Jump to content
    Naptowngirl
  • Author
  • 3,960 Words
  • 6,184 Views
  • 12 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Shades of Gray - 15. Chapter 15 The Negotiator...

Love is a many Splendored Thing and then some, which Chase is quickly learning. Kaleb is truly one of a kind giving a whole new meaning to the saying, "Stand for Something..."

"I'm pulling up now.” Chase alerted Darla as he downshifted bringing the car to a screeching halt. He had passed the Emergency service vehicle, and coroner, down the road. He hopped out, phone still pressed firmly to his ear. He had been on the phone with Darla since he left his office being briefed on the situation. As he made his way toward the building, Darla rushed out to meet him.

"I'm so glad you're here, Chase, you just don't know.” She voiced frantically. "I didn't know what else to do."

"It's okay. You did the right thing.” Chase replied as he continued his trek up the sidewalk taking long brisk strides. Darla practically had to run to keep up. "You didn't call his parent's did you?” He asked as he closed his cell, shoving it deep inside his shirt pocket.

"Oh no. No of course not."

"Good.” He nodded as he opened the door allowing her to enter first.

Once inside he glanced around the crowded lobby taking note of the couple huddled back in the corner reviewing paperwork. He assumed, not only by their disposition, but also by their outdated gray suits, that they were from the state.

"I need you to clear the lobby.” He stated firmly never taking his eyes off the couple in the back. His mind was already working on getting out of the problem and into a solution.

"Okay....” Darla replied as she waved Mr. Watson over.

"Especially them.” He nodded toward the back of the room.

"But, they..."

"I know who they are.” Chase said as he loosened his tie while Darla instructed Mr. Watson to usher the moms and children out of the lobby. "I need them gone."

"But, what do I tell them?” She asked chewing on her thumbnail glancing toward the couple in question. Chase placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder.

"Darla, look at me.” He instructed his voice even and steady. "You have to remain calm...okay.” He said slowly. "Take a deep breath. Everything is going to be okay.” He promised. "Now go get rid of them."

"And tell them what?” She asked again eyeing him nervously. "Chase, you know I can't keep the baby here."

"I know...I know.” He sighed. "And you won't. I'll make sure they get the baby. But you know Kaleb is not going to just hand her over.” He stated as he nodded toward the nursery. "Tell them that a family member has stepped forward and they are coming to get her.” He instructed. "Trust me. I'll deliver the baby to them myself...I promise.” He smiled reassuringly. Darla inhaled deeply, releasing a slow long breath before agreeing.

"Okaayyy....” She stated with uncertainty. She steadied her breathing regaining her composure before turning to walk away. "Ummm...excuse me.” She called out capturing the couple’s attention as she walked quickly toward them.

Chase sighed as he watched them, making sure Darla was maintaining control before he averted his attention toward the nursery. He chewed on his lower lip, scratching behind his ear anticipating his next move.

"Is there anything else you need me to do, Mr. Montgomery?” Mr. Watson asked making his way toward him. He did as Darla instructed and was now ready for his next assignment. Chase could tell he was loving this. The shelter had never seen this much action...ever. Mr. Watson reminded him of Barney Fife from the 'Andy Griffith Show.'

"Do you have a key to the door?” He asked as they walked toward the nursery.

"No. He locked it from the inside.” Mr. Watson explained as he rested his hand on his revolver.

"I knew you were going to say that.” Chase muttered despairingly.

"There's a panic lock on the door that locks from the inside. I suggested we get that.” He stated proudly. "Some of these women are on the run and we don't want any knuckle heads running up in here snatching kids."

"Yeah...” Chase frowned. "Where is he?” He squinted scanning the nursery through the window.

"We figured he's taken her to the quiet room.” Darla answered before Mr. Watson could as she walked up behind him.

"How'd it go?” Chase asked.

"They left.” She replied, "but, I'm not sure they believed the story.” She stated doubtfully. Chase nodded slowly before turning his attention back to the door.

"How in the hell are we supposed to get in there?” He asked through a heavy sigh to no one in particular.

"There's an intercom here.” Darla pointed to the pad on the wall. "I talked to him earlier when the state department arrived."

"Oh...” Chase replied as he pressed the button. He stepped back and waited. The echoing sound coming from the speaker alerted them that Kaleb had depressed the talk button. "Kaleb, it's me Chase."

