Jump to content
    Palantir
  • Author
  • 4,671 Words
  • 358 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Widderkin V. O. E. - 22. Chapter 22

WIDDERKIN VOE. Chapter 22.

***

Kieran watched the smiles and excitement as people responded to the current speaker, then glanced for a quick Woorawa check.

Auntie Arika was next up, and after her words of thank you and inspiration she’d be calling him to help with the protest chant. It had already featured three times but, with Woorawa and Auntie leading, there was always a special aura of mystery and compulsion.

Tan leaned to Woorawa for a quiet word.

Kieran didn't listen, his mind was busy checking for any exception to the general feeling of excitement and interest, but the words would be typical Tan encouragement and support.

Auntie's head turned to Tan, and –

"Kieran, they’re here. They’ve just come in the side entrance. Mr B was right. They’re here early. You’ll see them from where you are in a few seconds but have a look anyway."

Instantly, Kieran was watching through Rhys's eyes.

Two vehicles moved sedately past, one a white sedan and the other a large four-wheel-drive. The windows were darkly tinted and Kieran brushed aside his urge to take a quick mental look. He grasped his Opal and, through his network link, reached to the Central Grove of the Sanctuary Realm and its waiting High Lord.

"Hello, Kieran. The human ruler has arrived?"

"Hi, Ranevargar. Yes, and thanks for this. Woorawa’s been amazing so far, but dealing with the Prime Minister’s a big deal and your guidance will be better than mine."

"I will help as I'm able. How would you like to proceed? I can observe and advise, or maybe you could take charge of our merge."

"Me? No, Ranevargar. We’ll save that for a practice on my next visit to the Realms."

"Very well, and what level?"

"A full merge, Ranevargar. It always extends our abilities."

When the merge process settled into place, Ranevargar accessed Kieran's memories for a detailed understanding of the current state of affairs, then smiled at the persistent mental yell.

"Hey, what’re you doing? I can't hear you."

"I was busy, Rhys. You can hear me now."

"Yes, but what ... Ranevargar? Kieran’s already linked to you?"

"And merged. Kieran wants me to be in charge."

"Of course he does. This is a big deal for Woorawa. What’s this Prime Minister like? Is he full of himself?"

"We will appraise the general situation before turning to individuals, Rhys. Tell Mr B to join you with Tan and Corey, and we will keep you informed.

Rhys, don't distract Woorawa with any mind contact."

"I know. Kieran already warned me."

"Yes, he did. Consider this as reinforcement."

"Yes, boss!"

Ranevargar/Kieran smiled at the mix of compliance and irreverence then focused on the gathered crowd. Kieran had already done this as a matter of course but a merge probe would be far more definitive.

Yes, a great range of emotions; excitement, enjoyment, anticipation, curiosity, muted doubt and hints of disagreement here and there, but no sign of anything untoward.

Ranevargar/Kieran gave Auntie Arika an intrigued check as she climbed atop the picnic table but didn't linger. Priority was with the group watching from the rotunda.

The ruler first. Hmm! A complex and quite principled person, somewhat compromised by his machinations to retain power. There was interest and some surprise at the rank and influence of visitors in the crowd. The rush of the ruler’s thoughts and judgements changed to a single fixation – what? Oh, Auntie Arika and Woorawa had him in the thrall of their chant.

Interesting, there was wholehearted trust and regard for his aide, Rory, who'd insisted this meeting was important.

The Rory probe was a pleasant surprise. Apart from personal ambition this man had all the qualities for leadership, and his support for the protest augured well for the coming meeting.

Satisfied, the merge shifted to the big man shadowing the Prime Minister – Arthur – in charge of security – steadfast and committed – to Samuel, highly trained – impulsive but also committed.

With practised ease the seventh probe touched surface thoughts, then flared at anomalies demanding a deep and comprehensive search.

Kieran's part of the merge followed the intricate examination with growing horror and disgust.

"This mind needs repairing, Kieran. It has been forged to purpose and brutally treated."

"Repairing? He’s going to kill Woorawa."

Ranevargar exerted a smidgen of control and Kieran's protective anger steadied.

"Sorry, Ranevargar. I react before I think. What are we going to do?"

"Make the most of the situation. Repair the damaged mind, attempt some rebound against the ruthless perpetrators and, at the same time, advance Woorawa's cause."

"All that?"

