Really...” Chase knitted his brows together in wonderment. He took a sip of wine as he reflected on Kaleb's words.

"Yep...” Kaleb confirmed as he too took a sip from his glass.

"So, what's up with the ride downtown?” Chase questioned.

"Well, she...Helen that is, says it will teach me some independence. Paul drives me downtown with my bike on the back. Let's me out and I ride my bike to the shelter.” He frowned as he shrugged his shoulder. "But I do know how to drive, honestly.” He said with conviction. "My..."

"Dad lets you drive.” Chase finished his statement for him. "I know.” He stated somewhat distracted.

"Yes...” He grinned excitedly.

"I believe you."

"I know. You believe in me too.” Kaleb added. "That's why I love you."

So here, he sat waiting. He sighed as he glanced around the interior. The smell of soft leather tickled his nose. He hoped it wouldn't seem to...His thoughts shifted gears and his heart sped up as he noticed Kaleb walking toward him with a look of confusion on his face. He jumped out of the car and hurried toward him.

"Hey, baby.” He greeted as he pulled him into his arms before giving him a quick kiss.

"Hey...” Kaleb twisted his mouth to receive Chase's kiss, though his eyes were focused on the Black Toyota Camry behind them. "You got a new car?” Kaleb asked as he moved from Chase's hold.

"Well...” Chase replied as he stood beside Kaleb. "What do you think? You like it?” Kaleb nodded as he admired the shiny new car.

"Yes... It's beautiful.” Kaleb beamed widely. "When did you get it?” He asked as he walked around the vehicle. He adjusted his backpack across his shoulder as he gingerly ran his fingers over the hood.

"They delivered it today."

"I didn't know you were thinking about buying a new car.” He called back over his shoulder as he made his way to the driver's side.

"I wasn't.” Chase replied as the excitement built. He rocked from the balls of his toes to the heels of his feet, his hands clasps tightly behind his back as he watched in amusement. "I love my car. This one is for you.” It was as if the earth stood still for just a moment. Kaleb's eyes widened and jaw relaxed in awe. He took a deep breath staring at the car as if he would blow up if he touched it.

"Really?” He asked in disbelief. "Are you kidding me?” He questioned hesitantly.

"No…” Chase replied. “I wouldn’t kid about a think like this.”

"Oh. My. God.” Kaleb cupped his hand over his mouth, causing Chase’s smile to fade quickly. He appeared bewildered and this concerned Chase. He made his way over to him placing his hand on Kaleb’s shoulder. The touch startled him, causing Kaleb to jump slightly.

"Are you okay? Is it too much?” Chase asked without waiting for a response, starting to doubt his generous gesture. Maybe he should have thought this through a little more. Maybe it was too soon for such a gift. He couldn't tell from Kaleb's expression if he liked it or not. "Damn...” He berated himself.

"You got me a car?"

"Um...yes.” He replied reluctantly.

"Wow...why?"

"Because...Um.” Chase stammered. "You need one. We need more than one car… and I don't want my man..."

"Your man?” Kaleb parroted though a toothy grin.

"Yeah...” Chase smiled. "I don't want you riding a bike unless you are doing it for exercise.”

"Okayyyy...” Kaleb replied while chewing apprehensively on his thumbnail. "I don't know what to say.” He admitted as his voice started to quiver. "Ummm..."

"How about, 'Chase, I love it, thank you. I'll drive it till the wheels fall off.’ Chase laughed as he pulled Kaleb into his arms. “That would be nice.”

"Chase I love it...thank you. I'll drive it till the wheels fall off.” Kaleb repeated as he turned around to face his ‘man.’ "Thank you.” He whispered softly into his ear. He stood on the tips of his toes and kissed him deeply as he wrapped his arms tightly around his neck.

"Can I drive it?" He asked curiously with curious eyes.

"It's yours. Of course you can drive it.” Chase chuckled as he handed him the keys. Kaleb quickly pulled them from Chase's hand before opening the driver side door. Chase smiled as he made his way to the passenger side and climbed in. Kaleb tossed his backpack in the backseat of his ‘new car,’ before sharing an appreciative glance with Chase.

"Buckle up.” Kaleb laughed as he buckled up his belt. "I can't wait for my mom to see it.” He grinned as he put the key into the ignition. Chase's eyes widened.

"Helen...Shit.” Chase sighed as he slumped down in his seat. “I forgot about her.”

PS: Kaleb's French translation... "it was the best time of my life" He panted as he buried his face between the crevice of Chase's neck and shoulder. "It's like I'm alive for the first time in my life. You make me feel special, wanted and I want to feel that way forever... I love you." Kaleb struggled to breathe as he experienced euphoria for the first time.
Copyright © 2011 Naptowngirl; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 19
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 10/13/2011 10:03 AM, loahisi said:
Isn't it great to have a french friend lol
Um...yeah. I think I'll keep you around... MWAH!!!!
Link to comment

Naughty Kim, making us wait nine days for this. But, as always, or should I say, comme toujours, it was worth waiting for. I still marvel at how flawless and smooth your dialogue is. The story moves along feeling so natural and just right, too. But....a new car?? Where is this headed?!

Link to comment

I love how Chase and Kaleb interact together :) and.. I can't wait to find out what kind of driver Kaleb is.

Link to comment

I am really glad that all that time I had to wait for this chapter wasn't for nothing. My first time with Kaleb was wonderful. Thank you for that!