"Chase...” Kaleb's voice sounded shaky and scared. "Is that you?"

"Yes, Kaleb. Will you let me in?"

"It's horrible, Chase...just horrible."

"I know...can I please come in?"

"No...” He stated simply. They could hear him calming the baby through the speaker. Chase combed his fingers through his hair in frustration. He glanced at Darla and Mr. Watson and shrugged.

"It's okay, Kaleb. I just want to talk." He said.

"No you don't. You want to take Lilly away and give her to those people.” Kaleb charged.

"Kaleb...” Chase took a deep calming breath before answering. "What happened is terrible, but you know Darla can't keep Lilly here. She has no one to care for her. Let..."

"Me... I can take care of her.” Kaleb insisted. "We can't let her get caught up in the system, Chase, we just can't.” He stated with desperation evident in his tone. "Shhhh... Lilly, it's okay.” He said soothingly.

"We won't let that happen.” Chase assured him, "But you need to let me in, baby, so we can talk."

"She has a rash.” Kaleb stated avoiding Chase's request. "It's really bad.” They could hear commotion through the speaker as if Kaleb was moving around. "Her mom is...dead.” He whispered.

"I know...” Chase swallowed the lump forming in his throat. He hated this. Kaleb was sad... hurting and there was nothing he could do. "Can I come in?” He asked softly. "I think you need me."

"I do.” Kaleb's voice cracked. "But you'll take Lilly away.” He accused.

"No, Kaleb. I won't. I promise. I just want to talk and together we can figure out what's best for Lilly...okay."

"You won't try to take her?” Kaleb questioned skeptically.

"No...” Chase shook his head vehemently. "You can trust me, Kaleb; I would never lie to you.” After a moment of silence, the lock on the door was released. Chase sighed deeply and Darla and Mr. Watson released the breaths they were holding as well. He glanced at them as he hesitantly reached for the door handle breathing another sigh when it actually opened. Darla smiled giving him an approving nod as she patted him on the back encouragingly. Mr. Watson stepped back respectfully as they watched Chase cautiously step inside.

The inside was quiet and still, a stark contrast to the usual laughter and playful banter of kids running around. It was hard to believe that last night this room was festive, decorated for Halloween. There were people everywhere, all dressed in costumes enjoying , music, food, games and each other’s company.

He stopped as his mind drifted back to last night. Was there something he missed? He talked to Lilly’s mom several times during the night and she seemed okay. He thought about how life changes. Nothing is promised, not even tomorrow. How did it go…? Life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right. Forget about the ones who don't. Believe things happen for a reason. If you get a second chance, grab it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

“Chase…?” The sound of Kaleb’s voice pulled him from his reverie.

“Yeah…” He replied as he made his way to the quiet room. He stood in the doorway for a moment watching as Kaleb cared for Lilly. She squirmed, playfully kicking her chubby legs on the changing table trying to roll over on her stomach while Kaleb changed her diaper.

“Hold still little momma.” Kaleb cooed as he tried to steady her. His eyes met Chase’s as he stepped further inside. “Chase…” His forced a sideways smile, relief evident in his tone.

“Hey…” He greeted with a short wave. “How are you?” He asked taking cautious steps toward him. Kaleb shrugged his shoulder as he took Lilly into his arms.

“Am I in trouble?” He questioned with a worried glance.

“No…” Chase shook his head as he reached out for Kaleb, gently pulling him and the baby toward him.

“Then why did they call you?” He asked while bouncing Lilly in his arms.

“Who else would they call?” Chase smiled softly. “I’m your boyfriend…remember?”

“Are you mad at me?” He asked faintly as he chewed on the inside of his cheek.

“No…” Chase sighed reaching behind Kaleb’s neck allowing his fingers to lace his soft curls that lay so neatly against it. “How can I be mad at you for being you?” He smiled as he tenderly kissed Kaleb on the mouth. Kaleb closed his eyes welcoming Chase’s touch.

“Ah…” Lilly protested, reminding them she was there. Chase chuckled softly releasing his hold on his boyfriend.

“We’re sorry, baby.” Kaleb giggled before kissing her on the cheek.

“How is she?” Chase asked even as he played with her little fingers.