"Yes, there will be no danger to Woorawa because we are well prepared. The kill compulsion must be triggered for proper clearance and in that moment we will control the reactions of everyone present. The bodyguards must react, but not overreact, Woorawa and your party must be involved but calm, and the aide will rise to the occasion while we place a suggestion in the ruler’s mind. Reach for power, Kieran. Time is short and we must create a new persona for the battered mind and hold it tightly controlled for the moment when the trigger initiates."

***

The Prime Minister watched the ambulance doors close then looked for Rory. What? Oh, good thinking! He’d moved into the rotunda where they wouldn't be associated with the ambulance.

"Have one of your men accompany the ambulance, Arthur."

Arthur shook his head.

"It’s all covered, sir. A representative is already on his way to the hospital where they’re taking him and backup is on its way here."

"Well, insist on discretion. How did you rate the paramedics’ examination?"

"Faultless. I’m as puzzled as they were, but they’ve taken every precaution their equipment allows."

"I saw you nodding when the leader suggested calling a neurologist."

"By the end of their examination he wasn't asleep but he also wasn't unconscious or in a coma. Every life sign had settled to a premium and his eyes were open without showing any awareness."

"The life signs were good?"

"Not just good. They were optimal."

"Very strange. Swap Samuel with someone else. The gun waving and shouting might make his presence in the rotunda too strong. Are you ready to be bland?"

Arthur slowed as the Prime Minister entered the Rotunda.

Five people came to their feet.

"Hello, Prime Minister. I am Woorawa. Welcome to my little domain. Is your guard going to be okay?"

"Hello, Woorawa, and welcome to Canberra. You are a long way from home and our meeting has started in an overly dramatic manner. My apologies, but my security staff are bound by procedure and the presentation of a weapon is a priority signal. The guard is in good hands now but we don't understand why he collapsed. Arthur and the paramedics say he is physically in good shape.

Is this Auntie Arika? My staff tell me she has a way with words."

"She’s wonderful. She’s left her place in Mparntwe to help us here."

The Prime Minister nodded, wondering whether to make a respectful bow or offer his hand.

"I am Auntie Arika and I offer you welcome. Open your heart to the words of our Dream Walker, leader of Parliament. He speaks for us."

Before the Prime Minister could respond the lad gestured to the dignified man in the feather cloak.

"This is Uncle Burrimul. He’s my guide and mentor, and elder of our People."

The elder’s hand was offered and, relieved, the Prime Minister took it. Greetings were usually straightforward but this old lady’s piercing gaze, and now the cloak’s presence was somehow unsettling.

"Elder Burrimul, I acknowledge your people and respect your traditions and culture. You have travelled far and I am honoured to meet a representative from the heart of our great continent."

The handgrip firmed and the Prime Minister saw a twinkle in the elder’s eye.

Good grief! His greeting had sounded like ceremonial waffle.

"Elder Burrimul, I do offer you respect and I do want to listen to your concerns."

"Thank you, Prime Minister. Woorawa is our voice and he has big things to tell you."

The Prime Minister felt himself relax and, hiding his interest, he turned to Woorawa.

"And who else do we have here?"

"This is Kieran. We share a house for college and he’s here as my friend."

The Prime Minister gave the quiet lad a handshake and a friendly hello then, dismissing him as inconsequential, gave all his attention to Woorawa.

"You have us very intrigued, Woorawa. Your protests have drawn attention right across the nation and particularly here in Canberra."

"It’s a lot more than protest, Prime Minister. We are calling on you to stop our sacred places from being desecrated."

"No one wants that but I do have to consider the broader picture. You understand the idea of the greater good? My people have studied this project carefully and the benefits are too good to be ignored."

"I do understand that idea, Prime Minister. Over and over it has been used to the detriment of my people, and this time I won't allow it."

The Prime Minister stared, annoyed with himself for being patronising, but also puzzled. Wouldn't allow it? Commitment was a given but the tone said much more. Did this lad have delusions of grandeur?

"Well, it is regrettable but I’m told it’s the only practical way the project can proceed. I also understand you’ve rejected offers of compensation, so would it help if I insist the offers are more significant? That would be a real benefit for your people."

"You can't compensate for wrecked culture and sacred places, Prime Minister, and the proposal you’ve seen is a huge con job."

The Prime Minister was taken aback. Rory had convinced him there must be substance to the forewarning of a serious bombshell, but this could be more.

"Could your commitment be colouring your judgement, Woorawa? Two government departments studied the proposal and there was no sign of any deception."

"The proposal is accurate in itself but it didn't tell you the quartz rock they want to mine is found all over the continent. There’s no need to wreck our sacred places."

