Jump to content
    Palantir
  • Author
  • 4,797 Words
  • 586 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Widderkin V. O. E. - 6. Chapter 6

Widderkin VOE.

Chapter 6.

"I hope this doesn't take too long. I'd rather see the penguins then listen to people talking about them."

"Maybe, Rhys. But park rangers have first-hand knowledge that’s sure to be interesting."

"I suppose … As long as they’re real rangers."

Along with quite a crowd, the friends were at a gathering area where basic information was given before access to the viewing places was allowed. Kieran smiled at the press of children and young people near the closed gate with looking, rather than listening, very clearly on their minds. The general murmur quietened when three smartly uniformed people moved to a low platform and smiled and waved for attention. That was instant and the lady and an older man pointedly turned to the dark younger guy.

"Welcome to Country, people. We give our respect to our elders, past, present and future. We give our respect to the land which is our mother, and the Creator spirit which is our father."

An exultant yell, in a language everyone there recognised but didn't understand, turned every head and Woorawa, seeing all the surprise, called again.

"Thank you! Thank you! It was my proper thank you for the fine Welcome."

The three rangers looked startled, but when they nodded their appreciation someone else called a thank you and started a chain reaction. The lady ranger took over and in five short minutes the gate opened and eager visitors hurried to choose viewing spots.

"Where do you want to go, Woorawa? The lady ranger suggested the beach viewing for a start and then the Penguin Highway to get closer."

"I’m happy wherever, but-"

Rhys's nudge interrupted.

"The ranger guy’s heading this way, Woorawa. I bet he wants to meet you."

Woorawa followed his gaze and his smile lit up.

"Hi! I’m Michael. We loved your thank you. Mandy gets me to Make Welcome every evening but we usually just get a few nods. Is this your first visit to the island?"

"Hi, Michael! I’m Woorawa and this is the first time for all of us."

Woorawa made introductions but the young ranger’s focus was so much on Woorawa they hardly registered.

"Have you travelled far?"

"Not today, but my home is Mparntwe which is in Central Australia."

Wow! ... Um … Would you like me to guide you round? Mandy wants you to get the VIP treatment."

Rhys made everyone jump when he laughed and grabbed Woorawa's shoulder.

"How do you do it? A few embarrassing words in your funny language and we end up with our own guide."

Woorawa's response was lost when their new acquaintance’s manner stiffened in disapproval.

"That language has been alive and passed down for thousands of years and you shouldn't make fun of it. I’m sorry, Woorawa. I’m not prepared to guide anyone who treats you like that."

He really meant it and turned to leave.

"But! ..."

Rhys’s spluttered attempt to explain petered out and Woorawa darted to intercept the offended ranger.

"Rhys is a goose, Michael! He says the opposite of what he really means to get an effect. He is my true brother and our elders honour him."

Michael turned to stare at Rhys.

"Sheba, Kieran! I really mucked that up. What do I do?"

"Nothing till he speaks to you. He’s taking in what Woorawa said and realising he didn't read you right."

"A ceremonial brother?"

"Yes, and he’s like a real brother too."

Michael silently took in this rather powerful statement.

"I’m sorry … Rhys. When you said the words were embarrassing I thought you were being rude."

Rhys draped his arm across Woorawa's shoulder.

"Don't be sorry. You were standing up for Woorawa and that makes you one of the good guys."

He paused while everyone showed their agreement, then his quiet and serious manner collapsed.

"And my name’s Goose, not Rhys, and that's what you call me if you can still give us your special treatment."

Mr B clapped his hand on his head, Tan rolled his eyes, and Woorawa reached to cover Rhys’s mouth.

"See what I mean, Michael. He’s serious one second and bonkers the next."

Behind Michael's bemused look a smile was lurking.

"I have never known anyone called Goose. It feels strange to even think of saying it."

Rhys abandoned Woorawa and knelt as if seeking a pardon.

"I am your humble servant."

"Get up, Rhys. People are starting to look and you’re embarrassing Michael."

"No I’m not, Mr B. He’s smiling."

Michael looked at the groveller and then at Woorawa.

"We should get moving. Is he like this all the time?"

Michael stayed close to Woorawa, mostly talking about penguins, while they walked several hundred metres to what he said was the best viewing spot.

"I really like him, Kieran, but he seems to be nervous."

"I like him too. He’s embarrassed because he snapped when he’s not meant to."