“She doesn’t know.” Kaleb replied turning his attention to the little girl. Lillian was indeed a beautiful baby. At the tender age of eight months, she had no idea her life had taken on such a drastic change. Her huge brown eyes still sparkled against her flawless caramel complexion. Chase combed his fingers through her soft curly hair.

“She is pretty.” He smiled as he watched her wiggle in Kaleb’s arms.

“Yeah…” Kaleb sighed. “I didn’t know what to do.” He admitted as he sat down, shifting Lilly comfortably on his lap. He admired her as she chewed on her little fist.

The morning had gone on as usual. Kaleb arrived at the shelter at 7:00am sharp still a little tired from the night before. The lobby was filled with moms milling about. Some getting their children off to school, while others dropped their children off at the daycare before they headed out either to work or look for work. Tamika, Lilly’s mother was usually one of the first to stop by, but not this morning, which Kaleb found unusual. Therefore, he took it upon himself to go check on her. As he made his way down the hall toward Tamika’s room, he could hear Lilly crying.

He knocked on the door and waited as Lilly’s cries became louder…more desperate. He even tried calling out to Tamika but to no avail. He ran to get Mr. Watson, who had a master key to all the rooms. He opened the door and that’s when they found her. They found Lilly crawling over her mother’s lifeless body in effort to wake her. Tamika was just a few years younger than Kaleb. A young mother out there, on her own trying to deal with the life the best way she knew how. The cause of death could not be determined until after an autopsy could be performed, but they suspected drugs were involved.

After reviewing Tamika’s application for assistance Darla found there was no next of kin, or emergency contact person listed and as much as she hated to do it, she had no choice but to call CPS to come and get Lilly and that’s when the standoff began.

“I know…” Chase sighed as he sat down beside Kaleb. He smiled kindly at the little girl who found comfort in Kaleb’s arms. “But you know you can’t keep her.” He nodded to Lilly who as if on cue removed her fist from her mouth and blew raspberries at him. Kaleb frowned tightening his hold on her.

“Maybe until we can find Tamika’s family. I’m sure they will want Lilly.” He assumed.

“Darla already tried, Kaleb and there was no one listed.”

“She didn’t just appear out of thin air, Chase.” Kaleb countered. “She has a mother and father….a family somewhere.”

“True. But we don’t know who…or where they are.” Chase replied. “We’re not even sure if Tamika was from Chicago.”

“We haven’t really tried.” Kaleb pointed out. “I can hire someone to find them. You’re the one who said if you have the means…remember?”

“Yeah, I remember.” Chase chuckled softly as he played with Lilly’s chubby toes. “And in the meantime?”

“I keep her.” Kaleb stated simply.

“Baby…” Chase released Lilly’s toes and grabbed Kaleb’s hand. “You can’t keep this child.” He stated adamantly.

“Why not?”

“Because,” was Chase’s only reply.

“That’s a word, not a reason.” Kaleb retorted has he shifted Lilly on his lap. Chase rubbed his finger thoughtfully under his chin.

“Kaleb…” He said after a moment of silence. “You would make a wonderful father someday, I honestly believe that. But…when you’re ready. Not now.”

“Why not now?” Kaleb questioned.

“Don’t you want your own child? Take the time to plan for it?”

“I’ll never have my own child. Men can’t have babies.” He stated flatly.

“I don’t mean it that way.” Chase replied. “I meant don’t you want to wait till you get older, settled into your own place. Plan it with your partner.”

“That’s in a perfect world, Chase. We don’t live in a perfect world…so.” Kaleb shrugged. Lilly started to get restless so he carefully placed her on the floor watching as she crawled around looking for something to get into.

“Where are you going to take her? Helen is not going to let you bring home a baby.” He pointed out. Kaleb pursed his lips as he watched Lilly trying to pull herself up by grabbing on his pant leg. He laughed when her little body dropped to the floor. Kaleb combed his fingers through his thick curls and sighed.

“I don’t know.” He frowned.

“We need to let the authorities handle this.” Chase suggested. “They deal with this kind of stuff all the time. I know some people that can help.”

“Help me keep her?” Kaleb’s eyes widened with excitement.

“No, baby. But they can find Lilly a wonderful home, that is if no family shows up to claim her.”

“I don’t want to give her up?”

“I know…” Chase wrapped his arm around Kaleb’s shoulder pulling him closer. He rested his head against Kaleb’s as they watched Lilly sitting on the floor chewing on her fingers.