"I ... Are you sure? ... I –"

Rory came to the Prime Minister’s aid.

"That is an extraordinary claim, Woorawa. Is there some reason your lands have been singled out?"

"Yes. There are higher than usual concentrations of the rare element they want."

Rory nodded.

"I think I see where this is going. Other sites would be profitable but with a reduced return?"

"Other sites would still bring enormous profits but with an average reduction of 3.7% against this proposal."

"3.7%? How do you calculate so specifically?"

"We don't, Rory. I’m quoting the Mining Company’s own calculations."

"I see. And if we’re reading this right you’re prepared to share this information with us?"

With a sinking feeling the Prime Minister saw that Rory accepted everything that was being said.

"I wasn't going to, Rory. But Malcolm persuaded me.

Kieran, I have a good feeling about this meeting. Give the Prime Minister the memory stick."

The Prime Minister accepted the memory stick and stared wonderingly at the little black object.

"Malcolm persuaded you to give me this?"

"He didn't think you were part of the con, and now that we’ve met I know he’s right."

The Prime Minister felt an inordinate sense of pleasure that he measured up to this young man's regard. How did that happen? Somehow Woorawa's purposes had become the agenda.

"Well, thank you, Woorawa. Is this Malcolm's media bombshell?"

"It contains a copy of the Mining Company’s internal documentation. Our media release will emphasise how the mining company has been self-serving."

Rory interposed.

"We’re extremely grateful for this, Woorawa, but it’s very short notice and we have a complicated situation to manage."

"You mean the gang of three? They’ll do what the mining company tells them, but as far as we can tell they’ve been conned as much as everyone else. Talking to your Finance Minister might get you somewhere. He’s the least compromised."

Rory's jaw dropped. Malcolm was highly likely to know about his own minister, but the gang of three was a private term used only in discussion with the Prime Minister.

"I don't understand. How can you possibly know these things?"

"I have authority to call on many resources."

Rory felt he was losing his grasp of the situation.

"I still don't understand. The respect of your country and people is to be honoured but it's not like the wide-ranging authority the Prime Minister wields."

"Would you accept an insight into who it is you speak with? My friend is new to the ways of power."

Rory's attention switched to the quietly speaking friend while his mind struggled to process so many inconsistencies. Was this a drama student, speaking in some archaic form to make an impression? No, there was nothing contrived about it. And why was there a sense that an older person was speaking? The lad was clearly a teenager. The question itself was definitely rhetorical and Rory watched the Prime Minister offer a baffled nod of acknowledgement.

The lad turned to the uncle, reached to the ceremonial cloak, removed it, then held it high in display.

"This is Woorawa's cloak of office. It will help you see."

Rory exchanged glances with the Prime Minister. This situation was becoming more offbeat with every passing moment. Well, despite the implication of more, they would see a boy wearing a cloak. Arthur and the other security guards would be hiding any reaction to this attempt at making an impression.

Close enough to hear the old lady's intake of breath, Rory saw her face light up. The uncle looked serious and Rory guessed that donning one of these ceremonial cloaks must be culturally significant.

When the dark headed lad finished adjusting the shoulder fit, the uncle fastened a clasp and stepped back.

"Welcome, Prime Minister."

With every hair follicle tight and knees suddenly weak, Rory watched the leader of the nation bow in deference then reach to briefly touch the palm being offered. For several unbelievable seconds, the tableau held, then Woorawa smiled and was an ordinary boy again.

"I will do what I can, elder of the First People, but the patterns of my leadership constrain me. Will you be staying in Canberra for long? I would like you to visit my family at the Lodge. I have a son who would love to meet you."

"Wow! That would be great, but we’re heading back to Mparntwe as soon as possible. We will see you again because we’ll be watching in the gallery when Parliament votes on the mining proposal."

He touched the hem of his cloak and looked at his uncle who gave a nod. He detached two feathers and offered one to the Prime Minister and one to Rory.

"This is a sign of respect and a thank you. If you ever come to central Australia and it’s still there I’d like to take you to one of our special places."

The Prime Minister regarded the feather between his thumb and forefinger then lifted his head.

"As a sign of my own respect and thanks I would like to wear this on my lapel while the bill is being debated. Would that be appropriate?"

For some reason Woorawa looked to his friend, Kieran, before replying.

"Yes it would, Prime Minister, but it's quite a slap in the face to the mining people and might make negotiations with them more difficult."

"Ha! When they’ve been conning us? Not likely.