"We’ve had good penguin numbers the last few nights and if that holds we’ll have an interesting time. You picked a good day of the week too and there aren't so many people."

"Not many? There’s hundreds."

"There’ll be hundreds more tomorrow. The weekends get really busy."

They passed the last of the bench seats and stepped onto the narrow strip of sand separated from the main beach by a low barrier with keep out signs every few metres. Michael signalled to another ranger then ushered everyone through a little gate.

"We have to have a guard on patrol because some people take don't take notice of the signs and spoil the viewing for everyone else."

He smiled when the friends all looked at him.

"Not us! We’re going to a recording station between those rocks and to no one will even be able to see us. Most of the penguins pass very close and as long as we’re quiet and still we won't disturb them."

Woorawa grinned at him.

"We’ll sit still as statues, even Rhys."

The rocks in question were about fifty m away and, while they walked the soft sand, every eye kept turning to the water.

"It will be another ten or fifteen minutes before we see them because the light has to fade before they’re game enough to leave the water."

"What are they scared of?"

"Natural predators like gulls and sea eagles which stop hunting when the light fades, as well as introduced predators like foxes and feral cats. Here we are. Find a comfortable spot and sit down while we wait."

Against one side of the recess in the rocks a sun-bleached wooden hide protected a video camera and left just enough room for a small group of people.

"You said we need to be quiet, Michael, but you’re talking?"

"It’s all right now but if we’re lucky they’ll come past fairly close, and that’s when we need to be quiet and still."

Woorawa piped up.

"This is Tan, in case you forgot, and coming here was his idea. Mr B is our maths lecturer at college but it's more complicated than that, and Kieran is the glue that holds our group together."

Woorawa was being helpful in case Michael hadn't taken in everyone's name but the last comment was unusual enough to make him give Kieran very curious look.

"Well, that's the first time anyone has called me glue. Do you like being a ranger, Michael?"

"It’s the best, but I’m not really a ranger. Mandy asked me to give the Welcome when she learnt this was my Country, and now she’s helping me get enough experience to be a cadet ranger."

"Is that the lady who was next to you?"

"Yes, she’s really nice ... What is it like speaking to an elder?"

Woorawa was puzzled.

"It’s like talking to anyone. Have you had a disagreement or something?"

"No, there aren't many of us left and most of our language and stories are lost."

"That’s awful, Kieran."

"Yes, and it explains why he’s so drawn to Woorawa."

Woorawa’s eyes closed in concentration, then opened and fixed on Michael. A short, soft chant sounded into the twilight.

"This is my greeting to you, Michael."

Michael was almost overcome so Kieran smoothed the awkward gap.

"Where did that come from, Woorawa? We’ve heard lots of your chants but you’ve never done that one before."

"It’s a friendly message to different groups of our People, Kieran. It’s a long time since Uncle gave it to me and that’s the first time I've used it for real."

Kieran turned to Michael.

"Do you know any chants, Michael? We join in with Woorawa when we have campfires or practices."

"My mum's uncle was a storyteller but he died when I was little so I never learnt any."

"Woorawa will teach you one if you like ... What about that one you just did, Woorawa? If we’ve got time it’s nice and short."

"Not that one, Kieran. It’s from my mob to other mobs so it wouldn't be right. There’s plenty of others, but."

Mr B's groan brought a whole range of disconcerted looks.

"I am not groaning at the chants. That’s great! I’m groaning because goose talk must be contagious. Rhys is teaching Woorawa to be a language mangler."

Rhys did a finger circle next to his head.

Mr B groaned again.

"The redundant ‘but’, Rhys! You use it so much you’ve infected Woorawa."

Rhys shook his head with feigned concern.

"Ignore him, Woorawa, all that maths has done something to his brain ... but!"

"I know. Did you hear that redundabundant thing? That’s language mangling for sure ... but!"

Michael's attention went back and forth till Kieran came to his rescue.

"Goose behaviour’s pretty normal for all of us, Michael. You’ll get used to it."

Michael's manner changed and his eyes focused in the distance.

"Look! The first stage is starting. The early birds are coming into view."

Goose talk was forgotten.

"Where? I can't see anything."

Kieran couldn't either but, as Rhys described it later, Woorawa's body gave off excitement vibes while his arm pointed.

"Look harder, Rhys. I can see ... A whole group ... and another group. Wow! They’re everywhere. What’s the next stage, Michael?"