I notice more reviewers than I are taken with Kaleb

and I think Helen needs some hobbies that don't include Kaleb.

Link to comment
On 10/13/2011 11:03 AM, charlieocho said:
Naughty Kim, making us wait nine days for this. But, as always, or should I say, comme toujours, it was worth waiting for. I still marvel at how flawless and smooth your dialogue is. The story moves along feeling so natural and just right, too. But....a new car?? Where is this headed?!
50 lashes with a wet noodle eh charlieocho...glad it was worth the wait...I'm still recooping from the move from HELL... but anyway I'm back on track..I think. Thank you so much for the wonderful review and words that fuel the writers soul. And yes, Chase brought Kaleb a new car..the boy must have been awseome...hehe where is this headed..I'll surprise ya ;)
Link to comment
On 10/13/2011 12:40 PM, intune said:
I love how Chase and Kaleb interact together :) and.. I can't wait to find out what kind of driver Kaleb is.
Yes, they are actually intuned with each other... :) thanks for the review, so happy to see you are still reading..

 

Kim

Link to comment
On 10/13/2011 06:34 PM, Nephylim said:
You made the first time special for us as well as for them. I am still totally in love with Kaleb.
Nephylim...YAY!!!! still with me :D Kaleb is amazing. I wanted their first time to be special, so glad you thought I pulled it off..and thanks for the review...

 

Kim :)

Link to comment
On 10/13/2011 11:42 PM, Swhouston44 said:
I am really glad that all that time I had to wait for this chapter wasn't for nothing. My first time with Kaleb was wonderful. Thank you for that!

I notice more reviewers than I are taken with Kaleb

and I think Helen needs some hobbies that don't include Kaleb.

Swhouston44, you're 1st time with Kaleb...Awwww. He's such a sweetie. Chase is indeed a lucky man and I think he realizes it. Helen, we haven't heard the last of her just yet... and yes she needs to take up knitting or something. She and Kaleb are like oil and water... It's I that should be thanking you for such a wonderful review...So thank you... :)

 

Kim

Link to comment

OMG, witnessing their first time was so beautiful. it was so special and precious and you just write it with the right amount of respect and love!! and yes Chase, this is what love feels like :)

but i know it couldn't last, so yeah, welcome back Helen. she really should give Kaleb more credit. he even know beforehand that there was something up, just by eaiting Pizza..lol i don't like how she is traing Kaleb and the fact he's gay. it looks like Helen still has some problems with this, and added to that there's Chase. i loved how Kaleb defended Chase, and the fact they are lovers, but i hate that fact how Helen go to him and made hi upset. it was good to see Horace stepping in here and talking some sense into Helen. i'm still not convinced that Helen will let this go :(

i love how natural Chase treats Kaleb.He totally trusts him with buying the car. this is so different from Helen's treating... so yeah, looking forward to Helen's opinion about the car, and let's attend this dinner party !!! Thanks again <3 Annette

Link to comment
On 11/10/2011 03:57 AM, asonearth said:
OMG, witnessing their first time was so beautiful. it was so special and precious and you just write it with the right amount of respect and love!! and yes Chase, this is what love feels like :)

but i know it couldn't last, so yeah, welcome back Helen. she really should give Kaleb more credit. he even know beforehand that there was something up, just by eaiting Pizza..lol i don't like how she is traing Kaleb and the fact he's gay. it looks like Helen still has some problems with this, and added to that there's Chase. i loved how Kaleb defended Chase, and the fact they are lovers, but i hate that fact how Helen go to him and made hi upset. it was good to see Horace stepping in here and talking some sense into Helen. i'm still not convinced that Helen will let this go :(

i love how natural Chase treats Kaleb.He totally trusts him with buying the car. this is so different from Helen's treating... so yeah, looking forward to Helen's opinion about the car, and let's attend this dinner party !!! Thanks again <3 Annette

Thanks, Nettie Poo. As you know I'm usually more graphic, but as I told some folks it's hard to do with Kaleb, he's special to me and I don't want to taint is pureness...lol crazy I know but true... Kaleb has a strong personality as you have noticed so defending Chase to his mother is second nature to him... She treats him like a child and Chase doesn't. He sees Kaleb like an adult, his feelings it just flow even if he doesn't understand why they run so deep...they compliment each other so well....

Thanks for reading chica,

 

Kim

Link to comment

“No, Mom, we made love.” A contented smile appeared as he thought of Chase. “We’re in love and making love is a part of it.”wub.png

 

Yep - I could picture Helens face when he said this too lol worshippy.gif

Link to comment
On 09/02/2012 05:43 AM, Slytherin said:
“No, Mom, we made love.” A contented smile appeared as he thought of Chase. “We’re in love and making love is a part of it.”wub.png

 

Yep - I could picture Helens face when he said this too lol worshippy.gif

Kaleb, gotta love him...he has no filters whatso-ever, does he...lol but he told her right, making love is a part of it!
Link to comment
On 02/28/2012 05:56 AM, Frostina said:
it was sooo beautiful, the way these two are forming a 'They' :D

*sigh*

seven months later...thank you Frosty...not even sure how I missed this. :(

 

Merci.

 

Kim :D

Link to comment

Chase is a god match for Kaleb and I love that he bought him a car...incredibly thoughtful. Fantastic work, thanks.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..