Rory, have this information thoroughly checked by our legal people, and arrange for Malcolm to meet us at the Lodge. We’ve only got the weekend to strategise our approach ... Are you sure I can't persuade you to join us for a relaxed get-together. Rory and my son both tell me off for not knowing enough about our First People and I’d like to hear about your life in Marntway, is that how you say it?"

Woorawa looked to his companions and got nods.

"It’s Mparntwe, and we’d all like that. We were going to meet with Malcolm ourselves on Sunday so that will be a double bonus. I share a house in Melbourne with my three other college friends so would they be welcome too? We do most things together."

You share a house? Rory and I did that years ago in our student days and he banned me from the kitchen. Do you all take turns at cooking?"

"We do, but we’re spoiled by Tan who’s brilliant at it."

"Tan? That is an interesting name."

"He’s an interesting person. He’s very quiet but when you get to know him he’s amazing."

Rory stared in happy disbelief as this friendly chatter about Woorawa's friends proceeded. His friend was relaxed and open, the normal reserve of office gone. Regretfully he interrupted.

"Prime Minister, should I ring and postpone your meeting with the tax review committee? We’ll be pressed to make it if we don't leave soon."

"Damned meetings! I'd like to postpone, Woorawa, but I’d better not. There’s a pool at the lodge so tell your swimmer friend to bring swimming shorts."

***

The Prime Minister sat thoughtfully till the vehicles were well past the entrance to the grounds before he spoke.

"Samuel, contact the hospital for a progress report on your new team member. Arthur, do you know much about him?"

"Not personally, sir. He’s only been with us for a short time."

"Where did he come from?"

"Our usual source. The Sydney security firm that handles our preliminary training."

"Do a deep level clearance check on him please. It must have been a reflex related to whatever went wrong, but I’m uncomfortable that his weapon came into play."

Arthur nodded and the Prime Minister closed the privacy panel.

"What was that about, John? I’ve never heard you direct your security."

"Arthur and the others were focused on Woorawa and his group, but for some reason I glanced at that fellow and he was looking at me."

"That's not unusual. They’re taught to continually scan their surroundings."

"Not with a drawn weapon. It was a confronting moment but then he collapsed and Samuel took over."

"It was right at the onset of his episode. You might be reading too much into it."

"I might be.

Rory, what did you make of that meeting?"

"John, it was extraordinary. I’ve never known anything like it."

"I agree, but elaborate please. You see things I don't."

"Well, did you realise that somehow we were the followers? Woorawa was open and earnest and never pushy and we accepted everything he said without question."

Rory waved the little black memory stick.

"I’m totally at a loss to understand how he could have obtained such sensitive information. The big mining companies go to extraordinary lengths to protect their secrets."

"He said it himself. He has resources he can call on."

"John, he’s a kid from Central Australia. Resources like that don't exist there."

The Prime Minister gave Rory a look.

"Think about it, John. A meeting with five of our departments heads started a public service rebellion. Malcolm wangled a place in the parliamentary debate on the strength of it, and that’s about as likely as our twenty minute chat ending with your unconditional support."

"It's not unconditional ... Hmm! It is though, isn't it. What else did you notice?"

"What was your impression of Kieran?"

"The quiet lad? Nothing really. I presumed he was there as a kind of moral support for Woorawa."

"So did I, but there was one moment when Woorawa looked at him as if in query."

"Which moment?"

"When you asked if wearing the feather would be appropriate I had the impression that Woorawa was looking for guidance."

"I do remember that. He was thinking, Rory. Remember how considered his answer was?"

"You’re probably right, but it was Kieran who decided we weren't seeing enough. Until that moment when Burrimul fastened the clasp I thought he was making an amateur attempt to give Woorawa more status."

"And?"

"Well, Kieran was right. I’ve never experienced anything like it. I looked at Woorawa and my knees went weak and my brain stopped working. But then you touched his hand and he was a friendly kid again. If I hadn't seen how it affected you I’d be questioning my sanity ... What? You’re giving me one of your ‘I know things’ looks."

"I do know things and I owe it to you to share them in confidence."

The Prime Minister glanced at the closed privacy window.

"If this gets out it will be my sanity that’s questioned. You had a glimpse, Rory.

I was given more.

Woorawa directs the wisdom of his People and shines with the spirit Auntie Arika proclaims. My authority is a shadow of what he can command, yet he offered me openness and trust."

"Shadow?...

The Prime Minister laughed.

"The mining company’s goose is cooked. They have no idea what they’re up against."