“Can I just keep her tonight? I mean her mom just died, she needs to be with people that care about her. She’s gonna miss her mommy.” Kaleb frowned.

“Ummm…I don’t know if that’s a good idea.”

“Please….” Kaleb begged with pleading eyes.

“Kaleb…” Chase sighed as he scratched behind his ear thoughtfully. Kaleb pulled himself from Chase’s hold and pushed himself up from the chair.

“Come here, Lilly.” He scooped her into his arms and patted her on her diaper cad bottom before placing her on Chase’s lap.

“Kaleb?!” Chase tried to object even as Lilly started playing with his nose. Kaleb stood back, crossing his arms over his chest laughing in amusement as Lilly tried to chew on Chase’s chin.

“She’s at the oral stage.” Kaleb giggled. “She tries to eat everything.” He stated as he sat down next to them.

“Hey, Lilly…” Chase smiled into her large wondering eyes. “You don’t play fair.” He gripped even as he played with the babies fingers.

“Life’s not fair.” Kaleb replied. “Sooo….”

“Why do I feel like I’m going to regret this in the morning?” Chase questioned himself. He sighed in defeat. “One night, and one night only.” He stated sternly. “And we take her to CPS in the morning.”

“Really!?...We can keep her tonight?” Kaleb squealed in delight as he wrapped his arms tightly around Chase’s neck. “Thank you…thank you.” He exclaimed excitedly while placing kisses on Chase’s cheek, neck, and mouth. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” Chase smiled accepting a kiss on the mouth.

“Say thank you, Lilly.” Kaleb said playfully.

“Ah…” Lilly cooed before stuffing her fist into her mouth.

“Awww….she said thank you.” Kaleb grinned using his thumb to wipe away the drool running down Lilly’s hand. Chase chuckled as he rolled his eyes.

“Well, I better go inform Darla on what we are doing. She is still responsible for Lilly until she is turned over to the state.” He reminded Kaleb.

“Okay…” Kaleb sighed as he stood to his feet. Chase handed Lilly over to Kaleb before taking his hand into his own.

“Let’s go.” He smiled as he led them toward the door.

Darla placed her hand to her chest and sighed as she watched Kaleb, Chase and Lilly emerge from the darkness. Kaleb released the Panic lock on the door allowing everyone entrance into the nursery.

“Everything okay?” Mr. Watson asked.

“Everything’s fine.” Chase smiled as he released Kaleb’s hand.

Kaleb forced a sorrowful smile as he made his way over to Darla. “I’m sorry for causing so much trouble.” He ducked his head shamefully. Darla smiled placing a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

“It’s okay.” She said as she played with Lilly. “I understand.” She tilted her head slightly. “ But, these moms gotta get to work.” She nodded to the women and their children who had filled the lobby again. “They’re waiting on you, Kaleb.”

“Okay…” Kaleb grinned as he shifted Lilly in his arms. “Come on everyone the nursery is open.” He announced as he flicked on the lights.

“Darla, can we talk?” Chase asked as he stepped forward.

“Sure.” She replied with a questioning gaze. “Let’s go where we can have some privacy.” She said as she headed toward her office.

“I’m going to go talk to Darla, then head to my office to finish up some things. I’ll meet you back here this afternoon to get you and Lilly. I think it’s best that we all travel together while she’s in our care…okay?”

“Okay…” Kaleb readily agreed with no objections.

Chase smiled and kissed him on the forehead before caressing his cheek.

“I’ll see you later.” He said as he headed to Darla’s office. Kaleb smiled lovingly as he watched Chase step inside closing the door behind him.

“Everything’s going to be okay.” He assured Lilly as he kissed her on the top of the head. “My boyfriend will make sure of it.”

~*~*~

“You ready?” Chase asked as he made his way into the nursery. Kaleb glanced up and smiled as he continued to dress Lilly in a pink, worn, tattered sweater.

“I need to get her a nicer, heavier sweater. It’s going to get cold soon.”

“Umhum.” Chase nodded as he picked up the diaper bag. “Is this hers?” He questioned as he slung the strap over his shoulder.

“Yeah…” Kaleb answered. “She’s almost out of medicine for her rash, so we have to stop at the store on the way to your place.” He said as he scooped the baby into his arms.