"The groups are called rafts and when they commit they’ll race till they reach the rocks ... Here comes the first raft now ... and it’s a big one. Please keep still and quiet so they dont get frightened."

Little bodies made an ungainly stampede across the damp sand then slowed at the rocks to sort ruffled feathers and check their surroundings. Tan was probably counting but there sure were a lot of them.

"This is amazing, Kieran. Their walk makes them look happy and nervous at the same time. Are you going to let them know you’re here?"

"In a few more metres they’ll know anyway, Rhys, but I want to acknowledge them properly so the next few minutes could be interesting."

Hopping and waddling, the whole phalanx moved closer and closer, following the likely course Michael had indicated till, with a collective pause, every head turned to the rock enclosure.

Kieran tingled with the moment and, feeling it was the right thing to do, sent a whisper of benison. A chorus of curious calls sounded and every penguin moved. Kieran smiled as he shared his friends’ jolt of enjoyment and overlaid Michael's shock and disbelief with a subtle reassurance.

Wonderful! But now burrows and shelter called, and the whole mob waddled happily off. Michael stared till the last penguin passed behind the rocks then stared again at five smiling faces.

"I don't know what happened. I’ve never heard of anything like it."

"I know what it was."

Michael expected a reasonable explanation. The friends didn't.

"They’ve never seen a goose and they had to investigate."

"The goose was a disappointment then, Rhys, because they didn't stay long."

"Only because they were redundant, Mr B. You watch! I bet the next lot are goose investigators too."

Mr B turned to Michael

"He’s just been promoted from goose to turkey, Michael, so if we have another visit it will be to investigate the gobbledygook."

"Another visit?"

Woorawa spoke up.

"Rhys is cheating, Michael. We’re used to unusual of things happening with animals, so he knows this might be a pattern for the night."

"A pattern? Are you being serious?"

"How much do I explain, Kieran? Rhys’s goose theory is confusing him."

"I think that's enough, Woorawa. There’s another raft of penguins coming so he’ll know you were right soon enough."

"I can't see any. It's getting darker."

"I can't either, but I’ve got their pattern.

"Michael, do you know about horse whisperers?"

That was Mr B.

"Yes, they’re people with a gift for working with horses."

"Well, Kieran has a gift something like that for animals in general, and any encounters we have are often very interesting. Experience is why Rhys is betting on another visit."

"And you and Woorawa think he’s right?"

"We all do, but ask Kieran. It’s his gift."

Kieran put a smidgen of authority into his voice.

"Mr B's explanation was a really good one, Michael, and I’m even more confident than Rhys that we’ll have another visit."

"You are?"

The reluctance to accept made everyone smile.

"Yes, but let’s watch this next group make their dash."

All eyes scanned the water and new puzzlement showed in Michael's voice.

"Which group? It’s about time for one I suppose, but when the dark makes the water black like that you can't see them till they’re on the sand."

"Whoops! I spoke too soon, Rhys. His eyes were better than mine for the first lot and he’s wondering how that could change."

"I must have registered a movement or something, Michael. Yes, here they come! ... Are you counting, Tan?"

The reluctant acceptance changed to wonder and excitement when the new group of penguins paused their dash to shelter and waddled into the rocky recess for a brief visit.

"See! I told you they were goose investigators."

Michael, all his attention on Kieran, barely noticed Rhys.

"You did know ... Kieran ... But I don't understand. It was every single penguin and it wasn't curiosity. All those calls gave me a happy feeling."

"What do you mean by every single penguin?"

"I watch them all the time and they’ve got personalities. I think all animals have, and there should be a range in the way they act."

"Whoo! You shouldn't have asked him that, Kieran. It’s making him think."

"He will anyway, Rhys, but I'm going to change the subject for the moment."

"You think about your animals and watch them carefully, don't you, Michael. I reckon being a ranger is a great choice and I’m glad your boss is helping you. Do you do anything with other animals?"

"… Mostly penguins, but we’re involved with the koala reserve and we monitor the seal colony."

"The koalas? We’re going there tomorrow morning, as long as Rhys doesn't sleep in."

"Fat chance, Woorawa, with you and Tan waking up at the crack of dawn."

"It’s worth waking up for, Rhys. If you take the time to look for them there are other animals like wallabies and tasmanian devils and lots of birds ... If you like I could meet you and show you round?"