Rory wasn't so sure. Time was short and the mining company’s influence was very powerful. A planning meeting with Malcolm was going to be very interesting.

"You invited them to the lodge?"

"And we're going to take up Woorawa's offer to visit that special place as well. Rory, when you contact Malcolm make sure he knows where we stand. I’m eager to hear what he has to say."

Rory nodded and happily welcomed the bubble of excitement at the rekindled spark of drive and purpose in his friend’s manner. Malcolm's bizarre description of a road to Damascus moment was no longer bizarre.

***

"I liked the Prime Minister, Ranevargar. He was much nicer than I expected."

"I more than liked him, Kieran. The complexities and pressure of leadership weigh heavily but he has been strong enough to maintain his integrity."

"Why did you give him the extra insight about Woorawa? He’d already made up his mind to give his support."

"His commitment was wholehearted and given despite the difficulties it will bring. He deserved something in return."

"What do you think we should do about the mining company? They’ve never done anything this bad."

"We didn't see them in the guard’s mind, Kieran. You are convinced there is a link?"

"It’s exactly what Corey has been warning us. He says they’re called cut-offs and there won't be any obvious connection to the company."

"You must continually scan for trouble, particularly when Woorawa meets people. You know the basics and saw more through our merge while we searched for signs."

"What about the protest march tomorrow? Corey thinks there’s going to be a huge crowd."

"Work with young Bantellar and bolster your reach with Opal power."

"Ban? I’m not even ready to initiate a merge with you, let alone anyone else."

"Not a merge, Kieran. A shared link will be very rewarding, particularly with someone as quick on the uptake as Bantellar."

"A shared link? What does that mean?"

"Think of how you work with Maurice. When you link with him he almost automatically links with you."

"Hey! We do too, but why do you say almost? It’s always been two-way."

"Since you formally became Realm Lord it has. Before that his mind was open while yours was guarded by shields he couldn't pass."

"Yes, you’re right, but how did he know it was okay to link? He just did it without asking."

"Not really. You watched my first communication with him and automatically adopted its shared link structure. Your offer was implicit."

"Wow! There’re so many things to know and you keep opening my eyes. I don't know what I’d do without you."

"The feeling is mutual, Kieran. With every merge I am challenged anew ... Your companions approach and I must depart. Our next merge will be when your rulers’ Council meets, but call if the need arises."

The merge ended, followed by the link, and Kieran turned to the eager attention of Burrimul, Auntie, and Woorawa, who saw he was now ready to speak.

"That was unreal, Kieran, but what happened with the guard? Your message to keep calm came before he even collapsed."

"Big stuff, Woorawa, and we’ll talk about it as soon as everyone’s here. What’s your feeling about the Prime Minister?"

"The High King was spot on with his advice about going to the top. I was nervous and I liked the Prime Minister from the start, but then he turned so friendly I wondered if you’d zapped him."

Kieran didn't answer because Mr B and Tan were arriving, and an excited yell from about fifty meters away held everyone's attention while Rhys ran flat out to be included.

"Wait! Wait! I don't know why I volunteered to be lookout. I missed everything. What was the ambulance for, and was he stuck up and all official?"

Woorawa laughed.

"Yeah! You missed everything. Kieran decided you’d worry too much if you knew about the ambulance, and the Prime Minister’s invited you for a swim in his private pool."

"You’re a dingaling, Woorawa. Pull the other leg!"

Rhys checked Kieran's reaction and got a private little nod. His jaw dropped.

"That’s for real? When you’re merged it’s too complicated to see exactly what’s going on."

"It is for real, Rhys. Auntie doesn't know about Ranevargar and the merge so I’m about to give a slightly modified explanation."

"Auntie and Burrimul helped Woorawa make such an impression on the Prime Minister that he’s going to do what he can to help, and he really did invite us to the lodge to meet his family this Sunday."

"His family? Like a friendly meeting?"

"Yes, Rhys, and he really did say to bring your swimming gear."

"Me? How come?"

"He was chatting with Woorawa about college life and who was at our share house."

"Wow, and what’s the story with the ambulance?"

"That’s bad. Corey’s been right all along about how far the mining company’s prepared to go. One of the security guards was conditioned to get Woorawa and I had to stop him."

"With that gun?"

"I was in control, Woorawa, and he wouldn't have been able to use it. It’s complicated. I let him draw the gun so the Prime Minister would alert his security people that something wasn't right."

"What did you do to him? That Samuel guy said the paramedics were puzzled."