“Okay…”

“Hey, guys…” Darla stepped inside carrying a car seat. “I figured you could use this.” She stated as she handed it to Chase. “It belongs to the shelter, but as long as you bring it back in the morning, I think we’ll be fine without it.” She smiled kindly.

It took quite a bit of convincing on Chase’s part to get Darla to agree to let them keep the baby over night. She just wanted to do the right thing, not to mention she didn’t want to get in trouble with the state and lose her licensing to run the shelter. Chase assured her that would not happen. He was taking full responsibility for the baby while she was in his care. He knew he was crossing the line here, but he was doing it for Kaleb. He knew Kaleb would die before he let something happen to her; so she was perfectly fine.

“Thank you, Darla.” Kaleb smiled as he shifted Lilly into his arms. “You ready to go home?” He directed his question to Lilly. The word ‘home’ didn’t go unnoticed by Chase or Darla. They shared a worried glance as they watched Kaleb and Lilly exit the nursery.

“Good Luck…” She whispered as she patted Chase on the back.

“Thanks….” He sighed as they followed Kaleb out.

Chase had dropped his car off at home and took a cab over to the shelter, so they could ride together in Kaleb’s Toyota. He opened the back passenger door and tossed the diaper bag inside. Now was the major challenge…securing the car seat.

Kaleb stood outside the car bouncing Lilly in his arms ever so often to calm her as they waited patiently for Chase to finish. After a few Ah-ha’s and frustrated grunts, Kaleb asked. “Are you okay?”

“Yes…” Chase huffed.

Kaleb smiled and kissed the baby on the head. “He’s okay.” He assured her. After a few more minutes, he asked again. “You sure?”

“Yes…Yes.” Chase replied, this time his voice taking on an even more frustrated tone. “I’m almost done.”

“He’s almost done.” Kaleb told Lilly.

“OUCH! Damnit!”

“Chase!?” Kaleb called out frantically. “Are you alright?” He leaned in trying to get a closer look.

“I just about snapped my finger off.” Chase snapped. “But, Yeah I’m fine.” He stated sarcastically.

“I can….” Kaleb tried to offer.

“No…no I…I got it.” Chase said surprising even himself. He lifted his head from the car. “Give her here.” He requested as he reached for Lilly. Kaleb did as he was asked and handed her over. He stepped back and watched as Chase tried to sit her in the seat. Lilly squirmed and started to cry. “Um…You better.” He gave a sideways smile, stepping out of the way.

Kaleb grabbed the baby and tried to put her in the seat. Lilly objected by arching her back and stiffening her legs refusing to sit in the seat.

“Come on, Lilly.” Kaleb placed his hand on her stomach and forced her down. “Sit.” Lilly started crying even harder while reaching out for Kaleb. “I’m sorry baby, but you have to sit here till we get home…okay?” He tried to reason with the tot. He secured the harness across her chest and secured the seatbelt around the chair giving her a reassuring kiss. He grabbed the diaper bag and closed the door.

Chase was already in the driver’s seat buckling up as Kaleb climbed into the car.

“Is she okay?” Chase asked as he started the engine.

“Yeah…” Kaleb replied as he fastened his seatbelt. He searched in the side pocket of the bag looking for… “Ah, yes.” He pulled out the pacifier. “This should hold her over.” He said as he leaned into the backseat.

“Here ya go, Lilly.” He cooed as he placed the binky into her mouth. Her whining ceased as she sucked viciously on her pacifier. She rested her head against the car seat, crossing her little legs at the ankle as she closed her eyes sighing contently. Chase put the car into drive.

“Let’s go.” He smiled as they pulled onto the street.

“Thank you, Chase.” Kaleb smiled admiringly as he reached across the console, taking Chase’s hand into his own. Chase smiled softly into his boyfriend’s eyes before turning his attention to the road.

TBC...
Copyright © 2011 Naptowngirl; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 13
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 10/31/2011 08:18 PM, Nephylim said:
WOW now that was a twist i didn't expect. Nice nice nice work
And the Plot thickens, as they say... ;)

Thank you...

Link to comment

Uh oh, Kaleb will be upset if they have to give Lilly up. Good Chapter! I can't wait to see what happens to the baby.