"I’m only goosing about the sleep in, Michael. Woorawa’s our biggest explorer but we all like seeing things, so meeting you would be unreal. Is it part of the VIP treatment?"

"Um ... Not really, but Mandy will be okay if I tell her I am showing Woorawa one of the old midden sites, and I’m very overdue for time off anyway."

"What’s a midden site?"

Mr B answered Woorawa's question.

"They’re like ancient beach camping places, Woorawa. You probably have the equivalent in Central Australia. Am I right, Michael?"

"Yes, we’ll probably just see shells, but sometimes an old animal bone gets exposed."

Kieran gave a soft chuckle.

"We’d love to meet up tomorrow, Michael. Woorawa will abandon us if we don't, but when will you know for sure? You could ring us in the morning if you like."

"We’ll see Mandy later when we go behind the scenes and I’ll ask her then."

That was interesting but Kieran didn't ask because a new penguin group was about to start its dash.

"Here they come! Is there any reason why there’s so much variation in the size of the groups? This one’s a lot smaller than the others."

"No one really knows. Yes, there they are. You’re an amazing penguin spotter."

The pattern of being still and quiet held till the forerunners waddled happily into the rocky recess and Rhys’s eyes picked out a highly incongruous movement.

"That one’s not walking properly! Look!"

Everyone jumped at his urgent tone.

The penguins took no notice.

"Where?"

"Near the hide! See?"

Thirty or forty penguin bodies was too confusing so Kieran shared Rhys’s vision.

"Yes, I see him, Rhys. He’s been badly injured."

"Check him out, please."

"I think it is Pegger. If he comes a bit closer I’ll know ... Yes, that’s him. His flipper’s not right and his left leg didn't heal straight."

"You know him, Michael?"

"He was in our penguin hospital and we weren't sure if he could survive when we released him."

"He’s not good, Rhys. He’s way thin and very tired."

"Bring him here! We’re going to help him."

"??? Now? With Michael watching?"

"Too bad! ... Um! It’ll be another mystery for him. We’ll put Pegger to sleep for a few minutes and say he needed a rest ... That's kind of true ... Or you can change Michael's memories."

"He was a favourite with everyone for his personality and fighting spirit. They’ll be really pleased he’s still battling on. We’re not ..."

The penguins made their happy departure. Except for Pegger, who watched till the coast was clear then rather awkwardly scrabbled his way onto Rhys's lap and flopped into a welcoming cradle of hands.

"Ready, Kieran? No blue glow or you’ll really freak Michael."

Mr B's whisper came.

"He must be so exhausted he’s fallen asleep."

Michael whispered back.

"He’s too thin."

A seemingly quiet minute passed, watching for any signs from the passive little body. Underneath the peaceful façade Rhys and Kieran were ministering frantically.

"Where’s all the energy going with such a little body, Kieran? I felt a bit wonky just then, till you gave me that boost."

"I don't understand either. You caught me by surprise when you drained your whole pool. The two main flows are going to his leg and his flipper ... It’s like a rebuild rather than a straight out repair."

"Do you think we’re out of practice? Maurice is the last time we did this."

"I wouldn't have a clue ... The flow’s gone all general ... No, not really. It’s doing something to his muscle structure."

"Careful! Hold the glow down. My hands just went tingly."

"Whoops!! I didn't expect that. He must be healed because you stopped using energy."

"You’re kidding! Already? What will we do with him?"

"How about keeping him asleep? That will backup Mr B, and Pegger needs it anyway. Can you keep holding him quiet for a while?"

"Are you kidding? It feels like I’m protecting him or something. I can hold him for ages."

"This is getting busy. There’s another group of penguins about to leave the water and Michael’s ready to burst. Ask him about tired penguins, Rhys. It’s one of his surface thoughts."

"Is getting tired a thing that happens with penguins, Michael?"

"It’s a big thing, especially with young ones when food is scarce and they have to swim long distances to find it. They never do this. He’s very still. I hope he’s all right."

"I think he is, but I’m not going to move till he wakes up."

"A sleepy penguin! I told you we have unusual encounters with animals, Michael."

Woorawa shooshed everyone and there was no talking till the next penguin dash and visit finished.

"How about we help him on his way with one of our energy boosts?"

"For sure! We’ll give him a few more minutes before we wake him up."

A techno-squawk swung every head and Michael unclipped a gadget from his side.

"Sorry, we’re not meant to use them in viewing zones so it must be important."