"His mind was so damaged we had to give him a whole new personality, Woorawa."

Kieran spoke aloud.

"I had to take over for a while. After a gradual recovery he’ll turn out all right."

"This makes me worry about tomorrow's protest march, Kieran."

"I’m worried too, Mr B, but I doubt Woorawa will let us call it off."

"No way! It’s our best way of spreading the message about the mining company’s tricks. It’s too important.

Kieran, they won't do anything in public. It would make them look too bad."

"Maybe ... Corey knows their thinking best. We'll see what he says."

There was silence for a while.

"Kieran, is the Prime Minister completely genuine? You said he’s going to do whatever he can, and that's way more than we expected."

"All I did was give him a glimpse of Woorawa's authority and spirit, Tan. He was already partway there from hearing Auntie and Woorawa lead the protest chant."

"D’you know why he invited us to the lodge? We didn't expect that either."

"It was his response when Woorawa invited him to the valley of the Eagles, Tan. He likes Woorawa and wants to understand him better. He organised for Malcolm to be there too, so that will be really interesting."

"You look tired, Kieran. How about an energy boost?"

"I’m mind weary, Rhys. Half an hour of special sleep will fix me while the rest of you help Auntie and Woorawa mingle with all those guests."

***

Copyright © 2023 Palantir; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
  • Love 8
  • Wow 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Well, you knew the second the issue with the guard happened that it had to be something like that.  The mining company is ruthless as are most big business today.  They care nothing about anything that they do nor the people that work for them, it is all about the profit.

This went better than I or anyone could have hoped for.

Am I the only one that thinks the PM knows more than meets the eye?

Can't wait to see what happens next.

  • Love 3
Link to comment

I'm happy I guessed correctly about the guard, and that Kieran had it all under control.  I'm also I guessed incorrectly that the PM's own people weren't compromised.  I have a feeling that security company will be looked into quite extensively, the mining company will do anything to win and they have deep pockets.  I look forward to the meeting at the lodge.

  • Love 2
Link to comment
6 hours ago, centexhairysub said:

Well, you knew the second the issue with the guard happened that it had to be something like that.  The mining company is ruthless as are most big business today.  They care nothing about anything that they do nor the people that work for them, it is all about the profit.

This went better than I or anyone could have hoped for.

Am I the only one that thinks the PM knows more than meets the eye?

Can't wait to see what happens next.

Yes, the PM has rare knowledge. Ranevargar showed him the strength and spirit behind Woorawa's actions as well as a fleeting glimpse of the power and authority wielded in the Realms. I find this very interesting because ever since we met him, Ranevargar has advocated strongly that matters in the Human world and the Realms should be kept separate. He sure was impressed with the PM - 'I more than liked him, Kieran.' 🌴🖥️🌴

  • Like 1
Link to comment
6 hours ago, CincyKris said:

I'm happy I guessed correctly about the guard, and that Kieran had it all under control.  I'm also I guessed incorrectly that the PM's own people weren't compromised.  I have a feeling that security company will be looked into quite extensively, the mining company will do anything to win and they have deep pockets.  I look forward to the meeting at the lodge.

You're right. The PM, advised by Rory and from a distance, Malcolm, listened to Woorawa's message, accepted it in full, then further surprised everyone by giving his backing.

The Lodge? - -oh! - 🐶 🐶

  • Like 2
Link to comment

All I really have to say is that I am enjoying this tale of daring do and intrigue immensely, as I have with all  your tales.  Very well done and as always thank you very much for sharing this glorious tale.

  • Love 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Dathi said:

All I really have to say is that I am enjoying this tale of daring do and intrigue immensely, as I have with all  your tales.  Very well done and as always thank you very much for sharing this glorious tale.

:thankyou: It's great to hear that the story is enjoyed. Your comments are very much appreciated.:thumbup:

  • Like 1
Link to comment

"Maybe ... Corey knows their thinking best. We'll see what he says."

There was silence for a while.

I'm hoping the demonstration doesn't end as a catastrophe....

  • Love 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Daddydavek said:

"Maybe ... Corey knows their thinking best. We'll see what he says."

There was silence for a while.

I'm hoping the demonstration doesn't end as a catastrophe....

More and more we're seeing Corey as a force to be reckoned with. Major things like accessing the mining CO's sensitive information,  manipulating the media, and safeguarding the friend's Human World resources have all happened with little fanfare.

The demonstration is a complete success. :thumbup: - but - other things might surprise us.  🐶

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..