Link to comment

Well.....I read this last night, and it has taken a while for it all to settle, so to speak. You certainly upped the ante, didn't you! So much for a soothing calmness! The possibilities have just increased by at least a thousandfold (I don't know if there is such a word). For such a dramatic change of story, you pulled it off so smoothly. Why am I not surprised at that?worshippy.gif

Link to comment
On 11/01/2011 03:52 AM, intune said:
Uh oh, Kaleb will be upset if they have to give Lilly up. Good Chapter! I can't wait to see what happens to the baby.
Kaleb is about to go through some things, what we call life, but it's about time for him to grow up. He's got a great support system though...So. :) Thanks so much for the review, intune, I really appreciate it.

 

Kim

Link to comment
On 11/01/2011 03:56 AM, charlieocho said:
Well.....I read this last night, and it has taken a while for it all to settle, so to speak. You certainly upped the ante, didn't you! So much for a soothing calmness! The possibilities have just increased by at least a thousandfold (I don't know if there is such a word). For such a dramatic change of story, you pulled it off so smoothly. Why am I not surprised at that?worshippy.gif
What, charlieocho, you had to let the dust settle...lol Gotta keep ya on your toes..so happy to see you're still reading it deam it worthy of a review...I love it. The possibilities have increased and are endless so sit back and enjoy the ride... ;)

Thanks again..

 

Kim

Link to comment

I guess I'm going to have to install an alarm or something...to warn when you post the next chapter.....Dreamboat almost got om trouble and Chase had to even things out.

I reviewed another GA story last night and told the author the same thing I'm about to tell you...

You write pretty. And you tell a good story at the same time. That takes talent girl.

Link to comment
On 11/02/2011 12:30 AM, Swhouston44 said:
I guess I'm going to have to install an alarm or something...to warn when you post the next chapter.....Dreamboat almost got om trouble and Chase had to even things out.

I reviewed another GA story last night and told the author the same thing I'm about to tell you...

You write pretty. And you tell a good story at the same time. That takes talent girl.

Awww....Blushing over here...Thanks Swhouston44. Yeah Dreamboat almost got into some trouble and Chase had to rescue him. He will learn having a boyfriend thats a lawyer comes in handy... ;) Thanks for still hanging with me, and for the review...

 

Kim :)

Link to comment

had to read another one:) wow, a lot happened here i didn't see coming... i'm even more fascinated with the realtionship between Chase and Kaleb. you brought up so many issues here, about how to handle Lill's case and you did it with love, trust ans reasoning! a great combination. i was happy that Chase was going to keep his promises he made to Kaleb and didn;'t use this to just get into the nursery. he handled the situation not only as a attorney, but as a loving, understanding boyfriend. wow.. he came a long way here!!!

loved your insight on life, regrets and second chances a perfect fit here.. and i stopped reading for a moment!

i know Kaleb would make a great father (someday) and whereever you will take this i trust you with all my heart. because you handle things for a reason and with lots of love and dignity!! so i'm curious al always.. thanks for turning a shitty saturday ( b/c i'm still sick).. into a cuddly and warm one <3

Link to comment
On 12/11/2011 06:20 AM, asonearth said:
had to read another one:) wow, a lot happened here i didn't see coming... i'm even more fascinated with the realtionship between Chase and Kaleb. you brought up so many issues here, about how to handle Lill's case and you did it with love, trust ans reasoning! a great combination. i was happy that Chase was going to keep his promises he made to Kaleb and didn;'t use this to just get into the nursery. he handled the situation not only as a attorney, but as a loving, understanding boyfriend. wow.. he came a long way here!!!

loved your insight on life, regrets and second chances a perfect fit here.. and i stopped reading for a moment!

i know Kaleb would make a great father (someday) and whereever you will take this i trust you with all my heart. because you handle things for a reason and with lots of love and dignity!! so i'm curious al always.. thanks for turning a shitty saturday ( b/c i'm still sick).. into a cuddly and warm one <3

Hey, girl, sounds like "we" all ended up sick ;)One thing about Chase and Kaleb is their honesty between each other. I think in that situation making sure Kaleb was okay was Chase's main concern and making sure he didnt get into trouble. They are good for each other and together. Hope you get to feeling better girl. MWAH!!!!

 

Thanks for reading and posting a comment, you know I love them. :D

Link to comment

WOW!! Nover in a million years would i have seen that coming! Kaleb is such a gentle soul. it would hurt him a great deal to give up Lily! :(

 

oh, and... Call me Frosty ;)

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..