He pressed a button and a tiny voice sounded clearly.

"Michael! Whatever are you doing down there? Spotters have reported strange behaviour with every sortie and I just watched a whole group disappear into your hide area."

"… It’s not us. We don't even move or speak and the penguins just walk in."

"… Something’s not right. Bring your group back right away."

"… We … Um! ... We can't! We might take a while."

"Can't? ... Do you need Arthur to escort you?"

"It’s not a security thing. They’re class A visitors."

"Take control of the situation, Michael, while I send someone to help."

"I don't need help ... It's ... Well, Pegger is sound asleep in a visitor’s lap and we don't want to disturb him."

"Peter? Who is Peter?"

"Not Peter ... Pegger ... Our penguin, Pegger."

"Our Pegger? from the hospital? If this is a prank for your visitors I’ll be very disappointed."

Kieran took the walkie-talkie.

"My name is Kieran and a penguin is indeed here with us and sleeping deeply. When Pegger wakes up we will accompany your conscientious and respectful young ranger to wherever you’d like us to go."

The transmission beep was followed by a drawn out silence.

"Yes, I’m being over hasty. Michael is all that and more. Let me speak to him again please."

Kieran handed the device back and everyone listened as Michael spoke somewhat nervously.

"I’m sorry, Mandy. I didn't expect Kieran to take the walkie-talkie like that. We’ll leave the hide as soon as we can."

"Don't apologise. I couldn't accept such an unlikely story. Is it really Pegger?"

"I’m sure of it. I could see that wobble in his walk and his Pegger flipper. He’s completely exhausted or something because he fell asleep in the visitor’s lap and Rhys says he won't move till he wakes up."

"Extraordinary! Michael, you’re good with your penguin holds so I want you to bring him to the hospital for a health check."

"I’ll try, but you know how obstreperous he is. Will I still invite our visitors to your VIP meeting?"

"Absolutely! I’ll see you when you arrive."

The background crackle silenced and the gadget was re-clipped.

"Thank you, Kieran. You sounded like one of her bosses. She doesn't like it when things don't keep to the way they’re meant to."

"Who does! ... Why did you say Pegger was obstreperous?"

"One of the first-aiders wrote it on a report and it stuck."

"And what was that bit about good penguin holds?"

"I’ve got a sort of knack and they accept me holding them more than most people."

Mr B spoke softly.

"Like a penguin whisperer?"

"A little bit. I think it’s part of why Mandy wants me to be a cadet ranger."

"We’ll tell Pegger to make a run for it, Rhys. It’ll be awkward for Michael if we don't."

"You reckon?"

"All they’ll see is a skinny penguin and they’ll wonder why he’s telling stories and Michael will wonder if he’s seeing things."

"Let's do it now in case he wants to get his penguin hold while Pegger’s still asleep."

"Good thinking, boss. Give Pegger his boost and I’ll take over."

By chance this was a good moment because Michael was leaning to listen to a softly spoken question from Mr B.

The indignant squawks and mad scramble happened so suddenly there was no option but to watch the solo dash from the rocky recess.

Michael started to get up then realised there was no point.

"I won't even try to catch him. What happened? He was sound asleep."

Mr B laughed.

"He woke up with monsters all around. That would send anyone running for safety. Imagine finding yourself in the clutches of a giant goose? Mother penguins will be telling their chicks the story of his close call for years."

"You’re an idiot, Mr B."

"I don't know about that, Rhys. Finding a monster beside you is a memory you never forget."

"I don't know what you’re talking about sometimes but is it okay to go and meet Mandy now?"

Woorawa pointed.

"More penguins! We’ll watch them before we move, Michael. I wonder if this lot will visit us too?"

"Don't be disappointed, Woorawa, but it’s time for the rangers to feel some normality."

"They’ve reached the first band of rocks, Woorawa, so we’ll soon see."

The friends, all quiet and still, watched until, without a hint of any interest, the last penguin waddled out of sight.

"Hmm! They didn't visit. We’d better move while we can."

"Did you acknowledge them, Kieran?"

"Very quickly, Mr B, and then I blocked our presence from their minds. Rhys is right about moving too because I can sense lots more still out there."

Mr B jumped up and made a point of hurrying things along and telling Rhys to restrain his goose instincts when they met Michael's boss.

The guard ranger watched very carefully when they passed and Tan, of all people, got the giggles.

"I felt like a naughty kid getting the hard eye from the teacher, Michael. Word must get around very quickly if anything goes off track?"

"Yes, that’s why we all have walkie-talkies. Oh, there’s Mandy, waiting for us. She’ll be disappointed we haven't got Pegger."

She was, but then she impressed Kieran by accepting Michael's explanation without even a hint of doubt. She listened carefully to Michael's introductions then ushered everyone into a room with big windows overlooking the beach and the viewing area.

"Woorawa is really keen to see our penguin hospital and behind-the-scenes, Mandy."

Mandy regarded Woorawa with great interest, really turned on the charm, then realised she was overdoing it when it brought five knowing smiles.

She nodded and relaxed.

"Michael’s free to show you anything, Woorawa ... Did I say that correctly? If you can spare a few minutes first, though, I would really appreciate any observations or thoughts about your experiences. A change in our penguins’ behaviour is concerning and even a small detail might help us understand ... And thank you for your response to Michael's Welcome, too. Have you spoken with … I’m talking too much."

Woorawa's smile was fully alight now.

"Michael's welcome was great and so was everything else he showed us, and we’ll tell you everything you want to know."

After about ten minutes of general observation the discussion focused solely on every minute detail of Pegger's behaviour till Kieran, almost firmly, finished up.

"You should be confident that your penguins weren’t stressed or disturbed. The only moment anything like that was Pegger's rush to escape, and even then it seemed like he was indignant rather than panicked. Ask Michael. I’m sure he feels the same."

The tone surprised her.

"Well, yes … But not now. I’ll leave you with Michael while I make my nightly rounds and I hope I see you again before you leave. Michael, try and find time to log these events while they’re still fresh ... And grab some infrared torches to show your friends the research burrows and our man-made shelters."

"Um! … Can I take the day off tomorrow, Mandy? You know I’m overdue and I’d like to take Woorawa and his friends behind-the-scenes at the koala reserve."

Mandy laughed outright before speaking to Woorawa.

"What’s your secret? I practically have to yell at him to use his overtime buildups before they lapse."

She turned back to Michael and considered something.

"This is awkward, Michael. I’m sorry but I have to say no because I need you tomorrow for an extended patrol of the seal colony ... How about a compromise? If your new friends are interested enough they could go with you."

"Sheba! Unreal! Don't you dare take the day off, Michael. You’ll get pecked to death by penguins if you do."

Apart from his enthusiastic observations Rhys had been quiet and Mandy was startled by the outburst and the surfacing of another strong personality.

"Pecked to death?"

Mr B donned his lecturer mantle.

"Ignore the imagery and accept the excitement. Tan and Woorawa researched commercial trips to the seal colony so count us in. This is far superior."

Five beaming smiles faded at the worried frown.

"Michael! What’s wrong?"

"The tides are all wrong. Rhys won't be able to sleep in."

***

Copyright © 2023 Palantir; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
  • Love 8
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I love penguins and am so glad they were able to heal the one that was injured.  

Michael seems like a really great guy.  Hope he continues to grow in truth and honesty.

Excellent chapter.

  • Love 3
Link to comment
28 minutes ago, centexhairysub said:

I love penguins and am so glad they were able to heal the one that was injured.  

Michael seems like a really great guy.  Hope he continues to grow in truth and honesty.

Excellent chapter.

:thankyou: I'm delighted you enjoyed the chapter.

You're right about Michael too - watch and learn as he surprises the friends..

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Penguins are smelly critters up close however still cute to watch as for seals and sea lions they are just scary monsters that need to be left well alone.  Another awesome adventure, avidly awaiting audience appreciating authorial articulation.  

Thank you for sharing this next chapter in this tale of fun and adventure.

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
13 hours ago, Dathi said:

Penguins are smelly critters up close however still cute to watch as for seals and sea lions they are just scary monsters that need to be left well alone.  Another awesome adventure, avidly awaiting audience appreciating authorial articulation.  

Thank you for sharing this next chapter in this tale of fun and adventure.

Presto! Palantir proudly presents pages of penguin pranks and surreal seal sorties.

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
11 hours ago, Daddydavek said:

Glad to see them heal Pegged without upsetting Michael. Michael may become an adjunct member of the group!

Yes, Pegger was quite a distinctive little fellow and Rhys was won over instantly.

'Adjunct'?  - interesting thought - we'll see :huh:

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..